American Eagle

American Eagle Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Very Interesting Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cookstown OntarioApril 20, 2015
Pros: Retail, 40% discount, very friendly co-workers
Cons: Management was not well organized, over hiring was an issue, management would also give themselves more hours instead of the employees, no a lot of hours
American Eagle was very interesting to work at for my first retail job. Due to the store opening brand new, I was able to receive a different experience then most people in retail. My co-workers and I built the store from the ground up. Building shelves and receiving our first shipment was all very interesting. My management was challenging sometimes but for the most part they made working there bearable. I learned many things like cash, and how to sell to anyone which was pretty cool.
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), HalifaxApril 19, 2015
It was great! The hardest part of the job were the shifts as I had worked to 3am in the morning restocking at some points while trying to balance it out with my university final exams.
Overall Great Place to Work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Milton, ONApril 17, 2015
American Eagle is a very good company to work for. There are a few flaws with their company, which is the same as most, however, the pros very much outweigh the cons. The longer you are with them, the more perks you receive as you are promoted to become a "Jean Expert" or "Stylist", and with this promotion you get special discounts from the store. My managers were very friendly and considerate or all employees. The cons are only that the schedule is released really late and only as a week by week schedule (eg. If today is Thursday, I would just be getting the schedule for this Sunday coming up). The only other con is that they have recently become very strict regarding what they need to accomplish with sales and such. But overall, I really enjoy working there.
positive friendly work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Easy to keep busy
Cons: n/a
Worked here for a short period of time for seasonal help. Very fast paced. There was never a really slow period there was always something that you could do.
Good Place , Very Clean
Electrical Maintenance Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2015
Very Nice to work in a clean enviroment. Most of Managment is
onside with workers , very fair! Equipment is new and well maintained
Good place to work!!
Awesome!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2015
Staff is very friendly and very supportive with new employees. Management is great as well. Very understanding and a very knowledgeable workplace
Already wrote a review.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCMarch 22, 2015
See previous review.
This system needs to be able to recognize the same employer on a resume more than once. Retail is not for everybody.
Productive and a fun place tow ork
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto premium outlet mallMarch 20, 2015
Pros: working with amazing people
Cons: late nights
A typical day at american eagle would be, coming in 10 minutes before shift starts, clocking in and talking about each others day before we get on the floor and make some sales!
Nice people to work with
Seasonal employee (Former Employee), Brampton,ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: not understanding people
I liked it there but retail wasn't for me, when people didn't want to be helped it was almost as though the managers expected me to force conversation upon them
My first work and it's not bad at all
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby BCMarch 16, 2015
Been there for only a short time since it was a seasonal position. Most of the people were awesome except not enough work hours a week was given.
fun to work at
Service Crew (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 12, 2015
People are very friendly but given hours are just not enough so i had to look for another job. But other than that everything went pretty well
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Innisfil, ONMarch 9, 2015
It is an enjoyable work place. The people who work there are very welcoming. At times it can be slow , but there is always work to be done .
Can be fun at times
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 1, 2015
American Eagle can be a fun place to work, where you meet a lot of interesting people. However, management seems to play favorites and I do not like this.
American Eagle Review
Stock Lead (Current Employee), Ottawa, ON.February 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be when I come in I look over the days shipping report so I can plan according. I would then assign tasks to any co-op student we have at the time (typically 3), then I'd walk the floor to take note of what product can be filled, in case I receive it. I then receive and process shipment, fill out the appropriate paper work. I've learned how to be efficient, and able to alter my work plan quickly depending on what the day brings.
Good Employee's!
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), MonctonFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: reasonable breaks
Cons: too many employee's occasionally hard to get lots of hours.
The employee's were very friendly and easy to work with and get along with. Store usually stays extremely organized at all times, making for a productive staff during busy times.
American Eagle is a friendly, multi-cultural and productive working environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Nepean, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: discounts on clothes
Cons: short hours
This coming summer I would be working as a sales associate at American Eagle for three years. A typical day at work would be greeting and assisting customers in finding the right outfit that makes them feel and look good. From my experience thus far, I have gained many sales techniques to ensure selling, as well as dealing with a diverse group of people in terms of customer and co-workers. The management ensures that their employers get the recognition they deserve for doing a great job. What can be difficult at times is dealing with unruly customers, but it is imperative to always put a smile on your face and treat them with the utmost respect- after all this is a customer service related job. The most enjoyable part is working with friendly people, and gaining more work related experience.
Slow but fun!
Sales Associate/Stylist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: awesome discounts!
While working at American Eagle I learned just how much fun a part-time job could be!

My co-workers were awesome and at one point the management team was as well.
Best Experience While Working Retail
Seasonal/Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONFebruary 10, 2015
I couldn't have asked for a better job as my first retail job. The staff was always willing to help me out to learn the ropes.
productive clean place
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee), mississaugaFebruary 10, 2015
It is a very good and clean place. we always have treats, BBQs related seasona festivals and long week ends. AE gives additional training for forklift and shunt driving. Associate gets the high five awards according their performacne.
Fun workplace
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 28, 2015
You usually just have to cash out coustomers and advice them how a certain product looks on them.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Eagle

American Eagle Outfitters, INC. is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality on-trend clothing, accessories and – Read more