American Eagle
1,457 reviews

American Eagle Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing experience and first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), fairview mallJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: discounts, great hours, great environment
• Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints in a friendly manner.
• Assist customers with product selection and inquiries.
• Maintain a clean, neat and correctly stocked check stand and safe and secure work area.
• Offer advice to clients regarding products.
• Process payment and operate cash register.
Great product
Associate Manager (Former Employee), OshawaJanuary 22, 2015
I loved working in such a fashion forward store. The product was great quality as well
Awesome place to work.
seasonal sales representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Great atmosphere, everyone was always positive and great to work with!
productive and postive people
Sales associate (Former Employee), Brampton,ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short hours
-I've learned how to treat and respect customers
-since working in retail I've developed my communication skills
my co-workers were fun and positive but completed everything -needed to be done
-I've learned how to take initiative. I don't like standing and doing nothing. I enjoy being kept busy
- I really enjoyed when the store was open and I was able to help costumers and make them feel welcomed
Great
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Mirabel, QCDecember 25, 2014
Pros: you have time outside of work
Cons: you don't have enough work hours per month
You start with a ''pre-party'', where they warm you up for the day, then you help customers and clean up the store. I learned all kind of jeans. Management is great and will always help you if there is issues. The hardest part is the clean up the store after the day, what we call the Close. The most enjoyable part is to interact with people.
Exciting and Productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONDecember 23, 2014
A day at American Eagle is always adventurous and fun; I come in like every other day going by the company routines and protocols. The management is the best so far and the co-workers are supportive and cheerful people at all times. The hardest part of the job is having to stand all through the shift and the best part of the job is relating with co-workers and most importantly giving customers that good quality customer service and seeing the smile of satisfaction on their faces.
Seasonal
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 23, 2014
I enjoy customer service and work well both independently and as a team.
A interesting work place with double standards
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 19, 2014
every day was something different, the training team was not very informative or supportive.
Seasonal Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCSeptember 14, 2014
Great place to work. Fast paced environment, and friendly customers. Although this job was enjoyable it was also hectic and stressful during the winter season. It is also very hard to become part of their sales team after the winter season.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: meetings with free food
Cons: minimum wage
Learned a lot of techniques on how to organize and merchandise.
Fun and relaxed enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 4, 2014
As a Customer Service Representative at American Eagle, I gained valuable sales experience and customer service skills. My duties included cashier, greeting guests as they enter the store, assisting guests with clothing selection and opening and closing the store.
Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2014
• Trusted with business key and the ability to access safe answer alarm codes.
• Having the responsibility to attend to any customer questions and/or complaints.
• Holding a steady team of employees and creating a friendly working environment.
• Responsibilities include: organizing store materials, assisting customers with their concerns, directing employees and opening and closing of store
Energetic and productive workplace with a friendly staff/team.
Monthly Floor Set Associate (Current Employee), Fairview Park Mall, Kitchener, ON.August 7, 2014
Pros: only a couple of shifts a month, doesn't clash with other events on my schedule.
Cons: after mall hours, can go late into the night.
One shift consists of changing multiple displays throughout the store. Everyone has a set, individual job to do, sometimes two or three at a time. We are all willing to help one another complete a task if needed. I find that changing the displays higher up on a wall is the most difficult part. The best part is that we listen to great music throughout the shift.
American Eagle FUN
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good discount of items
Cons: angry customers
My job as a sale associate at American Eagle was an AMAZING EXPERIENCE. What i enjoyed the most was seeing the faces of customers when they get their perfect outfits. The hardest part of the job would be not trying to spend all of your paycheck on the clothes in the store. My co workers were great , each one of them. We worked very well as a team and made sure we were ALWAYS on the top of our game.
Fun
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 7, 2014
Fun Loved the people I worked with and also enjoyed the job. I was always busy organizing and keeping the store up to par. I had lot of responsibilities and enjoyed it a lot.
slow and boring but good people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2014
Pros: got 50% off everything in the store except sale items
Cons: the days were slow if it wasnt busy
I would stand around for 5 hours folding clothes most of the time on weekdays the mall wasn't busy at all barely any costumers came in. On weekends got really busy that when the days seemed to go by quicker.
Learned to be nice to everyone even if they aren't to you being able to clean up well.
Co-workers were nice and friendly and we all got along quite nice
Hardest part was unpacking new clothes and redesigning the store every few months
Most enjoyable part was seeing my friends and talking to people
Management wasn't very organized
Young atmosphere with many job openings
Cashier-Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJune 27, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere among other employees
Cons: bad management
Management towards employees was quite awful in the sense that superiors were generally unapproachable and did not give you much say in your hours or positions.
Light work environment. Consistently busy and on your feet.
Cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 17, 2014
At American Eagle it is an extremely busy, non-stop moving environment. You are not just a cashier at this job, you are also doing a lot of customer service helping the customers find items and outfits. There is a lot of cleaning and tidying of the store due to the large amount of customers throughout the day. Some shifts are floor set shifts, This includes some of the associates to do an overnight shift where we change product throughout the entire store, do marketing and change signage as well. All co-workers get along which makes the work environment light. The hardest part of the job is the overnight floor sets. There is a lot of heavy lifting and climbing involved, but we get it done. The management team is fairy good. But the most enjoyable part about the job is that we al get along and this helps us get through all the busy days and nights we work.
Great place to work with public
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 3, 2014
learned to multitask and become responsible with money
had to work quickly during busy hours
hardest part of job was when restaurant became infested with cockroaches
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: short hours
While working at American Eagle I built many new skills and met people who made me feel comfortable in my work environment. Everyone was very nice and helpful.

About American Eagle

American Eagle Outfitters, INC. is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality on-trend clothing, accessories and – Read more