1,124 reviews

American Eagle Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Favourite job so far!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Barrie ONMarch 19, 2012
This job is laid back and flexible. Perfect for a student - especially one that is interested in fashion.
Laid back retail sales
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: minimum wage
Assisting customers while trying to sell and meet sales numbers. Typically busy on weekend and more relaxed during the weekday. Everyone is very friendly and easy to work with. The more Enthusiasm you have the more fun the job will be.
Very Well
Store stocker (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: i had total control on how to get the task done as long as it was done.
Cons: clothes would be miss marked and i would have to take all of them back down and re scan them.
Typically I would start by unloading box's item by item and scanning them into the system, after each box, I would sort them with the other clothes of that type. The hardest part of that job was black friday, i had to run in and out stocking the floor non stop. But with the help and guidance, it wasn't a bad experience.
Productive and Sociable work place with approachable management
Sales Associates (Former Employee), Livingston, NJSeptember 9, 2014
Working at American was a typical day at work. Coming in assisting customers, restocking the shelves, inventory, working the dressing room and making sure they are well kept. The managers were very approachable and understanding. Co-workers were friendly and helpful to each other when the store was busy.
just needed a change over all good job
Material Handler (Former Employee), Ottawa, KSSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: paid time off
Cons: health insurance
put up freight all day on a timely basis had to meet time lines
Great place to work for experience, but not long-term
Specialty Sales Associate (Current Employee), Concord Mills MallSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: lots of hours, understanding managers
Cons: little pay, job requirements outweighs your personal pay scale, no advancements
I am glad to have this job, since I am still going to college and they are very flexible with schedules and hours of working. The management is very understanding when personal life may hinder job performance. This job is only temporary, and I advise others to not go into American Eagle thinking you will move up and make good money.

That being said – more... however, American Eagle is one of the worst companies I have worked for when it comes to advancing in the workplace. I work alongside very competent people who have been working there for 3+ years and have never had a raise or promotion. At the year mark of annual reviews, managers make up budgeting excuses for not allowing any employee to receive a raise. Many people quit early on. They WILL work you to death, at a very low pay. They will even try to get you to do small job performances off the clock. And they even have minors working until 2am or later, and having them clock in under a different alias.

American Eagle (at Concord Mills Mall) runs very in a very sketchy manner, and will do anything possible to make more profit for the company at the expense of their employers.

I'm trying to find a different job as soon as possible. – less
Great fun work place for young people
Sales associate/ AEO stylist (Former Employee), Oxford, AlSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work space
Cons: customer conflict
A typical day at work includes being a cashier, stylist for customers, and keeping the store organized and clean. while working at American Eagle outfitters I have learned how to work computer systems when ordering product for the customers, style customers to fit their needs, and great selling techniques. My co- workers were also great. I enjoyed working – more... with a young group of people with the same goals in mind. the hardest part of the job was learning how to deal with customer conflict. lastly the most enjoyable pat of the job was the up beat enviorment. – less
fun place to work, learned a lot of cashier and costumer services.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: good co-worker and managers
Cons: n/a
It was really nica working for this company I learned a lot in cashier and costumer services, management was really good organized the co-workers were the best, the most enjoyable things was the everybody work together.
Busy and productive
Cashier/ Sales associate (Former Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 3, 2014
Customer Service
Cashier
Folding Cloths
Getting the store ready for next day
fun place to work
Sales Leader (Former Employee), Albany, GASeptember 2, 2014
learned alot about sales
learned about fashion etc.
fun environment
great co-workers
Fast paced environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Warwick, RIAugust 31, 2014
Pros: nice clothing
Cons: scheduling issues, poor management
Quality of clothes is remarkable; very impressed with company standards.

A typical day at work consists of assisting customers and keeping the store clean by American Eagle standards.

Co-workers are very caddy and manipulative; never willing to help or reward workers for going above and beyond.

Most enjoyable part of the job is getting a customer – more... compliment and helping a customer find exactly what they are looking for.

The hardest part of the job is trying to get enough hours to financially survive on; management is very moody and only schedules individuals they like. – less
Good work environment with great staff
Stock Person (Current Employee), Stroudsburg, PAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great managers, good workout, and stock experience
Cons: not enough pay for the work that is done due to stock team not being as productive as they should
Well it'd start around noon usually, I come in receive shipment off of a truck from UPS, Fed Ex, and other side delivery companies. After that we organize them in the back room by women, men, and Aerie shipment. Then we crack and sort the boxes by style, price, and the type of item (bottoms/tops/censored/uncensored, etc.) then of course we price tag – more... if needed, and censor each item.

It's my responsibility to fill the floor with merchandise as well, all the stuff that people buy has to be replenished onto the sales floor.

Twice a month I work overnight to remodel the store. – less
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Michigan City, INAugust 29, 2014
Loved my job. The management and co-workers were great. I spent my time at work in the stockroom which I loved.
Fun place to work.
Stock Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
Co-workers are all very warm welcoming and friendly. alot of team work is put to use
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winchester, VAAugust 27, 2014
A typical day would involve us as associates to interact with the general public in helping them find there needs and wants along with answering any distinctive questions that applied to the job. I learned great people skills along with what it took to run a corporation like American Eagle. My co-workers were extremely friendly and helpful. I wouldn't – more... say there was a particular harder part than another at American Eagle, it seemed to space itself out quite well when it came to the workload. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the public and being able to provide them with a reliable service. – less
Cool place, fun energy
Sales associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 25, 2014
When hired I had no idea it would only be for a temp position but I do love meeting new people and I enjoy the energry.
Live Your Life
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Meridian, MSAugust 25, 2014
Pros: constant exposure to bigger picture, upper management offers constructive criticism
Cons: floorsets-company should review different scenarios for different tier stores.
The company strives for excellence and does its best to make sure the work environment is fair and fun. I enjoyed the atmosphere of every manager is a manager. From Assistant to Sales Lead you were given keys with the mindset that you could make logical business decisions.
The great work environment of American Eagle
Sales Associate (Current Employee), concord, NHAugust 24, 2014
This employer is great for someone who is in college and/or has other obligations. It is a fun and upbeat sales environment with associates' who function well as a team. Management is very flexible as well as understanding in many situations. The hardest part of the job would have to be selling credit cards, this being because many people hate credit – more... cards. I enjoy helping every customer I can with their given selections. I have learned many functions in this job such as cashier, sales, product placement, presentation, and customer service. – less
Goal-oriented and enjoyable customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 22, 2014
Cons: schedules are released one day before the work week starts
A typical day at work consists of greeting, assisting, and outfitting customers, cash handling as customers are rung up, opening credit, and promoting company loyalty via member's cards and acquiring email addresses. Occasionally, I am asked to replenish the product on the floor, re-merchandise products, and dress bust forms.

From working at American – more... Eagle Outfitters I've learned to be adaptable with customers since different types of people prefer different types of assistance. I've also learned more about the numbers side of retail such as the importance of conversion, average dollar sale, and units per transaction.

Management, for the most part, is friendly and effective. I highly value the effective communication, trust, and positivity in the management at American Eagle.

As of now, most of my co-workers are ages 17-23. Being close in age with my co-workers makes it easy for me to communicate and work with them. As one of the older team members at American Eagle outside of management, many of my co-workers consult me for on-the-spot problem solving.

The most difficult part of my job is opening credit with new customers. Though my credit application to transaction ratio is consistent, persuading customers to open credit can be tough at times.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers. I truly believe that since we are close in age, we're able to become friends. At that point, it's much easier to work together with customers as needed, pass customers off to each other in certain zones, and ask favors of each other during work. – less
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 21, 2014
A company that is very well established but looks at its workers as replaceable, they use what they can get out of you and then move on to the next.

About American Eagle

The frozen assets of other companies mean big business for Frozen Food Express Industries, one of the largest temperature-controlled – Read more