American Express

American Express Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work life balance
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 12, 2013
Work life balance is good and it is a good place to work at. Enjoyed every moment and learned a lot.
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 10, 2013
Learned many techniques about customer inquires and problem solving. Company's culture and benefits were the great. Management was not very strong in terms of taking immediate decisions.
Productive and fun work place
CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2013
Pros: flexibility with the schedule
Cons: have to work all weekends
Working at American Express had been a great experience. I like dealing with different type of clients and how to successfully resolve their issues and support them. Unfortunately, I was hired on a contract basis for a specific campaign, and that campaign ended.
Japanese Travel Councelor
JP (Former Employee), (Not Employee)Toronto ONAugust 9, 2013
I have not worked this company but I would like to write my review for Amex canada.
I applyed this company for a Japanese travel councelor job.
They want to have the people who is really flexible for shifts
included weekend. Also they follow the Japanese Calender it means even you have to work Canadian national holiday.(mightbe christmas too...) You – more... don't have to talk in English but you have to speak polite Japanese.(because their custmers are high status people). The job description is the same as Japanese Amex.

I just feel kind a weird thing that I got rejection emails twice.
I got the first rejection email the next day of interview and the second one was in week later.
I have never got the a rejection letter twice!
Anyway They hire people all year around. if you are interested Japanese society, you can try it. – less
A great place to work with room to advance.
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 18, 2013
Pros: work-life balance is important to this company and well supported.
Cons: some shift work, but they are quite flexible around trading with co-workers.
Amex is a great place to work, especially for the ambitious employee. They encourage growth from within and provide excellent support to those with ambition. It is very much a team atmosphere and it is a pleasure to come to work every day. The benefits are oustanding as well.
Empowered to develop employee motivational program
U.S. Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2013
I developed and implemented the "Be Real" Program. The program is several workshops and modules that empower employees at work.
One year Intern at American Express
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioJune 10, 2013
Amex Canada is definitely a fun and challenging place to work at. With the "open-door" policy, you are welcomed to chat with anyone in the company, at anytime of the day. That is, from CEO to VP to directors and managers, you are invited to share your thoughts and personal opinions freely here. The crews are a group of motivated financial experts and/or – more... technical experts and it's really beneficial working with them. The company also participated in a various social events and encourage its employees to do the same, such as big bike, the walk for breast cancer, and numerous other charity events. Sometimes after work entertainments are being held. Summerlicious, bowling, and dine out are all examples. – less
Enjoyed work
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: environment
Cons: nothing
Everyday I Built a connection with customers and proposed different products and services based on their account history to help minimize their monthly bill and protect their financial credit
Clarified financial charges, account details and benefits to customers
Presented excellent communication & interpersonal skills for exceptional customer care
Helped – more... company attain the highest customer service ratings
Officially commended for initiative, enthusiasm, persuasiveness, intense customer focus and dependability in performance evaluations. – less
Amex
Corporate Travel Specialist (Former Employee), Montreal, CanadaApril 29, 2013
• Responsible for arranging complex domestic and international business travel for air, car, rail, hotel, and limo
• Advised clients on efficient, multi-country routings for lowest available fares on preferred carriers as well as preferred hotels
• Ensured optimum customer servicing while coordinating interdepartmental responsibilities.
Collection Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2013
Pros: relax office environment
Cons: very stressful job (collection)
This company is good to work for. A typical day at work would be filled with collection phone calls, fun and excitement. Great management, good coworkers.
American Express is a productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Markham OntarioApril 15, 2013
 Responded to 125+ incoming calls in a timely and professional manner; maximizing service and sales leads; researched and addressed credit card member inquiries and concerns adhering to call quality and monitoring procedures/guidelines
 Effectively handled account maintenance including credit related inquiries, authorizations, enrolment and cancellation – more... of services
 Processed new accounts and applications, providing account, setting up billing disputes and referral to other departments as necessary
 Followed up on complaints, investigated issues with various departments
 Provided ongoing support and assistance to new staff as a buddy to ensure successful transition into new role
 Utilized needs assessment and effective persuasion skills to achieve departmental sales targets and goals – less
My team was fun to work with and we show appreciation by having pot luck lunches and games.
Bank Specialist (Former Employee), Markan, OnApril 4, 2013
Pros: lottery tickets and pizza lunches for excellent work done by the team or individually
Cons: not able to log off the phone when time to go for lunch, or at the end of the shift if the caller takes longer that usual.
Interacting with the public was satisfying when they are happy at the end of a call.
I learned to probe effectively to identify appropriate solution and to
Understand and acknowledge customers needs
Make the customers feel respected and valued.

Management was up to date with the needs of the staff and customers

My co-workers were more like family – more... than employees. The hardest part of the job was when I was not able to help a customer on that one call eg. customer is on vacation and card is lost/stolen and the most enjoyable part of the job was know that my co workers and customers are happy and satisfied. – less
Busy work place and team work
Customer Service & Communication (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: learning opportunity, team work
Cons: no time limit
The overall day is always under stick schedules. Communication with the customers/business partners, communication with the solution team, attending the schedules meeting, coordination with the co-workers, addressing the development and reporting and maintaining priorities.
The hardest part of the job is rescheduling of meeting as the days are defined – more... with each days work and accommodating a new schedule is a challenge.
The most enjoyable part is the team work and achievement of success. – less
Customer Service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), MarkhamJanuary 19, 2013
Dealing with customers daily financial requirements
it was a very busy environment and the management was friendly
Great place to work..
Credit card analyst/csr (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: there was a gym on site
Cons: micro managed
Colleagues were wonderful to work with.

I learned that teamwork was possible.
My supervisor was amazing.
My co-workers were /are like family
Hardest part of the job was sometimes turning irate customers around
I loved helping clients
loved it !!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), KitchenerJanuary 2, 2013
I love the company as whole , was challenging each day was different . learned alot each day . and easier way sto do things to make time more managable .
Great environment to work. Great culture and values
Strategic Analyst / Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 2, 2013
Great place to work. Veyr flexible. Great benefits and good culture. Only issue is hard for advancement opportunities. Great Leadership structure.
overall bad
Customer Care (Former Employee), Markham, ONDecember 2, 2012
managers were very disorganized, very slow computer technology, high unachievable goals set out by managers
productive workplace
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Concord, ONNovember 27, 2012
Gained excellent knowledge of communicating with customers.
Team leader for 2years.
great management and a team oriented atmosphere.
Fun workplace, interacted well with peers and managers
Customer care (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 27, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, good managers, friendly peers
Cons: pay was average
This was a good experience for me as I learned a lot about the business aspect of life. American Express was a good company to work at, my peers and managers were proud to represent such a global brand. Everyone was easy-going and great to work with.

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos