1,110 reviews

American Eagle Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winchester, VAAugust 27, 2014
A typical day would involve us as associates to interact with the general public in helping them find there needs and wants along with answering any distinctive questions that applied to the job. I learned great people skills along with what it took to run a corporation like American Eagle. My co-workers were extremely friendly and helpful. I wouldn't – more... say there was a particular harder part than another at American Eagle, it seemed to space itself out quite well when it came to the workload. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the public and being able to provide them with a reliable service. – less
Cool place, fun energy
Sales associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 25, 2014
When hired I had no idea it would only be for a temp position but I do love meeting new people and I enjoy the energry.
Live Your Life
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Meridian, MSAugust 25, 2014
Pros: constant exposure to bigger picture, upper management offers constructive criticism
Cons: floorsets-company should review different scenarios for different tier stores.
The company strives for excellence and does its best to make sure the work environment is fair and fun. I enjoyed the atmosphere of every manager is a manager. From Assistant to Sales Lead you were given keys with the mindset that you could make logical business decisions.
The great work environment of American Eagle
Sales Associate (Current Employee), concord, NHAugust 24, 2014
This employer is great for someone who is in college and/or has other obligations. It is a fun and upbeat sales environment with associates' who function well as a team. Management is very flexible as well as understanding in many situations. The hardest part of the job would have to be selling credit cards, this being because many people hate credit – more... cards. I enjoy helping every customer I can with their given selections. I have learned many functions in this job such as cashier, sales, product placement, presentation, and customer service. – less
Goal-oriented and enjoyable customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 22, 2014
Cons: schedules are released one day before the work week starts
A typical day at work consists of greeting, assisting, and outfitting customers, cash handling as customers are rung up, opening credit, and promoting company loyalty via member's cards and acquiring email addresses. Occasionally, I am asked to replenish the product on the floor, re-merchandise products, and dress bust forms.

From working at American – more... Eagle Outfitters I've learned to be adaptable with customers since different types of people prefer different types of assistance. I've also learned more about the numbers side of retail such as the importance of conversion, average dollar sale, and units per transaction.

Management, for the most part, is friendly and effective. I highly value the effective communication, trust, and positivity in the management at American Eagle.

As of now, most of my co-workers are ages 17-23. Being close in age with my co-workers makes it easy for me to communicate and work with them. As one of the older team members at American Eagle outside of management, many of my co-workers consult me for on-the-spot problem solving.

The most difficult part of my job is opening credit with new customers. Though my credit application to transaction ratio is consistent, persuading customers to open credit can be tough at times.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers. I truly believe that since we are close in age, we're able to become friends. At that point, it's much easier to work together with customers as needed, pass customers off to each other in certain zones, and ask favors of each other during work. – less
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 21, 2014
A company that is very well established but looks at its workers as replaceable, they use what they can get out of you and then move on to the next.
Under payed
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Wellington, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: discount on clothing
Cons: poor pay
great atmosphere for anyone that is young and lives at home. Paychecks where small due to employer had lack of hours to give.
really relaxing and outgoing.
Customer Sa (Former Employee), Westland, MIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: the work environment was peaceful and outgoing
Cons: limited hours and too much staff
1. Typical day at work- Very relaxing and peaceful. I would just go into work take a couple surveys then get ready for the floor and get to work where I would fold clothes and greet customers.

2. What I leraned- I lesrned how to fold clothes properly and how to greet and lure customers into the store, explaining about what our sales were and what would – more... catch their attention.

3. Managment- They were great! Fun and Down to earth but at the time they knew how to be serious at the same time. Communication with them was great they would always tell us what we could do better and what we are going well on giving strengths and weakness and working with us and coming up with soltuions to the sales numbers.

4. My co-workers really did amaze me. They were super friendly and always positive and I've never have seen such a work environment where everyone was so friendly and working together.

5. The hardest part of the job was folding the t-shirts because they had to be exact and percise with no creases and the lettering had to be facing a certain way.

6. The most enjoyable part of the was just how outgoing and freely it was. Working with cool people and jamming out to music all day made work so much more fun and enjoyable. – less
Good place
Executive Ground Services/Envoy Air (Former Employee), Miami,FLAugust 19, 2014
- Help customers with luggage.

- I learned the value of hard work.

-Great co-workers

-Management was not good but showed favoritism in my opinion.
fun and productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), South Miami, FLAugust 18, 2014
the work staff was more like a family, they offer great pay and benefits
Ehhhh
Retail Salesperson, Cashier, and Stock (Former Employee), Trussville, ALAugust 18, 2014
Management just makes you feel like they are better than you. you wont get many hours, it is fun if you work with friends but it is still work. there really is not a whole lot to do, fix the jean wall and clean out the dressing rooms.
overall good company and benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAAugust 18, 2014
Ive learned a lot in the last 10 years. It is a great place to learn. The work life balance is really not there. It is definitely all about business.
Amazing place to work for.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLAugust 17, 2014
Very good environment to work in, great company to work for.
leadership as well as daily goals each day
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Farmington, CTAugust 16, 2014
I would enjoy going to work at American Eagle. They provided each worker with a summary of goals needed to be met each day as well as daily morning meetings. I loved to meet the goals and always gave it my all to the company. I appreciated my managers because they took the time to train us properly and answered any questions I had.
Perfect High School Job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Smithfield, RIAugust 16, 2014
While most teenagers work in restaurants, I was fortunate enough to work at my favorite clothing store! Not only was it super fun but I was also able to learn a lot about customer service and business policies. I also believe that every teenager should have the experience of working in retail because whenever I go into another store, I am always respectful – more... of displays and try to put things back exactly how I got them because I know it takes a lot of work to keep the store clean. – less
High Energy and High Traffic Workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Michigan City, INAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great discounts and perks
Cons: overwhelming, bad work hours
The work environment in American Eagle is very fast paced and full of energy. It is a very popular place to shop for all types of individuals. Although it can be an exciting place to be and can have an awesome staff to work with. The expectations of the company are unrealistic. For a management staff of 4, the company requires too much to be done in – more... too little of time. I used to think it was just our location, but found out that all AE factory stores have the same issue. – less
Good environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: some of the management
Fun to work at American Eagle but not enjoyable when busy. I loved some of my managers but the other ones were not enjoyable to work for.
FUN PLACE
Stock Room Lead (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 15, 2014
Good place for experience. Always room for growth in the company.
Very productive atmoshpere
Customer Service/Retail (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 14, 2014
Very vivacious place to work! You have to be able to grasp onto new concepts very quickly! Many cultures and personalities due to the location.
Great Working Environment
Merchandising Lead (Current Employee), Cheektowaga, NYAugust 12, 2014
Working at American Eagle was a great opportunity for me to learn about merchandising. My managers all wanted to help me learn and accomplish my goals.

A typical day as a merchandising lead included filling the floor and analyzing merchandising reports to see what is selling and what is not. I also delegate overnight shifts where we make display and – more... visual changes to the store.

I have not found a co-worker at American Eagle that I did not like working with. Everyone is very supportive and willing to help each other. Working as a team is the key to a successful work environment and that is what we have at our store. – less

About American Eagle

The frozen assets of other companies mean big business for Frozen Food Express Industries, one of the largest temperature-controlled – Read more