American Express

2K reviews

American Express Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
company is very fair to its employees and remuneration is good. Very good company for employee's growthI had very good relationship with management an
Ambassador (Former Employee), Ottawa and CalgaryFebruary 10, 2016
company is very fair to its employees and remuneration is good. Very good company for employee's growth had very good relationship with management and my peers.
Collecting on Past due account
Collection Agent (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 9, 2016
• Made profitable spending decisions based on risk assessment and card member profile
• Negotiated effectively with customers, discussed alternate payment arrangements and repayment plans for customers in financial difficulties
• Recommended cancellations, or suspended spending privileges where required, and communicated these actions to customers
Great work place surrounded by a park, eating out and taking walks was nice.
Collection Consultant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Friendly work environment.
Cons: Salary.
Met some great people while working there. The manager was great and understanding. The hardest part dealing with angry clients and finding ways to be assertive and provide great customer service. The workplace found ways to make the environment friendly, by playing games and once a month they would buy food for the whole floor as a thank you, for their great work efforts.
Good
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Have worked on different challenging tasks on regular basis. It was very good experience working with American Express and JP Morgan chase.
Nice Place To WorkIn
QA Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2015
Nice place to work in, good culture and environment, flexibility and policies. Agile framework. Employee benefits. Various groups.
no comment
Senior travel counselor Corporate travel (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 15, 2015
work from home , low employee morale , have meant some great people but now being forced to work weekends so work life balance is no longer present
Enjoyable place to work with an excellent manager who truly cared about the staff
Travel Agent (Former Employee), Nepean, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Great training and compensation package
Cons: Mall hours
I consider this my best job position in all my career....American Express was a fantastic company to work for...the training was superior, the coworkers were very close knit and the management team were all excellent leaders. There was opportunities to develop and advance and it was a sad day when American Express decided to close down their vacation offices across Canada.
An excellent global brand to be a part of
Corporate Travel Counselor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 13, 2015
Pros: Travel benefits
Cons: rotational shifts
Working in two different departments in two different cities, I can comfortable say, I've had the best of both worlds in terms of team and management. Working for corporate travel in Montreal and then premium travel in Brighton, both departments however different, were synonymous in work-life balance and fun culture to work under.
Focus on leadership and employee development
Vice President, Marketing (Former Employee), Focus on leadership and employee developmentNovember 10, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Bureaucratic - not invested deeply enough in innovation
Great firm to work for - good work-life balance. Ability to transition from one discipline to another. Employee development is a priority - good and fair review process and upward feedback
Good entry level job
Small Business Solutions (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2015
Great benefits, and good co workers; great place to start in the corporate world
cons: no work life balance, job can become redundant
Great Company to work for and made some good friends
Bank Branch Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Excellent LocationNovember 1, 2015
Overall American Express is a great Company to work for. Good benefits and fairly decent Salary. Job Security is not very stable.
Great Place to work
Relationship Care Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Great place to work over the past 15 years. My manager is also my mentor . He has provided guidance and constructive feedback which has allowed me to grow within the company. I have built long lasting relationships with co-workers both here in Canada and also while travelling internationally on a work assignment. I have to admit the most enjoyable part of the job are the people and I always strive to learn something new and welcome change . I view that as another challenge and a great accomplishment once my goal is achieved. Overall this company has allowed me to learn so much about myself and all that I can offer.
Excellent workplace
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, CanadaOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: N/A
Amex is an excellent organisation to work for. An ideal corporate that values its employees.

Flexible and employee centric
Profit Center Knowledge
Senior Marketing Analyst (Current Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 23, 2015
This role provided an excellent opportunity to learn more about the profit center of a business. Additionally, it allowed for an expansion of my network by allowing me to work with various different stakeholder teams. I have learned as much as can be offered by the role and would like to leverage my skills within a more strategy based role.
It wasn't what I expected
Travel Agent (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Always overworked, salary very low, they always let go of staff after they compete 4 years then rehire within a week. Management is poor. Not much of appreciation between staff and management.
job relocated to India regardless their quality is not compatible to the local ones.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Unfortunately, most of the jobs in New Accounts Department are relocated to India regardless their quality is not compatible to the local ones.
Fun workplace
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
The best place to work at, benefits, compensation & equality at work with diverse culture, working is fun & has a lot of considerations for their employees.
It was not the job for me
Corporate Travel Agent/Ticketing Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver BCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: very impersonable
I would come in and answer calls all day long and book travel. It was not a personable job, and I did not like that we could not work on building relationships with clients.
Sales job with lots of independence and responsibility
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa AirportJuly 20, 2015
A typical day at work is using sales tactics to stop people in the Ottawa airport and convince them to use American Express cards. I learned how to talk and deal with many different kinds of people. Management was constantly monitoring our sales and checking to see everything was running smoothly each week. The co-workers were nice people and were team players, which is great for everyone. The hardest part of the job was stopping people in the airport since a low amount of people dislike being confronted by strangers. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to people and the amount of freedom with the job. I love meeting and talking to new people, which allowed the job to be fun.
4 overall rating out of 5
Senior IT Manager/Program Manager (Current Employee), Markham, ONMay 4, 2015
good place to work, culture is moving to an agile development style. Brand new state of the art building with on-site Tim Horton's and has a great gym with a pool
Headquarters