American Express Employee Reviews in Canada

I learned about customer intraction and support.
FINANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  MOHAN ESTATE INDUSTRIAL AREA, MATHURA ROAD, DELHIAugust 3, 2015
Very employee oriented company.
Secured work place for women.
Fun work place with supportive management.
Personally grow and development.
An excellent Employer
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 7, 2015
American Express is one of the best employer I had in my career. Work is very challenging but rewarding. Management are fair and have a good program for the career advancement of their employee.
Workshops and numerous opportunities for promotion
Business Travel Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 25, 2015
Reservations for corporate clients, air, car, hotels. Enjoyed workshops to better my chances of a better pay scale, bonuses and travel. Worked in team environment with great success.
Pros
travel
Cons
rapidly changing travel environment
Team leader operations (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 19, 2014
American Express was a great company to work for. Management is very focused on employee development and consistently work on employee satisfaction.Company had very good work environment. Very focused on bringing the best out of Individual. Ten years working for the same company is a long time, however in ten years learnt different lines of business.
Great Company to work for
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 5, 2015
American Express is a great company to work for. I handled inbound calls for card activation. The office is big, your colleges are great and very helpful. The salary could be better.
Pros
great food at the cafeteria (even open on weekends)
Cons
n/a
Not a happy place to work
Corporate Services Operations (Former Employee) –  Markham, onAugust 24, 2014
Management allow the Leads to be rude and disrespectful to the agents. Favoritism is show to people of their own decent, also with them moving back to the USA they clearly do not care about work life balance. I have worked 16hrs straight without even a thank you. If you are looking for a safe place to work do not go here.
Pros
free parking
Cons
long hour, rude management, old computers etc
Great people to work with
Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 9, 2014
I spent the last 6 years of my life working here and although there were up's and many downs the one thing that remained constant throughout my experience there was having the privilege of working with such amazing people.

If your looking for an enjoyable atmosphere thats filled with great people and hard workers than this is the place for you.
Pros
great people, onsite gym
Cons
terrible management, under paid positions
Nice place to work
Bilingual/Out &In Bound Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2015
What I've learn at Amex, is how to work as a team. Enjoy working with people. the hardest part in that job, is when you have do telemarketting specially when call at the wrong time. I enjoyed working there, I love to help people. Amex is the nice place for people like me to work.
Great company with flexible schedule, Great work and life balance
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 27, 2014
Customer-focused and deadline-driven Customer Care Professional with skills in identifying customer needs, resolving customer issues, presenting new products and supporting exceptional customer service. As part of the Amex Call Centre, gained valuable skills in meeting challenging call metrics such as response time, customer satisfaction, limited escalations, and successful call completion rates.
Am Ex: Best company to grow with
Analyst - Network Product Development & Management (Former Employee) –  PhoenixMay 15, 2014
I can't say enough about the amazing opportunities I've found within American Express. If I didn't have personal circumstances that mean relocation, I would happily spend the next 40 years with the company before drifting into retirement. The entire culture of the company is centered around doing things with the greatest degree of integrity and focusing on the PEOPLE whether those people are members, merchants, or employees. A company anyone would be incredibly lucky to be employed.
Pros
culture, growth opportunity
Great place to work!
High Value Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Markham, TorontoApril 13, 2014
American Express being one of the world's best known brands is a great place to work. The training they provide and the job culture they promote are one of the best in the business world. You are always taught to be decisive and have an open mind about ways you conduct business with customers.

Also it offers one of the best work environment with a healthy work life balance and plenty of challenges which allows you to thrive and grow.
Pros
fun challenging environment
Cons
may have to work weekends and holidays
quiet room where you can read during lunch
Customer Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  markhamMarch 6, 2014
Typical day at work is taking 100 calls a day with varying requests and demands from different clients and making an effort to resolve the issues to the satisfaction of the clients, while keeping abreast of the policies and procedures. The best part of the job is talking and having fun with the co-workers and friends, all from various backgrounds and coming together and helping each other out.
Pros
customer service training
Cons
stress
productive and fun with free gym
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work was advising current and new customers on products, promotions and billing inquiries.
I learned how to keep my talk time to less the 5 minutes without allowing my customers to feel rushed.
Very big company, but management keeps you feeling important as and individual.
My co-works were helpful and some of the best I met coming into the customer service world so young.
The hardest part of the job was around the time of Hurricane Katrina The most enjoyable part of the job, was being able to be the friendly voice for those who needed to hear it at the time of Hurricane Katrina.
Pros
subsidized food
Cons
sharing headsets
A great place to work with room to advance.
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 18, 2013
Amex is a great place to work, especially for the ambitious employee. They encourage growth from within and provide excellent support to those with ambition. It is very much a team atmosphere and it is a pleasure to come to work every day. The benefits are oustanding as well.
Pros
work-life balance is important to this company and well supported.
Cons
some shift work, but they are quite flexible around trading with co-workers.
Great place to work. Abundant in growth opportunities and internal training classes.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON / Phoenix, ArizonaMay 19, 2012
My day was 95% project related. I lead finance inititives that included involvement from different parts of the organization accross the U.S. as well as Canada, England, India and South America. It was generally high stress with aggressive deliverable timelines. I enjoyed the travel and working with many culturals. The most challenging aspect of the job was ensuring all communication was understood, and expectations were met, accross cultures and management groups.
American Express
Service Professional American Express Concierge (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONJuly 31, 2012
I very much enjoyed the hard work that I put in with this, and in hopes for a career. Turn-Over was high, the training was great I have to admit, long and intence, but I am the type of person who wants to learn and exceed at everything I do. I was able to obtain many certifications and always strived to do better. Hardest part of the job, allot of people did not take it serious, when there was no management around it was like being back in high school. And allot of people did not want to be there.
Pros
30 days, full benefits
Cons
allot of tests to pass
High Level Customer Service
Dispute Analyst (Former Employee) –  MarkhamOctober 30, 2012
Being able to help consumers resolve conflicts with merchants is very rewarding. I enjoyed training new hires the tasks and processes for the disputes business. The hardest part of the job is dealing with heavy workloads when the department downsized. The most enjoyable part of this job was working on special projects and helping employees when I was an ergonomic captain for the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
Pros
opportunities to learn new skills
Cons
unstable workload
Busy work place and team work
Customer Service & Communication (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2013
The overall day is always under stick schedules. Communication with the customers/business partners, communication with the solution team, attending the schedules meeting, coordination with the co-workers, addressing the development and reporting and maintaining priorities.
The hardest part of the job is rescheduling of meeting as the days are defined with each days work and accommodating a new schedule is a challenge.
The most enjoyable part is the team work and achievement of success.
Pros
learning opportunity, team work
Cons
no time limit
Enjoyed work
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 23, 2013
Everyday I Built a connection with customers and proposed different products and services based on their account history to help minimize their monthly bill and protect their financial credit
Clarified financial charges, account details and benefits to customers
Presented excellent communication & interpersonal skills for exceptional customer care
Helped company attain the highest customer service ratings
Officially commended for initiative, enthusiasm, persuasiveness, intense customer focus and dependability in performance evaluations.
Pros
environment
Cons
nothing
A very professional and friendly fast-paced environment.
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ONFebruary 27, 2012
I have worked at American Express for 3.5 years.It was a great experienced though there was no work and life balance.I have benefited from different trainings which helped me to increased my skill base.Overall a very good company for work for except few things.
Pros
cultural diversity, great values and friendly environment
Cons
no work and life balance, low salary and no management`s responsibility

4.2