American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Quick paced, but judgemental
SALES AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dufferin Mall, Toronto, ON6 February 2016
You would sign in, and not really be told what you were going to be doing that day. There wasn't much training and they didn't inform you of promotions going on. Also it was a very judgemental environment, like if you didn't wear the right clothes you could tell that you were being judged by your manager and coworkers.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Bad environment
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2016
Fun people to work with, management is great and the most enjoyable part of my day is organizing and cleaning. I've learned about the buisness and daily patience.
Pros
The people I work with are amazing
Cons
Salary
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC31 January 2016
Easy place to work at. Very relaxed. Customers are easy to work with. Focus is on the sales quota. Had to focus on customers sense of fashion and use that to make sales. Management is very relaxed. Very fun to work.
Pros
Relaxed Workplace
Cons
Not Enough Hours
American Eagle sales associate jobs carry multiple responsibilities. Primary job duties for American Eagle sales associates include providing customer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 January 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me helping customers with their needs in the fashion sector. I learned several things such as how to give excellent customer service. The management was great and I got along with my co-workers.
Pros
80% discounts
Ae
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 January 2016
Excellent place to work; do not want to leave; management is excellent and coworkers are amazing
Love interacting with the customers and getting a feel of who they are through their fashion
sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2016
My typical day at work is greeting customers, letting everyone know our promotions for the day, cashing customers items and helping customers choosing outfits.
Pros
great work ethic
Cons
short hours
Fast-paced environment
Team Leader and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2016
Get ready to work! The staff is friendly, but the company has standards to be respected at all times (visual, merchandising, employee behaviour, etc). Not doing so could result in a significant reduction in work hours, as AEO prioritizes efficient workers over everything else
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
unstable hours
Good part time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2016
Sales goals are really high but are reachable if you are good at communication and sales. Management is extremely helpful and friendly. The team and environment is very relaxed.
Great people but terrible hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 January 2016
I started of in the company as a Co-op student and loved it. Then i got hired on around Christmas. I would often be doing my 4 hours of co-op have a very little break (maybe half an hour) and then have to be back to work my paid shift. They have too many staff kept on as part time so a lot of people get forgotten about and end up with no hours.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
little-no hours after seasonal peeks
Worked as a stock associate
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 January 2016
I worked in the back room of the store where I learned how to do inventory as well as organizational skills. The management was friendly and i had good co workers.
Pros
Never boring
Retail
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 November 2015
American Eagle is a great retail experience for anyone starting out in the work force. The employees are great to work as well as the management team.
High energy environment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 November 2015
I have only worked here for a short amount of time, but in this time I have already learnt a lot.
I have learnt a ton about the product, I learnt the different procedures then what I am used to.
I really enjoy working at American Eagle because my co-workers all have the same attitude I have, we all like to have fun and enjoy working. Dealing with customers comes naturally to me. I enjoy talking to new people and helping customers out.
Managers are treated poorly and hear nothing but negative
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Albert20 November 2015
All our management team ever heard was how poorly we were doing without any leadership or direction to improve.

I closed every Saturday. I worked the split every Tuesday. I worked every holiday, and was never scheduled a lieu day. Contract is for 44 hours but I was frequently told to "suck it up" when scheduled for 50 or more.
Good place with good people
STOCK LEAD (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2015
I'm in charge of the shipments. We get deliveries every day, of new clothes, and replenishments of older stock. I organise, fold and sort away these products. I'm also responsible for the visual layout of the store, and the cleanliness and general upkeep of the back store. I'm on a headset with my managers at all time, to discuss the running of the store, and fulfilling customer requests for products not available on the shop floor.
Cons
Unstable job hours.
Fun
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC5 November 2015
Morning shift ; open cashes, get all paper work ready (schedule/deposits/audit the paper work from last night).
Once the store is open , while providing costumer service, as a manager on the floor , I had to do administrative tasks.
Hardest part of the job was being low staff and having lots of costumer , and making sure they were all taking care of. Definitely being able to multitask was a must.
Most enjoyable part of the job was having a good time with co-workers and costumer. When you are able to connect with costumers
Pros
good employee discount
Cons
long hours standing up/ almost no free weekend
Fun place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2015
People were friendly and nice environment. The workplace was space limited and too must dust and stocking. Learned new things about sales.
Very Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 October 2015
Manager's weren't very understanding, felt as though they had favorite employees and they showed it. It felt like they didn't care if you failed or not.
fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  surrey, BC18 September 2015
I had a great time working here. Making a connection with the customer is pretty easy with with me because I do get along with pretty much anybody. I have a nice and polite personality that i do use to win a customer over so that i can encourage them to add more clothes in order to make more sales, which means my metrics will be high.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2015
I really enjoy working at American Eagle. I love the products we sell. It is very fast paced and busy which I like. The staff is great. The home / work life balance is not very good but it seems to be getting better.
Pros
Very busy and fast paced
Cons
work alot of evenings and weekends
Easy and Fun
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey BC11 September 2015
Worked in the back, organized floorset. Respected by managers and helped whenever needed instructions.
Co-workers were easy to work with, everyone was on the same page and made a great culture.