American Eagle
1,407 reviews

American Eagle Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and a fun place tow ork
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto premium outlet mallMarch 20, 2015
Pros: working with amazing people
Cons: late nights
A typical day at american eagle would be, coming in 10 minutes before shift starts, clocking in and talking about each others day before we get on the floor and make some sales!
Nice people to work with
Seasonal employee (Former Employee), Brampton,ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: not understanding people
I liked it there but retail wasn't for me, when people didn't want to be helped it was almost as though the managers expected me to force conversation upon them
My first work and it's not bad at all
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby BCMarch 16, 2015
Been there for only a short time since it was a seasonal position. Most of the people were awesome except not enough work hours a week was given.
fun to work at
Service Crew (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 12, 2015
People are very friendly but given hours are just not enough so i had to look for another job. But other than that everything went pretty well
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Innisfil, ONMarch 9, 2015
It is an enjoyable work place. The people who work there are very welcoming. At times it can be slow , but there is always work to be done .
Can be fun at times
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 1, 2015
American Eagle can be a fun place to work, where you meet a lot of interesting people. However, management seems to play favorites and I do not like this.
American Eagle Review
Stock Lead (Current Employee), Ottawa, ON.February 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be when I come in I look over the days shipping report so I can plan according. I would then assign tasks to any co-op student we have at the time (typically 3), then I'd walk the floor to take note of what product can be filled, in case I receive it. I then receive and process shipment, fill out the appropriate paper work. I've learned how to be efficient, and able to alter my work plan quickly depending on what the day brings.
Good Employee's!
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), MonctonFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: reasonable breaks
Cons: too many employee's occasionally hard to get lots of hours.
The employee's were very friendly and easy to work with and get along with. Store usually stays extremely organized at all times, making for a productive staff during busy times.
American Eagle is a friendly, multi-cultural and productive working environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Nepean, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: discounts on clothes
Cons: short hours
This coming summer I would be working as a sales associate at American Eagle for three years. A typical day at work would be greeting and assisting customers in finding the right outfit that makes them feel and look good. From my experience thus far, I have gained many sales techniques to ensure selling, as well as dealing with a diverse group of people in terms of customer and co-workers. The management ensures that their employers get the recognition they deserve for doing a great job. What can be difficult at times is dealing with unruly customers, but it is imperative to always put a smile on your face and treat them with the utmost respect- after all this is a customer service related job. The most enjoyable part is working with friendly people, and gaining more work related experience.
Slow but fun!
Sales Associate/Stylist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: awesome discounts!
While working at American Eagle I learned just how much fun a part-time job could be!

My co-workers were awesome and at one point the management team was as well.
Best Experience While Working Retail
Seasonal/Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONFebruary 10, 2015
I couldn't have asked for a better job as my first retail job. The staff was always willing to help me out to learn the ropes.
productive clean place
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee), mississaugaFebruary 10, 2015
It is a very good and clean place. we always have treats, BBQs related seasona festivals and long week ends. AE gives additional training for forklift and shunt driving. Associate gets the high five awards according their performacne.
Fun workplace
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 28, 2015
You usually just have to cash out coustomers and advice them how a certain product looks on them.
Amazing experience and first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), fairview mallJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: discounts, great hours, great environment
• Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints in a friendly manner.
• Assist customers with product selection and inquiries.
• Maintain a clean, neat and correctly stocked check stand and safe and secure work area.
• Offer advice to clients regarding products.
• Process payment and operate cash register.
Great product
Associate Manager (Former Employee), OshawaJanuary 22, 2015
I loved working in such a fashion forward store. The product was great quality as well
Awesome place to work.
seasonal sales representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Great atmosphere, everyone was always positive and great to work with!
productive and postive people
Sales associate (Former Employee), Brampton,ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short hours
-I've learned how to treat and respect customers
-since working in retail I've developed my communication skills
my co-workers were fun and positive but completed everything -needed to be done
-I've learned how to take initiative. I don't like standing and doing nothing. I enjoy being kept busy
- I really enjoyed when the store was open and I was able to help costumers and make them feel welcomed
Great
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Mirabel, QCDecember 25, 2014
Pros: you have time outside of work
Cons: you don't have enough work hours per month
You start with a ''pre-party'', where they warm you up for the day, then you help customers and clean up the store. I learned all kind of jeans. Management is great and will always help you if there is issues. The hardest part is the clean up the store after the day, what we call the Close. The most enjoyable part is to interact with people.
Exciting and Productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONDecember 23, 2014
A day at American Eagle is always adventurous and fun; I come in like every other day going by the company routines and protocols. The management is the best so far and the co-workers are supportive and cheerful people at all times. The hardest part of the job is having to stand all through the shift and the best part of the job is relating with co-workers and most importantly giving customers that good quality customer service and seeing the smile of satisfaction on their faces.
Seasonal
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 23, 2014
I enjoy customer service and work well both independently and as a team.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Eagle

American Eagle Outfitters, INC. is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality on-trend clothing, accessories and – Read more