American Express Employee Reviews

I learned about customer intraction and support.
FINANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  MOHAN ESTATE INDUSTRIAL AREA, MATHURA ROAD, DELHIAugust 3, 2015
Very employee oriented company.
Secured work place for women.
Fun work place with supportive management.
Personally grow and development.
It was not the job for me
Corporate Travel Agent/Ticketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BCJuly 24, 2015
I would come in and answer calls all day long and book travel. It was not a personable job, and I did not like that we could not work on building relationships with clients.
Pros
Cons
very impersonable
Sales job with lots of independence and responsibility
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa AirportJuly 20, 2015
A typical day at work is using sales tactics to stop people in the Ottawa airport and convince them to use American Express cards. I learned how to talk and deal with many different kinds of people. Management was constantly monitoring our sales and checking to see everything was running smoothly each week. The co-workers were nice people and were team players, which is great for everyone. The hardest part of the job was stopping people in the airport since a low amount of people dislike being confronted by strangers. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to people and the amount of freedom with the job. I love meeting and talking to new people, which allowed the job to be fun.
An excellent Employer
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 7, 2015
American Express is one of the best employer I had in my career. Work is very challenging but rewarding. Management are fair and have a good program for the career advancement of their employee.
4 overall rating out of 5
Senior IT Manager/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 4, 2015
good place to work, culture is moving to an agile development style. Brand new state of the art building with on-site Tim Horton's and has a great gym with a pool
good place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  markhamMay 3, 2015
Talk to about 100 cardmembers a day and resolving the issues brought up or providing information required. Good rapport with co workers and supervisors and a happy place to work in.Always keep in mind the requirements of the company, this will help to keep on top of things. Hardest part is dealing with customers whose issue cannot be resolved due to the companys policies or procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job is once you leave for the day you do not have to carry home any work with you
Pros
close to home, fairly good salary and benefits, schedule fits with work life balance
Cons
sometimes difficult to get a good schedule
very friendly and busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioApril 5, 2015
typical day was always receiving or making calls.
I've learned to cancel and receive payments over the phone regarding customer accounts.
management was okay. Sometimes they were there to help and other times they were busy on the phone as well.
Co-workers were friendly and helpful when needed.
the hardest part of the job was calling customers 8am. Sometimes calling for small change like $1.00.
the most enjoyable part of the job was receiving payments and communicating with the customers.
Pros
hour lunches and long breaks
Cons
working till midnight
Workshops and numerous opportunities for promotion
Business Travel Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 25, 2015
Reservations for corporate clients, air, car, hotels. Enjoyed workshops to better my chances of a better pay scale, bonuses and travel. Worked in team environment with great success.
Pros
travel
Cons
rapidly changing travel environment
fast paste and productive
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  hamilton, onMarch 23, 2015
weekly goals to be made and to exceed

very fast paste and energetic

awesome company to work for

top benefits
always some sort of incentives and presents for the workers
Pros
free lunch / free hotel stays
A great place to work and learn
Relationship Care Analyst/Coach (Former Employee) –  Markham, OntarioMarch 22, 2015
Throughout my tenure at American Express I have had the pleasure of working in a dynamic, fast paced environment that afforded me opportunities to learn and grow.
Productive environement
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Its very busy and high energy environment. Everybody is very focused in getting the results and also very good documentation record keeping.
The hours and my co-workers.
Financial Services Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, OnMarch 16, 2015
I enjoy working at American Express and the position that i did. I enjoying dealing with our clients and helping out in any way that i could.
Pros
fitness center
Fun while it lasted
Ticketing Clerk (Former Employee) –  OttawaMarch 5, 2015
It was a fun place to work but the constantly changing policies and procedures were hard to keep up with. They love to lay off a block of people and then hire completely new staff to replace the ones they lay off. lol
Great Company to work for
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 5, 2015
American Express is a great company to work for. I handled inbound calls for card activation. The office is big, your colleges are great and very helpful. The salary could be better.
Pros
great food at the cafeteria (even open on weekends)
Cons
n/a
Best place to work
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  markham onFebruary 26, 2015
Amazing place to work, great benefits package and good bonus plan, feel valued working here. good work life balance and ample vacation days with everythign done to the book. pay is good and the management are really good
system admin
Systems Administrator / IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Help desk specialist
enthusiastic
Hard working
American Express
End to End Test Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, OntarioFebruary 1, 2015
Very organized. Process oriented. Large technology teams working to build and support a great company. The organization is very supportive and enables its employees to do what is necessary to continue supporting their tech teams.
Excellent company to work.
Sr. IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Flexible schedules.
Opportunity to learn Cutting EDGE technologies.
Globally recognized company.
Friendly colleagues, staffs & environment.
Very much enjoyed my time at American Express.
cusotmer foused sales agent
Customer-Focused Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 22, 2015
over 10 years with American express Canada ,Top Employer for Toronto ,I enjoyed working with amex multicultural vision and extensive bonus structure .
US operation was moved from Canada
Nice place to work
Bilingual/Out &In Bound Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2015
What I've learn at Amex, is how to work as a team. Enjoy working with people. the hardest part in that job, is when you have do telemarketting specially when call at the wrong time. I enjoyed working there, I love to help people. Amex is the nice place for people like me to work.

4.2