American Express Employee Reviews

Nice Workplace with amazing enviroment
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Delhi28 September 2017
i love working with the current organization because I get something new to learn everyday.
My peers and seniors are very supportive and they help me enhance my skills by giving me challenges.
Review
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 September 2017
Energy is always high, incentives are hot and the team is ready. With team effort we glide through sales, hitting our targets, both personal and team goals.
an awesome company to work for with very high expectations
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC worked from home19 September 2017
American Express was a wonderful company to work directly for. You had to be very strong at ensuring that you could work on your own with very little directions. Working from home and managing16 direct reports was very challenging as they lived all over the United States and came from many different backgrounds.
I always felt supported by my Manager and was given the freedom to run my team as I saw fit.
The schedule was a bit more flexible which made it easier when you have a family.
I will always say that they were a wonderful company and gave me many opportunities throughout my career with them.
Pros
scheduling flexibility, great pay and benefits.
Cons
High expectation of hitting goals ( sales, time management, quality and customer surveys)
Globally Connected
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
You will have the option to collaborate with teams across the globe. There may be a situation where your immediate supervisor is located 10000 km away and doing One/One over phone.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Be flexible in the time zones
Great Flex work hours
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
Employee survey taken seriously and will be actioned upon. A lot of processes to follow which sometimes may hinder the speed in delivering a project.
Pros
Flex hours and work from home
Cons
None that I can think of
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 August 2017
Helping out with other departments due to lack of work in our department. Cross-training learning something new everyday. Enjoy data entry and leading a helping head to develop departments.
Cons
Lack of work in department need to always be busy
Work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
WFH is a definite plus
Culture is amazing, facilities modern and mgmt caters to employee concerns
Great people
So many changes due to constant restructuring
Pros
Wfh
Cons
Funding, billability
Customer Care Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North York, ON4 August 2017
People at America Express are the main reason why I worked there for such a long time.
Work life balance is one of the main reasons why I would look for work elsewhere.
Great work life balance
Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
Excellent company to grow your career, Amex is devoted to internal movement and progression. Large global company, must be able to work with multiple groups in multiple locations.

Excellent people to work with and grow with.
One of the best places to work and grow your professional carrier.
Technical Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2017
Work at American Express is always occupied, however we will improve our learning abilities, knowledge on the application, communication across all stakeholders and work ethics between the employees.

Work culture is good, there is no domination, instead a friendly culture with people always giving helping hand. Management is good too who tries to guide and support during critical situations.

Because we work in a critical application, the work is not easy as we have to support 24/7 which is tough though.
Pros
Good Work Ethics, World class Infrastructure, Food safety measures, Well versed Management
Cons
Typical application with 24/7 availability and support
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2017
Great training and updated courses to meet the ever changing environment in technology. Flexible and excellent benefits. Great salary and room for advancement
Pros
overtime hours
okay to work
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
I worked as a full time bilingual customer professional. I started as a sale agent, then went into training new hires after that my last position was high value bilingual ccp.
Very rewarding. Free gym and wellness classes.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Great place to work for. Approachable management. Eight weeks of training. Beautiful facility with Solarium, restaurants and a deck. Comfortable and private booths. The seniority employees were available on the phone to assist with any challenging questions or situations during a normal day at work. Great benefits, and rewarding compensation.
Pros
Great comission
Cons
Late shifts. Outside of the town
not very promising
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
amex is not very promising due to layoffs and uncertainty in working environment. influnced a lot by its main office in USA. working hours are not very flexible
Great company
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
Very large organization which sometimes can be tough to navigate through. Other than that the people were great, the culture was fantastic and everyone enjoyed coming to work
Fun and Challenging
Manager, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Amex Canada is overall a nice place to work.Being in sales always has its own challenges. However, I've had great time at Amex. Life and work balance is great. There are growth opportunities as well.
American express
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 July 2017
The company really values all their employees and provide the number one training in the industry to make sure their equipped with the tools and leaning abilities to assist all customers.
Pros
benefits and training
Cons
nightshift
Wonderful experience working with american express trs]
SENIOR EXECUTIVE IMPLANT (Former Employee) –  COLGATE PALMOLIVE AND MCKINSEY CORPORATE OFFICE6 July 2017
It was wonderful working with American express , excellent work environment with job security and management .Very good work culture and staff .From the corporate end too they were very much satisfied and secure that they are working with a known brand which is global .
Good overall
Quality control agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 June 2017
I lasted 30 years with great people. Its a lifetime experience. I enjoyed living the changes and turnovers in the company. I Would have continued for many more years.
Pros
Nice deals for travelling
Excellent place to work
Administrative assistance, Accounting, Data entry (Former Employee) –  Toeonto24 June 2017
I have worked with American Express in United Kingdom for couple of years and over fifteen years in Toronto,Canada. For me the whole mind set was my job and the whole setup is super.
Pros
world wide company
Cons
need experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2