American Express Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable place to work with an excellent manager who truly cared about the staff
Travel Agent (Former Employee), Nepean, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Great training and compensation package
Cons: Mall hours
I consider this my best job position in all my career....American Express was a fantastic company to work for...the training was superior, the coworkers were very close knit and the management team were all excellent leaders. There was opportunities to develop and advance and it was a sad day when American Express decided to close down their vacation offices across Canada.
An excellent global brand to be a part of
Corporate Travel Counselor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 13, 2015
Pros: Travel benefits
Cons: rotational shifts
Working in two different departments in two different cities, I can comfortable say, I've had the best of both worlds in terms of team and management. Working for corporate travel in Montreal and then premium travel in Brighton, both departments however different, were synonymous in work-life balance and fun culture to work under.
Great work life balance
Credit Analyst/Authorization (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 7, 2016
Great benefits working for this company, management team very open and transparent. Lots of team functions, great benefits and pay.
Focus on leadership and employee development
Vice President, Marketing (Former Employee), Focus on leadership and employee developmentNovember 10, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Bureaucratic - not invested deeply enough in innovation
Great firm to work for - good work-life balance. Ability to transition from one discipline to another. Employee development is a priority - good and fair review process and upward feedback
Great work place surrounded by a park, eating out and taking walks was nice.
Collection Consultant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Friendly work environment.
Cons: Salary.
Met some great people while working there. The manager was great and understanding. The hardest part dealing with angry clients and finding ways to be assertive and provide great customer service. The workplace found ways to make the environment friendly, by playing games and once a month they would buy food for the whole floor as a thank you, for their great work efforts.
Nice Place To WorkIn
QA Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2015
Nice place to work in, good culture and environment, flexibility and policies. Agile framework. Employee benefits. Various groups.
Great Company to work for and made some good friends
Bank Branch Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Excellent LocationNovember 1, 2015
Overall American Express is a great Company to work for. Good benefits and fairly decent Salary. Job Security is not very stable.
Good entry level job
Small Business Solutions (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2015
Great benefits, and good co workers; great place to start in the corporate world
cons: no work life balance, job can become redundant
company is very fair to its employees and remuneration is good. Very good company for employee's growthI had very good relationship with management an
Ambassador (Former Employee), Ottawa and CalgaryFebruary 10, 2016
company is very fair to its employees and remuneration is good. Very good company for employee's growth had very good relationship with management and my peers.
It wasn't what I expected
Travel Agent (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Always overworked, salary very low, they always let go of staff after they compete 4 years then rehire within a week. Management is poor. Not much of appreciation between staff and management.
good place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), markhamMay 3, 2015
Pros: close to home, fairly good salary and benefits, schedule fits with work life balance
Cons: sometimes difficult to get a good schedule
Talk to about 100 cardmembers a day and resolving the issues brought up or providing information required. Good rapport with co workers and supervisors and a happy place to work in.Always keep in mind the requirements of the company, this will help to keep on top of things. Hardest part is dealing with customers whose issue cannot be resolved due to the companys policies or procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job is once you leave for the day you do not have to carry home any work with you
Sales job with lots of independence and responsibility
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa AirportJuly 20, 2015
A typical day at work is using sales tactics to stop people in the Ottawa airport and convince them to use American Express cards. I learned how to talk and deal with many different kinds of people. Management was constantly monitoring our sales and checking to see everything was running smoothly each week. The co-workers were nice people and were team players, which is great for everyone. The hardest part of the job was stopping people in the airport since a low amount of people dislike being confronted by strangers. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to people and the amount of freedom with the job. I love meeting and talking to new people, which allowed the job to be fun.
Fun workplace
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
The best place to work at, benefits, compensation & equality at work with diverse culture, working is fun & has a lot of considerations for their employees.
no comment
Senior travel counselor Corporate travel (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 15, 2015
work from home , low employee morale , have meant some great people but now being forced to work weekends so work life balance is no longer present
Great Place to work
Relationship Care Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Great place to work over the past 15 years. My manager is also my mentor . He has provided guidance and constructive feedback which has allowed me to grow within the company. I have built long lasting relationships with co-workers both here in Canada and also while travelling internationally on a work assignment. I have to admit the most enjoyable part of the job are the people and I always strive to learn something new and welcome change . I view that as another challenge and a great accomplishment once my goal is achieved. Overall this company has allowed me to learn so much about myself and all that I can offer.
Productive, challenging and friendly work atmosphere
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Markham, ONApril 29, 2016
Pros: Frequent lunch and learn ecxperiences
Safe and productive work place environment. Flexible work hours with excellent benefits and commission. Respectful and considerate management and coworkers. Most enjoyable part of the workday day was achieving targets and highest sales in a competitive friendly atmosphere.
Collecting on Past due account
Collection Agent (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 9, 2016
• Made profitable spending decisions based on risk assessment and card member profile
• Negotiated effectively with customers, discussed alternate payment arrangements and repayment plans for customers in financial difficulties
• Recommended cancellations, or suspended spending privileges where required, and communicated these actions to customers
Productive and fun environment with a terrific fitness center. Great benefits and supportive management. I enjoyed my position very much
Customer Service/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
Pros: great working environment
Cons: split shifts
American Express Summer Intern Program
Summer Contract Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
Extremely educational
Well paced
Well structured
Lots of diverse opportunities
Learn about the business environment
Learn about the differnt fields necessary
Lots of seminars available
Overall amazing working environment
Flexible working hours and great place to working for womens
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), DelhiApril 7, 2016
Effective Leadership , challenges are taken as opportunities
Integrity is a foundation for leadership
Communicates on continuous and connect the dots
Work Life Balance for working parents