American Eagle

American Eagle Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Energetic Day at Work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Good sales & busy days
Cons: Not making sales
* Clean the floors and windows
* Open the store for the day
* Stock & fold the clothing
* Promote the promotions
* Handle the cash register
* Customer service at the fitting rooms
great place to work
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: nothing
Very fast paced environment. Dealing with different types of customers. Need to know different areas of the store and need to handle any types of questions related to the store.
customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 18, 2015
Pros: head sets
Cons: not enough hours
was a good wrok environment i would work for them again if it was more like managament but interacting with customers and helping customers each day was awesome and made me love working with the public
productive and fun workplace
assistant manager (Current Employee), cambridgeAugust 18, 2015
very positive work environment! I have another part time job and they were very accommodating in scheduling around those hours, as they were different every week. Really great management, expectations are clear and training is thorough.
Good first job
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 9, 2015
American Eagle is an amazing job with lots of opportunities. It is a typical retail job from 9-5 and that's why I didn't stay there. It's not always high pace but it can be- especially around holidays and back to school. Good company.
Enjoy customer interactions on daily basis
Sales Leader (Current Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work is reviewing sales and any goals needed to complete the day. Greeting customers and helping them outfit themselves or whomever they are purchasing items for.
Informing all staff on the promotions, where they are scheduled to work and offering them daily advice on how they can improve overall production.
wonderful
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 21, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: none
The culture and the way that each team members contributions are valued creates an amazing work environment.
Contests and generous gifts from the company based on our performance were exciting and inspiring.
Amercian Eagle
Customer Service (Current Employee), Halton Hills, ONJuly 7, 2015
When you first get a job with Amercian Eagle you start off with good amount of hours and then once you have been there for a long time then you don't get enough hours and then people just start quitting.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), niagara on the lake, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: Fun coworkers
Cons: Only seasonal
i would walk the floor, making sure everything in my section looked clean and tidy, help customers find whatever they may be looking for, either being for themselves or shopping for a gift, checking for sizes, and making sure they felt welcomed within the store. i would also be in fits, helping customers with outfit choices, making sure they had the right sizes, and cleaning out the fitting room and getting the next person in line in to the room.
Excellent
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 21, 2015
I learnt a lot about working in sales. I provided advice to customers about personal style, assisted in organizing the store, and completed transactions.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBJune 12, 2015
Pros: incentives
Cons: pushing for sales
Enjoyed working for a very active company. The managers are active, fun, outgoing, and very understanding. They know how to compromise if you have 2 jobs, and try to accommodate as much as they can.

They have goals for sales and promotions to motivate all the departments to compete to win prizes.
Fun place to work as well as great staff.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJune 10, 2015
Greet customers, answer all the questions that a customer has, as well as ask a lot of questions to the customers for the best possible service.
Okay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Halton Hills, ONMay 27, 2015
-Management was poorly ran
-Employers were rude to customers and fellow staff members
-System was organized in a un- efficient manner
American Eagle Outfitters Merchandise Leader
Sales Associate/Merchandise Leader (Current Employee), Dartmouth, Nova ScotiaMay 26, 2015
At American Eagle, you feel like a family. Everyone treats you like you've known them for your entire life. The staff are people you can trust with your life. Our management team could not be any better. They are so understanding for all of us and any of our problems. They are like your second set of parents.
The hardest part of the job is always trying to help every customer in your day. There are times that you are not able to help that last person and it could make or break your day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the customers smile on their face when you are able to help them find everything on their wish list.
Fun work environment
Saltes Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 14, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Not enough hours
Great job, only downside is only getting scheduled a few ours a week. Typical work week will be 2-3 4 hour shifts. Great co-workers and management. Hardest part of the day is transitioning to standing on your feet for 4 hours in a row. Most rewarding part of job is helping families purchase clothes.
great people, lots of smiles and laughs.
sales clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: alot of great times
Cons: short hours
i would start at 9:30 starting with cleaning the fitting rooms, then i would organize the floor. i learned to have fun with what I'm doing. management was amazing, became close friends with my coworkers along with management. the hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of my contract. the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the smiling faces.
Good for retail experience, but you are easily replaced
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee), WindsorMay 4, 2015
Mangers expected you to pressure people to buy, and if you couldn't convince them to buy, you are quickly replaced. Not too much to do when it isn't busy. Co-workers, depending on who was working that day, could either be friendly or just kinda prude.
Fun workplace
Overnight Merchandiser (Current Employee), DieppeMay 4, 2015
As a overnight merchandiser, i help set up the store with the new merchandise, put away the old stock (do mark downs) and dress the bustforms
Productive and encouraging wokplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, OnApril 30, 2015
I truly value the ways in which the store-level as well as upper management wish to see their staff grow. I very quickly learned how to appropriately interact with customers to make their experience both enjoyable and successful.
Excellent place to build up retail experience
Sales Associate, - West Edmonton Mall (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2015
Pros: Adequate amount of working hours
Cons: Store Managers management skill
On weekends the store tends to get really busy so sometimes I feel like it was a drag. But with the awesome and energetic co-workers I had, work flew by quick. I learnt that customers are of high importance in retail because they are the ones that can bring our sale up by purchasing our products. The hardest part about this job is when a customer is looking for a specific product or item which we no longer carry or have already sold out. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, learning about how retail runs, and building up experience.