American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Fun
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC5 November 2015
Morning shift ; open cashes, get all paper work ready (schedule/deposits/audit the paper work from last night).
Once the store is open , while providing costumer service, as a manager on the floor , I had to do administrative tasks.
Hardest part of the job was being low staff and having lots of costumer , and making sure they were all taking care of. Definitely being able to multitask was a must.
Most enjoyable part of the job was having a good time with co-workers and costumer. When you are able to connect with costumers
Pros
good employee discount
Cons
long hours standing up/ almost no free weekend
Fun place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2015
People were friendly and nice environment. The workplace was space limited and too must dust and stocking. Learned new things about sales.
Very Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 October 2015
Manager's weren't very understanding, felt as though they had favorite employees and they showed it. It felt like they didn't care if you failed or not.
fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  surrey, BC18 September 2015
I had a great time working here. Making a connection with the customer is pretty easy with with me because I do get along with pretty much anybody. I have a nice and polite personality that i do use to win a customer over so that i can encourage them to add more clothes in order to make more sales, which means my metrics will be high.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2015
I really enjoy working at American Eagle. I love the products we sell. It is very fast paced and busy which I like. The staff is great. The home / work life balance is not very good but it seems to be getting better.
Pros
Very busy and fast paced
Cons
work alot of evenings and weekends
Easy and Fun
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey BC11 September 2015
Worked in the back, organized floorset. Respected by managers and helped whenever needed instructions.
Co-workers were easy to work with, everyone was on the same page and made a great culture.
Fast paced yet still very fun work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 September 2015
Each day is something new with American Eagle Outfitters.

Retail is an ever changing industry and AEO has a much more desirable position in the global market than in previous years. Having recently opened locations over seas this year in the UK, American Eagle is a globally known brand that really understands the fundamentals of putting your customer first.

The most enjoyable part of work was the amazing team I had. It makes coming into work easier knowing you are part of such a close knit team of individuals with the same passion for customer service.

As part of the management team, we were very involved with our associates, providing constant coaching and training to ensure a sales driven team. I had the opportunity to work with various store managers and various district managers and I feel the one thing AEO lacks is company consistency. Involvement from both your SM and DM varied greatly. While each had the opportunity to contribute, some chose to procrastinate ultimately leading to a snowball affect, leading to a loss of sales and a negative impact on daily operations.

The most difficult aspect of working at AEO was the payroll ladder. Payrolls and sales are very dependent on each other. When payroll isn't invested wisely or situations don't entirely play out as you were hoping, your store could suffer greatly. As a result, if management didn't put in extra hours (of unpaid work since they are salaried), many tasks could not be completed with the various payroll cuts made over the past couple years.

The company provided many opportunities for advancement,
  more... various gifts for associates, rewards for hitting KPI's and this year, flew all store managers to Florida for a company wide meeting.  less
Pros
great reward systems, great team, opportunity for advancement
Cons
long hours, unpaid overtime, lack of available payroll
great environment where I have learnt so much and enjoyed offering above-average customer service everyday.
Server (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 September 2015
A typical day at work involved assisting managers to serve customers at the sales counter, offering face-to-face advice to customers on the store products, maintaining phone lines and direct callers to appropriate department, managing cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies, and Volunteer for additional shifts and tasks. It has been an amazing experience working with the best team.
Fun place to Work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Great place for learning customer service skills and how to deal in a fast paced environment.
Supportive environment.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 September 2015
Always motivated to be the best I can be.
Meet different people, either by customers or co-workers.
Everyday is always a different day, despite the system.
Interacting with people of different backgrounds and personalities.
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
Short hours
It was a fun work enviroment
Sales Assoociate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 August 2015
American Eagle Outfitters was a fun and good place to work but if you're not a good seller or don't like to force people to buy stuff this isn't your ideal job. I was comfortable with forcing people to buy stuff or using my selling techniques.
Pros
great enviroment, friends with all your coworkers and managers
Cons
not enough hours
Energetic Day at Work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 August 2015
* Clean the floors and windows
* Open the store for the day
* Stock & fold the clothing
* Promote the promotions
* Handle the cash register
* Customer service at the fitting rooms
Pros
Good sales & busy days
Cons
Not making sales
great place to work
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2015
Very fast paced environment. Dealing with different types of customers. Need to know different areas of the store and need to handle any types of questions related to the store.
Pros
people
Cons
nothing
customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2015
was a good wrok environment i would work for them again if it was more like managament but interacting with customers and helping customers each day was awesome and made me love working with the public
Pros
head sets
Cons
not enough hours
productive and fun workplace
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  cambridge18 August 2015
very positive work environment! I have another part time job and they were very accommodating in scheduling around those hours, as they were different every week. Really great management, expectations are clear and training is thorough.
Good first job
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 August 2015
American Eagle is an amazing job with lots of opportunities. It is a typical retail job from 9-5 and that's why I didn't stay there. It's not always high pace but it can be- especially around holidays and back to school. Good company.
Enjoy customer interactions on daily basis
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba28 July 2015
A typical day at work is reviewing sales and any goals needed to complete the day. Greeting customers and helping them outfit themselves or whomever they are purchasing items for.
Informing all staff on the promotions, where they are scheduled to work and offering them daily advice on how they can improve overall production.
wonderful
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 July 2015
The culture and the way that each team members contributions are valued creates an amazing work environment.
Contests and generous gifts from the company based on our performance were exciting and inspiring.
Pros
great team
Amercian Eagle
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON7 July 2015
When you first get a job with Amercian Eagle you start off with good amount of hours and then once you have been there for a long time then you don't get enough hours and then people just start quitting.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  niagara on the lake, ON29 June 2015
i would walk the floor, making sure everything in my section looked clean and tidy, help customers find whatever they may be looking for, either being for themselves or shopping for a gift, checking for sizes, and making sure they felt welcomed within the store. i would also be in fits, helping customers with outfit choices, making sure they had the right sizes, and cleaning out the fitting room and getting the next person in line in to the room.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Only seasonal

American Eagle Outfitters Reviews by Location