American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

fun place to work but dramatic co-workers
Sales/Merchandising Lead (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB28 March 2017
Many of the management seemed immature. The part time staff was incredible and great incentives with regards to discounts and promotions. Overall not a bad employment.
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 March 2017
I absolutely loved going into work at American Eagle. The enviroment was so relaxed, and the whole staff was like one giant family. Because of the constant flow of customers, being able to socialize with them and build relationships really enhanced my communication skills as a whole. The management was great and they were always so understanding and never made you feel pressured and uneasy. Overall, Great workplace
Pros
Getting to socialize with people
Cons
no cons
Great Company
Second Level Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
The people at work make the experience all the better, the store is great to their employees and offer generous discounts at all its stores and sister stores
Jean Expert (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC26 March 2017
American Eagle Fairview is a great place to work the people are always fun and helpful. The job is simple and enjoyable. In a day I serve customers by helping them find the perfect pair of jeans.
High paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 March 2017
Overall, the experience is quite enjoyable. The associates are very friendly. As a team everyone works very well together allowing us to accomplish many tasks. The environment can range from very slow, to very high paced. Management has gone down. Some managers tend to be lazy, however the associates know what needs to be done and take the initiative to accomplish such
Pros
Great Associates
fast paced, not many hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2017
i liked working there but the management isn't the best and not getting enough hours it was just a summer job that paid minimum wage and wasnt worth the hassle
Pros
discount
Cons
no hours
Environnement de travail agréable.
Gérante de magasin (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC9 March 2017
J'ai bien aimé faire parti de cette équipe, J'aime le travail que je dois accomplir ainsi que la gestion d 'employés. Mon but actuel est de me trouver un emploi qui me fera vivre de nouveaux défis.
Pros
Très bonne équipe.
Cons
Compagnie américaine
A Place to Find a Good First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2017
I worked at American Eagle directly out of high school, and it provided an opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and allowed for experience in a sales environment.
Was not enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2017
Was not an enjoyable. Management and other employees were not very friendly. They were constantly judging employees and customers.
A relaxed work environment that is fun and engaging as well as productive and entertaining
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 February 2017
I worked at American Eagle for 4 years and really enjoyed my time there. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for retail experience. I worked at AE during high school and was able to effectively balance my schooling with my work schedule and management was more than willing to accommodate my various schedules.

Want to know more about American Eagle Outfitters?

Ask a question
Fun Workplace
Sales, lead (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 February 2017
American Eagle was a fun, relaxed workplace to be in. The co- workers along with customers were fantastic. I learned new things everyday as well with more ways to go about sucessfully completing what I need to in a day. There was never a bad day.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Only a 10 minute break in a full day
It was fun & very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red deer22 February 2017
The workers there are very friendly & fun. They have good pay & good breaks. The managers were very nice & made sure you knew what you were doing. The discounts were great & the clothing there is good too
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
Good starting job
Cashier, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2017
Enjoy working here. Good hours when given shifts, but cannot rely on receiving hours. Friendly environment. Gained many customer service skills.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Inconsistent working hours
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2017
a typical day at work would include helping customers find what they need and helping out at cash. i earned how to multi-task as multiple customers would ask me questions. the management was very good and helped out a lot. the hardest part of the job was trying to help out multiple customers at a time and ensuring they got what they needed. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with al of my friends.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
not many hours
fun, easy going
Jean Expert Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
A typical day at work looks like:
you get there and depending on how many customers are there you help as many as you can first. if the store isn't too busy then you start to maintain the store, meaning you refold things that need to be refolded and you size things so that everything is in order so its easier for the customer to find.
I've learned to put peoples needs before my own comfort and to be more forward with what I might need or what the customer might need.
The hardest part about the job is probably that one does a lot of work and might not always be noticed and rewarded for that. For example, say one sold a lot of denim and made a lot of sales, its not guaranteed that they will get more hours because of that.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you finally find everything the customer wanted or even helped to substitute with items that they wanted and they leave happy. Another enjoyable part of the job is the relationships one makes with either their coworkers or even with some of the customers.
Pros
people are really nice
Cons
not many hours to go around
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
American Eagle was a great job to get into the field of retail. I learned many useful skills such as attentive customer service, efficiency, and independence.
Dynamic and diverse workplace with some of the best managers
Sales Associate/Cash Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2017
I really enjoy the people that I work with. I think that is the best part of working in this retail environment. My managers have always been very professional as well as positive and motivating. Every one of my fellow associates has been very accepting and genuinely fun to work with.
Pros
Great management and coworkers
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 February 2017
Fast paced environment where you are encouraged to take on multiple tasks at once, but company believes in growth and promotion from within
Seasonal Employee
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 January 2017
Gave me as many hours as i needed and the other staff members were always helpful when i needed a shift covered. Some managers were a little rude compared to the others but overall good management.
Great Place to Work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  BC27 January 2017
Wonderful company, great benefits, job is structured. Upper management needs to provide more support but overall a wonderful company.
Benefits
Cons
Corporate level support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval