AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES

AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a great working environment
Maintenance Manager -792 Bed - Villas at Babcock (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2015
Pros: working with student from all around the world
Cons: working straight thru August with no time off
Every morning I would read e-mails for students and corporate office, then delegate any issue that needed immediate attention. I would then focus on my daily reports.
Fun
Community Assistant (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 3, 2015
Very Busy
Great Experience
Friendly Staff
Flexible Hours
Served as a customer relations liaison for students and parents.
Displayed a strong customer focus.
Served as a leader in my community.
Gained sales experience.
Strengthened my problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
Productively testing my limits
Night Desk Attendant/ AM Receptionist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 20, 2015
To simply describe my position, I was a graveyard shift receptionist. It was a great job during my time in school because I'm more of a night owl and more productive during late hours. I could work, study, and do my own thing. I always made sure I got my tasks done quickly and the rest of my job was watching over the lobby concierge desk and helping residents if they needed anything. The hardest part of my job was having to stay up and in that sense, I was constantly tested both mentally and physically.
A Company with Great Culture and Ambition
Corporate Bookkeeping and Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TX (Remote)May 13, 2015
Pros: Great Culture and Management
Cons: The August TURN
As my roles within ACC are dynamic no workday is ever the same and everyday is typically atypical but always rewarding and challenging. ACC nurtures and develops its "Stars" providing training and opportunities for advancement. The culture of ACC is where it shines the most with everyone being accountable for the curb appeal of it's many properties from the Regional Managers to the Community Assistants but with this accountability comes equal amounts of light hearted fun through social media contests, conferences, and office outings; even making the ever challenging "TURN" enjoyable.

ACC has nurtured my growth and I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a challenging but rewarding company to work for!
Laid back and fun
Community Desk Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 19, 2015
Majority of the time I did homework and watched movies. Co-Workers are nice and Management is always willing to help. Choose your own shifts. Third shift is not too bad.
Fun environment where your hard work pays off.
Community Assistant (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 10, 2015
Pros: Customer Interaction, Promotion Opportunities
Cons: N/A
This is a great experience. I have the opportunity interact with our great residents while assisting them in anything that they need while living here on our property. This job is something that I greatly enjoy doing.
Fun inviting multiple ammenities
Night Desk Attendant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: low pay
Fun friendly environment. Great co-workers and amazing management. Can be very fast passed work or a very nice quiet night.
This company needs to work on it's ethics.
Leasing Officer (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 25, 2015
I worked here and the experience will forever contribute to the skills that I have in further job opportunities but this company's outlook needs to change in order for it to remain a leader in it's field.
The management does not do a good job at handling the paper work and making sure that things run smoothly in the offices.
Not a bad place
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), United StatesFebruary 17, 2015
The business can be fickle, but you will learn a lot about housing and there are opportunities to move up. Your advancement is at the mercy of your regional manager, so if you are not their favorite, then you won't move up.
fun workplace low team moral poor managment
Lead maintenance technician (Former Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: one free lunch per week
Cons: management, staff, 30 minute lunch
beautiful facilities great company but poor leadership and no bonus structure below front of house management. short lunch and lack of knowledge of ones job description will lead to trouble real fast.
and there is no hesitation for a write up either.
great place to work
Community Assistant (Former Employee), Prairie View, TXDecember 28, 2014
great people to work with
very flexible
always active
great culture
hardest part of job dealing with unhappy parents
learned different account systems
able to travel to different sites to expand knowledge
great management
Customer service driven organization with a dedicated team and staff
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 23, 2014
Fun and flexible environment that allows employees to work and interact with residents in a social atmosphere. Staff meetings were short and to the point, and as long as events were properly planned, Resident Advisers had general autonomy to plan events that would best reach their residents.
A fun and productive community at UCI
Community Assistant (Current Employee), Irvine, CANovember 15, 2014
I am a Community Assistant at Puerta del Sol, an America Campus Community I learned many different skills while working for ACC. I work in the office, and also out of my apartment, as I am responsible for the residents living on my floor and the floor above me. I plan programs and ensure their overall safety and well being. This job has challenged me and pushed me to improve in professional and personal areas.
Great Place to start your career
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: pay could be better
American Campus Community is a great company to work with to start your career. You will learn a lot and they really believe in promoting within the company. As in any company there are days when thing don't go well but overall it is a great company. The skills that you will learn with this company will equip you to work in any other workplace.
Simply the best!
General/Area Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NM, Bowling Green, OH, Ypsi, MISeptember 7, 2014
Pros: student staff, residents, mentoring, competitive environment.
Cons: couldn't feed my appetite at the time. should have taken my own advice.
Loved working there. Loved the energy, the challenge and the rewards for hitting goals and targets. I worked hard and I played hard. Chances are if you didn't like it, you weren't doing your job, or you were sitting there complaining to complain. Yeah, it was tough sometimes and I, like many thought I was smarter than everyone, but things are in place for a reason. I tried to stay the course and when – more... I did I was rewarded. I wasn't afraid to push the envelope, but I also didn't shut down when something didn't go my way. It is a job, not your life, once you realize that, you will be fine. Sometimes you have to be patient-you are a piece to the puzzle, just because you are feeling froggy doesn't mean you are ready to jump into the next pond. Work hard, be a team player, and watch what happens. The company continues to grow and do great things. Embrace it and do what makes you happy or move on. Those on the outside looking in, have no hesitation if you work hard, be patient, and dare to be great, then this company is for you. If you are just looking for a pay check, well, you gotta earn the one you want and can live with. That takes time. Good luck and enjoy the ride. – less
Loved going to work everyday and loved my job
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Amherst, NYAugust 30, 2014
Pros: worked with a great staff
As the maintenance manager I worked independently by performing administrative and managerial work that involves coordinating and supervising the activities of the maintenance and/or housekeeping staff and outside vendors engaged in maintaining and repairing ACC buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment. Responsible for supervising, coordinating, and controlling all costs of maintenance and repair operations, to insure the highest quality product and service, and to maximize the profitability of the operation. I supervise and ensure the safe operation, maintenance and repair of all facility equipment, including compliance with all health, safety and OSHA programs, policies, procedures, and reports.
Great company with Great Opportunities
Resident Director (Former Employee), Prairie View, TXAugust 18, 2014
This company is very welcoming and open. Anything you want to learn they are willing to teach you so that you may advance yourself with the company.
Learning and cultivating workplace
Residential Hall Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2014
Working for American Campus Communities has been an experience that i will never forget. it has taught me a lot about the need for balance, time management, and knowing who i am as a person.
Pleasant Atmosphere
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Fairborn, OHJuly 2, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: part time only
I enjoy working for American Campus Communities at The Province. It is a pleasant work environment, laid back and friendly. The pay is good for what I do but I only get part time hours and no benefits. I would recommend this place to work
Sociable and friendly working environment
Leasing Manager (Current Employee), Starkville, MSJune 21, 2014
Pros: flexibility, meeting new and exciting people
Cons: amount of pay versus the amount of work done
A typical day at work is calling potential prospects for the upcoming school year to sign a leasing agreement with us. Marketing and Advertising for the property. Taking tours and signing leasing agreements. Handling roommate conflicts. What I've learned from working at Campus Trails is that you have to have patients and always be willing to understand and compromise with others. Management plays a big part of leasing and marketing. The co-workers are willing to do whatever it take to get the property filled to 100% occupancy. The hardest part of the job is leaving before getting all the work for the day completed. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people to build rapport with the residents.

1 2 3 4

About AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES

American Campus Communities (ACC) actually does most of its business off campus. The self-managed real estate investment trust – Read more

AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES Photos