American Express Employee Reviews

fast pace
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
Responsible for successful collections and reconciliations on all company products portfolios in a call center inbound setting
Evaluate and provide assessments on all collections risk accounts while ensuring the optimal customer service satisfaction and loyalty
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
1st party collection agency
Best staff to work with. Managament have no clue what we do and how we manage.
BATCH, CICS and System Security Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 April 2017
Enjoyed working with the team I was working with. Management have absolutely not a clue what is required and how we manage day to day work load. One of the poorest management team all around.
Pros
Peoples I worked with
Cons
Poor management, Work load, No appriciation for hard work.
great place, great people
Senior Manager, Rewards & Loyalty Program (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2017
over all a nice place.. certain internal teams make it frustrating and annoying to work though. Other than that, a lot of opportunities. location may not work for everyone!
Good
Digital Payment Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
Good place to work and grow, good people and groups to work with. Motivational and mentors available to guide the career growth. Learnt a lot in the last experience with American Express.
great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York Bay, NL13 March 2017
Great place to learn risk management

Credit analysis
Fraud management
Data science
product management
stakeholder management
new product development
agile
PROGRAM MANAGER / SCRUM MASTER (Current Employee) –  CA1 March 2017
Great place to work. The only problem is that after reaching a certain point, your career advancement options are limited.
A Human Resources driven company.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto12 February 2017
Very little professional independence. Managers did not respect the legal responsibilities of my professional designation. Overall, a very stressful workplace with very little reward.
Cons
Oppressive work environment.
American Express was my favorite job. I really enjoyed it there. The people were friendly and great atmosphere.
Administrative Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 February 2017
I would come in at 6:30 in the morning every day. I learned a lot of clerical work. I had learned to scan documents, we would have to key the information into the system. They use to have four or five fax machines that I would have to clear every day.
Productive, and high paced environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2017
Great environment
Lots of opportunity
Extremely diverse and multi-faceted environment
Progressed leadership and teamwork skills
Allows for both independent and team based projects
Great feedback system in play
Lots of reward systems at play
High reward but high stress environment
You need alot of patience and energy
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
All About American Express Platinum Travel
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saint John NB, Canada1 February 2017
I was very lucky to be able to work with a great bunch of people. I was able to obtain so many new skills while I worked there. There was room for many advances, as well as incentives for a job well done.
Pros
Great coworkers, meeting clients from different hotels
Cons
Unorganized management
Excellent Work Place
SENIOR ILT PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2017
Very friendly workplace culture. Amazing benefit of working from home. Friendly management and long term contracts with options of renewal. Good place to learn and grow personal and technical skills.
Incredible Company to work for
Lifestyle Consultant (Current Employee) –  North York, ON19 January 2017
Fantastic, dynamic company with great opportunities to grow. Extensive training program and full-time support from leaders and supervisors throughout employment at the company,
Challenging and very Rewarding work place
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
American Express was a wonderful company which provided me with a vast amount of opportunity and challenges. I learned a lot about SDLC and was very successfully in all phase within American Express.
Very regimented culture is very negative
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2017
.Very regimented culture is very negative, work life balance is lacking, Very long hours and having to deal with other regions of the world
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
Long Hours
Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 January 2017
Nice place to work. The atmosphere is very bright and the culture is distinct. Work life balance is a struggle.
Stable and motivated place to work
Productve and Fun envrionment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 January 2017
American Express Bank of Canada is an amazing place to work. They have a very flexible work life balance. Everyone at American Express Bank of Canada are fun to work with and are very helpful to get the job done.
Pros
Flexible on working from home
Established, Well known
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2016
American Exoress is a global services company that provides customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Teamwork and Productive environment
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Working with AMEX is amazing. There are several factors I like to share with you like teamwork, diversity and a productive environment
Csr
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 November 2016
• Worked in a team environment, as well as independently
• Exceeded individual sales targets every week for an entire quarter
• Provided effective first contact customer service and provide effective product knowledge
Productive and great perks working for this company.
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 November 2016
This company is great to work for. Our team leaders are fantastic. Not only they care about us as a person, but also care about how successful we are. They put in extra work to make sure we grow not only as workers but as individuals. This makes us acquire more useful skills to be better at what we do. We have all the help we want and need. Not only does our team leaders help us with that but the whole team is so welcoming and so supportive with whatever you need help with. This company has great benefits for their workers and has a well organized management team. At American Express you learn to be organized, to have attention to detail, and you get all sorts of customer which makes you learn how to handle all sorts of issues or contentment they may have. You really learn how to be motivated to do well for your own success since it affects the whole teams success.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2