American Eagle Outfiters Employee Reviews

Fun workplace , provided goo costumer servive skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCSeptember 3, 2016
relationship building with the costumer and putting them first and making sure they leave with a good experience. Tasking at down time, putting out new product.
learned how to multitask and prioritize and improved my conversation skills
hardest part of the jobs was not receiving enough hours and being understaffed , most enjoyable part of the job was gaining more skills
management is young but still did a good job
coworkers are amazing and made work more enjoyable
Pros
costumer service skills
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and great for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2016
great for students, it is mostly folding cloths and helping customers and doing stock the people are nice and are hard workers. the hardest part of the job was running back and forth to find cloths that are in the back for the customers. Getting to know people would have been the best part.
Pros
lunch breaks, good people to work with
Fun and easy workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 4, 2016
Co-workers are fun and the job itself is basic. The hardest part of the job would be on a busy day and having to talk to everyone in the store and making sure everyone has their needs met in a timely and polite manner. Managers are tight about rules, managing the staff and keeping everyone productive.
Pros
Work Discounts, Paid breaks
Cons
not enough hours
productive, punctual, patient, leader, organized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2016
friendly co-workers and a management team.
Disciplined yet fun environment.
working with difficult customers is the challenging part of this job or every customer service job.
the most enjoyable part of this job is working with people, promoting the store and working with other workers who are enthusiastic on the sale floor.
Productive and costumer driven sales environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work for a seasonal sales associate at American Eagle, consisted of clocking in, and finding out what area in the store I was to cover.
I learned how to be patient and how to appropriately handle costumers to provide the most satisfying shopping experience during the holidays.
The management were exceptional. Great people, welcoming, and available to provide assistance when needed.
Co-workers were great as well.
The hardest part of the job was trying to manage the demands of the various costumers that came in the store.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide costumers with a satisfying experience.
Great workplace environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 30, 2016
Watch a video on the latest news and promotions for the store then fill out a goal sheet for the day. It gave me more confidence since you had to approach people and try to get them to buy clothes. Hardest part of the job was to try and influence customers when their minds were made up.
Pros
Snacks in the backroom
Cons
Cut shifts at the last minute, not being scheduled for weeks
Productive and fun work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 20, 2016
There were many different sections to be placed per shift, for example one shift I would be strictly cash, the next shift I would be strictly sales and selling on the floor, another shift I could be working the fitting rooms. Lots of variety which is what made the job enjoyable. The co-workers were very tight knit and always stood by each others side.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours
it was a fun place to work at, but it was unorganized.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCMay 9, 2016
the work environment was fun, everyone would try to help each other out. shifts were cut short often and changes to the schedule were spontaneous. work was simple and easy to do, you work quickly and sometimes customers were rude but you just have to work through that.
Pros
you get good discounts on clothes
Cons
unorganized
Ignorant Management
Sales Associate / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 25, 2016
Honestly, I loved my job up until they got new assistant managers who were nothing but rude and ignorant towards the employees.

Everything was done by favoritism, and that was done by who would do the most for each manager within the store. if you didn't do what they wanted (non-work related) you were treated awful.

Besides the Management team (excluding 2 people) my co-workers were AMAZING. i loved working with everyone and teaching them all new things and making sure they were having an amazing day!

The hardest part of the job would probly be keeping up with every customer and their needs.

The most enjoyable park of the job would be getting to see the look on someone' s face when you help them find something that makes them not only look but feel amazing in!
Pros
Great Associates, Great customers
Cons
rude and ignorant management
Tense environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2016
I dreaded coming in to work everyday. I disliked the management and the monotonous work. None of the management seemed as if they cared for the staff and there was no attempt to motivate sales associates. The manager had no qualms about berating an associate in the presence of other associates and treated certain staff terribly. The most enjoyable part of my day was clocking out.
Pros
The sales associates
Cons
The management
They're terrible for overhiring
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 7, 2016
I have't worked since boxing day 2016 because they haven't figured out that there are associates who haven't worked in forever.
Pros
During busy hours work is enjoyable
Cons
Can be boring during dead hours, not a lot of options tasking-wise; some coworkers are a little catty
Fun work environment, great co-workers
Stock Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 30, 2016
For a part time retail job it was probably the best. Typical days could vary between being really slow or to being quite busy.
Pros
Discounts on clothing, good work environment
Cons
Retail, part-time only
fun minimum wage job, ideal for students.
Sales Associate/Stylist (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMarch 1, 2016
Typical retail job but I find that American Eagle treats their employees very well. The company has little rules regarding clothing (you don't have to wear their clothes, you just do because the discount is amazing), all they ask if that you dress in season and appropriately like most jobs. Great, fun environment. Opportunity to make good connections with your co-workers. I definitely enjoy going to work each day and I will miss the company when I have to leave after graduation.
Pros
amazing discounts, laid back environment, flexible hours.
Cons
short hours, little opportunity for more hours unless in a manager position or open availability.
Amazing!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 25, 2016
The managers and staff were beautiful people! Everyone was so accepting and it was a fun place to be. It was constantly a busy place and as a person that likes to be kept busy, it was awesome.
Pros
the discount
Cons
not enough hours
Work focused space with a fast paced environment
"Overnight Merchandise Associate" (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2016
Fast paced work environment with a lot of tasks at hand constantly. Most of my shift were casual overnight shifts. the hardest part of my job was how it went overnight.
fun environment, disorganised management
Emerging Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
Love the people and the company.. the management at store level are very disorganized and moving up in the store level is complicated and they are not honest with you during the process. But if your new to retail of just want a sales job , it is great.
Pros
amazing discounts
Cons
management inconsistencies.
Great Place to work at for PART TIME
Fashion Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2016
If your a student looking for a job with flexible hours and great staff then this Is a place for you. Friendly staff, great discounts and rewards and a fun place you would enjoy working at
longer then advertissed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONAugust 24, 2016
I worked for american eagle for roughly 2 months in that time i had only 3 shifts that were meant to be 4 hour all turned into 8 hour-10 hour shifts. besides that the discounts were amazing!
Fun workplace and amazing co-workers
Part-time Sales Associate/Jean Expert (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 16, 2016
Sell company's clothes
Customer behaviour
Management was poor because I do not get any hours
Co-workers were fun and easy to get along with
Trying to sell Reward Points Card
Enjoyable part of the job is to interact with customers and work with my co-workers
Pros
Good discount
Cons
No hours
American Eagle review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2016
Doing my coop at A&E was definitely a good choice. learned so much from working their. There where times I thought they were overly using me, but at the end of the day I got a lot of experience and I'm happy about that.
Pros
I got half off all store items.
Cons
They worked me hard.

American Eagle Outfiters Reviews by Location