American Express Employee Reviews in Canada

Amex Canada
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Best company i have been able to be a part of!
Loved working there every day and the people were incredible.

I would recommend Amex Canada to everyone.
worst place
travel counsellor (Former Employee) –  MontreallOctober 6, 2012
Long hours and underpayed. Salary no competitve.
Mangament: they only promote their friends and italians and quebecois, if you are not in that category you stay junior level.
Coworkers OK, but they dont pay my bills and Amex did not either with that low salary.
No comunnicaion between management and emplyees
No comunnication with HR.
Pros
i cannot think any
Cons
salary, mangament, hours
helping customers with their credit card inquiries
Sales and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Markham onSeptember 9, 2014
A call centre environment with irate, unintelligent and rude customers calling everyday with not a second to breathe between calls for 8 hours straight and being underappreciated and underpaid
Pros
good health and dental benefits package
Cons
terrible pay 2001 $13/hr downsized 2014 less than $20/hr plus long hours
Call center environment
Full Time, Inbound Call Centre Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 6, 2012
Amex is a company that values intelligence. Casual atmosphere mostly. Management were professional.
I did enjoy the environement. Co-workers were professional.
Hardest part of the job was the hours. and the most enjoable part of the job was interaction with customers.
Pros
large company, good benifits
Great Company to work for
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 5, 2015
American Express is a great company to work for. I handled inbound calls for card activation. The office is big, your colleges are great and very helpful. The salary could be better.
Pros
great food at the cafeteria (even open on weekends)
Cons
n/a
fast paste and productive
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  hamilton, onMarch 23, 2015
weekly goals to be made and to exceed

very fast paste and energetic

awesome company to work for

top benefits
always some sort of incentives and presents for the workers
Pros
free lunch / free hotel stays
Sales job with lots of independence and responsibility
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa AirportJuly 20, 2015
A typical day at work is using sales tactics to stop people in the Ottawa airport and convince them to use American Express cards. I learned how to talk and deal with many different kinds of people. Management was constantly monitoring our sales and checking to see everything was running smoothly each week. The co-workers were nice people and were team players, which is great for everyone. The hardest part of the job was stopping people in the airport since a low amount of people dislike being confronted by strangers. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to people and the amount of freedom with the job. I love meeting and talking to new people, which allowed the job to be fun.
Awesome worklife balance and great flexibility. Amazing benefits and a fun place to work.
Manager, Customer Service and Relationship Care (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario, CanadaNovember 19, 2013
• A typical day consisted of working with team of highly motivated customer service focused employees. Sometimes, working with SME's to ensure employees transition back into some of their roles seamlessly when necessary. Sometimes training employees to deliver optimum service.

I motivated, coached and inspire employees into delivering the best service possible while keeping them focused and engaged. It was important for me to create goals and development plans and guided my direct reports in acquiring the roles they set out for themselves in a timely manner.

• Most enjoyable part of my job was always working with my team and celebrating their successes. As a company we would engage in an annual Diversity Day celebration where diverse culture would showcase their national heritage and arts. It was such a wonderful feeling to be a part of such a Multicultural such organization that cared about their employees and demonstrated it with such pride.

It was great to have worked for The World Most Respected Service Brand! AMERICAN EXPRESS INC.,
Pros
great pay, awesome benefits and honestly the best company ive ever worked for
One of the finest in customer service and product improvement in the Credit Card Industry.
Subject Matter Expert / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario, CanadaJune 30, 2014
Friendly, flexible people. world class customer service. Good benefits. Career advancement possibilities. Continuous product and service improveme
Pros
very good company culture
Good
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Have worked on different challenging tasks on regular basis. It was very good experience working with American Express and JP Morgan chase.
Productive and fun place to work with Employee perks
Implementation & Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham OntarioJune 19, 2012
Working at American Express is a fast pace great place to learn and is well positioned globally.

I've managed and implemented several projects and software dealing with internal and external business units.

Working with a diverse group of people has taught me to take in as much learning experiances from them as possible.
Pros
employee benefits, global company
customer service oriented job
Senior Travel Consultant & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 9, 2012
Answering calls and fulfilling all aspects of travel requests from company employees. Dealing with all problems and challenges that arise.
Managing difficult clients being the biggest challenge and forming lasting relationships with clients being the largest reward.
Pros
set schedule - good benefits
Cons
can be constant dealing with difficult clients
Great environment to work. Great culture and values
Strategic Analyst / Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 2, 2013
Great place to work. Veyr flexible. Great benefits and good culture. Only issue is hard for advancement opportunities. Great Leadership structure.
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 10, 2013
Learned many techniques about customer inquires and problem solving. Company's culture and benefits were the great. Management was not very strong in terms of taking immediate decisions.
fun workplace/acknowledges and rewards their employees
Customer Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 3, 2014
Interact with 90-100customers on a daily basis/fun place to work/one big happy family/bosses have open door policy/benefits and perks are excellent/it's a shame they are closing the US call center here in Canada very soon.
An excellent Employer
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 7, 2015
American Express is one of the best employer I had in my career. Work is very challenging but rewarding. Management are fair and have a good program for the career advancement of their employee.
Profit Center Knowledge
Senior Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 23, 2015
This role provided an excellent opportunity to learn more about the profit center of a business. Additionally, it allowed for an expansion of my network by allowing me to work with various different stakeholder teams. I have learned as much as can be offered by the role and would like to leverage my skills within a more strategy based role.
Very Professional
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 10, 2014
Always care about the employees welfare. Compensation and benefits are beyond comparison.
Was hired for Customer Service now it is a sales job (THING5 SAINT JOHN)
Travel Counselor (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 18, 2013
I was hired and advised that there would be flexability with Thing5 in the schedules and was also told that we were not sales agents and we are there to provide extraoridnary customer service to American Express Platinum Card Members. All of the above is not true. We are rushed to finish each call, which is not giving the agents enough time to create an itinerary (some international). We as agents are held fully accountable for what Cardmembers think of AMEX. And when I say held fully responsible, you can be fired for a bad "survey" and it will predict your shift when the bids are out, shift bids last 3 months. I have never worked in a call centre in all of my working career and I think I never want to work in another one after this.
Pros
learn about the world
Cons
poor upper management, horrible hours, misleading information when hired
Excellent workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaOctober 6, 2015
Amex is an excellent organisation to work for. An ideal corporate that values its employees.

Flexible and employee centric
Pros
Flexible
Cons
N/A

4.2