American Eagle
1,230 reviews

American Eagle Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A interesting work place with double standards
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 19, 2014
every day was something different, the training team was not very informative or supportive.
Seasonal Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCSeptember 14, 2014
Great place to work. Fast paced environment, and friendly customers. Although this job was enjoyable it was also hectic and stressful during the winter season. It is also very hard to become part of their sales team after the winter season.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: meetings with free food
Cons: minimum wage
Learned a lot of techniques on how to organize and merchandise.
Fun and relaxed enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 4, 2014
As a Customer Service Representative at American Eagle, I gained valuable sales experience and customer service skills. My duties included cashier, greeting guests as they enter the store, assisting guests with clothing selection and opening and closing the store.
Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2014
• Trusted with business key and the ability to access safe answer alarm codes.
• Having the responsibility to attend to any customer questions and/or complaints.
• Holding a steady team of employees and creating a friendly working environment.
• Responsibilities include: organizing store materials, assisting customers with their concerns, directing – more... employees and opening and closing of store – less
Energetic and productive workplace with a friendly staff/team.
Monthly Floor Set Associate (Current Employee), Fairview Park Mall, Kitchener, ON.August 7, 2014
Pros: only a couple of shifts a month, doesn't clash with other events on my schedule.
Cons: after mall hours, can go late into the night.
One shift consists of changing multiple displays throughout the store. Everyone has a set, individual job to do, sometimes two or three at a time. We are all willing to help one another complete a task if needed. I find that changing the displays higher up on a wall is the most difficult part. The best part is that we listen to great music throughout – more... the shift. – less
American Eagle FUN
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good discount of items
Cons: angry customers
My job as a sale associate at American Eagle was an AMAZING EXPERIENCE. What i enjoyed the most was seeing the faces of customers when they get their perfect outfits. The hardest part of the job would be not trying to spend all of your paycheck on the clothes in the store. My co workers were great , each one of them. We worked very well as a team and – more... made sure we were ALWAYS on the top of our game. – less
Fun
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 7, 2014
Fun Loved the people I worked with and also enjoyed the job. I was always busy organizing and keeping the store up to par. I had lot of responsibilities and enjoyed it a lot.
slow and boring but good people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2014
Pros: got 50% off everything in the store except sale items
Cons: the days were slow if it wasnt busy
I would stand around for 5 hours folding clothes most of the time on weekdays the mall wasn't busy at all barely any costumers came in. On weekends got really busy that when the days seemed to go by quicker.
Learned to be nice to everyone even if they aren't to you being able to clean up well.
Co-workers were nice and friendly and we all got along quite – more... nice
Hardest part was unpacking new clothes and redesigning the store every few months
Most enjoyable part was seeing my friends and talking to people
Management wasn't very organized – less
Young atmosphere with many job openings
Cashier-Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJune 27, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere among other employees
Cons: bad management
Management towards employees was quite awful in the sense that superiors were generally unapproachable and did not give you much say in your hours or positions.
Light work environment. Consistently busy and on your feet.
Cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 17, 2014
At American Eagle it is an extremely busy, non-stop moving environment. You are not just a cashier at this job, you are also doing a lot of customer service helping the customers find items and outfits. There is a lot of cleaning and tidying of the store due to the large amount of customers throughout the day. Some shifts are floor set shifts, This – more... includes some of the associates to do an overnight shift where we change product throughout the entire store, do marketing and change signage as well. All co-workers get along which makes the work environment light. The hardest part of the job is the overnight floor sets. There is a lot of heavy lifting and climbing involved, but we get it done. The management team is fairy good. But the most enjoyable part about the job is that we al get along and this helps us get through all the busy days and nights we work. – less
Great place to work with public
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 3, 2014
learned to multitask and become responsible with money
had to work quickly during busy hours
hardest part of job was when restaurant became infested with cockroaches
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: short hours
While working at American Eagle I built many new skills and met people who made me feel comfortable in my work environment. Everyone was very nice and helpful.
Fantastic Workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee), Orleans, OntarioMay 28, 2014
Pros: discount, great people, fun job
Cons: few hours
A typical day at work for me is just talking to customers; making sure they are satisfied, assist them in any way, and completing their transactions at the cash. Management consists of fantastic people (they could give more hours to existing employees rather than hiring new ones). My co-workers are fantastic! We are like a family. The hardest part of – more... my job is doing floorset (bringing the old clothes in and the new ones out). Other than that I enjoy every aspect of my job. – less
Daily Productivity
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 10, 2014
Pros: excellent co-workers
Cons: long hours
At this job, I am usually on the sales floor; meeting customers and informing them about out specials and other offers. Then I am also at the cash register when I am not on the floor, helping out other people. I learned how to better communicate with customers and figuring out how to achieve certain goals if the resources aren't present. Some of the – more... hardest part of the job is not having enough breaks in between. Sometimes I am needed to work 4 or 5 hours straight running around because they are under-staffed etc. And it becomes tiring at times but I still give 100% of my attention and efforts towards everything that I do in order to accomplish it. Some of the most enjoyable aspects of the job is constantly meeting new people and developing connection with them, I also get to learn a lot of new things about the industry as well as learning new skills that I could use towards the future. – less
Seller
Seller (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of selling and promoting american eagle products. Helping customers find the right fit.
Decent place to work
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 1, 2014
Consisted of a lot of merchandising and organizational tasks.
Worked with managers and peers to complete floorsets and other repetitive tasks. Pay was low.
I like this job but I would rather start a career that I have studied.
Cashier/ Jean Expert and Stylist (Current Employee), Pickering Town Centre, ONApril 15, 2014
Pros: recognition for good work
Cons: minimum wage pay
A typical day at work for myself is started by logging in, and checking to make sure I know all the the sales and discounts that are applicable to that day. Then I scan the store to make sure everything is easy to see for customers and accessible as well as neat. I must also replace any items that are low in stock. After this is check the change rooms – more... to make sure they are clean. While doing all of this I must keep one eye on the cash register for line-ups. The change rooms abide by this rule as well. The number one rule of retail work is the customer needs come first, this is my main focus.

Since I have worked at American Eagle I have learned how to deal with customers who do not speak English as a first language. This skill requires patience and communication. I use my facial expressions and hand gestures to communicate successfully with these customers.

The management at American Eagle is split between a number of employees. One must apply to be a key-holder but this still does not guarantee a fixed number of hours on a weekly basis. Because of this I have not applied to be on the management team.

My co-workers are, for the most part, students. They are pleasant to work with, however they have very busy lives and I am often covering a shift for them. This is beneficial for me as it is an opportunity to earn more income for myself.

The hardest part of the job is is satisfying a customer who does not know what they are looking for. It is hard to see ones face who clearly believes in retail-therapy but simply does not know how to decide on an item. At this point I usually allow them to browse on their own. When I see they have picked something up I immediately suggest they try it on because I know once they are wearing the item they will feel their spirits lift.

The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying a customer with a special request. When one goes out to find a specific outfit, it can be frustrating when it becomes difficult to find. This also makes the customer harder to satisfy. These are the challenges I enjoy.
EXAMPLE: During the Christmas season a lot of teenage girls will write down the description of an outfit and send their gift-buyers out to find it. This can be stressful and nerve-racking for that shopper and it is my job to relieve these feelings and find the requested items in an efficient amount of time. – less
Good for part-time
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBApril 8, 2014
Good job for people who want to work part time and make extra cash potentially while still in school, good discount, friendly working environment and co-workers
American Eagle
Manager (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONtarioApril 2, 2014
American Eagle is a fun, fast paced work environment that focus on working well with customers on a daily basis.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Eagle

American Eagle Outfitters, INC. is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality on-trend clothing, accessories and – Read more