American Eagle Airlines

American Eagle Airlines Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good learning experience
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flying benefits, paid vacations
Cons: horrible pay, no job security
Helped me gain a vast knowledge and experience in the line of work
Fleet Service Agent/Lead (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: job security
Excellent work atmosphere. Station manager was very passionate about welfare of employees.
I learned multiple facets of security to include both data and physical.
I was consistently devoted to my team.
I became a new-hire trainer after 19 months of employment.
I became closing-shift lead agent after 20 months.
I was cross-trained in all aspects of – more... the station operations:
Ramp Security
Boarding/Passenger Security
Data/Physical Security – less
Eagle
Pilot - First Officer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2014
Fast paced, large company. Transporting passengers to and from their destinations.
great group of workers. Horrible management
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARJune 25, 2014
Not sure how much longer this company will be around. Not sure why anybody would work here. Starting pay is around 16 per hour. Look around you can find much better jobs. Benefits are also terrible. Fly for free? NOPE. Work nights? YEP.
fun place to work
Fleet Service Clerks (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 21, 2014
-Lift baggage and boxes/packages weighing up to 70 lb.
-Load, unload, and transfer baggage, cargo and mail from carts, conveyor belts and on and off aircraft
-Manually push/pull loaded carts into position for loading or hook up to pushback tractor
-Perform work that involves repeatedly lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling items which weigh about 40 – more... lbs on
average and can weigh over 75 lbs, lift 75 to more than 100 pieces of cargo in 30 minutes
-Count baggage/cargo being during upload/ unload operations.
-Bend/stoop and crawl to move and stack/unstack cargo in aircraft and Climb inside aircraft belly to rearrange
loads as necessary for balance and security
-Guide aircraft into and out of the terminal jetway areas by communicating with pilots
-Communicate with the Control Center and other departments to ensure efficient and safe aircraft and baggage
movement
-Communicate with passengers.
-Operate a variety of equipment, including two-way radios, baggage transfer vehicles, and handheld tracking
devices on a daily basis
-Drive and operate various types of ground support equipment in loading/unloading aircraft, transferring cargo, and
repositioning aircraft
-Ensure that tooling, equipment, vehicles, and the facilities are operated in a safe and proficient manner and are
always turned-over in good order
-Ensure proper and clear documentation of all pieces in shipment (both inbound and outbound) is received
-De-icing of Aircrafts
-Maintain a good working knowledge of all security directives, manuals, tariffs, standards, policies, procedures,
and reference materials integral to a safe and efficient operation
-Ensure compliance with American, American Eagle and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and
policies.
-Other duties as assigned. – less
It was fun and a great experience...
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: away from home a lot..
Great company to work for. Management was very good and always there to help. I love working with people and this job was definitely the job for it. It was fun and everyday was a challenge...
Company Stabilty is Uncertain
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 7, 2014
Pros: free travel on coach on american american eagle and us airways
Cons: not enough staffing and pay is the worst pay in the aviation industry
Company is being restructured and under bankruptcy changes. Future is undetermined at present time
Flight Attendant / IOE Instructor (Current Employee), Dallas/ Ft. Worth TXMay 6, 2014
Pros: had 3 days a week off work.
Cons: sometimes started very early in morning, and finished very late at night.
Provided safety for passengers onboard aircraft. Work unsupervised, and scheduled myself.
Good experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Juan, Puerto RicoMay 6, 2014
Great job experience. Never boring moment. Aprox. 15 years of hard work and learning the a, b, c and d, e, f of service to the hardest clients I'll ever had.
Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2014
After 14 years , 8 years of commuting from Boston to either New York or Chicago , am looking forward to working closer to home.

Learned how to work with the general public , proveide safe and comfortable flight for passengers.
cool
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Charlotte NCApril 25, 2014
Pros: good peo[le
Cons: no breaks or overtime always short staffed
work 10 flight in 6 hours no real management present belive in working with little to no people on the ramp side and do not belive in paying over time at all
Was once a terrific place to work.
Analyst, Technical Publications, Editor Group (Former Employee), DFW Airport, TexasApril 25, 2014
Regional and mainline carriers are the field I've come to enjoy.
Great company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 24, 2014
Pros: flying benefits, time off, we could pick up hours from somebody else and they could work for us when we needed
Cons: frankly i have no complaints
Was an exelent company to work for, Everything they have was organized so everything would run smoothly, .
Great place to work.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), New YorkApril 19, 2014
Pros: every day contact with people.
I learn to deal with customers in their best and worst day. Also how to work with people during an emergency .Had amazing co workers. The hardest part of the job was been away from my family.I enjoyed everything.
poor management
Station Agent (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 14, 2014
there is no job security. management does not care about you
Maintenance Hanger of the Eagle's life
Mechanic (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXApril 6, 2014
Pros: fun working schedule with easy advancement to management
Cons: third shift and the night life
Union time is the best. Clock in at certain time and always clock out at a certain time. Co-workers are the best. Fun and easy going group of guys. The most enjoyable part of the job is done with your task and chill out. On the other hand, the hardest part of the job is getting us to be on the bottom of the todum pole...and of course getting use to – more... the night life of the third shift. – less
The work was challenging and fun. Many different opportunities to learn new skills.
Techical Clerk Tech Publications. (Former Employee), DFW, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: temporary assignment
I worked at everything that management needed. Some of my daily duties involved basic emails, research for projects,debugging software, auditing programs and working on Excel spreadsheets and word documents.

I learned I learn quickly and can do whatever is required.

My assignment was temporary for two weeks. It turned into 6 months. Management kept – more... finding work for me because I did what they asked no questions. Just get the job done! – less
Excellent Team Work Environment.
Lead Gate Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: better pay rating scale
One of the best Airlines in America. Wonderful workers, management, and company to work for.
Fast Paced, High Stress, Poor Managment, No Recognition.
Station Agent (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free standby travel, additional travel discounts, health insurance.
Cons: managment, training, delays, holidays, pay, pay schedule, pay accuracy, probation period, ease of standby travel, employees calling in/not showing up
I have yet to really feel as part of a team or family here with this company.

Fast paced job / 24-hour operation / Angry passengers / Poor Management.

Job that requires A LOT of patience and excellent time management skills. Company has a training program for everything, and requires it be completed recurring yearly. However, trainings aren't very – more... good, rarely hands on, and usually very quick because there is an operation to run! We are almost always short-staffed. Without a doubt underpaid, and completely overworked.

I have never been so dissapointed with a job in my life. – less
Just say now and walk out the door! Hope Envoy Fires the lot (Supervisors)
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2014
Pros: great flight attendant's and team spirit (outside of ord)
Cons: you spend more money then you make - not worth it!
By far this was one of the worst job decisions I've ever made in my life! Supervisors are nothing but door stops - they will lie and report you to HR, in turn attempt to terminate you. if that's not bad enough; if you're based out of New York - you're responsible to get to either JFK or LGA. Scheduling for the most part sends you to JFK when you're – more... at LGA - when you get to JFK, you can't sign in for your flight and scheduling would just laugh and say, did we say JFK - we meant LGA... So,now you have to pay 35.00 to get to LGA for your sign in or you will be reported for a late sign in, While you're cheap polyester uniform is melting in the hot New York summer heat!

This is a totally screwed up company; I've spent more money working for this place then I've made! I love the regional planes, I have no complaints there - if you like regional, stick with PSA, Expressjet or Silver Wings! Stay away from Eagle... Not worth the expense nor the suffering. Union..? Oh, if you call AFA a union...

Most of the CRJ's Captains (NOT ALL) have ego's from NYC to LAX - they believe they are Boeing 777-9XX Captains at the age of 32... All Riddle grads too - go figure... – less

1 2 3 4 5