American Eagle

American Eagle Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Employee's!
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), MonctonFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: reasonable breaks
Cons: too many employee's occasionally hard to get lots of hours.
The employee's were very friendly and easy to work with and get along with. Store usually stays extremely organized at all times, making for a productive staff during busy times.
American Eagle is a friendly, multi-cultural and productive working environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Nepean, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: discounts on clothes
Cons: short hours
This coming summer I would be working as a sales associate at American Eagle for three years. A typical day at work would be greeting and assisting customers in finding the right outfit that makes them feel and look good. From my experience thus far, I have gained many sales techniques to ensure selling, as well as dealing with a diverse group of people in terms of customer and co-workers. The management ensures that their employers get the recognition they deserve for doing a great job. What can be difficult at times is dealing with unruly customers, but it is imperative to always put a smile on your face and treat them with the utmost respect- after all this is a customer service related job. The most enjoyable part is working with friendly people, and gaining more work related experience.
Slow but fun!
Sales Associate/Stylist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: awesome discounts!
While working at American Eagle I learned just how much fun a part-time job could be!

My co-workers were awesome and at one point the management team was as well.
Best Experience While Working Retail
Seasonal/Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONFebruary 10, 2015
I couldn't have asked for a better job as my first retail job. The staff was always willing to help me out to learn the ropes.
productive clean place
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee), mississaugaFebruary 10, 2015
It is a very good and clean place. we always have treats, BBQs related seasona festivals and long week ends. AE gives additional training for forklift and shunt driving. Associate gets the high five awards according their performacne.
Fun workplace
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 28, 2015
You usually just have to cash out coustomers and advice them how a certain product looks on them.
Amazing experience and first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), fairview mallJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: discounts, great hours, great environment
• Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints in a friendly manner.
• Assist customers with product selection and inquiries.
• Maintain a clean, neat and correctly stocked check stand and safe and secure work area.
• Offer advice to clients regarding products.
• Process payment and operate cash register.
Great product
Associate Manager (Former Employee), OshawaJanuary 22, 2015
I loved working in such a fashion forward store. The product was great quality as well
Awesome place to work.
seasonal sales representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Great atmosphere, everyone was always positive and great to work with!
productive and postive people
Sales associate (Former Employee), Brampton,ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short hours
-I've learned how to treat and respect customers
-since working in retail I've developed my communication skills
my co-workers were fun and positive but completed everything -needed to be done
-I've learned how to take initiative. I don't like standing and doing nothing. I enjoy being kept busy
- I really enjoyed when the store was open and I was able to help costumers and make them feel welcomed
Great
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Mirabel, QCDecember 25, 2014
Pros: you have time outside of work
Cons: you don't have enough work hours per month
You start with a ''pre-party'', where they warm you up for the day, then you help customers and clean up the store. I learned all kind of jeans. Management is great and will always help you if there is issues. The hardest part is the clean up the store after the day, what we call the Close. The most enjoyable part is to interact with people.
Exciting and Productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONDecember 23, 2014
A day at American Eagle is always adventurous and fun; I come in like every other day going by the company routines and protocols. The management is the best so far and the co-workers are supportive and cheerful people at all times. The hardest part of the job is having to stand all through the shift and the best part of the job is relating with co-workers and most importantly giving customers that good quality customer service and seeing the smile of satisfaction on their faces.
Seasonal
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 23, 2014
I enjoy customer service and work well both independently and as a team.
A interesting work place with double standards
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 19, 2014
every day was something different, the training team was not very informative or supportive.
Seasonal Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCSeptember 14, 2014
Great place to work. Fast paced environment, and friendly customers. Although this job was enjoyable it was also hectic and stressful during the winter season. It is also very hard to become part of their sales team after the winter season.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: meetings with free food
Cons: minimum wage
Learned a lot of techniques on how to organize and merchandise.
Fun and relaxed enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 4, 2014
As a Customer Service Representative at American Eagle, I gained valuable sales experience and customer service skills. My duties included cashier, greeting guests as they enter the store, assisting guests with clothing selection and opening and closing the store.
Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2014
• Trusted with business key and the ability to access safe answer alarm codes.
• Having the responsibility to attend to any customer questions and/or complaints.
• Holding a steady team of employees and creating a friendly working environment.
• Responsibilities include: organizing store materials, assisting customers with their concerns, directing employees and opening and closing of store
Energetic and productive workplace with a friendly staff/team.
Monthly Floor Set Associate (Current Employee), Fairview Park Mall, Kitchener, ON.August 7, 2014
Pros: only a couple of shifts a month, doesn't clash with other events on my schedule.
Cons: after mall hours, can go late into the night.
One shift consists of changing multiple displays throughout the store. Everyone has a set, individual job to do, sometimes two or three at a time. We are all willing to help one another complete a task if needed. I find that changing the displays higher up on a wall is the most difficult part. The best part is that we listen to great music throughout the shift.
American Eagle FUN
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good discount of items
Cons: angry customers
My job as a sale associate at American Eagle was an AMAZING EXPERIENCE. What i enjoyed the most was seeing the faces of customers when they get their perfect outfits. The hardest part of the job would be not trying to spend all of your paycheck on the clothes in the store. My co workers were great , each one of them. We worked very well as a team and made sure we were ALWAYS on the top of our game.

About American Eagle

American Eagle Outfitters, INC. is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality on-trend clothing, accessories and – Read more