American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Great for students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 May 2017
Great position for students. I have been there for 5 years while working through university. Great culture, amazing ream, and good leadership. Willing to work around your schedule, and are very flexible.
Pros
Family culture
Cons
Hours are sparse, have to pick up extra shifts to get more hours
fun
Part time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2017
good place to work while I was in school, get paid minimum wage, with no incentive to work as hard as they want you to. management is fantastic and accommodating to personal life
A fun and beneficial workplace
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2017
American Eagle Outfitters has a friendly staff that is very welcoming to new employees. Most of the customers are kind and if ever an employee needs help, it is given easily. Employees also receive a considerable discount for the store.
Pros
Discount at store
Cons
Short hours
Productive and Fun place to work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2017
* Getting into work, Saying high to everyone, helping customers, folding clothes, just being there for customers when they need it.
*I learned how to be attentive to the needs of customers and be able to provide them with great service
*The management was very kind and helpful towards building you to become better at what your doing.
*The workplace culture was very friendly and well staffed
*the hardest part of the job was having to be very mobile and staying on your feet for a long period of time
*The best part of job was having a great discount and meeting a lot of new people
Pros
Discounts
Cons
A lot of running around
The WORST place I have ever worked.
Sales & Back Room Stock associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 April 2017
Management was rude to employees, would yell and swear at employees in front of other employees and customers. Management would get frustrated when a task was not understood and instead of taking the time to explain how to do what was required, would yell and swear and make employee cry. Absoloutly the worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Short length in shifts, 4hrs.
Cons
Hostile environment
Fun workplace
Sales Associate(Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON25 April 2017
Really nice, friendly and welcoming employees and managers. It's a pretty easy job but you do have to be on your feet for a while, nothing that some bandages can't help you out with. Great place to be working if you're really good with talking to people and a very helpful person.
Pros
Friendly employees
Good Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2017
The management is very supportive and caring, they are encouraging and are helpful especially to new works. It is a great place to work on customer service skills. The other associates also add to a great work environment. I learned the ins and outs of retail work, that have helped me in future events.
Entry Level Job
Jean Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2017
Nothing more and nothing less. You'll learn valuable customer service skills and quite a bit on fashion.
The job experience is largely dependent on the team and management. Good management will make the job a lot more fun.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Few hours
Awesome Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
american eagle was my first job at 16, and the world of retail was easily accessible through their management. they teach you new approaches to the retail world, all while being super helpful for you to have the opportunity to advance. it would be considered a difficult job if you don't have the drive to approach people or have the ambition to sell products, but overall the job was based around simple tasks
Pros
discounted jeans
Typical part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
Hours changed weekly, management was ok feeling of dissoragnization amongst coworkers, not much room to grow or improve, customers were often not polite
Fun Job!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA4 April 2017
I worked here in grade 12 while I was living in the states. It is fast paced but also quite enjoyable - interacting with customers and helping them find what they need, improving your interpersonal skills, and getting some experience behind the register and dealing with customer complaints are all skills to use for future jobs!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Extremely busy at times
Great easy place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2017
Fun people, great management that is always easy and laid back. Shifts are extremely flexible. Low stress environment. You will learn to work as a team together and make the best of the job.
great work place positive work environment
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2017
A typical day at work would've been a short fast paced shift. It gave me skills on how to deal with customers and help make them have the best experience possible and leave smiling. Our managerial staff were quick to correct us if we ever made a mistake in a positive and encouraging fashion. The hardest part of the job would've been trying to outsell my fellow employees but the sense of competition definitely made the time more enjoyable go by faster.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
senior staff members
Upbeat and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
Working here was always fun, The music was great and the co-workers always kept you upbeat and happy, we were always busy and being productive. It was a great experiance
Cons
seasonal
Great place, great people!
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 March 2017
Loved the environment. Very welcoming, beautiful people, fun when time was set for it, and business when it was called for. Wish I didn't have to leave.
Pros
Loving, warm environment.
Cons
Overnight shift + full-time job = sleeping at full-time job.
fun place to work but dramatic co-workers
Sales/Merchandising Lead (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB28 March 2017
Many of the management seemed immature. The part time staff was incredible and great incentives with regards to discounts and promotions. Overall not a bad employment.
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 March 2017
I absolutely loved going into work at American Eagle. The enviroment was so relaxed, and the whole staff was like one giant family. Because of the constant flow of customers, being able to socialize with them and build relationships really enhanced my communication skills as a whole. The management was great and they were always so understanding and never made you feel pressured and uneasy. Overall, Great workplace
Pros
Getting to socialize with people
Cons
no cons
Great Company
Second Level Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
The people at work make the experience all the better, the store is great to their employees and offer generous discounts at all its stores and sister stores
Jean Expert (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC26 March 2017
American Eagle Fairview is a great place to work the people are always fun and helpful. The job is simple and enjoyable. In a day I serve customers by helping them find the perfect pair of jeans.
High paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 March 2017
Overall, the experience is quite enjoyable. The associates are very friendly. As a team everyone works very well together allowing us to accomplish many tasks. The environment can range from very slow, to very high paced. Management has gone down. Some managers tend to be lazy, however the associates know what needs to be done and take the initiative to accomplish such
Pros
Great Associates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.