American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

it was not the best, but it was not the worst
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2017
ultimately i cant complain much about my experience working in the environment past my own problems with co workers. it wasn't overwhelming the best job i've had, not was it the worst; the job was also not anything to write home about.
Pros
experience
Cons
rude and biased managers
Aeo
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB8 May 2017
As an employee that had been there for so long, I had really flexible hours (if i needed to book time off etc.)

Lots of management so any issues are usually handled fast.
Wonderful Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 May 2017
I was a sales associate. I worked with customers on the sales floor as well as in the fitting rooms. I helped close and open. Worked the cash. This job helped me learn how to work with people.
Pros
great management
Great place to work, But lacking some other parts
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2017
Was a great place to work, but lacking culture and job work/life balance, they would tell you to do one thing, then they would want another with out giving direction.
Pros
nice people
Great for students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 May 2017
Great position for students. I have been there for 5 years while working through university. Great culture, amazing ream, and good leadership. Willing to work around your schedule, and are very flexible.
Pros
Family culture
Cons
Hours are sparse, have to pick up extra shifts to get more hours
fun
Part time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2017
good place to work while I was in school, get paid minimum wage, with no incentive to work as hard as they want you to. management is fantastic and accommodating to personal life
A fun and beneficial workplace
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2017
American Eagle Outfitters has a friendly staff that is very welcoming to new employees. Most of the customers are kind and if ever an employee needs help, it is given easily. Employees also receive a considerable discount for the store.
Pros
Discount at store
Cons
Short hours
Productive and Fun place to work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2017
* Getting into work, Saying high to everyone, helping customers, folding clothes, just being there for customers when they need it.
*I learned how to be attentive to the needs of customers and be able to provide them with great service
*The management was very kind and helpful towards building you to become better at what your doing.
*The workplace culture was very friendly and well staffed
*the hardest part of the job was having to be very mobile and staying on your feet for a long period of time
*The best part of job was having a great discount and meeting a lot of new people
Pros
Discounts
Cons
A lot of running around
The WORST place I have ever worked.
Sales & Back Room Stock associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 April 2017
Management was rude to employees, would yell and swear at employees in front of other employees and customers. Management would get frustrated when a task was not understood and instead of taking the time to explain how to do what was required, would yell and swear and make employee cry. Absoloutly the worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Short length in shifts, 4hrs.
Cons
Hostile environment
Fun workplace
Sales Associate(Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON25 April 2017
Really nice, friendly and welcoming employees and managers. It's a pretty easy job but you do have to be on your feet for a while, nothing that some bandages can't help you out with. Great place to be working if you're really good with talking to people and a very helpful person.
Pros
Friendly employees
Good Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2017
The management is very supportive and caring, they are encouraging and are helpful especially to new works. It is a great place to work on customer service skills. The other associates also add to a great work environment. I learned the ins and outs of retail work, that have helped me in future events.
Entry Level Job
Jean Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2017
Nothing more and nothing less. You'll learn valuable customer service skills and quite a bit on fashion.
The job experience is largely dependent on the team and management. Good management will make the job a lot more fun.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Few hours
Awesome Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
american eagle was my first job at 16, and the world of retail was easily accessible through their management. they teach you new approaches to the retail world, all while being super helpful for you to have the opportunity to advance. it would be considered a difficult job if you don't have the drive to approach people or have the ambition to sell products, but overall the job was based around simple tasks
Pros
discounted jeans
Productive and fun workplace
Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON5 April 2017
A typical day at work involves helping customers, cleaning up the store and organizing store items. I learned how to serve customers, size/fold clothing, and gain overall retail experience. The management is great, there are some days we could do better as a team but overall, everyone is productive and the workplace is well managed. The hardest part of the job is on the overly busy days, trying to help customers while cleaning up the store and clearing out fitting rooms, but it gets done. The most enjoyable part is making connection, and having a great experience working with others.
Typical part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
Hours changed weekly, management was ok feeling of dissoragnization amongst coworkers, not much room to grow or improve, customers were often not polite
Fun Job!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA4 April 2017
I worked here in grade 12 while I was living in the states. It is fast paced but also quite enjoyable - interacting with customers and helping them find what they need, improving your interpersonal skills, and getting some experience behind the register and dealing with customer complaints are all skills to use for future jobs!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Extremely busy at times
Great easy place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2017
Fun people, great management that is always easy and laid back. Shifts are extremely flexible. Low stress environment. You will learn to work as a team together and make the best of the job.
great work place positive work environment
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2017
A typical day at work would've been a short fast paced shift. It gave me skills on how to deal with customers and help make them have the best experience possible and leave smiling. Our managerial staff were quick to correct us if we ever made a mistake in a positive and encouraging fashion. The hardest part of the job would've been trying to outsell my fellow employees but the sense of competition definitely made the time more enjoyable go by faster.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
senior staff members
Upbeat and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
Working here was always fun, The music was great and the co-workers always kept you upbeat and happy, we were always busy and being productive. It was a great experiance
Cons
seasonal
Great place, great people!
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 March 2017
Loved the environment. Very welcoming, beautiful people, fun when time was set for it, and business when it was called for. Wish I didn't have to leave.
Pros
Loving, warm environment.
Cons
Overnight shift + full-time job = sleeping at full-time job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.