American Eagle

American Eagle Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Fun Job
Sales/Cashier Leader (Former Employee), Roseville, CAOctober 3, 2014
If you are a peoples person this is a job for you its fun you work as a team and there very good on giving you breaks on time.
Fun, young and creative company.
Creative Lead (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 2, 2014
Fun, young and creative company. Difficult to advance when working in the Lab Store in the Corporate office.
good experiance
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Helping the customer find outfits as well as finalizing the sales.
Productive and fun place to work
Aerie Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: non bonus
We always started our days off with meetings and expectations of week
it takes a lot
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTSeptember 29, 2014
if you are going to be a manager at this store or at any, you need to be prepared to commit to it 24/7. it takes a lot to run a store and to make sure that you meet your numbers everyday.
Best place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sandusky, OHSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: 50% off merchandise
Cons: working on black friday and minimum wage pay
I loved working at American eagle! great employees and great managers I needed a higher paying job so I could afford college.
LOW PAY BUT GOOD WORK PLACE
AUDITOR (Former Employee), HOMESeptember 29, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: travel
AUDIT FUEL, INTERNAL & REPAIR STATION

GOOD PLACE TO WORK

TRAVEL
productive, fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: 10 min breaks when a little tired
Cons: short breaks
i would come into work clock in go to my post make sure my station is clean and never leave a customer unseen.
i learned how to properly fold jeans and shirts men/womens. i also learned more about the retail work and how to b more social.
my co-workers were fun and very nice people. when ever i need help they assisted me with it.
the hardest part of – more... the job was listening to what everybody had to say on the walkies talking and listen to customers at the same time. the most enjoyable part of this job was working with my co-workers and meeting different customers and hearing there story – less
Live Your Life, Love Your Job.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), MASeptember 26, 2014
American Eagle has a mantra for its employees, and it is "Live Your Live, Love Your Job." The work environments are fun and energetic, and conducive of productivity. The company strives to put every customer first, which is one of the best things about American Eagle - they treat their customers extremely well. Either through customer service, store – more... promotions, loyalty programs, etc., American Eagle has an edge that other retailers do not. – less
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), Moline, ILSeptember 25, 2014
as manager you are incharge of all the hiring and training of the employees.
Fun employees with a heavy focus on sales
Denim Expert & Store Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, Ca & Arcadia, CaSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: 40% discount on clothing
Cons: holiday hours and customers
This was a fun job that focused on our selling abilities to add on items with a customers purchase. All of the employees worked as a team based on each others specialties.
awesome frist job!
Retail/Sales Person (Former Employee), Scranton, PASeptember 23, 2014
Working at american eagle, helped me to gain some management experience! Still love this place today!
American Eagle Outfitters Warehouse
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Cranberry, PASeptember 20, 2014
During this job I was unloading American Eagle outfits and sending them on a conveyer belt to meet its destination. Was in a warehouse environment. Was good , a job that I loved to do.
Enjoyable environment, great company, good people
Supply Chain Associate (Former Employee), Warrendale, PASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: lots of little company perks, great people, great environment
Cons: warehouse environment, no windows!
I did a variety of jobs while at American Eagle, but my last years were spent in the logistics department handling freight payment. I learned a number of things pertaining to retail and shipping, quality assurance, and freight payment.

This company was the best I have ever worked for and I was very upset when I had to leave due to my own personal situation – more... with the birth of my daughter. I loved nearly every aspect of this company and everyone I worked with and for. American Eagle, I felt, was a very "people-friendly" company. They treated their employees very well, and it was a fun environment for the most part.

The most difficult part of this job for me was learning the freight payment position that I sort of "fell" in to. It had been vacant for quite some time, and there were piles and piles of freight bills that needed addressed. I had to learn a lot, mostly on my own, as I had very little training.

Most enjoyable part of this job was the interaction with my co-workers and also the reps from the trucking companies and all the payment reps I communicated with at the freight companies. I worked with many wonderful people and had a wonderful relationship with most everyone I dealt with. – less
Best Denim in American
Store Manager (Former Employee), Traverse City, MISeptember 19, 2014
Pros: constant learning through "aetv" for all employees stream lined from corporate.
Cons: face to face communication within district as well as region has gone down
American Eagle is really trying to drive the movement of "real" marketing. Starting with the Aerie brand and now all of AEO, American Eagle is doing their part to teach how "I'm perfect" is because we are imperfect.

Any other information is confidentional and can be discussed on a by topic basis.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Mableton, GASeptember 18, 2014
loved working with amazing people very respectful environment .
okay workplace
Sales (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 18, 2014
its alright...different cultures. good customer service, friendly cliental.
Great employee discount that you are able to share with family and friends
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnsville, MNSeptember 17, 2014
Cons: there are no cons
The environment, co-workers and the managers are amazing. They're understanding and help you when you need it most. If you are a good worker then they give you the respect a good worker should receive.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 17, 2014
Meeting customer's needs
Customer is always first
Some pressure
Meeting people from all over the world was amazing
Developing a sense of fashion
Lead Stock Associate (Former Employee), Lombard, ILSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: fun team of coworkers, flexible schedule
Cons: standardized stock organization
American Eagle Outfitters was the most fun I had while working a job. Receiving and processing stock enabled me to develop my organization skills and fine-tune my time management. Working only part time, the stock room would fall into chaos in the hands of sales associates and it was important to not only bring in new merchandise but keep the current – more... stock organized as well.

The management team I worked with was phenomenal. They were very flexible when it came to balancing work, social life and school. – less

About American Eagle

The frozen assets of other companies mean big business for Frozen Food Express Industries, one of the largest temperature-controlled – Read more