American Eagle Outfiters Employee Reviews

Ae
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Excellent place to work; do not want to leave; management is excellent and coworkers are amazing
Love interacting with the customers and getting a feel of who they are through their fashion
sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
My typical day at work is greeting customers, letting everyone know our promotions for the day, cashing customers items and helping customers choosing outfits.
Pros
great work ethic
Cons
short hours
Fast-paced environment
Team Leader and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 25, 2016
Get ready to work! The staff is friendly, but the company has standards to be respected at all times (visual, merchandising, employee behaviour, etc). Not doing so could result in a significant reduction in work hours, as AEO prioritizes efficient workers over everything else
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
unstable hours
Good part time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Sales goals are really high but are reachable if you are good at communication and sales. Management is extremely helpful and friendly. The team and environment is very relaxed.
Great people but terrible hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 9, 2016
I started of in the company as a Co-op student and loved it. Then i got hired on around Christmas. I would often be doing my 4 hours of co-op have a very little break (maybe half an hour) and then have to be back to work my paid shift. They have too many staff kept on as part time so a lot of people get forgotten about and end up with no hours.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
little-no hours after seasonal peeks
Worked as a stock associate
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I worked in the back room of the store where I learned how to do inventory as well as organizational skills. The management was friendly and i had good co workers.
Pros
Never boring
Retail
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 30, 2015
American Eagle is a great retail experience for anyone starting out in the work force. The employees are great to work as well as the management team.
High energy environment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONNovember 29, 2015
I have only worked here for a short amount of time, but in this time I have already learnt a lot.
I have learnt a ton about the product, I learnt the different procedures then what I am used to.
I really enjoy working at American Eagle because my co-workers all have the same attitude I have, we all like to have fun and enjoy working. Dealing with customers comes naturally to me. I enjoy talking to new people and helping customers out.
Managers are treated poorly and hear nothing but negative
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  AlbertNovember 20, 2015
All our management team ever heard was how poorly we were doing without any leadership or direction to improve.

I closed every Saturday. I worked the split every Tuesday. I worked every holiday, and was never scheduled a lieu day. Contract is for 44 hours but I was frequently told to "suck it up" when scheduled for 50 or more.
Good place with good people
STOCK LEAD (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
I'm in charge of the shipments. We get deliveries every day, of new clothes, and replenishments of older stock. I organise, fold and sort away these products. I'm also responsible for the visual layout of the store, and the cleanliness and general upkeep of the back store. I'm on a headset with my managers at all time, to discuss the running of the store, and fulfilling customer requests for products not available on the shop floor.
Cons
Unstable job hours.
Fun
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCNovember 5, 2015
Morning shift ; open cashes, get all paper work ready (schedule/deposits/audit the paper work from last night).
Once the store is open , while providing costumer service, as a manager on the floor , I had to do administrative tasks.
Hardest part of the job was being low staff and having lots of costumer , and making sure they were all taking care of. Definitely being able to multitask was a must.
Most enjoyable part of the job was having a good time with co-workers and costumer. When you are able to connect with costumers
Pros
good employee discount
Cons
long hours standing up/ almost no free weekend
Fun place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 26, 2015
People were friendly and nice environment. The workplace was space limited and too must dust and stocking. Learned new things about sales.
Very Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSOctober 26, 2015
Manager's weren't very understanding, felt as though they had favorite employees and they showed it. It felt like they didn't care if you failed or not.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2015
I really enjoy working at American Eagle. I love the products we sell. It is very fast paced and busy which I like. The staff is great. The home / work life balance is not very good but it seems to be getting better.
Pros
Very busy and fast paced
Cons
work alot of evenings and weekends
Easy and Fun
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey BCSeptember 11, 2015
Worked in the back, organized floorset. Respected by managers and helped whenever needed instructions.
Co-workers were easy to work with, everyone was on the same page and made a great culture.
Fast paced yet still very fun work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Each day is something new with American Eagle Outfitters.

Retail is an ever changing industry and AEO has a much more desirable position in the global market than in previous years. Having recently opened locations over seas this year in the UK, American Eagle is a globally known brand that really understands the fundamentals of putting your customer first.

The most enjoyable part of work was the amazing team I had. It makes coming into work easier knowing you are part of such a close knit team of individuals with the same passion for customer service.

As part of the management team, we were very involved with our associates, providing constant coaching and training to ensure a sales driven team. I had the opportunity to work with various store managers and various district managers and I feel the one thing AEO lacks is company consistency. Involvement from both your SM and DM varied greatly. While each had the opportunity to contribute, some chose to procrastinate ultimately leading to a snowball affect, leading to a loss of sales and a negative impact on daily operations.

The most difficult aspect of working at AEO was the payroll ladder. Payrolls and sales are very dependent on each other. When payroll isn't invested wisely or situations don't entirely play out as you were hoping, your store could suffer greatly. As a result, if management didn't put in extra hours (of unpaid work since they are salaried), many tasks could not be completed with the various payroll cuts made over the past couple years.

The company provided many opportunities for advancement,
  more... various gifts for associates, rewards for hitting KPI's and this year, flew all store managers to Florida for a company wide meeting.  less
Pros
great reward systems, great team, opportunity for advancement
Cons
long hours, unpaid overtime, lack of available payroll
great environment where I have learnt so much and enjoyed offering above-average customer service everyday.
Server (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 7, 2015
A typical day at work involved assisting managers to serve customers at the sales counter, offering face-to-face advice to customers on the store products, maintaining phone lines and direct callers to appropriate department, managing cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies, and Volunteer for additional shifts and tasks. It has been an amazing experience working with the best team.
Fun place to Work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Great place for learning customer service skills and how to deal in a fast paced environment.
Supportive environment.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 1, 2015
Always motivated to be the best I can be.
Meet different people, either by customers or co-workers.
Everyday is always a different day, despite the system.
Interacting with people of different backgrounds and personalities.
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
Short hours
It was a fun work enviroment
Sales Assoociate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 30, 2015
American Eagle Outfitters was a fun and good place to work but if you're not a good seller or don't like to force people to buy stuff this isn't your ideal job. I was comfortable with forcing people to buy stuff or using my selling techniques.
Pros
great enviroment, friends with all your coworkers and managers
Cons
not enough hours

American Eagle Outfiters Reviews by Location