American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Fun and easy work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 July 2017
A casual and easy environment to work in while in school. Job is very flexible and AEO is constantly upgrading in innovative ways. Room for growth includes small job increases, cash lead, jean, expert, stylist and more. Also room for higher jobs as well.
Pros
flexible hours, amazing discount
Cons
short 4 hour shifts
Productive and fun working place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON7 July 2017
Working at American Eagle, I learned different skills like organization, punctuality and responsibility. These skills gave me the opportunity to create a productive and efficient workplace that allowed comfort to customers.
Amazing Environment and Easy to Work For
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON6 July 2017
Shifts at American Eagle are very easy going and mostly stress free. Working there allows me to be around lovely people all day and in an upbeat, positive environment. I learned to stay alert from this job, because there is always someone that could possibly need assistance. The bosses and supervisors are all brilliant at what they do and they are very respectful. The hardest part of the job is just staying on top of everything at busy times, but the most enjoyable part is getting to see customers come in with a warm smile and leave satisfied.
Pros
Discount
Great!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 July 2017
Customer service is a huge thing when working at this store and I learned a lot from it. As a growing individual with a minimum experience in the customer service area, it was a good experience getting to work in this store.
Limited room for growth but a great job culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB22 June 2017
I've never worked for a company with better management structure. Friendly, personable, knowledgable management that passes on their knowledge and good spirits.
Pros
Great clothing discount
Cons
Limited growth opportunity
Very fun and active place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 June 2017
American Eagles is an amazing place to work, especially if you love clothes. The team is filled with fun and kind people to be working around. Time flies by very quickly while working because enjoy helping others and satisfying others.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Very messy when closing
Very Good First Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 June 2017
American Eagle Outfitters is a great place for a first time worker to gain some experience. You have the possibility of getting cashier experience, as well as stock which I think teaches valuable skills like multitasking and you learn to work in a fast pace environment.
Pros
discounts are great
Cons
hours are inconsistent and few
Friendly staff overall
Back Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 June 2017
The females on the sales floor and managers were all interesting people all friendly and good ro get along with the store manager at the time brian and i always kept eachother entertained while working
Pros
Discount easy work
Cons
Short job length
Very fun place to worj
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 June 2017
Personally I found the experience at American Eagle a pleasant one with very nice people. The 60% discount was amazing to use as well as the clothes the store sells
Clean, Positive, Efficient.
Sales Associate (stock) (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON3 June 2017
American Eagle outfitters takes great pride in making the store really clean and neat, as well as the stock room. A really cool thing is that the employees get ipads to use for checking availibility, sizes, and prices.
Pros
Useful Tech
Cons
Shoplifters
Overnight Shifts
Floor set Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 June 2017
Going to work 4 Days a week from 8pm-5am, not ideal for students but was a really good job. Easy layouts and lots of awesome people to work with. A very Organized Company.
It was a fun environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB1 June 2017
It was fun, discounts were great however I didn't like the management. They were very rude and not helpful at all with any questions that I may have had.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Too short breaks
Fun and Supportive Environment
Sales Associate - Jean Expert (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 May 2017
This can be a great place to work, especially when you have a strong and supportive management team. Employees get a great discount! Everyone is very friendly.
Pros
Discount, Free Items, New Friends
Cons
Customers can be jerks, the work is not always worth the pay
Great place to work! Great people to work with
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB25 May 2017
I love working at American Eagle. The management and peers I work with are great to learn from, talk with and are approachable with any questions you have about product, service and their processes. The only downside is that you don't get a lot of hours in a day's shift. However, you can pick up shifts from people who need to give theirs away.

Overall, I have had a great experience there.
Pros
Atmosphere, management, Discount
Cons
Not enough hours- no guarantee of summer hours
employee
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2017
the employee are friendly and good at communicating with others. The only problem i had was the hours. i didnt get enough hours, so no hours no money.
Pros
good music
Cons
not enough hours
Management no teamwork, managers work against each other...competitive....no support...bad experience
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 May 2017
I have been in the retail industry for many years and working for AEO was the worst experience I had ever had. Management poor! No support! long hours...working in Visual long hours no breathing time in weekly schedule. could work 5 days straight and one day off for example eventhough you just did a shift from 9pm to 9 am

Micromanagment ...thumbs down!

upper managment- assumed instead of supported, directed fingers without knowing the facts,etc.

Staff favoritism, too many managers, managers pointed fingers at other managers...instead of supporting and working as a team.
Cons
Long hours...merchandising store sets 9pm to 9am
Great Place to Work
Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 May 2017
Busy, fast-paced, and customer service based team environment.
Great place to work, friendly staff and management.
Unfortunately no benefits unless you're a manager.
When hours are short, it can become very stressful trying to spread hours between the amount of employees.
My Work Experience
Sales Associate & Stocker (part time) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 May 2017
I loved this job the most, I really did, working for american eagle was the best. Working at stock makes the job more fun I really enjoyed myself in there
Awesome job
Temporary sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 May 2017
The workplace was very opening and friendly, I enjoy working in a place that was very welcoming to every person that worked there. Everyone was kind and polite to eachother
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 May 2017
it is a fast paced yet supportive environment. Throughout the day I have constant interaction with customers and have to be able to communicate thoroughly with them. I learned to be productive, organized, confident and punctual. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the fast paced environment but the most enjoyable part is successfully helping a customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.