American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

typical day at AEO
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2017
typical day at work includes socializing with awesome customers. Making friends first and selling our product. AEO is a great place to work because its such a positive environment all the time. coworkers and management is amazing, makes your job feel like home.
Pros
awesome team to work with
Cons
short hours
Was a good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 January 2017
Was a good job. Management could use some training. Management is very judgemental and harsh. Co- workers were less than pleasant at times.
Pros
emmployee discount
Cons
not many hours.
Good learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2017
I felt very welcome in this work environment. It was challenging at times when the store was busy but I had great training and co workers to help me out. I really enjoyed interacting with all of the customers and helping them with any questions that they may have had. Overall, I feel as though this retail experience was a great opportunity and has improved personal qualities about myself such as confidence, time management skills, independence etc.
Productive and fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 January 2017
The managers are incredibly supportive and willing to work with the employees to ensure they enjoy each shift. The employees are all incredibly friendly, making it a friendly and warm work environment.
Pros
Clothing discounts
Cons
Overnight shifts
fun, easy going, upbeat and energitic
American Eagle Stylist (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 January 2017
A very fun easy going job.
Lots of great characters and friendly smiles.
Many of the employees are friends.
Clothing and styling is enjoyable.
Always learning about the new products and team building.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not enough hours
not a fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2017
management was all for favouritism and made work environment competitive. not a fun place to work. lots of pressure to make huge sales, which was not achievable.
Pros
good team
Cons
management, competitive
Great corporate structure
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 January 2017
AEO is a great company to work for with a lot of support. It is a very demanding job within a management team, which can be rough on work/life balance. They honestly try to give everyone proper work/life balance, but most employees are incredibly committed and the balance gets forgotten about.
Like most workplaces, there is drama. Most members work well together and are very supportive of each other.
Salaries for external candidates are competitive and they offer great benefits including RSP matching and Deferred Profit Sharing.
The company itself is well organised and has made some smart decisions in marketing, brand campaigns and corporate structure. This is a company that will thrive well into the future.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Long hours, heavy workload
Very Productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2017
The scene when you come into work is very Exciting. Always compliments and exciting promotions to be entertained with.Never a Dull workplace always find the team working with customers and a job well done with management always upon asking if we need anything,
Pros
1.happy sayings
Good Job
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 January 2017
This was a great place to work. It was a fast paced environment that was always busy and the culture was very positive. This company genuinely cares about the well being of its employees.
Great workplace with lots of opportunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 December 2016
Typical day as a AEO sales associate consists of working on excellence by providing extensive help to customers while displaying a positive drive and attitude.
Pros
Good comradely in the workplace
Cons
Short breaks
fun, laid back, positive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2016
A typical day at work is usually me cleaning in the morning if I were to open as well as going along and signing bank deposit forms.
If I were a mid shifter then I do a lot of customer service and selling of the product as well as helping keep the tills going.
The hardest part of the job is making sure to keep every single customer happy, just because not everyone is going to be happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job are those times you make a customer happy enough that they leave the store with a smile on their face.
AEO Canada Distribution Centre & Transportation
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2016
Great place to work, very tight family atmosphere at this facility. Large number of staff with long tenure (8 plus years), so there is a lot of experience and confidence in overcoming business or seasonal challenges.

Strong program for on-boarding new associates, supported with a very detailed online and classroom training program.

Consistent with rewards for effort for individuals and groups; bbq's, outside events. Recognition is given often.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 December 2016
Given zones at work, but their is alot of favourtism. Not much advancement but a really fun and cheerful work environment. excellent employee discounts
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 November 2016
this is a great place to work I just wish there was more hours going around because the team there is amazing. the job is talking to people all day and meeting new people which I love to do, talking about the deals and different clothes telling people what is most comfortable to dress in and also what looks good on them.
Pros
great deals for employees.
Cons
not enough hours
its a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 November 2016
I like working there because it gives me the opportunity to work with other people with different personality and that helps me to be more sociable with others.
Pros
discount
Cons
rude customers
Friendly environment and coworkers, good benefits
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
Working at American Eagle was a beneficial experience as a first job. I met a lot of wonderful people and truly enjoyed a day of work and had a lot of fun on the job. There was a great discount for employees at 60% off. The managers were all very friendly and always doing their best to help me learn as much as possible. The hardest part of the job was definitely the commute but it was manageable. The managers were very lenient with my hours and always payed attention to my availability which was a plus.
Pros
Generous employee discount, great group of coworkers
Cons
Longer commute
Fun, relaxed job and environment - totally on brand
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2016
Enjoyed keeping things in order behind the scenes so that I and my coworkers could keep the atmosphere of the store able to run smoothly and happily on even the busiest days of the holiday shopping season.
Pros
Great people, low-stress
Cons
Minimal hours
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2016
working at american eagle was fun because they have good management, co-workers are friendly and managers are amazing. i learned a lot from this store such as managing your time is important. The hardest part of the job was when there's a lot of things to do such as when the season is changing, we need to change the physical appearance of the store. However the most enjoyable part of the job is whenever the store is in sale.
Pros
free brakes
Friendly, Productive, Fun and Unique Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
At American Eagle I would fold clothing, greet customers, stock shelves, and help with closing the store. I enjoyed all the people I worked with and spoke to, well an employee at American Eagle. This is a fantastic place to work the people are wonderful and extremely friendly.
great place
Back Shop Employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 October 2016
awsome place loved the staff the managers were aswome we all joked around and it was fun got a mall discount and that was great and also got deals on clothing too
Pros
discounts awsome staff
Cons
repetative work