American Eagle Outfiters Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace with great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCJuly 12, 2016
learned how important team building is and the most enjoyable part of working here is the appreciation people have when you help them.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not enough hours
productive, punctual, patient, leader, organized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2016
friendly co-workers and a management team.
Disciplined yet fun environment.
working with difficult customers is the challenging part of this job or every customer service job.
the most enjoyable part of this job is working with people, promoting the store and working with other workers who are enthusiastic on the sale floor.
Work focused space with a fast paced environment
"Overnight Merchandise Associate" (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2016
Fast paced work environment with a lot of tasks at hand constantly. Most of my shift were casual overnight shifts. the hardest part of my job was how it went overnight.
They're terrible for overhiring
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 7, 2016
I have't worked since boxing day 2016 because they haven't figured out that there are associates who haven't worked in forever.
Pros
During busy hours work is enjoyable
Cons
Can be boring during dead hours, not a lot of options tasking-wise; some coworkers are a little catty
Regional role
Regional Director Canada (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 3, 2016
Very weak leadership in this company. Directional no involvement required to work there. Canada is at the mercy of the USA.
not enough hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 1, 2016
Doesn't offer a lot of hours, shifts are usually only three hours long. Although the staff is friendly and the environment is welcoming
Pros
great discounts
Cons
management
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 18, 2016
Great way to meet and greet customers and learn different sales techniques. Learn to multi-task and work with different people.
Fun work place!
Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 11, 2016
I loved working here. Great environment. I learned many things working here, such as customer service, cleaning techniques and handling cash. Management was fantastic and very accommodating with my schedule.
Pros
Fun environment
Fun, welcoming work environment
Sales Associate / Replenish (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 9, 2016
A typical day at work included simply refolding and refolding clothes, I did not learn much other than organization skills because the management thought I paid attention to details well which benefited the looks of the store. Management was very nice and willing to help for the most part which was nice. The coworkers were harder to get along with and there was not as much teamwork involved within shifts which was a new experience for me after working at McDonald's. The hardest part of the job was trying to accomplish the goals because the up selling process was more different than McDonald's but it was still a relatively easy work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers figure out a nice outfit for certain occasions and seeing them glow up when they find something they feel good in.
Pros
Great discounts, great experience, fun management
Cons
Replen can be difficult when unorganized, customers are sometimes extremely difficult, hard to advance in the job
it was a fun place to work at, but it was unorganized.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCMay 9, 2016
the work environment was fun, everyone would try to help each other out. shifts were cut short often and changes to the schedule were spontaneous. work was simple and easy to do, you work quickly and sometimes customers were rude but you just have to work through that.
Pros
you get good discounts on clothes
Cons
unorganized
Productive and costumer driven sales environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work for a seasonal sales associate at American Eagle, consisted of clocking in, and finding out what area in the store I was to cover.
I learned how to be patient and how to appropriately handle costumers to provide the most satisfying shopping experience during the holidays.
The management were exceptional. Great people, welcoming, and available to provide assistance when needed.
Co-workers were great as well.
The hardest part of the job was trying to manage the demands of the various costumers that came in the store.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide costumers with a satisfying experience.
Great workplace environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 30, 2016
Watch a video on the latest news and promotions for the store then fill out a goal sheet for the day. It gave me more confidence since you had to approach people and try to get them to buy clothes. Hardest part of the job was to try and influence customers when their minds were made up.
Pros
Snacks in the backroom
Cons
Cut shifts at the last minute, not being scheduled for weeks
Ignorant Management
Sales Associate / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 25, 2016
Honestly, I loved my job up until they got new assistant managers who were nothing but rude and ignorant towards the employees.

Everything was done by favoritism, and that was done by who would do the most for each manager within the store. if you didn't do what they wanted (non-work related) you were treated awful.

Besides the Management team (excluding 2 people) my co-workers were AMAZING. i loved working with everyone and teaching them all new things and making sure they were having an amazing day!

The hardest part of the job would probly be keeping up with every customer and their needs.

The most enjoyable park of the job would be getting to see the look on someone' s face when you help them find something that makes them not only look but feel amazing in!
Pros
Great Associates, Great customers
Cons
rude and ignorant management
Productive and fun work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 20, 2016
There were many different sections to be placed per shift, for example one shift I would be strictly cash, the next shift I would be strictly sales and selling on the floor, another shift I could be working the fitting rooms. Lots of variety which is what made the job enjoyable. The co-workers were very tight knit and always stood by each others side.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours
i had fun in this job
PART- TIME SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 16, 2016
I learned a lot regarding customer service, selling and even keeping the store up to standard, I have also learned how to execute floorset instructions and it basically gives you more hours especially when you can work late.
American Eagle review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2016
Doing my coop at A&E was definitely a good choice. learned so much from working their. There where times I thought they were overly using me, but at the end of the day I got a lot of experience and I'm happy about that.
Pros
I got half off all store items.
Cons
They worked me hard.
fun environment, disorganised management
Emerging Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
Love the people and the company.. the management at store level are very disorganized and moving up in the store level is complicated and they are not honest with you during the process. But if your new to retail of just want a sales job , it is great.
Pros
amazing discounts
Cons
management inconsistencies.
Tense environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2016
I dreaded coming in to work everyday. I disliked the management and the monotonous work. None of the management seemed as if they cared for the staff and there was no attempt to motivate sales associates. The manager had no qualms about berating an associate in the presence of other associates and treated certain staff terribly. The most enjoyable part of my day was clocking out.
Pros
The sales associates
Cons
The management
Welcoming place to work
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2016
All of my co-workers and managers were great! They were welcoming, understanding and considerate. Great company to work for.
Lively and Functional Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 20, 2016
I had a great time working at American Eagle Outfitters, i gained valuable retail experience and customer service skills which i could apply to my self in the coming future.
Pros
Helpful Manager
Cons
Seasonal Contract

American Eagle Outfiters Reviews by Location