American Express
1,160 reviews

American Express Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very stressful place to work
Travel Counselor (Current Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2013
This place is not a motivational place to work. Stressfull environment, and not a fun place to be.
Excellent Enviornment
Customer Care Proffesional (CCP) WTS (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 6, 2013
Pros: the people in amex are wonderfull
Cons: worst shifts
I have learned lot of things in American Express. People in american express are great to work with. Excellent bonding with co-workers, peers and customers. I have learned in true meaning how to provide excellent customer service. The hardest part of job was high volume of calls.
Global fast-paced environment
Manager - Global Business Performance (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioOctober 28, 2013
Pros: global exposure
Cons: long hours
Multiitasking, multiple meetings with global teams. Learned to understand business processes globally and how they differed or were the same
Excellent Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, OnOctober 24, 2013
Wonderful bosses, hard work and great travel perks. Daily operations of large scale call centre.
Company for advancement with good benefits.
Machine/ Print & Billing System Operator (Former Employee), Markham, ONOctober 20, 2013
With fitness club. Nice place to work and people are friendly.
Productive place and great GYM
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Markham, ONOctober 15, 2013
Start my day at 8am with Balancing and reconciliation the accounts for the previous day, lunch time is at 12 and finish my day at 4pm
Cover Letter
QA Analyst (Mobile Testing) (Former Employee), Markham,ONOctober 3, 2013
Over Five years of Software Quality Assurance experience has provided me with a strong understanding of testing various applications on different environments. I have exceptional ability to maintain QA Standards and QA Process at all phases of Project Life Cycle. I have also implemented test and automation strategies, automation architecture and framework – more... using functional decomposition techniques using Mercury Interactive tools like WinRunner, Quick Test Professional, TestDirector and LoadRunner. I am skilled in performing Backend Testing, Data Mapping and Data Integration testing using Data Driven Methods and SQL Query’s. I have an ability to interact with underwriters to understand the Insurance Products and Process. – less
Blue Box/ Combination of Values that you learn from Working with American Express
CONSUMER SALES MANAGER DUBAI REGION (Current Employee), Dubai,September 28, 2013
TISQC, Trust, Integrity, Security, Quality & Quality customer Service are the key things on mind when I start my day at American Express. I go with this thrill everyday that I have to make this day better than yesterday. This Starts with Meet and Greet with colleagues that I see on my way to my workplace followed by a team meeting for 15 min where we – more... discuss certain topics on news followed by agenda for the day. Individual Agenda which is subset of morning discussion that happened followed by routine work required to exceed Performance Review a plan laid down in the beginning of the year and reviewed quarterly. Collaboration and interaction with Head office for business follow ups, Inputs to Marketing, Discussion on Business Cases with Policy, Management Engagement, Discussion on Marketing Channels, Promotions, Delivery of Number, Business development, team reviews.

The Hardest part of the job is Communication with people in Head office via Emails, It builds perceptions which are not true most of the time so one has to work extra by giving a phone call to clarify the stand.
Most Enjoyable part of business is Meeting customers and solve their concerns and problems.

Blue Box Values which I live by are Customer Commitment, Quality, Integrity, Team Work, Respect for People, Good Citizenship, A Will to Win, Personal Accountability. – less
Fun and challenging place to work with great co-workers.
Relationship Care Professional (Current Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 25, 2013
I would start my day at 4:30pm and immediately begin taking calls. I would adhere to my scheduled breaks and end the day at 1:00am. The calls I would service are incoming calls from American Express card holders that reside in the United States of America. I have an extensive knowledge of credit card laws, both in the U.S.A. and in Canada, and I use – more... this knowledge to ensure I provide accurate information to the card members that call for assistance. I have learnt a lot from this position and have been able to use it within the company and provide fellow Customer Care Professionals with accurate information with my time spent assisting our Supervisor Team. During this time, I would log in and be there primarily to assist other Professionals if they needed the assistance, and I would also take escalated calls. I appreciated that this job has challenges, some times different challenges every day. Every situation is different and they can not all be handled the same way, which is why I had to use my previous and newly learnt knowledge, and utilize the resources available to me, to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of information. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), MarkhamAugust 29, 2013
It require a lot of attention and skills. Co workers was friendly and helpful. Challenging work atmosphere.
Bad place to be a contractor
E2E Test Manager (Contract) (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 29, 2013
Pros: nothing of consequence
Cons: us.vs.them attitude to contractors
The only reason contractors at American Express are treated as second-class citizens is that they don't have a third class. Little to no management support: new employees / contractors must stumble around to find the resources they need.
Corporate Cog
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2013
Politics rampant, fake culture, definitely a testing ground if you want to see if Corporate life is for you.
Work life balance
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 12, 2013
Work life balance is good and it is a good place to work at. Enjoyed every moment and learned a lot.
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 10, 2013
Learned many techniques about customer inquires and problem solving. Company's culture and benefits were the great. Management was not very strong in terms of taking immediate decisions.
Productive and fun work place
CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2013
Pros: flexibility with the schedule
Cons: have to work all weekends
Working at American Express had been a great experience. I like dealing with different type of clients and how to successfully resolve their issues and support them. Unfortunately, I was hired on a contract basis for a specific campaign, and that campaign ended.
Japanese Travel Councelor
JP (Former Employee), (Not Employee)Toronto ONAugust 9, 2013
I have not worked this company but I would like to write my review for Amex canada.
I applyed this company for a Japanese travel councelor job.
They want to have the people who is really flexible for shifts
included weekend. Also they follow the Japanese Calender it means even you have to work Canadian national holiday.(mightbe christmas too...) You – more... don't have to talk in English but you have to speak polite Japanese.(because their custmers are high status people). The job description is the same as Japanese Amex.

I just feel kind a weird thing that I got rejection emails twice.
I got the first rejection email the next day of interview and the second one was in week later.
I have never got the a rejection letter twice!
Anyway They hire people all year around. if you are interested Japanese society, you can try it. – less
A great place to work with room to advance.
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 18, 2013
Pros: work-life balance is important to this company and well supported.
Cons: some shift work, but they are quite flexible around trading with co-workers.
Amex is a great place to work, especially for the ambitious employee. They encourage growth from within and provide excellent support to those with ambition. It is very much a team atmosphere and it is a pleasure to come to work every day. The benefits are oustanding as well.
Empowered to develop employee motivational program
U.S. Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2013
I developed and implemented the "Be Real" Program. The program is several workshops and modules that empower employees at work.
One year Intern at American Express
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioJune 10, 2013
Amex Canada is definitely a fun and challenging place to work at. With the "open-door" policy, you are welcomed to chat with anyone in the company, at anytime of the day. That is, from CEO to VP to directors and managers, you are invited to share your thoughts and personal opinions freely here. The crews are a group of motivated financial experts and/or – more... technical experts and it's really beneficial working with them. The company also participated in a various social events and encourage its employees to do the same, such as big bike, the walk for breast cancer, and numerous other charity events. Sometimes after work entertainments are being held. Summerlicious, bowling, and dine out are all examples. – less
Enjoyed work
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: environment
Cons: nothing
Everyday I Built a connection with customers and proposed different products and services based on their account history to help minimize their monthly bill and protect their financial credit
Clarified financial charges, account details and benefits to customers
Presented excellent communication & interpersonal skills for exceptional customer care
Helped – more... company attain the highest customer service ratings
Officially commended for initiative, enthusiasm, persuasiveness, intense customer focus and dependability in performance evaluations. – less

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos