American Eagle

American Eagle Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun contests
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2013
To promote more of the products we did weekly contests where you can win gift cards. Everyone is very friendly and constantly helping each other out.
A very busy place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 5, 2013
During the holiday season there is never a dull moment. I was a temp hire for extra help during Christmas. There was always something to do and lots of energy in the store.
A very busy place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 5, 2013
Great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 10, 2013
With the right group of managers and the cooperation of great team members, American Eagle is set to be one of the most competitive work places in regards to cohesiveness, leadership, and production.
Alright Enviroment, Love the clothing!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Regina,skJuly 7, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: enviroment
I would of enjoyed working at American Eagle alot more if the enviroment was alot more positive then negative.
Did not really enjoy working with much of the staff as they would always talk about one another in a disrespectful manner.
I did however enjoy all the customers and showing them all the new product. And laying the new product out. (so i could – more... get a sneak peak before everyone else.) – less
Great Student workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 28, 2013
American Eagle was a great place to work while I was in school. They worked around my class and exam hours without a fuss.
average job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 27, 2013
youthful environment
generally positive environment
variety of tasks
productive & fun work enviornment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 13, 2013
a typical day at work would include stocking the clothing shelves, cleaning, organizing, always greeting every customer that enterede the store & educating them on our promotions. we watched a video clip every shift to update us on new styles etc.
Great atmosphere
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 11, 2013
American Eagle is a great company to work for because they offer great pay rates and an extremely flexible schedule. All employees and managers were really easy to get along with and genuinely cared about each other. The discount was great as well!
Fun Workplace!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBApril 25, 2013
Pros: discounts :)
Cons: crowded at times, managers were hard on a lot of people.
Very busy work environment, you were always on the go which I didn't mind because time flew by really fast.
Fun workplace with lots of fun incentives
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaApril 4, 2013
Pros: amazing people to work with
Cons: hours were not always stable
Typical day at work: recieve truck, sort and prepare stock for the floor or back room. Assist with customers on the sales floor when finished with stock in the back room
Management was great, always willing to help and incouraged you to learn everything you could in the company.
Monthly staff meetings that got everybody in the store involved (ex: pot – more... lucks, games, learning centers) – less
Enjoyable atmosphere
Sales (Former Employee), Fairview, Pointe-Claire, QCMarch 25, 2013
Only went through Orientation/Training. Unable to work due to personal family issues.
My team of managers and associates were great! top performance team 2012
District Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2013
Great product, Great Store management teams.

Culture was disappointing to myself.
Prodeuctive and efficient work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), peterborough ontairoMarch 14, 2013
I find great satisfaction helping customers and having them leave the store, just as happy or happier then when they came in. Co workers are great at American eagle
Productive and Fun
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 13, 2013
Pros: discounts on everything!
Cons: not the greatest environment to work in.
Typical day at work: Always had something to do, which made time go by a lot faster. Mostly fold clothing, help people in/on fitting rooms/cashier.
What I learned: How too fold everything, cashier, helping people in Fitting rooms, Changing Mannequins, changing posters, changing prices.
Management: Never had a problem with them.
Co-Workers: most were – more... nice but a few were never really nice too me.
Hardest Part of the job: Floor set.
Most enjoyable part of the job: Meeting new people! – less
Upbeat and Encouraging Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: great work environment, wonderful product and staff discounts, fantastic store playlist
Cons: over staffing which may lead to less hours than expected
American Eagle holds wonderful potential for students looking to hold a part-time job in their extra time. It promotes positive work experiences by hiring young adults looking to improve themselves within the retail world. A.E. gives employees a chance to challenge themselves within a fast growing community, however there is a small issue with job security. – more... I was hired on a non-seasonal basis but due to over-staffind I was asked, along with other hired at the same time, to come back for the back to school season. Besides this small inconvenience I really enjoyed working at American Eagle as it provided me with an excellent place to expand my retail experience. – less
clicky
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: had to wear their brand of clothing, expensive
very clicky, highschool setting atomsphere.
managment favored specific employees which were personal outside friends.
very challenging work place
Fun and relaxed work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 7, 2013
I enjoyed working as a babysitter because it allowed me to work with many children, and children of different ages. I enjoy working with children because it is fun and their is always something to do.
Very enjoyable workplace with understanding and flexible management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 18, 2013
The staff environment feels like a family. Management is very lenient with scheduling and understanding of various circumstances that may arise and help to cater to your needs.
fast-paced enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: was in a nice mall, great city
Cons: unfriendly associates and staff
it was really confusing at first but it became very easy to adapt

About American Eagle

The frozen assets of other companies mean big business for Frozen Food Express Industries, one of the largest temperature-controlled – Read more