American Express Employee Reviews

company is very fair to its employees and remuneration is good. Very good company for employee's growthI had very good relationship with management an
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa and Calgary10 February 2016
company is very fair to its employees and remuneration is good. Very good company for employee's growth had very good relationship with management and my peers.
Call center environment
Full Time, Inbound Call Centre Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 June 2012
Amex is a company that values intelligence. Casual atmosphere mostly. Management were professional.
I did enjoy the environement. Co-workers were professional.
Hardest part of the job was the hours. and the most enjoable part of the job was interaction with customers.
Pros
large company, good benifits
Good pay
CALL CENTRE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2016
okay to work for, wage is higher than most call centres. Training is a bit short for the amount of work needed. Must take good notes in training. Also training class too big to really absorb information.
helping customers with their credit card inquiries
Sales and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Markham on9 September 2014
A call centre environment with irate, unintelligent and rude customers calling everyday with not a second to breathe between calls for 8 hours straight and being underappreciated and underpaid
Pros
good health and dental benefits package
Cons
terrible pay 2001 $13/hr downsized 2014 less than $20/hr plus long hours
Best place to work
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  markham on26 February 2015
Amazing place to work, great benefits package and good bonus plan, feel valued working here. good work life balance and ample vacation days with everythign done to the book. pay is good and the management are really good
Old location was huge and free parking was a bonus
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2016
Overall a pleasant place to work. People are generally friendly and the job is challenging enough. Plenty of opportunity to learn from different departments and gain leadership.
Awesome worklife balance and great flexibility. Amazing benefits and a fun place to work.
Manager, Customer Service and Relationship Care (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario, Canada19 November 2013
• A typical day consisted of working with team of highly motivated customer service focused employees. Sometimes, working with SME's to ensure employees transition back into some of their roles seamlessly when necessary. Sometimes training employees to deliver optimum service.

I motivated, coached and inspire employees into delivering the best service possible while keeping them focused and engaged. It was important for me to create goals and development plans and guided my direct reports in acquiring the roles they set out for themselves in a timely manner.

• Most enjoyable part of my job was always working with my team and celebrating their successes. As a company we would engage in an annual Diversity Day celebration where diverse culture would showcase their national heritage and arts. It was such a wonderful feeling to be a part of such a Multicultural such organization that cared about their employees and demonstrated it with such pride.

It was great to have worked for The World Most Respected Service Brand! AMERICAN EXPRESS INC.,
Pros
Great pay, Awesome benefits and honestly the best company Ive ever worked for
Cons
Upgrading servers and client machines
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2016
We were upgrading client machines and some servers, Deployed windows on the clients, we deployed windows 8. Some servers we had to upgrade from Server 2003 to 2008.
One of the finest in customer service and product improvement in the Credit Card Industry.
Subject Matter Expert / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario, Canada30 June 2014
Friendly, flexible people. world class customer service. Good benefits. Career advancement possibilities. Continuous product and service improveme
Pros
Very good company culture
Productive and fun place to work with Employee perks
Implementation & Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham Ontario19 June 2012
Working at American Express is a fast pace great place to learn and is well positioned globally.

I've managed and implemented several projects and software dealing with internal and external business units.

Working with a diverse group of people has taught me to take in as much learning experiances from them as possible.
Pros
employee benefits, global company
easy going place
customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2016
good employer, and awesome teammates. sales bonus is great! good management, and sometimes high call volume which is good for making sales and earning bonus more money in the bank.
customer service oriented job
Senior Travel Consultant & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 October 2012
Answering calls and fulfilling all aspects of travel requests from company employees. Dealing with all problems and challenges that arise.
Managing difficult clients being the biggest challenge and forming lasting relationships with clients being the largest reward.
Pros
set schedule - good benefits
Cons
can be constant dealing with difficult clients
Collecting on Past due account
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 February 2016
• Made profitable spending decisions based on risk assessment and card member profile
• Negotiated effectively with customers, discussed alternate payment arrangements and repayment plans for customers in financial difficulties
• Recommended cancellations, or suspended spending privileges where required, and communicated these actions to customers
Great Company to work for
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 March 2015
American Express is a great company to work for. I handled inbound calls for card activation. The office is big, your colleges are great and very helpful. The salary could be better.
Pros
great food at the cafeteria (even open on weekends)
Cons
N/A
Great environment to work. Great culture and values
Strategic Analyst / Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON2 January 2013
Great place to work. Veyr flexible. Great benefits and good culture. Only issue is hard for advancement opportunities. Great Leadership structure.
fast paste and productive
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  hamilton, on23 March 2015
weekly goals to be made and to exceed

very fast paste and energetic

awesome company to work for

top benefits
always some sort of incentives and presents for the workers
Pros
free lunch / free hotel stays
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 August 2013
Learned many techniques about customer inquires and problem solving. Company's culture and benefits were the great. Management was not very strong in terms of taking immediate decisions.
fun workplace/acknowledges and rewards their employees
Customer Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 March 2014
Interact with 90-100customers on a daily basis/fun place to work/one big happy family/bosses have open door policy/benefits and perks are excellent/it's a shame they are closing the US call center here in Canada very soon.
no comment
Senior travel counselor Corporate travel (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2015
work from home , low employee morale , have meant some great people but now being forced to work weekends so work life balance is no longer present
Great Place to work
Relationship Care Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2015
Great place to work over the past 15 years. My manager is also my mentor . He has provided guidance and constructive feedback which has allowed me to grow within the company. I have built long lasting relationships with co-workers both here in Canada and also while travelling internationally on a work assignment. I have to admit the most enjoyable part of the job are the people and I always strive to learn something new and welcome change . I view that as another challenge and a great accomplishment once my goal is achieved. Overall this company has allowed me to learn so much about myself and all that I can offer.

4.2