American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Supportive environment.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 September 2015
Always motivated to be the best I can be.
Meet different people, either by customers or co-workers.
Everyday is always a different day, despite the system.
Interacting with people of different backgrounds and personalities.
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
Short hours
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2015
I really enjoy working at American Eagle. I love the products we sell. It is very fast paced and busy which I like. The staff is great. The home / work life balance is not very good but it seems to be getting better.
Pros
Very busy and fast paced
Cons
work alot of evenings and weekends
Excellent place to build up retail experience
Sales Associate, - West Edmonton Mall (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2015
On weekends the store tends to get really busy so sometimes I feel like it was a drag. But with the awesome and energetic co-workers I had, work flew by quick. I learnt that customers are of high importance in retail because they are the ones that can bring our sale up by purchasing our products. The hardest part about this job is when a customer is looking for a specific product or item which we no longer carry or have already sold out. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, learning about how retail runs, and building up experience.
Pros
Adequate amount of working hours
Cons
Store Managers management skill
great people, lots of smiles and laughs.
sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 May 2015
i would start at 9:30 starting with cleaning the fitting rooms, then i would organize the floor. i learned to have fun with what I'm doing. management was amazing, became close friends with my coworkers along with management. the hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of my contract. the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the smiling faces.
Pros
alot of great times
Cons
short hours
A Very Interesting Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown Ontario20 April 2015
American Eagle was very interesting to work at for my first retail job. Due to the store opening brand new, I was able to receive a different experience then most people in retail. My co-workers and I built the store from the ground up. Building shelves and receiving our first shipment was all very interesting. My management was challenging sometimes but for the most part they made working there bearable. I learned many things like cash, and how to sell to anyone which was pretty cool.
Pros
Retail, 40% discount, very friendly co-workers
Cons
Management was not well organized, over hiring was an issue, management would also give themselves more hours instead of the employees, no a lot of hours
Overall Great Place to Work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON17 April 2015
American Eagle is a very good company to work for. There are a few flaws with their company, which is the same as most, however, the pros very much outweigh the cons. The longer you are with them, the more perks you receive as you are promoted to become a "Jean Expert" or "Stylist", and with this promotion you get special discounts from the store. My managers were very friendly and considerate or all employees. The cons are only that the schedule is released really late and only as a week by week schedule (eg. If today is Thursday, I would just be getting the schedule for this Sunday coming up). The only other con is that they have recently become very strict regarding what they need to accomplish with sales and such. But overall, I really enjoy working there.
American Eagle Review
Stock Lead (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON.25 February 2015
A typical day at work would be when I come in I look over the days shipping report so I can plan according. I would then assign tasks to any co-op student we have at the time (typically 3), then I'd walk the floor to take note of what product can be filled, in case I receive it. I then receive and process shipment, fill out the appropriate paper work. I've learned how to be efficient, and able to alter my work plan quickly depending on what the day brings.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB12 June 2015
Enjoyed working for a very active company. The managers are active, fun, outgoing, and very understanding. They know how to compromise if you have 2 jobs, and try to accommodate as much as they can.

They have goals for sales and promotions to motivate all the departments to compete to win prizes.
Pros
incentives
Cons
pushing for sales
productive and fun workplace
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  cambridge18 August 2015
very positive work environment! I have another part time job and they were very accommodating in scheduling around those hours, as they were different every week. Really great management, expectations are clear and training is thorough.
productive and postive people
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton,ON13 January 2015
-I've learned how to treat and respect customers
-since working in retail I've developed my communication skills
my co-workers were fun and positive but completed everything -needed to be done
-I've learned how to take initiative. I don't like standing and doing nothing. I enjoy being kept busy
- I really enjoyed when the store was open and I was able to help costumers and make them feel welcomed
Pros
discounts
Cons
short hours
Retail
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 November 2015
American Eagle is a great retail experience for anyone starting out in the work force. The employees are great to work as well as the management team.
Fun work environment
Saltes Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 May 2015
Great job, only downside is only getting scheduled a few ours a week. Typical work week will be 2-3 4 hour shifts. Great co-workers and management. Hardest part of the day is transitioning to standing on your feet for 4 hours in a row. Most rewarding part of job is helping families purchase clothes.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Exciting and Productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON23 December 2014
A day at American Eagle is always adventurous and fun; I come in like every other day going by the company routines and protocols. The management is the best so far and the co-workers are supportive and cheerful people at all times. The hardest part of the job is having to stand all through the shift and the best part of the job is relating with co-workers and most importantly giving customers that good quality customer service and seeing the smile of satisfaction on their faces.
Good first job
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 August 2015
American Eagle is an amazing job with lots of opportunities. It is a typical retail job from 9-5 and that's why I didn't stay there. It's not always high pace but it can be- especially around holidays and back to school. Good company.
Amazing experience and first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  fairview mall26 January 2015
• Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints in a friendly manner.
• Assist customers with product selection and inquiries.
• Maintain a clean, neat and correctly stocked check stand and safe and secure work area.
• Offer advice to clients regarding products.
• Process payment and operate cash register.
Pros
discounts, great hours, great environment
Great
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC25 December 2014
You start with a ''pre-party'', where they warm you up for the day, then you help customers and clean up the store. I learned all kind of jeans. Management is great and will always help you if there is issues. The hardest part is the clean up the store after the day, what we call the Close. The most enjoyable part is to interact with people.
Pros
You have time outside of work
Cons
You don't have enough work hours per month
customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2015
was a good wrok environment i would work for them again if it was more like managament but interacting with customers and helping customers each day was awesome and made me love working with the public
Pros
head sets
Cons
not enough hours
Energetic and productive workplace with a friendly staff/team.
Monthly Floor Set Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairview Park Mall, Kitchener, ON.7 August 2014
One shift consists of changing multiple displays throughout the store. Everyone has a set, individual job to do, sometimes two or three at a time. We are all willing to help one another complete a task if needed. I find that changing the displays higher up on a wall is the most difficult part. The best part is that we listen to great music throughout the shift.
Pros
Only a couple of shifts a month, doesn't clash with other events on my schedule.
Cons
After mall hours, can go late into the night.
slow and boring but good people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 July 2014
I would stand around for 5 hours folding clothes most of the time on weekdays the mall wasn't busy at all barely any costumers came in. On weekends got really busy that when the days seemed to go by quicker.
Learned to be nice to everyone even if they aren't to you being able to clean up well.
Co-workers were nice and friendly and we all got along quite nice
Hardest part was unpacking new clothes and redesigning the store every few months
Most enjoyable part was seeing my friends and talking to people
Management wasn't very organized
Pros
got 50% off everything in the store except sale items
Cons
the days were slow if it wasnt busy
Fantastic Workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, Ontario28 May 2014
A typical day at work for me is just talking to customers; making sure they are satisfied, assist them in any way, and completing their transactions at the cash. Management consists of fantastic people (they could give more hours to existing employees rather than hiring new ones). My co-workers are fantastic! We are like a family. The hardest part of my job is doing floorset (bringing the old clothes in and the new ones out). Other than that I enjoy every aspect of my job.
Pros
Discount, great people, fun job
Cons
Few hours

American Eagle Outfitters Reviews by Location