American Eagle

American Eagle Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very high energetic job
LEAD MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: working with various customers
Cons: rotating schedules
A typical day will always involve a diverse of customers and various tasks. I have learned all I could possibly can about customers service and also many way of directing co-workers and priorities task.
All of my co-workers bring something different to the table and its always exciting to work and collaborate on the daily basis. I really don't consider nothing to be hard about this job, but the most enjoyable is dealing with the many customers that walk through our doors.
Offered Job,
Gate Agent (Former Employee), DFW Airport, TxJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: weather
I left American Eagle to go to management with WFS at American Airlines.
different but nice place to work
Sales Associate / Stocker (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 15, 2015
i never knew saling and installing phones could be so fun co workers are nice
Mangement was not a good place/hostile
Security Superviosr (Former Employee), Hazleton DCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: working with ops team
Cons: long hours/no credit for events/ 1000 badges made and no kuddos
DC-Hazleton
Worked there for over a year and the Security Department was not a good place to work for. The Management was horrible and the Senior MNGR was very arrogant and cockey. He had no leadership skill or qualities. He would never go to bat for his employees. He was bi-polar and never gave credit where credit was due. One Supervisor per 3 shifts ( Not Good)

The Maint Department at Hazleton DC has a great team. The crew was outstanding besides the Manangers. Very Rude to other team members.

Ops Team was outstanding and I would def recommend them.

The Security Department was terrible and I wouldn't tell anyone to work for AE. Live your life and love your job? Change your slogan please.
Very efficient
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Juan, Puerto RicoJanuary 14, 2015
I was a basic retail associate, I was expected to come in on time, follow whatever schedule had been sent from corporate and be as profitable as possible.

The hardest part of this job was being measured as an employee simply in dollars and cents, and not being able to sell creatively because of the pre-set standards. The most enjoyable part was meeting a lot of wonderful talented people working side by side
good job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: hours
i liked working at AE and I would recommend to any teenager whose looking for something part time
Very fun place to work, very helpful in developing social skills and sales experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Deer Park, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere, not a lot of pressure placed on any one person. easy job.
Cons: short breaks, not a lot of hours
Working at American Eagle was very fun. I rarely felt like a was actually working. The most I did as a sales associate was cleaning up my area and help guests find what they need. When you're talking and helping people you have a lot of fun and you have other people that can help you out. Management is very friendly and they're close with a lot of their employees. I liked helping people get exactly what they needed and recommend things for them. Selling more items may not get you any bonuses or anything like that, but the management does indeed notice. Shifts are short and the time flies by almost like i walk right in and out.
It was an okay Job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: mean managers
folded jeans all day.

how to fold jeans

management was okay

coworkers were okay

there is no hard part of the job

leaving work
American Eagle
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Has taught me a lot about merchandising and expertise on stock. They are very driven on meeting a daily goal which I believe is very helpful for employees. We must all try to meet a criteria and better our skills. I think this Job gave me something I can carry with me in any work place.
Fun workplace with good managment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at work started off by observing the sale goals for the day and understanding my goals as well. I reflected customer service when working on the sales floor, and had great knowledge of the cash register when working as a cashier.

Learning how to deal with difficult customers was a large accomplishment at this job.
Good Experience and friendly work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate/Floor-set Associate (Current Employee), Robinson Township, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: decent break times are applied, varying on hours worked that day.
Cons: usually only part time employment, fewer shifts given in slower months, and health coverage is difficult to come by unless averaging 30+ a week regularly
Shifts generally run 4.5 hours to about 7 hours. Weekly hours vary on sales of the year before, the last week's sales, the estimation of possible sales for each day of the next scheduled week, and sales associates over all performance.

On occasion, seasonal changes and shifts require longer shifts; for example:
A floor-set shift tends to be a 9 hour shift over two-three over nights. A Black Friday shift maybe 12 hours in length depends on the start of an associates start time. While the hours can be long for these events, brakes are provided and the shifts can be fun if there is good chemistry with the other associates.

The overall atmosphere in the store is generally friendly, comfortable, and welcoming. Coworkers tend to be good natured, accepting, and helpful.

At times the job can be trying. There are occasions when ringing up customer one can find the customer unpleasant, and sometimes despite best efforts unable to appease the customer. Other times the long shifts can be a little overwhelming when the store is busy and there are many customers that need assistance at once.

However, in these situations I've found my coworkers and managers to be a good source of help, stress relief, and willing listener to hear what problems one might be experience. In these cases my coworkers often provide good ways to solve those problems, to ease the situation, and to make the passing of the day less stressful.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
Store Associate (Current Employee), Middletown, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Hands on training and the people are just great! The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employees really are there to help people find jobs in their own way. Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed.
great expierence for a first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJanuary 12, 2015
While working at American Eagle I made lots of life friends with the girls there. I learned a lot of customer skills and selling skills and I overall loved it very much. The management was great, and co workers were more than I could ask for. The hardest part of the job was the Black Friday holiday, it would get crazy. And the most enjoyable was the fact that I was always working with friends, it was such a welcoming group of people that you couldn't dislike working there.
Fun, fast environment
Stock Worker, Cashier, Sales (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 12, 2015
The job is a blast. There was no room for advancement, even after working there for two years. Pay seemed like less than the job was worth.
Productive and Fun Workplace
SALES MERCHANDISE LEAD (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 11, 2015
Wonderful team to work with
Customer service driven
Awesome Management Team
Sales Associate American Eagle
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2015
I love fashion and AE is one of my favorites stores. I worked in the Galleria the first two years were pretty good the store was well managed but then it fell into new management and our stock room was a mess! Floor sets use to be fun and then with the new management they became dreadful! Co-workers and managers were easy to get along with, pay was okay but the discount was amazing!
A good start
Stock Team Member (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: no room for growth
I really love my job here, it is a fun and fast paced environment with a diverse variety of individuals to be around. For the most part managers will work with you to insure you understand your daily tasks and coworkers wil assist you whenever possible.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Worked with incredible leaders in the retail industry at this company.
The environment was decent, nice people working along side with me, management was alright.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edison, NJJanuary 7, 2015
Seasonal Sales Associate- Basically I came in, confronted the manager and asked what was I going to be doing for the day shift or night shift (depending on my schedule), and basically maintaining the station. It was a lot of customer service based. Much cleaning, folding, etc. Many of the co-workers that I met were nice, some of them were shady and distant with me. The hardest part of the job was during the holidays where everything was a mess, but the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to engage with customers and be very helpful directing them to the right sections. I am a people person and I constantly need to be working with sociable people who are passionate about helping people just like me.
Friendly workplace with the opportunity to please so many customers.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Pottstown, PAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: not fulltime, no benefits
A typical day at work is coming in an watching videos on any new promotions and then jumping right on my station. I was considered a floater because I was able to do all positions. I would either do register, work on the floor straitening clothes and helping customers, or help the stock team with doing the shipment and stocking the store. All of the managers and my co-workers are very friendly and make work a fun place. The hardest part of the job is getting to know customers in a very short period of time to be able to understand what they like to point them in the right direction of style. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting so many new people and feeling good about myself when seeing how well they look in an outfit I helped pick out and making the customers happy.

About American Eagle

American Eagle Outfitters, INC. is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality on-trend clothing, accessories and – Read more