American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC27 November 2017
American Eagle was a really fun position. Allthough at times you have to push hard for sales its worth it for the discount and we had a really good team of people.
Pros
Discount
Cons
upper management
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 November 2017
Working at American Eagle Outfitters was an overall pleasurable experience. I would recommend working at American Eagle to those who are interested in doing so.
Pros
fun, chill
Cons
Fun place, great first job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2017
I learned a lot about working in a professional environment and about customer service. It was a good place to plant my foundation for my future career.
Excellent place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 November 2017
Management is amazing , other employees complain a lot but that is what you find in every industry. work at your own pace. People don't get in trouble for useless stuff
Productive and Well-Organized with products
General Help (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 November 2017
It was another typical day at work in AEO because I was dealing with customers and putting prices on the items and what I learned was how to fold the shirts and the workplace culture there was timely fashioned. The most enjoyable part of my job there is cleaning the mirrors and windows, folding jeans, and going to the back room to help with the cargo and packages.
Pros
Huge Discounts
Cons
Make sure price tags are correct
It's a good job to learn many skills.
Manager of Recruitment and Service Standards (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2017
American eagle outfitters was transitioning into a new brand when I had started. Though, it was nice to look at, there was a lot of back and forth between management, staff, and higher management that made it seem quite chaotic and stressful.
The teams were big and the customer base was nice to work for. The shops are clean and they have many motivated people working in the stores that are always there to help when needed.
Pros
Salary, Management Security, Training
Cons
Upper Management, Work/Life Imbalance, Communication
Unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2017
Completely unorganized, threw me into unfamiliar situations without proper training. Uncooperative management and overall fake atmosphere. If you are new to sales don't work here.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Employees are all super friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 October 2017
amazing discounts for employees and pretty good starting salary as well. management is quite flexible and accommodating. very driven environment, i enjoyed it.
Fun work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 October 2017
Management at american eagle is amazing they are all super nice, also the workplace culture is super fun and not to stressful as everyone there is really nice
Really fun Place to work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 October 2017
American Eagle was a great palce to work with lost of great people to work with. I always entered a workplace there with people who enjoyed their jobs and people who genuenly wanted to be around other people and worked great as a team.
Pros
Discounts on Clothes
Cons
Short shifts
Good student position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 October 2017
a great place to work for students as a part time associate. very flexible with hours and very good people to work around. overall a happy environment
Environnement de travail agréable
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC23 October 2017
AEO est une entreprise où la formation des employés est au cœur de leurs valeurs entrepreneuriales. Les employés sont centrés sur le travail d’équipe ce qui rends l’atmosphère en boutique très chaleureuse.
High volume store
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 October 2017
High volume store. Always customers in the store. Lots of folding and servicing. Good staff to work with. Caters to younger generation. Lots of physical movement bending down low shelves.
Pros
Flexible hours
Entry level job.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 October 2017
This is an entry level job. Everything you do is entry level. Clean up, sort clothes, help customers, speak on the radio, make sure stock is put up in the correct spot, etc. A minimum wage job for a minimum wage work. Easy, simple and to the point.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 October 2017
A typical day at American Eagle was I would clock in and immediately start helping customers whether it would be finding a certain type of jean or getting their clothes sized. If the store wasn't busy, I would go around the store and organize clothes according to size. I was in the change room a lot helping customers get their sizes or I was a greeter during the busier days. At American Eagle, I learned that work can get stressful at times but it is important to stay positive for my other co workers but most importantly the customers. The hardest part of the job was the over night shifts because we had to rearrange the store in a matter of hours before the morning but it was a good experience.
Fun and engaging workplace
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
The workplace culture was fun and engaging. Everyday would introduce a new sales goal and initiatives for employees. The management and other superiors would engage with their employees in a positive manner to make sure tasks were being completed and that each individuals wellbeing was being maintained.
Enjoyable Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 September 2017
I enjoy helping customers at American Eagle Outfitters. I enjoy helping customers find the items they need, or just helping them with outfit ideas. When we have a busy day it's good because you are always doing something.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Management can not be understanding sometimes
Loved it here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 September 2017
It was a great place to work at everyone is fun filled and you met a lot of new people and you just get along with everyone you met and helping the customers was always fun.
a fast paced, fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 September 2017
Although the hours were very limited there (3hr/s a week sometimes), I've learned many valuable lessons. I have built so much character from working here in a short time.
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 September 2017
overall great experience, fun people and good management, provided everyone with a fair workplace to succeed, the most enjoyable part of the job is the discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.