American Express Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Place to work
Relationship Care Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Great place to work over the past 15 years. My manager is also my mentor . He has provided guidance and constructive feedback which has allowed me to grow within the company. I have built long lasting relationships with co-workers both here in Canada and also while travelling internationally on a work assignment. I have to admit the most enjoyable part of the job are the people and I always strive to learn something new and welcome change . I view that as another challenge and a great accomplishment once my goal is achieved. Overall this company has allowed me to learn so much about myself and all that I can offer.
American Express Summer Intern Program
Summer Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
Extremely educational
Well paced
Well structured
Lots of diverse opportunities
Learn about the business environment
Learn about the differnt fields necessary
Lots of seminars available
Overall amazing working environment
The company is walking backward
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
Company is more on budget / $ side and did not care much about the employees value. They rather contracting out to offshore without considering the quality of services. American Express of Canada will never be the same as in the old office of Markham.
An excellent Employer
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 7, 2015
American Express is one of the best employer I had in my career. Work is very challenging but rewarding. Management are fair and have a good program for the career advancement of their employee.
Flexible working hours and great place to working for womens
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  DelhiApril 7, 2016
Effective Leadership , challenges are taken as opportunities
Integrity is a foundation for leadership
Communicates on continuous and connect the dots
Work Life Balance for working parents
sales consultant
Senior Travel Councellor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 23, 2016
taking calls from corporate clients and arranging travel related services for them.
it was always a challanging job as most corporate travel needs were last minute and had to look at various contracts and details
Old location was huge and free parking was a bonus
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
Overall a pleasant place to work. People are generally friendly and the job is challenging enough. Plenty of opportunity to learn from different departments and gain leadership.
Upgrading servers and client machines
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
We were upgrading client machines and some servers, Deployed windows on the clients, we deployed windows 8. Some servers we had to upgrade from Server 2003 to 2008.
Good pay
CALL CENTRE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
okay to work for, wage is higher than most call centres. Training is a bit short for the amount of work needed. Must take good notes in training. Also training class too big to really absorb information.
great company to work for
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 4, 2016
excellent place to work, great work life balance. flexibility to work from home or office, amazing team members and great leadership
Amex Canada
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Best company i have been able to be a part of!
Loved working there every day and the people were incredible.

I would recommend Amex Canada to everyone.
Best place to work
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  markham onFebruary 26, 2015
Amazing place to work, great benefits package and good bonus plan, feel valued working here. good work life balance and ample vacation days with everythign done to the book. pay is good and the management are really good
Productive environment with great people
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 29, 2012
I truly enjoyed working for American Express. The work load is high, but if you love what you are doing this is the place to be. If you are in software development, you could do most of you work from home. They expect the staff to be in the office between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM. This gives a good work life balance. Once in a while you have to be on implementation calls over night.

The only drawback is their compensation rate and the job security. Their rate is very law and if they don’t have any task for you to do for 40 hours a week for few months, they will let you go. But most people have joined back later when they have the work load.

Overall, I love to work at this place, if income is not an issue.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
very low rate
Good
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Have worked on different challenging tasks on regular basis. It was very good experience working with American Express and JP Morgan chase.
I learned about customer intraction and support.
FINANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  MOHAN ESTATE INDUSTRIAL AREA, MATHURA ROAD, DELHIAugust 3, 2015
Very employee oriented company.
Secured work place for women.
Fun work place with supportive management.
Personally grow and development.
American Express
Service Professional American Express Concierge (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONJuly 31, 2012
I very much enjoyed the hard work that I put in with this, and in hopes for a career. Turn-Over was high, the training was great I have to admit, long and intence, but I am the type of person who wants to learn and exceed at everything I do. I was able to obtain many certifications and always strived to do better. Hardest part of the job, allot of people did not take it serious, when there was no management around it was like being back in high school. And allot of people did not want to be there.
Pros
30 days, full benefits
Cons
allot of tests to pass
Profit Center Knowledge
Senior Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 23, 2015
This role provided an excellent opportunity to learn more about the profit center of a business. Additionally, it allowed for an expansion of my network by allowing me to work with various different stakeholder teams. I have learned as much as can be offered by the role and would like to leverage my skills within a more strategy based role.
very friendly and busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioApril 5, 2015
typical day was always receiving or making calls.
I've learned to cancel and receive payments over the phone regarding customer accounts.
management was okay. Sometimes they were there to help and other times they were busy on the phone as well.
Co-workers were friendly and helpful when needed.
the hardest part of the job was calling customers 8am. Sometimes calling for small change like $1.00.
the most enjoyable part of the job was receiving payments and communicating with the customers.
Pros
hour lunches and long breaks
Cons
working till midnight
Great workplace
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 28, 2014
- A typical day at work?
(answer) Fun, loads of work, always changes within the company and a very great place to be everyday.

-What you learned?
(answer) Time management, being diplomatic, view all angles of a situation, think outside the box, how to deal with angry clients and always listen.

- Management?
(answer) Great people to have as leaders within the company, very motivational an always helps with the next step in your lateral move.

- Your co-workers?
(answer) It is like every company you work for, you have some co-workers that are easy going and some are not.

- The hardest part of the job?
(answer) The hardest part of the job is not getting frustrated with a belligerent customer.

- The most enjoyable part of the job?
(answer) The most enjoyable part, is helping people in a financial crisis.
Pros
great overall benefits, gym facility, great salary, fun environment and great management.
Excellent workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaOctober 6, 2015
Amex is an excellent organisation to work for. An ideal corporate that values its employees.

Flexible and employee centric
Pros
Flexible
Cons
N/A

4.2