American Eagle

American Eagle Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 26, 2014
there was always something to do at American Eagle, never once did I have to stand around and wait for something to do. Everyone in there was nice and made work a fun place to be at.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Managaer (Former Employee), FresnoMarch 26, 2014
American Eagle Outfitters Fresno Ca. 93710 2010-2013
Responsibilities:
• Manage the highest volume store in the district.
• Handle all inventory control, ordering and maintenance.
• Create weekly schedules of all employees.
• Forecast weekly sales projections.
• Oversee opening and closing procedures.
• Drive sales and credit as leader on duty.
Great place to work and find your inner stylish self along with great friends
Merchandise Lead (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2014
Pros: welcoming environment, get to work with clothes and styling.
Cons: not enough hours
When I first started working at American Eagle Outfitters, it was a new experience for me. I had only worked in the food industry and never in retail. I was so excited to work with such a welcoming family of employees. A typical day consists of welcoming the customers into our store and informing them of all the great deals we have going on. Making – more... sure that each person has an easy and enjoyable experience is key to our objective. An associate will check back with the customer and connect with them based on the certain item they are looking at or are looking for. You give them suggestions of what tops will go with what bottoms to complete an outfit to their satisfaction. Once they have found everything they wish to purchase, you ring up their merchandise and thank them for coming in. As the merchandise lead, I am responsible for making sure that all of the products we carry are represented on the floor and look full and welcoming to the customers. This sometimes means rearranging how a wall or table is laid out to look its best. The managers I work with are great leaders and each have their own way to teach associates something new. This is needed to make our team a well rounded group. Each manager makes sure to be in a strong connection with each of their employees, which makes this team feel more like a family. I can only count the number of bad days that i have had here on one hand and most of those days did not have anything to do with the job itself. My co-workers are all younger than me but this has not been a problem. They all respect me and are wonderful and fun to work with. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with the customer service. People are always trying to get the best deals whether they the right ones or not. When a customer makes a fuss about something the best you can do is just get through the discussion in the best way that will make the customer happy and remember that if they were a particularly frustration customer, you can just go to the back and cool off until you can bring your bright smile back to the sales floor. Service with a smile! With each frustration customer comes ten wonderful customers that would love your help and appreciate any deals you are willing to give them. Making the customer happy with their purchase is a reward in itself. – less
Diverse atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Corinth, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: bonuses on sales
Cons: mandatory weekends
Got to meet a lot of interesting people. Motorcycle industry is a different way of life and learned a lot while i was there
Got clothes at great prices.
Sales / Stock Associate (Former Employee), Augusta, MEMarch 25, 2014
Pros: fun co-workers and discounted clothes.
Cons: lack of interest
This was just a job I took to help pay for my apartment while I attended college. It was not a completely enjoyable job because I am not a big "fashion guy". However I did work well and get along with my co-workers and boss. The hardest part of my job was that I had a tough time learning the "cool looks".
Great first job
Merchandise Lead (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 25, 2014
fun and engaging work place, but for some hours will be hard to come by.
Not the best place for adults
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: discount on inventory
Cons: work environment
Very bad about micromanaging and talking mess about co workers. Very unprofessional and shows favoritism. I do not recommend working at this company.
Challenging Environment
Finance (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 22, 2014
American Eagle has a lot of current opportunities with morale and workplace culture. More investment in developing careers and mentoring programs need to be established.
I loved this job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2014
Definitely a fun and outgoing job. The attendance policy is a killer though.
Very productive and a fun work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), MOMarch 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
My job was very fun. I learned to always have a smile on my face when I am greeting the customers, and making sure they found everything okay. My co-workers were very nice, I also made new friends. The hardest part of my job would have to be trying to sell items to the customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers put outfits together – more... letting them know what looked right just for them. – less
The up and coming of a retail store
Trainee (Former Employee), North Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: discounts, benefits, and over-time
Cons: management
The American Eagle store was just started and I had to help build the new franchise. I had to get the boxes from the truck and help sort the clothes in storage. My co-workers were great people, who were cool to work with. A typical day at work was about seven through nine hours of work. I would be in the front of the store, in the men's department, – more... or the discount department. I would assist my co-workers and customers. I would fold clothes and bring out clothing if it's low on stock. The hardest part of the job was standing up all the time. The management was above average, because some managers would place me on the work schedule; when I had open houses for colleges. Some managers would work with you and help me out. The were cool and fun to work under and enjoy them. The most enjoyable part of my job would be talking to my co-workers and customers. I learned a lot about how retail works and how to handle different customers. I also had to learn that you have to have proof of information for all managers. One manager told the company not to hire me anymore, because I miss days; when I was at colleges. I went to the store and the other managers side with me, but that one manager told me I should have give him the information. – less
Great enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dubuque, IAMarch 18, 2014
I work at least 4.5 hours a week which isn't a lot. What I do on a normal day at work is to watch our daily videos about AE News or about the new clothes that we have. The videos help us as sales associates to learn how to communicate with customers better and give us a better understanding about certain clothes. With this being my first job it helps – more... me become an outgoing person with customers. My mangers help each co-worker if we need help, they also give us tips on how to sell clothes and sell our credit cards to customers who spend a lot. I enjoy the work environment, my co-workers and managers. We all get along well. – less
Amazing
SALES FLOOR AND STOCK (Current Employee), Horseheads, NY 14845March 18, 2014
I love the people that I work with. Everyone is so easy to get along with. The job itself is very rewarding
Only productive the first month I worked there
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lehi, UTMarch 17, 2014
The management team is amazing they are super fun and very good teachers, the only problem is we took about a month in a half to set up the new store in Lehi at Traverse Mountain, and now it has been almost 6 months since I have worked. The only people really working are managers which is not very fun for anyone else employed there.
Great learning environment
Sales Associate, Seasonal (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 17, 2014
Pros: positive work environment
American Eagle was a great place to work, I was responsible for assisting the customers with their purchases at the cash register and add onto their sales. I really enjoyed meeting new people and helping them enjoy their shopping experience.
Greatest Environment to work in.
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Findlay, OHMarch 15, 2014
Constantly keeping the sales team motivated is hard to do, but this company has it down. They seem to be on trend and topic and always made a good day.
I love the enviroment at AEO, the workers there are so friendly and so is the customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hilo, HIMarch 14, 2014
I loved working at AEO because the work was fun, I enjoyed making peoples experience great and unforgettable.
great place to work, good discounts on clothes
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Conway, NHMarch 13, 2014
I only liked my north conway store but american eagle is a great company to work for.
Great Place to work!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Bunrsville, MNMarch 12, 2014
Great Place to work! American Eagle cares a lot about their employees and we can feel it. There is always room to grow and the management above you want to help you grow.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 12, 2014
This company has excellent management and team work ethics.

About American Eagle

The frozen assets of other companies mean big business for Frozen Food Express Industries, one of the largest temperature-controlled – Read more