American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

The WORST place I have ever worked.
Sales & Back Room Stock associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 April 2017
Management was rude to employees, would yell and swear at employees in front of other employees and customers. Management would get frustrated when a task was not understood and instead of taking the time to explain how to do what was required, would yell and swear and make employee cry. Absoloutly the worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Short length in shifts, 4hrs.
Cons
Hostile environment
Good Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2017
The management is very supportive and caring, they are encouraging and are helpful especially to new works. It is a great place to work on customer service skills. The other associates also add to a great work environment. I learned the ins and outs of retail work, that have helped me in future events.
Entry Level Job
Jean Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2017
Nothing more and nothing less. You'll learn valuable customer service skills and quite a bit on fashion.
The job experience is largely dependent on the team and management. Good management will make the job a lot more fun.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Few hours
Awesome Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
american eagle was my first job at 16, and the world of retail was easily accessible through their management. they teach you new approaches to the retail world, all while being super helpful for you to have the opportunity to advance. it would be considered a difficult job if you don't have the drive to approach people or have the ambition to sell products, but overall the job was based around simple tasks
Pros
discounted jeans
Productive and fun workplace
Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON5 April 2017
A typical day at work involves helping customers, cleaning up the store and organizing store items. I learned how to serve customers, size/fold clothing, and gain overall retail experience. The management is great, there are some days we could do better as a team but overall, everyone is productive and the workplace is well managed. The hardest part of the job is on the overly busy days, trying to help customers while cleaning up the store and clearing out fitting rooms, but it gets done. The most enjoyable part is making connection, and having a great experience working with others.
Typical part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
Hours changed weekly, management was ok feeling of dissoragnization amongst coworkers, not much room to grow or improve, customers were often not polite
Fun Job!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA4 April 2017
I worked here in grade 12 while I was living in the states. It is fast paced but also quite enjoyable - interacting with customers and helping them find what they need, improving your interpersonal skills, and getting some experience behind the register and dealing with customer complaints are all skills to use for future jobs!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Extremely busy at times
Great easy place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2017
Fun people, great management that is always easy and laid back. Shifts are extremely flexible. Low stress environment. You will learn to work as a team together and make the best of the job.
great work place positive work environment
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2017
A typical day at work would've been a short fast paced shift. It gave me skills on how to deal with customers and help make them have the best experience possible and leave smiling. Our managerial staff were quick to correct us if we ever made a mistake in a positive and encouraging fashion. The hardest part of the job would've been trying to outsell my fellow employees but the sense of competition definitely made the time more enjoyable go by faster.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
senior staff members
Upbeat and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
Working here was always fun, The music was great and the co-workers always kept you upbeat and happy, we were always busy and being productive. It was a great experiance
Cons
seasonal
Great place, great people!
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 March 2017
Loved the environment. Very welcoming, beautiful people, fun when time was set for it, and business when it was called for. Wish I didn't have to leave.
Pros
Loving, warm environment.
Cons
Overnight shift + full-time job = sleeping at full-time job.
fun place to work but dramatic co-workers
Sales/Merchandising Lead (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB28 March 2017
Many of the management seemed immature. The part time staff was incredible and great incentives with regards to discounts and promotions. Overall not a bad employment.
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 March 2017
I absolutely loved going into work at American Eagle. The enviroment was so relaxed, and the whole staff was like one giant family. Because of the constant flow of customers, being able to socialize with them and build relationships really enhanced my communication skills as a whole. The management was great and they were always so understanding and never made you feel pressured and uneasy. Overall, Great workplace
Pros
Getting to socialize with people
Cons
no cons
Great Company
Second Level Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
The people at work make the experience all the better, the store is great to their employees and offer generous discounts at all its stores and sister stores
Jean Expert (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC26 March 2017
American Eagle Fairview is a great place to work the people are always fun and helpful. The job is simple and enjoyable. In a day I serve customers by helping them find the perfect pair of jeans.
High paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 March 2017
Overall, the experience is quite enjoyable. The associates are very friendly. As a team everyone works very well together allowing us to accomplish many tasks. The environment can range from very slow, to very high paced. Management has gone down. Some managers tend to be lazy, however the associates know what needs to be done and take the initiative to accomplish such
Pros
Great Associates
fast paced, not many hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2017
i liked working there but the management isn't the best and not getting enough hours it was just a summer job that paid minimum wage and wasnt worth the hassle
Pros
discount
Cons
no hours
A Place to Find a Good First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2017
I worked at American Eagle directly out of high school, and it provided an opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and allowed for experience in a sales environment.
Was not enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2017
Was not an enjoyable. Management and other employees were not very friendly. They were constantly judging employees and customers.
A relaxed work environment that is fun and engaging as well as productive and entertaining
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 February 2017
I worked at American Eagle for 4 years and really enjoyed my time there. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for retail experience. I worked at AE during high school and was able to effectively balance my schooling with my work schedule and management was more than willing to accommodate my various schedules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval