American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Entry level job.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 October 2017
This is an entry level job. Everything you do is entry level. Clean up, sort clothes, help customers, speak on the radio, make sure stock is put up in the correct spot, etc. A minimum wage job for a minimum wage work. Easy, simple and to the point.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 October 2017
A typical day at American Eagle was I would clock in and immediately start helping customers whether it would be finding a certain type of jean or getting their clothes sized. If the store wasn't busy, I would go around the store and organize clothes according to size. I was in the change room a lot helping customers get their sizes or I was a greeter during the busier days. At American Eagle, I learned that work can get stressful at times but it is important to stay positive for my other co workers but most importantly the customers. The hardest part of the job was the over night shifts because we had to rearrange the store in a matter of hours before the morning but it was a good experience.
Fun and engaging workplace
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
The workplace culture was fun and engaging. Everyday would introduce a new sales goal and initiatives for employees. The management and other superiors would engage with their employees in a positive manner to make sure tasks were being completed and that each individuals wellbeing was being maintained.
Enjoyable Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 September 2017
I enjoy helping customers at American Eagle Outfitters. I enjoy helping customers find the items they need, or just helping them with outfit ideas. When we have a busy day it's good because you are always doing something.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Management can not be understanding sometimes
Loved it here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 September 2017
It was a great place to work at everyone is fun filled and you met a lot of new people and you just get along with everyone you met and helping the customers was always fun.
a fast paced, fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 September 2017
Although the hours were very limited there (3hr/s a week sometimes), I've learned many valuable lessons. I have built so much character from working here in a short time.
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 September 2017
overall great experience, fun people and good management, provided everyone with a fair workplace to succeed, the most enjoyable part of the job is the discount
Good environment.
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON14 September 2017
The workers were always happy, very hard work environment to adapt to. The pace was great and I always got along with the people i worked with no matter what.
great mall job!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 September 2017
Awesome staff, work around scheduling needs. Fun place to work and the discount is definitely an upside also! Great experience for working in retail as a student.
Fast paced and generic work environment
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2017
American eagle is fast paced but boring, my shifts were identical right down to what was to be said, the only thing that differed were the sales. The best part of the job was the discount by far, but as management goes it was hard to grow due to inside opinions and judgements making it hard to go too.
great
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 September 2017
love doing floor sets and creating a friendly work experience working there is like working with family and creating an enjoyment into going to work .
Draining, terrible management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2017
American Eagle is great place to work if you enjoy folding clothing and dealing with rude customers, but at the end of the day completely draining. Horrible management and horrible hours. It can be nice when you've helped a customer and they are actually appreciative, but I do not appreciate the work environment at all between the managers and the associates, favouritism is definitely in play at my location.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Management and hours
It's an easy job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 August 2017
In this job it is not really hard to make friends, but it is kind of hard to keep up with the fast pace of the work, but you get the hang of things very quickly and the staff are very east to talk too.
Hey Bro
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 July 2017
You'll be helping lots of teens ands parents pick out clothes for more teens.... And teen hats, teen socks, you get the picture. Solid company.. if you're a teen.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 July 2017
Awesome staff, work around scheduling needs. Fun place to work and the discount is definitely an upside also! Great experience working in retail as a student.
Busy
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
The overall experience of working at American Eagle was busy and very competitive. The busy atmosphere of it all taught me patients and hard work of keeping up with it all.
Fun and easy work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 July 2017
A casual and easy environment to work in while in school. Job is very flexible and AEO is constantly upgrading in innovative ways. Room for growth includes small job increases, cash lead, jean, expert, stylist and more. Also room for higher jobs as well.
Pros
flexible hours, amazing discount
Cons
short 4 hour shifts
Productive and fun working place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON7 July 2017
Working at American Eagle, I learned different skills like organization, punctuality and responsibility. These skills gave me the opportunity to create a productive and efficient workplace that allowed comfort to customers.
Amazing Environment and Easy to Work For
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON6 July 2017
Shifts at American Eagle are very easy going and mostly stress free. Working there allows me to be around lovely people all day and in an upbeat, positive environment. I learned to stay alert from this job, because there is always someone that could possibly need assistance. The bosses and supervisors are all brilliant at what they do and they are very respectful. The hardest part of the job is just staying on top of everything at busy times, but the most enjoyable part is getting to see customers come in with a warm smile and leave satisfied.
Pros
Discount
Great!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 July 2017
Customer service is a huge thing when working at this store and I learned a lot from it. As a growing individual with a minimum experience in the customer service area, it was a good experience getting to work in this store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.