American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2016
I only worked there for a season but it was fun and filled with laughter and i always got to work and left work smiling. Never had a dull day at work, working with them.
Great place to work!
GREETER (Former Employee) –  Peterborough ON16 July 2016
American Eagle is a very fun, relaxed and friendly work environment. Everyone gets along great and makes you feel part of the team.
Fun workplace with great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 July 2016
learned how important team building is and the most enjoyable part of working here is the appreciation people have when you help them.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not enough hours
productive, punctual, patient, leader, organized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2016
friendly co-workers and a management team.
Disciplined yet fun environment.
working with difficult customers is the challenging part of this job or every customer service job.
the most enjoyable part of this job is working with people, promoting the store and working with other workers who are enthusiastic on the sale floor.
Work focused space with a fast paced environment
"Overnight Merchandise Associate" (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2016
Fast paced work environment with a lot of tasks at hand constantly. Most of my shift were casual overnight shifts. the hardest part of my job was how it went overnight.
Good First Job
Cash Lead among Stylist and Jean Expert Training (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2016
Great company with good hands on training. Learned a lot about the retail/customer service world. Very little pay for high expectations. Friendly staff and work environment.The way they schedule staff can be a bit biased, but other than that, good hours if you put in the effort. As retail is a very high paced job at times, the training learned had many tips on how to control a stressful situation.
Pros
Friendly staff, enjoyable work environment, interactive training, free items
Cons
Little pay, stressful (at times)
They're terrible for overhiring
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 June 2016
I have't worked since boxing day 2016 because they haven't figured out that there are associates who haven't worked in forever.
Pros
During busy hours work is enjoyable
Cons
Can be boring during dead hours, not a lot of options tasking-wise; some coworkers are a little catty
Regional role
Regional Director Canada (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 June 2016
Very weak leadership in this company. Directional no involvement required to work there. Canada is at the mercy of the USA.
not enough hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 June 2016
Doesn't offer a lot of hours, shifts are usually only three hours long. Although the staff is friendly and the environment is welcoming
Pros
great discounts
Cons
management
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 May 2016
Great way to meet and greet customers and learn different sales techniques. Learn to multi-task and work with different people.
Fun work place!
Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 May 2016
I loved working here. Great environment. I learned many things working here, such as customer service, cleaning techniques and handling cash. Management was fantastic and very accommodating with my schedule.
Pros
Fun environment
Fun, welcoming work environment
Sales Associate / Replenish (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 May 2016
A typical day at work included simply refolding and refolding clothes, I did not learn much other than organization skills because the management thought I paid attention to details well which benefited the looks of the store. Management was very nice and willing to help for the most part which was nice. The coworkers were harder to get along with and there was not as much teamwork involved within shifts which was a new experience for me after working at McDonald's. The hardest part of the job was trying to accomplish the goals because the up selling process was more different than McDonald's but it was still a relatively easy work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers figure out a nice outfit for certain occasions and seeing them glow up when they find something they feel good in.
Pros
Great discounts, great experience, fun management
Cons
Replen can be difficult when unorganized, customers are sometimes extremely difficult, hard to advance in the job
it was a fun place to work at, but it was unorganized.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC9 May 2016
the work environment was fun, everyone would try to help each other out. shifts were cut short often and changes to the schedule were spontaneous. work was simple and easy to do, you work quickly and sometimes customers were rude but you just have to work through that.
Pros
you get good discounts on clothes
Cons
unorganized
Productive and costumer driven sales environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2016
A typical day at work for a seasonal sales associate at American Eagle, consisted of clocking in, and finding out what area in the store I was to cover.
I learned how to be patient and how to appropriately handle costumers to provide the most satisfying shopping experience during the holidays.
The management were exceptional. Great people, welcoming, and available to provide assistance when needed.
Co-workers were great as well.
The hardest part of the job was trying to manage the demands of the various costumers that came in the store.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide costumers with a satisfying experience.
Great workplace environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON30 April 2016
Watch a video on the latest news and promotions for the store then fill out a goal sheet for the day. It gave me more confidence since you had to approach people and try to get them to buy clothes. Hardest part of the job was to try and influence customers when their minds were made up.
Pros
Snacks in the backroom
Cons
Cut shifts at the last minute, not being scheduled for weeks
Ignorant Management
Sales Associate / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 April 2016
Honestly, I loved my job up until they got new assistant managers who were nothing but rude and ignorant towards the employees.

Everything was done by favoritism, and that was done by who would do the most for each manager within the store. if you didn't do what they wanted (non-work related) you were treated awful.

Besides the Management team (excluding 2 people) my co-workers were AMAZING. i loved working with everyone and teaching them all new things and making sure they were having an amazing day!

The hardest part of the job would probly be keeping up with every customer and their needs.

The most enjoyable park of the job would be getting to see the look on someone' s face when you help them find something that makes them not only look but feel amazing in!
Pros
Great Associates, Great customers
Cons
rude and ignorant management
Productive and fun work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 April 2016
There were many different sections to be placed per shift, for example one shift I would be strictly cash, the next shift I would be strictly sales and selling on the floor, another shift I could be working the fitting rooms. Lots of variety which is what made the job enjoyable. The co-workers were very tight knit and always stood by each others side.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours
Horrible Manager
Refused (Former Employee) –  Refused18 April 2016
My manager was horrific. Two assistants, a manager-in-training, a shift lead, and a lead cashier left in 4 weeks out of frustration. Manager would scream at employees and run around barking orders. Even customers complained because the manager was yelling on the floor.
i had fun in this job
PART- TIME SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 April 2016
I learned a lot regarding customer service, selling and even keeping the store up to standard, I have also learned how to execute floorset instructions and it basically gives you more hours especially when you can work late.
American Eagle review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2016
Doing my coop at A&E was definitely a good choice. learned so much from working their. There where times I thought they were overly using me, but at the end of the day I got a lot of experience and I'm happy about that.
Pros
I got half off all store items.
Cons
They worked me hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.