American Express Employee Reviews

Flexible working hours and great place to working for womens
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  DelhiApril 7, 2016
Effective Leadership , challenges are taken as opportunities
Integrity is a foundation for leadership
Communicates on continuous and connect the dots
Work Life Balance for working parents
Great work life balance
Credit Analyst/Authorization (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 7, 2016
Great benefits working for this company, management team very open and transparent. Lots of team functions, great benefits and pay.
company is very fair to its employees and remuneration is good. Very good company for employee's growthI had very good relationship with management an
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa and CalgaryFebruary 10, 2016
company is very fair to its employees and remuneration is good. Very good company for employee's growth had very good relationship with management and my peers.
Amex Canada
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Best company i have been able to be a part of!
Loved working there every day and the people were incredible.

I would recommend Amex Canada to everyone.
Collecting on Past due account
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 9, 2016
• Made profitable spending decisions based on risk assessment and card member profile
• Negotiated effectively with customers, discussed alternate payment arrangements and repayment plans for customers in financial difficulties
• Recommended cancellations, or suspended spending privileges where required, and communicated these actions to customers
Great work place surrounded by a park, eating out and taking walks was nice.
Collection Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 4, 2016
Met some great people while working there. The manager was great and understanding. The hardest part dealing with angry clients and finding ways to be assertive and provide great customer service. The workplace found ways to make the environment friendly, by playing games and once a month they would buy food for the whole floor as a thank you, for their great work efforts.
Pros
Friendly work environment.
Cons
Salary.
Good
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Have worked on different challenging tasks on regular basis. It was very good experience working with American Express and JP Morgan chase.
easy going place
customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2016
good employer, and awesome teammates. sales bonus is great! good management, and sometimes high call volume which is good for making sales and earning bonus more money in the bank.
Nice Place To WorkIn
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2015
Nice place to work in, good culture and environment, flexibility and policies. Agile framework. Employee benefits. Various groups.
no comment
Senior travel counselor Corporate travel (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 15, 2015
work from home , low employee morale , have meant some great people but now being forced to work weekends so work life balance is no longer present
Enjoyable place to work with an excellent manager who truly cared about the staff
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ONDecember 1, 2015
I consider this my best job position in all my career....American Express was a fantastic company to work for...the training was superior, the coworkers were very close knit and the management team were all excellent leaders. There was opportunities to develop and advance and it was a sad day when American Express decided to close down their vacation offices across Canada.
Pros
Great training and compensation package
Cons
Mall hours
An excellent global brand to be a part of
Corporate Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 13, 2015
Working in two different departments in two different cities, I can comfortable say, I've had the best of both worlds in terms of team and management. Working for corporate travel in Montreal and then premium travel in Brighton, both departments however different, were synonymous in work-life balance and fun culture to work under.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
rotational shifts
Focus on leadership and employee development
Vice President, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Focus on leadership and employee developmentNovember 10, 2015
Great firm to work for - good work-life balance. Ability to transition from one discipline to another. Employee development is a priority - good and fair review process and upward feedback
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bureaucratic - not invested deeply enough in innovation
Good entry level job
Small Business Solutions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2015
Great benefits, and good co workers; great place to start in the corporate world
cons: no work life balance, job can become redundant
Great Company to work for and made some good friends
Bank Branch Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Excellent LocationNovember 1, 2015
Overall American Express is a great Company to work for. Good benefits and fairly decent Salary. Job Security is not very stable.
Great Place to work
Relationship Care Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Great place to work over the past 15 years. My manager is also my mentor . He has provided guidance and constructive feedback which has allowed me to grow within the company. I have built long lasting relationships with co-workers both here in Canada and also while travelling internationally on a work assignment. I have to admit the most enjoyable part of the job are the people and I always strive to learn something new and welcome change . I view that as another challenge and a great accomplishment once my goal is achieved. Overall this company has allowed me to learn so much about myself and all that I can offer.
Excellent workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaOctober 6, 2015
Amex is an excellent organisation to work for. An ideal corporate that values its employees.

Flexible and employee centric
Pros
Flexible
Cons
N/A
Profit Center Knowledge
Senior Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 23, 2015
This role provided an excellent opportunity to learn more about the profit center of a business. Additionally, it allowed for an expansion of my network by allowing me to work with various different stakeholder teams. I have learned as much as can be offered by the role and would like to leverage my skills within a more strategy based role.
It wasn't what I expected
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Always overworked, salary very low, they always let go of staff after they compete 4 years then rehire within a week. Management is poor. Not much of appreciation between staff and management.
job relocated to India regardless their quality is not compatible to the local ones.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Unfortunately, most of the jobs in New Accounts Department are relocated to India regardless their quality is not compatible to the local ones.

4.2