American Eagle

American Eagle Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 13, 2013
Pros: discounts on everything!
Cons: not the greatest environment to work in.
Typical day at work: Always had something to do, which made time go by a lot faster. Mostly fold clothing, help people in/on fitting rooms/cashier.
What I learned: How too fold everything, cashier, helping people in Fitting rooms, Changing Mannequins, changing posters, changing prices.
Management: Never had a problem with them.
Co-Workers: most were nice but a few were never really nice too me.
Hardest Part of the job: Floor set.
Most enjoyable part of the job: Meeting new people!
It is a fun workplace where you can enjoy talking to customers and selling your company's product to them.
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2012
Pros: it is not a commission based style of selling, co-workers are friendly, customer-friendly environment
Cons: part time hours, inconsistent management team
Weekends are always busy since it is a retail store in a popular shopping mall.
The experience working in the store helped me enhance my customer service skills like communicating to other people and make them purchase our products.
Management was inconsistent because the company kept changing our managers.
American Eagle Review
Stock Lead (Current Employee), Ottawa, ON.February 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be when I come in I look over the days shipping report so I can plan according. I would then assign tasks to any co-op student we have at the time (typically 3), then I'd walk the floor to take note of what product can be filled, in case I receive it. I then receive and process shipment, fill out the appropriate paper work. I've learned how to be efficient, and able to alter my work plan quickly depending on what the day brings.
American Eagle FUN
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good discount of items
Cons: angry customers
My job as a sale associate at American Eagle was an AMAZING EXPERIENCE. What i enjoyed the most was seeing the faces of customers when they get their perfect outfits. The hardest part of the job would be not trying to spend all of your paycheck on the clothes in the store. My co workers were great , each one of them. We worked very well as a team and made sure we were ALWAYS on the top of our game.
Great people but terrible hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: Employee discounts
Cons: little-no hours after seasonal peeks
I started of in the company as a Co-op student and loved it. Then i got hired on around Christmas. I would often be doing my 4 hours of co-op have a very little break (maybe half an hour) and then have to be back to work my paid shift. They have too many staff kept on as part time so a lot of people get forgotten about and end up with no hours.
great environment where I have learnt so much and enjoyed offering above-average customer service everyday.
Server (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 7, 2015
A typical day at work involved assisting managers to serve customers at the sales counter, offering face-to-face advice to customers on the store products, maintaining phone lines and direct callers to appropriate department, managing cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies, and Volunteer for additional shifts and tasks. It has been an amazing experience working with the best team.
Exciting and Productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONDecember 23, 2014
A day at American Eagle is always adventurous and fun; I come in like every other day going by the company routines and protocols. The management is the best so far and the co-workers are supportive and cheerful people at all times. The hardest part of the job is having to stand all through the shift and the best part of the job is relating with co-workers and most importantly giving customers that good quality customer service and seeing the smile of satisfaction on their faces.
Great place to work in a relaxing feel
Sales Leader & Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2012
Pros: great staff to work with
Cons: long clean ups at closing
A typical day at work, is easy going. Customers walk in, always greeted at the sign at the door. It's a welcoming feel environment. I've learned to become a better person while working there. The staff is great, a well balance feel.

There are some days when I occur an angry customer, I listen to their situation and help them move from their frustration into a equal working enviornment.
Fun workplace with lots of fun incentives
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaApril 4, 2013
Pros: amazing people to work with
Cons: hours were not always stable
Typical day at work: recieve truck, sort and prepare stock for the floor or back room. Assist with customers on the sales floor when finished with stock in the back room
Management was great, always willing to help and incouraged you to learn everything you could in the company.
Monthly staff meetings that got everybody in the store involved (ex: pot lucks, games, learning centers)
High energy environment
sales associate (Current Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 29, 2015
I have only worked here for a short amount of time, but in this time I have already learnt a lot.
I have learnt a ton about the product, I learnt the different procedures then what I am used to.
I really enjoy working at American Eagle because my co-workers all have the same attitude I have, we all like to have fun and enjoy working. Dealing with customers comes naturally to me. I enjoy talking to new people and helping customers out.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), niagara on the lake, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: Fun coworkers
Cons: Only seasonal
i would walk the floor, making sure everything in my section looked clean and tidy, help customers find whatever they may be looking for, either being for themselves or shopping for a gift, checking for sizes, and making sure they felt welcomed within the store. i would also be in fits, helping customers with outfit choices, making sure they had the right sizes, and cleaning out the fitting room and getting the next person in line in to the room.
productive and postive people
Sales associate (Former Employee), Brampton,ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short hours
-I've learned how to treat and respect customers
-since working in retail I've developed my communication skills
my co-workers were fun and positive but completed everything -needed to be done
-I've learned how to take initiative. I don't like standing and doing nothing. I enjoy being kept busy
- I really enjoyed when the store was open and I was able to help costumers and make them feel welcomed
Good place with good people
STOCK LEAD (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Cons: Unstable job hours.
I'm in charge of the shipments. We get deliveries every day, of new clothes, and replenishments of older stock. I organise, fold and sort away these products. I'm also responsible for the visual layout of the store, and the cleanliness and general upkeep of the back store. I'm on a headset with my managers at all time, to discuss the running of the store, and fulfilling customer requests for products not available on the shop floor.
Working among friends
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 27, 2012
For the time that I spent working at American Eagle Outfitters, I had a great time learning more about the clothing industry and performing sales representative tasks. From this unique experience, I have learned how to promote sales, communicate better, and interact with many customers and co-workers. I enjoyed this work experience thoroughly because it allowed me to develop my interpersonal skills and provided me with great insight on the clothing industry and how the mechanisms of retail work.
Productive and a new learning process
Floor Sales (Former Employee), Bramalea City CentreJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: experience with retail
Cons: cancellation of shifts
Working at american eagle was over all a good experience. It gave me the chance to gain experience in retail. I enjoyed working with other staff close to my age and sharing good times with each of them. Management was always understanding to times where people would call in with emergencies and sickness. It gave me a chance to show off my good customer service and my strong drive to do the best i can.
Alright Enviroment, Love the clothing!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Regina,skJuly 7, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: enviroment
I would of enjoyed working at American Eagle alot more if the enviroment was alot more positive then negative.
Did not really enjoy working with much of the staff as they would always talk about one another in a disrespectful manner.
I did however enjoy all the customers and showing them all the new product. And laying the new product out. (so i could get a sneak peak before everyone else.)
Great
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Mirabel, QCDecember 25, 2014
Pros: you have time outside of work
Cons: you don't have enough work hours per month
You start with a ''pre-party'', where they warm you up for the day, then you help customers and clean up the store. I learned all kind of jeans. Management is great and will always help you if there is issues. The hardest part is the clean up the store after the day, what we call the Close. The most enjoyable part is to interact with people.
American Eagle sales associate jobs carry multiple responsibilities. Primary job duties for American Eagle sales associates include providing customer
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: 80% discounts
Cons: Long hours
A typical day at work consisted of me helping customers with their needs in the fashion sector. I learned several things such as how to give excellent customer service. The management was great and I got along with my co-workers.
Managers are treated poorly and hear nothing but negative
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), AlbertNovember 20, 2015
All our management team ever heard was how poorly we were doing without any leadership or direction to improve.

I closed every Saturday. I worked the split every Tuesday. I worked every holiday, and was never scheduled a lieu day. Contract is for 44 hours but I was frequently told to "suck it up" when scheduled for 50 or more.
great people, lots of smiles and laughs.
sales clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: alot of great times
Cons: short hours
i would start at 9:30 starting with cleaning the fitting rooms, then i would organize the floor. i learned to have fun with what I'm doing. management was amazing, became close friends with my coworkers along with management. the hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of my contract. the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the smiling faces.