American Eagle Outfiters Employee Reviews in Canada

It was a fun work enviroment
Sales Assoociate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 30, 2015
American Eagle Outfitters was a fun and good place to work but if you're not a good seller or don't like to force people to buy stuff this isn't your ideal job. I was comfortable with forcing people to buy stuff or using my selling techniques.
Pros
great enviroment, friends with all your coworkers and managers
Cons
not enough hours
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2015
I really enjoy working at American Eagle. I love the products we sell. It is very fast paced and busy which I like. The staff is great. The home / work life balance is not very good but it seems to be getting better.
Pros
Very busy and fast paced
Cons
work alot of evenings and weekends
Supportive environment.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 1, 2015
Always motivated to be the best I can be.
Meet different people, either by customers or co-workers.
Everyday is always a different day, despite the system.
Interacting with people of different backgrounds and personalities.
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
Short hours
Retail
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 30, 2015
American Eagle is a great retail experience for anyone starting out in the work force. The employees are great to work as well as the management team.
Enjoy customer interactions on daily basis
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitobaJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work is reviewing sales and any goals needed to complete the day. Greeting customers and helping them outfit themselves or whomever they are purchasing items for.
Informing all staff on the promotions, where they are scheduled to work and offering them daily advice on how they can improve overall production.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  niagara on the lake, ONJune 29, 2015
i would walk the floor, making sure everything in my section looked clean and tidy, help customers find whatever they may be looking for, either being for themselves or shopping for a gift, checking for sizes, and making sure they felt welcomed within the store. i would also be in fits, helping customers with outfit choices, making sure they had the right sizes, and cleaning out the fitting room and getting the next person in line in to the room.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Only seasonal
productive and fun workplace
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  cambridgeAugust 18, 2015
very positive work environment! I have another part time job and they were very accommodating in scheduling around those hours, as they were different every week. Really great management, expectations are clear and training is thorough.
Very Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSOctober 26, 2015
Manager's weren't very understanding, felt as though they had favorite employees and they showed it. It felt like they didn't care if you failed or not.
customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 18, 2015
was a good wrok environment i would work for them again if it was more like managament but interacting with customers and helping customers each day was awesome and made me love working with the public
Pros
head sets
Cons
not enough hours
Good first job
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 9, 2015
American Eagle is an amazing job with lots of opportunities. It is a typical retail job from 9-5 and that's why I didn't stay there. It's not always high pace but it can be- especially around holidays and back to school. Good company.
Fun place to Work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Great place for learning customer service skills and how to deal in a fast paced environment.
Energetic Day at Work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 25, 2015
* Clean the floors and windows
* Open the store for the day
* Stock & fold the clothing
* Promote the promotions
* Handle the cash register
* Customer service at the fitting rooms
Pros
Good sales & busy days
Cons
Not making sales
American Eagle Outfitters Merchandise Leader
Sales Associate/Merchandise Leader (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, Nova ScotiaMay 26, 2015
At American Eagle, you feel like a family. Everyone treats you like you've known them for your entire life. The staff are people you can trust with your life. Our management team could not be any better. They are so understanding for all of us and any of our problems. They are like your second set of parents.
The hardest part of the job is always trying to help every customer in your day. There are times that you are not able to help that last person and it could make or break your day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the customers smile on their face when you are able to help them find everything on their wish list.
Easy and Fun
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey BCSeptember 11, 2015
Worked in the back, organized floorset. Respected by managers and helped whenever needed instructions.
Co-workers were easy to work with, everyone was on the same page and made a great culture.
Fun place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 26, 2015
People were friendly and nice environment. The workplace was space limited and too must dust and stocking. Learned new things about sales.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJune 12, 2015
Enjoyed working for a very active company. The managers are active, fun, outgoing, and very understanding. They know how to compromise if you have 2 jobs, and try to accommodate as much as they can.

They have goals for sales and promotions to motivate all the departments to compete to win prizes.
Pros
incentives
Cons
pushing for sales
great people, lots of smiles and laughs.
sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 12, 2015
i would start at 9:30 starting with cleaning the fitting rooms, then i would organize the floor. i learned to have fun with what I'm doing. management was amazing, became close friends with my coworkers along with management. the hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of my contract. the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the smiling faces.
Pros
alot of great times
Cons
short hours
great place to work
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2015
Very fast paced environment. Dealing with different types of customers. Need to know different areas of the store and need to handle any types of questions related to the store.
Pros
people
Cons
nothing
Excellent place to build up retail experience
Sales Associate, - West Edmonton Mall (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2015
On weekends the store tends to get really busy so sometimes I feel like it was a drag. But with the awesome and energetic co-workers I had, work flew by quick. I learnt that customers are of high importance in retail because they are the ones that can bring our sale up by purchasing our products. The hardest part about this job is when a customer is looking for a specific product or item which we no longer carry or have already sold out. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, learning about how retail runs, and building up experience.
Pros
Adequate amount of working hours
Cons
Store Managers management skill
wonderful
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 21, 2015
The culture and the way that each team members contributions are valued creates an amazing work environment.
Contests and generous gifts from the company based on our performance were exciting and inspiring.
Pros
great team

American Eagle Outfiters Reviews by Location