American Campus Communities

American Campus Communities Employee Reviews

Sad
Former Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA14 December 2016
Its an easy repetitive job. The service desk associate is disrespected and ignored daily. The pay is not worth the aggravation. There is no room for growth and no pay raise raises . Upper management is retired navy whom have no respect for women or minorities. They will pay for classes geared towards the company but there's no promotions so what's the point.
Pros
Paid leave and sick days
Cons
Pay, no growth, no team effort lots of favortism
Great Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA24 October 2016
Excellent company culture, financially stable, employee and customer focused. Stock options for Management, great benefits. All around great company.
Pros
Cons
Work Life Balance
ok company but very hard to advance.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ17 November 2016
Benefits are really expensive, pay does not cover workload. Management is not honest about your advancement opportunities.
Good Work Environment
Financial Analyst - Portfolio Management (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX6 June 2016
Good company with a great culture, benefits far outweigh any cons. Definitely a learn on your own company with little structured training.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Limited official training
Interactive and Fast Paced
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL7 April 2016
A tight-knit office of employees who work towards the common goal of selling leases. A competitive work environment, dedicated to the client.
Pros
Use of amenities, work around my class schedule
Cons
No promotion/raises for Community Assistants regardless of time with the company
Not good
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NY11 December 2016
This particular dorm at this campus has unqualified individuals working in the office. The needs of the students in the dorms aren't taken very serious despite the enormous amount of money that is paid for them to reside there. Rules and regulations are good, but dorming is supposed to be a great experience for college students and this place takes all the fun out of it for them.
Unfortunately there are a lot of minorities that reside here and the office staff cannot really identify with anything about some of them, especially the neighborhoods where they lived, living environments (how these kids live and what occurs in the home, and educational facilities attended prior to attending college!11.50
Productive and Fun Workplace
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GA28 November 2016
American Campus is a great company to work for. The environment is very laid back making it easy to be productive at work. the company does a great good in keeping the residents entertained by allowing us to host different events. There isn't much growth unless you live in the Austin Texas Area where the corporate headquarters is located.
Pros
Laid back enviroment
Cons
Career Grwoth
Support of Residents
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Texas20 December 2016
ACC would take the time and plan monthly events for the students free of charge to them. Such as pizza parties and poker, movie nights.
Pros
free lunches at times, great enviorment
Cons
Not enough training, Over looked for promotions
Great structure
COMMUNITY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX15 February 2017
They had excellent training and opportunities to grow within the company after college. Pay wasn't good and the work environment varied depending on the time of the year and who they had in office at that point in time. They were consistent on when they wanted across the company and their values were consistent.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Staff
Horrible
Porter/maintenance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA15 February 2017
Management in Atlanta ga talk horrible behind your back pays you only $9 for three buildings to get on your hands and knees. Discrimination is high especially if you have a accident.
Pros
Non
Cons
Management lack of handling money and giving respect
Excellent Company, Mean Co-Workers
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX26 October 2016
Your personal business is not yours or private if you accept a position at this corporation. The best way to enter this coveted corporate office is to start your career as a bookkeeper at a property. That is the only way your co-workers will accept you into the fold.
Challenging & Fast Paced
General Manager (Current Employee) –  United States30 November 2016
You can gain a lot of valuable experience from one position as you wear many hats and encounter a diverse group of people on a daily basis.
Pros
Abundace of training resources and corporate support.
Cons
The notable corporate culture does not trickle down to property employees.
Community Assistant
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MI14 November 2016
Customer service • Leasing and marketing • Resident Management
Systems • Event planning and budgeting • Led property tours •
Responsible for contracts and sales.
A REIT focused on growth.
Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX26 October 2016
Great culture, nice people to work with and for. They need more strategic direction in their IT and App development efforts. They may be struggling with that but they are working on it.
Pros
Free breakfast every Friday.
Cons
They need more direction.
Best Job Ever
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OH20 January 2017
Best Job Ever, the company treats there employees like gold. Its fun interacting with students and organizing and facilitating programs for the residents. Work schedules are flexible, which works well because we are students and school is our first priority.
Very fluid environment
They also assist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TX3 January 2017
Not much was happening that i could say i had a bad experience working here. Everyone for the most part got along and the problems that did pop up were easy to solve.
Very friendly job that allows me to interact with residents.
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TX2 May 2016
A typical day being a community assistant involves answering phone calls, dealing with maintenance issues and requests, taking payments, receiving leases, conducting wellness checks, and anything else needed by my resident director. I have learned how to multi-task at the front desk. Our management is great and very friendly. The hardest part of the job is trying to manage my job and stay on top of my school work. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the residents and maintaining a fun community.
Pros
Interacting with residents, helping solve problems
Cons
Sometimes not having time to finish my school work.
Strong Employee Focus
Senior Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NC31 October 2016
American campus communities puts a big focus on the students that work for them. They create their schedules around the school schedules and accommodate extra curricular as well.
A company Full of Drama False Promises and Lies !
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  California26 April 2013
I Worked for this Company for two years. They promoted me to Maintenance Manager from a Tech Position in the first six months I worked there.The General Manager and Regional Vice President were-personal friends and would make rash Judgements and accusations on Staff Members and make Rude Remarks about them. During Student Move Outs In June I was forced to work double shifts for weeks at a time with no compensation taking advantage of my salary based pay . I received little training or support from my Supervisors . The Benefits were the worst in the Industry. I was terminated with out explanation I am only sorry I wasted two years of my Life with American Campus Communities .
Pros
Monthly Employee Breakfasts
Cons
Long Hours, No Comunication, High Employee Staff turn over.
Great facility
Lead Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZ1 January 2016
Easy access to work orders. great hours and friendly staff.
Great working environment, clean facilities.
Beautiful location.
Pros
Heath care, stable work, benifits
Cons
Lack of bugets for large $$items