American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Great workplace with lots of opportunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 December 2016
Typical day as a AEO sales associate consists of working on excellence by providing extensive help to customers while displaying a positive drive and attitude.
Pros
Good comradely in the workplace
Cons
Short breaks
fun, laid back, positive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2016
A typical day at work is usually me cleaning in the morning if I were to open as well as going along and signing bank deposit forms.
If I were a mid shifter then I do a lot of customer service and selling of the product as well as helping keep the tills going.
The hardest part of the job is making sure to keep every single customer happy, just because not everyone is going to be happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job are those times you make a customer happy enough that they leave the store with a smile on their face.
AEO Canada Distribution Centre & Transportation
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2016
Great place to work, very tight family atmosphere at this facility. Large number of staff with long tenure (8 plus years), so there is a lot of experience and confidence in overcoming business or seasonal challenges.

Strong program for on-boarding new associates, supported with a very detailed online and classroom training program.

Consistent with rewards for effort for individuals and groups; bbq's, outside events. Recognition is given often.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 December 2016
Given zones at work, but their is alot of favourtism. Not much advancement but a really fun and cheerful work environment. excellent employee discounts
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 November 2016
this is a great place to work I just wish there was more hours going around because the team there is amazing. the job is talking to people all day and meeting new people which I love to do, talking about the deals and different clothes telling people what is most comfortable to dress in and also what looks good on them.
Pros
great deals for employees.
Cons
not enough hours
its a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 November 2016
I like working there because it gives me the opportunity to work with other people with different personality and that helps me to be more sociable with others.
Pros
discount
Cons
rude customers
Friendly environment and coworkers, good benefits
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
Working at American Eagle was a beneficial experience as a first job. I met a lot of wonderful people and truly enjoyed a day of work and had a lot of fun on the job. There was a great discount for employees at 60% off. The managers were all very friendly and always doing their best to help me learn as much as possible. The hardest part of the job was definitely the commute but it was manageable. The managers were very lenient with my hours and always payed attention to my availability which was a plus.
Pros
Generous employee discount, great group of coworkers
Cons
Longer commute
Fun, relaxed job and environment - totally on brand
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2016
Enjoyed keeping things in order behind the scenes so that I and my coworkers could keep the atmosphere of the store able to run smoothly and happily on even the busiest days of the holiday shopping season.
Pros
Great people, low-stress
Cons
Minimal hours
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2016
working at american eagle was fun because they have good management, co-workers are friendly and managers are amazing. i learned a lot from this store such as managing your time is important. The hardest part of the job was when there's a lot of things to do such as when the season is changing, we need to change the physical appearance of the store. However the most enjoyable part of the job is whenever the store is in sale.
Pros
free brakes
Friendly, Productive, Fun and Unique Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
At American Eagle I would fold clothing, greet customers, stock shelves, and help with closing the store. I enjoyed all the people I worked with and spoke to, well an employee at American Eagle. This is a fantastic place to work the people are wonderful and extremely friendly.
great place
Back Shop Employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 October 2016
awsome place loved the staff the managers were aswome we all joked around and it was fun got a mall discount and that was great and also got deals on clothing too
Pros
discounts awsome staff
Cons
repetative work
Amazing!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 September 2016
The managers and staff were beautiful people! Everyone was so accepting and it was a fun place to be. It was constantly a busy place and as a person that likes to be kept busy, it was awesome.
Pros
the discount
Cons
not enough hours
Friendly environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2016
This is a great place to work, I would recommend it to anyone. Very good, atmosphere and environment. Lots of growth within this company.
Sales associate
Sales Associate/Stock (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2016
I have been working here for several years and highly recommend this company for a part-time job as a student. Company culture is fun and vibrant, and really makes it a pleasure to go into work every day.
Great Place to work at for PART TIME
Fashion Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
If your a student looking for a job with flexible hours and great staff then this Is a place for you. Friendly staff, great discounts and rewards and a fun place you would enjoy working at
Productive and great for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
great for students, it is mostly folding cloths and helping customers and doing stock the people are nice and are hard workers. the hardest part of the job was running back and forth to find cloths that are in the back for the customers. Getting to know people would have been the best part.
Pros
lunch breaks, good people to work with
Fun and easy workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 September 2016
Co-workers are fun and the job itself is basic. The hardest part of the job would be on a busy day and having to talk to everyone in the store and making sure everyone has their needs met in a timely and polite manner. Managers are tight about rules, managing the staff and keeping everyone productive.
Pros
Work Discounts, Paid breaks
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace , provided goo costumer servive skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 September 2016
relationship building with the costumer and putting them first and making sure they leave with a good experience. Tasking at down time, putting out new product.
learned how to multitask and prioritize and improved my conversation skills
hardest part of the jobs was not receiving enough hours and being understaffed , most enjoyable part of the job was gaining more skills
management is young but still did a good job
coworkers are amazing and made work more enjoyable
Pros
costumer service skills
Cons
not enough hours
Fun work environment, great co-workers
Stock Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
For a part time retail job it was probably the best. Typical days could vary between being really slow or to being quite busy.
Pros
Discounts on clothing, good work environment
Cons
Retail, part-time only
longer then advertissed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 August 2016
I worked for american eagle for roughly 2 months in that time i had only 3 shifts that were meant to be 4 hour all turned into 8 hour-10 hour shifts. besides that the discounts were amazing!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.