American Express
1,198 reviews

American Express Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a great brand great coworkers
Collector II (Former Employee), phoenix, AzJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great people a new adventure with each call
Cons: bonus structure
the day to day of the job was the same to help customers resolve delinquency what made the job fun was the coworkers was a well supported environment. the team atmosphere was always a pick me up.. with all the changes in our industry management didn't fight for wronged workers out of fear of recourse.. managed by fear which sometimes made for a stressful – more... situation... 98% of the job was great – less
a great place to work
ccp wharehouse (Current Employee), Weston, FLJuly 15, 2014
Pros: benifit
Cons: extra days off
my review at it is a very fun place to work the one thing about my jos is that you have to pay good attention to what you are doing cause you dont wantto get cards member mix up or send out the wrong statement out to the wrong coustmer. the hardest part the job is it is a 12 hour shift and you have to stand to do your work. i overall rating is a 10 – more... at american express – less
Facilidad de trabajo virtual
Referente Business Travel (Former Employee), BJuly 14, 2014
Pros: cobertura médica, dia del cumpleanos libre, trabajo virtual
Lo mejor fue que podia hacer el trabajo que amo desde mi casa , en forma virtual. Conectandome con mis compañeros y clientes a traves de mails y telefono.
Recruitment Lead
Recruitment Lead (Former Employee), Gurgaon, IndiaJuly 14, 2014
• Hiring for financial and technology division at American Express
• Manage the entire recruiting life cycle from candidate generation, scheduling interviews, taking effective debriefs from the interviewers before hiring, making compensation recommendation, salary negotiations and offer extension
• Manage internal stakeholders to meet the manpower requirements – more... - right from acquiring, understanding the open positions to streamlining the interview process, till the end result is achieved
• Interact with business partner in the US, UK and entire JAPA (Japan, Asia Pacific and Australia) region.
• Leading and mentoring a team
• Understand the future forecasts and accordingly setting up right expectations with business and the team
• Develop the recruitment strategy along with team for every quarter like planning recruiting events, referral campaigns, outstation events, targeting companies etc.
• Conduct HR Interview, Negotiate Compensation and close the role and finally presenting offers
• Implement cost effective Manpower Planning and Recruitment Process
• Analysis of hiring pattern & quality parameters like sources, industry mix, cost analysis, seen to selection ratio, etc.
• Efficient management of the vendor partners to have proper sourcing channel mix
• Internal movement and promotion assessment
• Coordinate both in-house out stations recruitment drives
• Organize Walk-in Interview
• Maintain/publish weekly and monthly Recruitment Activity report – less
Great Company & Highly Talented People
Product Development (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2014
Great company, hands down. Talented people and lot of opportunities for someone to grow vertically.
A PLACE WHERE WORK CAN STAY AT WORK
Dedicated Support Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2014
The balance is like nothing I have personally experienced in this position.
Fantastic place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: there are no cons
American Express has been a great place to work. They have a culture of customer engagement and employee appreciation.
Busy office setting, time went so fast
Travel Coordinator for NJ customer locations (Former Employee), Clifton, NJJuly 10, 2014
Pros: discount on travel
Cons: we were laid off due to the internet
A typical day was starting at 9am at my desk connected to a headset taking calls from clients to book their business travel. I learned so many things, listening to the clients needs and booking trips all over the world. Air, car and hotels. Booking a reservation quickly and correctly for each traveler.Management was very helpful when any questions or – more... concerns came up. Unusual requests were met effectively. My co-workers and I were a great team working and helping each other. The hardest part was when 911 happened and people really wanted to be home with family members, but the airports were shut down. All car rentals were sold out. The most enjoyable of the job were many things. One would be having many happy clients with nice reviews. – less
Stiffling enviroment with poor leadership
Travel Counselor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 10, 2014
Pros: smart and good clients
Cons: management, call center mentality
The travel department is in trouble. There is a manager who has no management skills and micromanages. Team Leaders are solely based on choosing "yes men" for the manager. No experience team leaders are chosen over highly qualified and experienced colleagues.
Co workers are extremely competative. The compensation is poverty level with the "benefits" – more... impossible to use. The "agent stay" program is never available and the travel perks are a 10% discount at 5 star hotels that no employee can afford.

I enjoyed my clients. Amex is looking for call center people not travel professionals. They do not care about their platinum or centurion card holders and treat them as if they are cattle to be shuffled. Don't have any opinions and don't expect to make any money, they change the goals yearly and each quarter "tweak" them which means you will make less and less each "bonus" (which is taxed at 40%) – less
Great people to work with
Performance Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great people, onsite gym
Cons: terrible management, under paid positions
I spent the last 6 years of my life working here and although there were up's and many downs the one thing that remained constant throughout my experience there was having the privilege of working with such amazing people.

If your looking for an enjoyable atmosphere thats filled with great people and hard workers than this is the place for you.
A good environment to work with a fun and learn activities.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: old infrastructure.. need to be renewed
It was an awesome experience working for American Express. Given a good opportunity in future, would always like to work for American Express again.
Productive Company
Travel Agent Specialist (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: yearly lay offs
American Express is also a very all over Diversified Company
Amazing Company
Strategic Corporate Service CCP (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits, work life balance policy's and ability to advance or move within the company.
Cons: main hubs are located in arizona, not a lot of virtual options.
Its easy to say that you left a job, not the job left you. I had to relocate and leaving this job was the hardest choice I have ever had to make. American Express is a great company to work with.
Great group of people to work with. Everyone shares their knowledge so it is not lost to the coany.
Manager - Internal Control (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: training, travel, room for advancement
Cons: late nights for certain groups
The people are wonderful and the culture is very much inclusive. Leaders have tried to improve life/work balance by giving days off with pay to make up for late nights. Amex provides training on policies so that all employees receive the same message. It is a great place to start your career.
Great place to work; fun relaxed environment
Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
For the most part, everyone is nice and willing to teach, if you are willing to learn. It is a good environment to work in. Each day brought it's own set of challenges. There is a cafeteria onsite, and restaurants and shopping in the building.
lots of fun
Fraud specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great bennifits
Cons: not so great with management.
Amex is a great company to work for, but when its time for change you have to move on...
Excelente empresa con buenas prestaciones y buen ambiente de trabajo
Territory Mgr Corporate Svcs Adquisición (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFJuly 7, 2014
Pros: ambiente de trabajo
Cons: no se invierte en innovación
Es una empresa en la que la vida personal y laboral se pueden llevar muy bien, sin embrago las oportunidades de crecer son muy pocas.
Good Professional Workplace
Reconciliations Analyst (Full-time) (Former Employee), BFT (Billing from Travel) TeamJuly 6, 2014
Pros: opportunity to speak french
Cons: working in front of a computer screen all day long.
My typical day would be from 9am until 4pm and would require me working on the computer for most of the day as a Reconciliations Analyst, reconciling discrepancies on business travel accounts.

I worked in the French team of my department, meaning I would be speaking both formal French (on the phone to colleagues in Paris) and more 'everyday' French – more... with colleagues in my office.

I learnt a great dealing working at American Express as not only did I drastically improve my fluency in French, but I gained a great deal of experience working in a professional environment.

Management were nice and approachable, and were always there to help. Colleagues were also nice to work with, again being friendly and supportive.

The hardest part of the job was learning all of the different processes on the different computer systems, however the best part was the satisfaction when I finally got to grips with it all and was able to use several of them simultaneously. – less
Nice and fun place to work
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: nice work attmosphere, nice people
Cons: no health insurance, low pay
Sales and account management for American Express, telephone sales with approximately 150 calls per day.
Wonderful
Cashiers dept (Former Employee), Brighton, ENGJuly 4, 2014
Pros: good hours
You felt part on a team in a really big company. it was great fun even the YTS first

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos