American Eagle Outfiters Employee Reviews in Canada

great place to work
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2015
Very fast paced environment. Dealing with different types of customers. Need to know different areas of the store and need to handle any types of questions related to the store.
Pros
people
Cons
nothing
Overall Great Place to Work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 17, 2015
American Eagle is a very good company to work for. There are a few flaws with their company, which is the same as most, however, the pros very much outweigh the cons. The longer you are with them, the more perks you receive as you are promoted to become a "Jean Expert" or "Stylist", and with this promotion you get special discounts from the store. My managers were very friendly and considerate or all employees. The cons are only that the schedule is released really late and only as a week by week schedule (eg. If today is Thursday, I would just be getting the schedule for this Sunday coming up). The only other con is that they have recently become very strict regarding what they need to accomplish with sales and such. But overall, I really enjoy working there.
wonderful
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 21, 2015
The culture and the way that each team members contributions are valued creates an amazing work environment.
Contests and generous gifts from the company based on our performance were exciting and inspiring.
Pros
great team
Fun work environment
Saltes Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 14, 2015
Great job, only downside is only getting scheduled a few ours a week. Typical work week will be 2-3 4 hour shifts. Great co-workers and management. Hardest part of the day is transitioning to standing on your feet for 4 hours in a row. Most rewarding part of job is helping families purchase clothes.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Where do i begin...
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  BCMarch 16, 2016
Oh live your life american eagle, what started off as fun, turned into a never ending nightmare, district manager has no idea what was going on or how to answer questions at times. Late arrivals constant so your always setting up floor sets late. Long long long hours for low pay and no overtime, you constantly beat last years numbers but the targets are so high you never bonus, they can be 20-40% up on the previous year.

3 assistant managers lead you to not learn as much as a co manager would, spend too much time under one category and store managers who really don't care and disappear early you end up working more hours then them. Shipments are so high and the product you actually need never comes. Back rooms are too small, real safety issue. No actual training is ever given and worst of all conversion has the same expectation 20% across the district even though ever store, every location is completely different it baffles me.

The one thing i loved was my staff, they really did love you and appreciated everything you said or did. Discounts are great they do look after you like that. Benefits are good and vacation is paid 2 weeks after one year. Pay is ok, but negotiate as much as possible there is room. For assistant you can get at least $38,000 if they really really want you.

Not every store is like this, but this pretty much is the picture across the district in bc.
Pros
discount, vacation pay, benefits, competitions
Cons
long hours, low salary, constant visits, no DM support
American Eagle Review
Stock Lead (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON.February 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be when I come in I look over the days shipping report so I can plan according. I would then assign tasks to any co-op student we have at the time (typically 3), then I'd walk the floor to take note of what product can be filled, in case I receive it. I then receive and process shipment, fill out the appropriate paper work. I've learned how to be efficient, and able to alter my work plan quickly depending on what the day brings.
Good for retail experience, but you are easily replaced
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  WindsorMay 4, 2015
Mangers expected you to pressure people to buy, and if you couldn't convince them to buy, you are quickly replaced. Not too much to do when it isn't busy. Co-workers, depending on who was working that day, could either be friendly or just kinda prude.
Amercian Eagle
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ONJuly 7, 2015
When you first get a job with Amercian Eagle you start off with good amount of hours and then once you have been there for a long time then you don't get enough hours and then people just start quitting.
Amazing experience and first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  fairview mallJanuary 26, 2015
• Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints in a friendly manner.
• Assist customers with product selection and inquiries.
• Maintain a clean, neat and correctly stocked check stand and safe and secure work area.
• Offer advice to clients regarding products.
• Process payment and operate cash register.
Pros
discounts, great hours, great environment
productive and postive people
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton,ONJanuary 13, 2015
-I've learned how to treat and respect customers
-since working in retail I've developed my communication skills
my co-workers were fun and positive but completed everything -needed to be done
-I've learned how to take initiative. I don't like standing and doing nothing. I enjoy being kept busy
- I really enjoyed when the store was open and I was able to help costumers and make them feel welcomed
Pros
discounts
Cons
short hours
Exciting and Productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONDecember 23, 2014
A day at American Eagle is always adventurous and fun; I come in like every other day going by the company routines and protocols. The management is the best so far and the co-workers are supportive and cheerful people at all times. The hardest part of the job is having to stand all through the shift and the best part of the job is relating with co-workers and most importantly giving customers that good quality customer service and seeing the smile of satisfaction on their faces.
Productive and encouraging wokplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, OnApril 30, 2015
I truly value the ways in which the store-level as well as upper management wish to see their staff grow. I very quickly learned how to appropriately interact with customers to make their experience both enjoyable and successful.
Great
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QCDecember 25, 2014
You start with a ''pre-party'', where they warm you up for the day, then you help customers and clean up the store. I learned all kind of jeans. Management is great and will always help you if there is issues. The hardest part is the clean up the store after the day, what we call the Close. The most enjoyable part is to interact with people.
Pros
you have time outside of work
Cons
you don't have enough work hours per month
American Eagle is a friendly, multi-cultural and productive working environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ONFebruary 14, 2015
This coming summer I would be working as a sales associate at American Eagle for three years. A typical day at work would be greeting and assisting customers in finding the right outfit that makes them feel and look good. From my experience thus far, I have gained many sales techniques to ensure selling, as well as dealing with a diverse group of people in terms of customer and co-workers. The management ensures that their employers get the recognition they deserve for doing a great job. What can be difficult at times is dealing with unruly customers, but it is imperative to always put a smile on your face and treat them with the utmost respect- after all this is a customer service related job. The most enjoyable part is working with friendly people, and gaining more work related experience.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
short hours
Fun place to work as well as great staff.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 10, 2015
Greet customers, answer all the questions that a customer has, as well as ask a lot of questions to the customers for the best possible service.
Energetic and productive workplace with a friendly staff/team.
Monthly Floor Set Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairview Park Mall, Kitchener, ON.August 7, 2014
One shift consists of changing multiple displays throughout the store. Everyone has a set, individual job to do, sometimes two or three at a time. We are all willing to help one another complete a task if needed. I find that changing the displays higher up on a wall is the most difficult part. The best part is that we listen to great music throughout the shift.
Pros
only a couple of shifts a month, doesn't clash with other events on my schedule.
Cons
after mall hours, can go late into the night.
Excellent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 21, 2015
I learnt a lot about working in sales. I provided advice to customers about personal style, assisted in organizing the store, and completed transactions.
Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2014
• Trusted with business key and the ability to access safe answer alarm codes.
• Having the responsibility to attend to any customer questions and/or complaints.
• Holding a steady team of employees and creating a friendly working environment.
• Responsibilities include: organizing store materials, assisting customers with their concerns, directing employees and opening and closing of store
Good Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONApril 21, 2015
American Eagle is a great entry environment for young students looking to get into Retail work. You learn a lot about customer service as well as work with great people. Customers and staff are always friendly.
American Eagle FUN
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 29, 2014
My job as a sale associate at American Eagle was an AMAZING EXPERIENCE. What i enjoyed the most was seeing the faces of customers when they get their perfect outfits. The hardest part of the job would be not trying to spend all of your paycheck on the clothes in the store. My co workers were great , each one of them. We worked very well as a team and made sure we were ALWAYS on the top of our game.
Pros
good discount of items
Cons
angry customers

American Eagle Outfiters Reviews by Location