American Express Employee Review

View all American Express reviews

Fun and challenging place to work with great co-workers.
Relationship Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON25 September 2013
I would start my day at 4:30pm and immediately begin taking calls. I would adhere to my scheduled breaks and end the day at 1:00am. The calls I would service are incoming calls from American Express card holders that reside in the United States of America. I have an extensive knowledge of credit card laws, both in the U.S.A. and in Canada, and I use this knowledge to ensure I provide accurate information to the card members that call for assistance. I have learnt a lot from this position and have been able to use it within the company and provide fellow Customer Care Professionals with accurate information with my time spent assisting our Supervisor Team. During this time, I would log in and be there primarily to assist other Professionals if they needed the assistance, and I would also take escalated calls. I appreciated that this job has challenges, some times different challenges every day. Every situation is different and they can not all be handled the same way, which is why I had to use my previous and newly learnt knowledge, and utilize the resources available to me, to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of information.

Other American Express Employee Reviews

Wonderful and High class work place
PLATINUM CONCIERGE (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 November 2017
Working at American express was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Everyone who works their is extremely amazing and friendly. The management team is wonderful and never fails to provide support when needed.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Good management and employee benefits
Jr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2017
the organization's internal management is very organized which help employees to work in a very organized way to complete the projects therefore there are less chances of project conflicts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2