American Eagle Outfiters Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJune 12, 2015
Enjoyed working for a very active company. The managers are active, fun, outgoing, and very understanding. They know how to compromise if you have 2 jobs, and try to accommodate as much as they can.

They have goals for sales and promotions to motivate all the departments to compete to win prizes.
Pros
incentives
Cons
pushing for sales
Fun place to work as well as great staff.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 10, 2015
Greet customers, answer all the questions that a customer has, as well as ask a lot of questions to the customers for the best possible service.
Okay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ONMay 27, 2015
-Management was poorly ran
-Employers were rude to customers and fellow staff members
-System was organized in a un- efficient manner
American Eagle Outfitters Merchandise Leader
Sales Associate/Merchandise Leader (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, Nova ScotiaMay 26, 2015
At American Eagle, you feel like a family. Everyone treats you like you've known them for your entire life. The staff are people you can trust with your life. Our management team could not be any better. They are so understanding for all of us and any of our problems. They are like your second set of parents.
The hardest part of the job is always trying to help every customer in your day. There are times that you are not able to help that last person and it could make or break your day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the customers smile on their face when you are able to help them find everything on their wish list.
Fun work environment
Saltes Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 14, 2015
Great job, only downside is only getting scheduled a few ours a week. Typical work week will be 2-3 4 hour shifts. Great co-workers and management. Hardest part of the day is transitioning to standing on your feet for 4 hours in a row. Most rewarding part of job is helping families purchase clothes.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
great people, lots of smiles and laughs.
sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 12, 2015
i would start at 9:30 starting with cleaning the fitting rooms, then i would organize the floor. i learned to have fun with what I'm doing. management was amazing, became close friends with my coworkers along with management. the hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of my contract. the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the smiling faces.
Pros
alot of great times
Cons
short hours
Good for retail experience, but you are easily replaced
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  WindsorMay 4, 2015
Mangers expected you to pressure people to buy, and if you couldn't convince them to buy, you are quickly replaced. Not too much to do when it isn't busy. Co-workers, depending on who was working that day, could either be friendly or just kinda prude.
Fun workplace
Overnight Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  DieppeMay 4, 2015
As a overnight merchandiser, i help set up the store with the new merchandise, put away the old stock (do mark downs) and dress the bustforms
Productive and encouraging wokplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, OnApril 30, 2015
I truly value the ways in which the store-level as well as upper management wish to see their staff grow. I very quickly learned how to appropriately interact with customers to make their experience both enjoyable and successful.
Excellent place to build up retail experience
Sales Associate, - West Edmonton Mall (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2015
On weekends the store tends to get really busy so sometimes I feel like it was a drag. But with the awesome and energetic co-workers I had, work flew by quick. I learnt that customers are of high importance in retail because they are the ones that can bring our sale up by purchasing our products. The hardest part about this job is when a customer is looking for a specific product or item which we no longer carry or have already sold out. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, learning about how retail runs, and building up experience.
Pros
Adequate amount of working hours
Cons
Store Managers management skill
Good Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONApril 21, 2015
American Eagle is a great entry environment for young students looking to get into Retail work. You learn a lot about customer service as well as work with great people. Customers and staff are always friendly.
A Very Interesting Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown OntarioApril 20, 2015
American Eagle was very interesting to work at for my first retail job. Due to the store opening brand new, I was able to receive a different experience then most people in retail. My co-workers and I built the store from the ground up. Building shelves and receiving our first shipment was all very interesting. My management was challenging sometimes but for the most part they made working there bearable. I learned many things like cash, and how to sell to anyone which was pretty cool.
Pros
Retail, 40% discount, very friendly co-workers
Cons
Management was not well organized, over hiring was an issue, management would also give themselves more hours instead of the employees, no a lot of hours
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  HalifaxApril 19, 2015
It was great! The hardest part of the job were the shifts as I had worked to 3am in the morning restocking at some points while trying to balance it out with my university final exams.
Overall Great Place to Work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 17, 2015
American Eagle is a very good company to work for. There are a few flaws with their company, which is the same as most, however, the pros very much outweigh the cons. The longer you are with them, the more perks you receive as you are promoted to become a "Jean Expert" or "Stylist", and with this promotion you get special discounts from the store. My managers were very friendly and considerate or all employees. The cons are only that the schedule is released really late and only as a week by week schedule (eg. If today is Thursday, I would just be getting the schedule for this Sunday coming up). The only other con is that they have recently become very strict regarding what they need to accomplish with sales and such. But overall, I really enjoy working there.
positive friendly work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 16, 2015
Worked here for a short period of time for seasonal help. Very fast paced. There was never a really slow period there was always something that you could do.
Pros
Easy to keep busy
Cons
n/a
Good Place , Very Clean
Electrical Maintenance Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2015
Very Nice to work in a clean enviroment. Most of Managment is
onside with workers , very fair! Equipment is new and well maintained
Good place to work!!
Awesome!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2015
Staff is very friendly and very supportive with new employees. Management is great as well. Very understanding and a very knowledgeable workplace
Already wrote a review.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCMarch 22, 2015
See previous review.
This system needs to be able to recognize the same employer on a resume more than once. Retail is not for everybody.
Productive and a fun place tow ork
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto premium outlet mallMarch 20, 2015
A typical day at american eagle would be, coming in 10 minutes before shift starts, clocking in and talking about each others day before we get on the floor and make some sales!
Pros
working with amazing people
Cons
late nights
Nice people to work with
Seasonal employee (Former Employee) –  Brampton,ONMarch 19, 2015
I liked it there but retail wasn't for me, when people didn't want to be helped it was almost as though the managers expected me to force conversation upon them
Pros
great team
Cons
not understanding people

American Eagle Outfiters Reviews by Location