American Eagle
1,287 reviews

American Eagle Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Clothing, And Team Players.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bayshore, ONAugust 11, 2012
Pros: team environment
Cons: standing for long hours.
I liked American Eagle, because the employes that worked there were very friendly when you are new and they help you out the best they can. The managers are very nice and like to communicate with there employees the best they can.
Everyday was busy and fun
Sales Assoc (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCAugust 1, 2012
Pros: coworkers were great
Cons: contract ended
Dealing with clothes for the first time was good experience for me. Helping customers with fashion advice as well.
Working among friends
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 27, 2012
For the time that I spent working at American Eagle Outfitters, I had a great time learning more about the clothing industry and performing sales representative tasks. From this unique experience, I have learned how to promote sales, communicate better, and interact with many customers and co-workers. I enjoyed this work experience thoroughly because it allowed me to develop my interpersonal skills and provided me with great insight on the clothing industry and how the mechanisms of retail work.
It is a fun workplace where you can enjoy talking to customers and selling your company's product to them.
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2012
Pros: it is not a commission based style of selling, co-workers are friendly, customer-friendly environment
Cons: part time hours, inconsistent management team
Weekends are always busy since it is a retail store in a popular shopping mall.
The experience working in the store helped me enhance my customer service skills like communicating to other people and make them purchase our products.
Management was inconsistent because the company kept changing our managers.
A little work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 14, 2012
Typical day at work, the leadership was not intact with their employees.
Sales Associate
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Catharines, ONMay 13, 2012
Pros: discount on clothing
Cons: short hours/no hours
This job did not last long because of the large amount of staff and seasonal position. It was my first retail experience, and provided me with further customer service experience. It was a teamwork environment. My responsibilities included greeting every customer, insuring everyone was looked after. I was required to drive sales, and verbally advertise promotions. Restocking hangers and shelves was another responsibility, as well as helping customers find the right styles they were looking for. At the end of the night, clothing must be refolded and displays must be perfect.
Great place to work in a relaxing feel
Sales Leader & Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2012
Pros: great staff to work with
Cons: long clean ups at closing
A typical day at work, is easy going. Customers walk in, always greeted at the sign at the door. It's a welcoming feel environment. I've learned to become a better person while working there. The staff is great, a well balance feel.

There are some days when I occur an angry customer, I listen to their situation and help them move from their frustration into a equal working enviornment.
Favourite job so far!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Barrie ONMarch 19, 2012
This job is laid back and flexible. Perfect for a student - especially one that is interested in fashion.
Organized work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: helping customers
Cons: standing all day
A typical day at work includes always on your feet greeting customers, ringing customers through the register, and working together as a team member
Management at American Eagle was very friendly and very helpful all the time.
My co-workers were also always very friendly and very helpful.
The hardest part of my job was being on my feet for hours at a time.
The most enjoyable part of my job would have been helping customers get anything they need and making their experience at american eagle the best I could make it leaving them always wanting to come back.
A Successful Workplace with Positive Energy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at work included working with clients in the fitting rooms, making sure they felt great about their purchases. I learned how to multitask in a fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet all of the customers needs, but the most enjoyable part was seeing the clients happy when I met their needs. Overall, American Eagle Outfitters was a great company to work for.
temp to hire through staff management
Staff Management Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, KSJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: decent pay and decent shifts
Cons: short breaks, bad management and lack of work
you work long hours on your feet in a warehouse. Management is horrible especially about playing favorites and giving more hours to friends and family. Fairly simple work but rather mundane. biggest issue is they never think you work fast enough but often run out of work and send people home early.
Great job for a young person
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2015
If you like clothes and customer service, this job may be up your alley.
Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Collierville, TNJanuary 23, 2015
American Eagle was a laid back job that consisted of working with customers on a regular basis. It was a great job to work, especially as a teenager, and the working culture was shaped in such a way that it enabled me to really learn how to approach and interact with people.
Productive and overall fun place to work. Best people to work with, and amazing employee discount
Stylist (Current Employee), Pennsdale, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: enjoyable work, awesome discount
Cons: no benefits, low wages
I have worked here for a long time. As well as shopped here since I was a young teen. I love working here. It is always a fun environment and just an overall great place to be. We are all extremely goal oriented. We set goals for ourselves and always do our best to reach those individual goals, team goals, as well as goals given to us by our company executives. We always work together and strive to be the best and to keep our customers happy and coming back!!
fun at work with a ping pong table
Executive Airlines (Former Employee), new yorkJanuary 22, 2015
typical day at work normally slow
its the same routine daily
n/a
Design Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Solid Interactive Job.
Clothing Outfitter-Cashier/Floor Staff (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 21, 2015
Job was very relaxed and simple. Day tasks were the same and night tasks varied. management and coworkers were as expected of such an establishment. Was a good experience
Friendly environment, fun, productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), South Portland, MEJanuary 21, 2015
It was overall a good place to work, but I as I worked in multiple locations, I found some more favourable than the other. Some places were friendly and had a great environment and another place I worked with AEO was just unpleasant and not what I had experienced at another store at all.
Love the Company and People I worked with!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Costa MesaJanuary 21, 2015
I loved coming to work everyday, everyone was so much fun to be around.
I learned so much about the business in every aspect.

All of the managers communicated and worked as a team to run the store as smooth and efficiently as possible.

The hardest part was saying goodbye to everyone!

The people were my favorite part. Customers and employees
sales associate
sales associate (Former Employee), farmington utJanuary 20, 2015
It was amazing i learned many skills that ill be able to use in the future my manager was friendly i just loved it.

About American Eagle

American Eagle Outfitters, INC. is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality on-trend clothing, accessories and – Read more