American Campus Communities Employee Reviews

Very friendly job that allows me to interact with residents.
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXMay 2, 2016
A typical day being a community assistant involves answering phone calls, dealing with maintenance issues and requests, taking payments, receiving leases, conducting wellness checks, and anything else needed by my resident director. I have learned how to multi-task at the front desk. Our management is great and very friendly. The hardest part of the job is trying to manage my job and stay on top of my school work. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the residents and maintaining a fun community.
Pros
Interacting with residents, helping solve problems
Cons
Sometimes not having time to finish my school work.
Gain valuable experience in student realty
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2016
This job works very well with school schedule and I learned valuable information about real estate. Management is very unorganized and can be degrading at times.
Pros
flexibility with schedule
Cons
time sacrifice even off the clock when on call, management
Horrible place to work!!
Maintenance/Porter (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 18, 2016
I worked with this company on the Norfolk Navy base, I was sexually harassed, and when I reported it to my Management they told the person I reported them and what was said. I have documents of every incident that occurred while working with this company. Management are horrible liars, they cause more drama then the workers. If management don't like you, they will harass you on a daily bases to force you to quit.
Pros
some of the workers were enjoyable to work with
Cons
short lunch break, no breaks in between
Interactive and Fast Paced
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILApril 7, 2016
A tight-knit office of employees who work towards the common goal of selling leases. A competitive work environment, dedicated to the client.
Pros
Use of amenities, work around my class schedule
Cons
No promotion/raises for Community Assistants regardless of time with the company
Good Work Environment
Financial Analyst - Portfolio Management (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 6, 2016
Good company with a great culture, benefits far outweigh any cons. Definitely a learn on your own company with little structured training.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Limited official training
Job and management
Community Assistant/Leasing Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 30, 2016
On a daily basis I give tours, do marketing and customer service with residents and potential residents of the complex I work at. In addition I handle leasing.
I am very fond of the management at American Campus and the corporation as a whole.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to sign a lease with a new resident. I love seeing new residents light up with happiness after they sign a lease,
Pros
Work enviornment and career opportunites
Building From Within
Senior Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 1, 2016
ACC is a great company to work for if you're looking for a future in housing management, especially student housing. They like to hire from within the company and build around those who have been with the company and know the companies procedures already.
Good First Job
ASSISTANT LEASING MANAGER - CASAS DEL RIO (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 30, 2016
You will meet many new people, mostly college students, and you can be assured that no two days will ever be the same as every day provides new challenges.
good job for college student
Senior Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 27, 2016
Great job for a college student looking to work while in school, gain experience and learn how to work as a team with co workers.
Great Place for student advancement
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 30, 2016
Working for american campus gives you the flexibility you need as a college student while also assisting in building you up as a work ready professional.
Fun workplace with awesome coworkers. Learned a lot!
COMMUNITY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJanuary 2, 2016
Fun, busy, Fast workplace with other collegiate students. I enjoyed going to work everyday. Management was very helpful but did not micromanage to much. They allowed you to learn on your own and ask for help when you needed it. The hardest part of the job was dealing with negative phone calls and parents, also negative events that took place on the property. I enjoyed going to work everyday and I also lived in the apartment complex as well so it made it very enjoyable, easy and the environment friendly.
Pros
Leniant, helpful management. Friendly environment, learned alot
Cons
Deal with a lot of negative events, parents, etc
The Lynd Co
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 8, 2016
Pretty good company overall.

My personal testimony is one sided because I worked with them in Fl, with the only student deals they offered.

I started my student housing career with them and I have taken much of that general knowledge with me.
Good part time job
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 2, 2016
I believe this is a great part time job, but would leave it at that. There is very little balance or time for a personal life and a bit of drama in the office.
Good company
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INApril 4, 2016
Job is demanding around turn, but overall it is a pretty solid job. NO growth, even though it is stated in training videos.
Good company with some bad people.
Lead Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Nice to work here with good work life balance.
New manager are like Robots who lack good human being.
Good location.
Enough holidays.
Overnight Information Desk Position
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 3, 2015
This position involved providing clients (students) with any information and/ or help needed. As a desk assistant (DA), you would work overnight and make sure students had 24 hour access to mail, maintenance, and other services. A DA had the responsibility of reporting any foul student behavior or notifying the on campus police in case of any emergency. It was a good opportunity to work here during school as it allowed time for school work, but the hours were strenuous.
Pros
Free time to do other work
Cons
Low pay, overnight shifts
Not a good work-life balance
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasSeptember 30, 2015
Not a good work-life balance- On-call for full-time staff members

Hard to find good full-time employees due to the lower pay for their positions.
Pros
Corporate will listen to your ideas, I feel like I have a voice with the company, I generally enjoy the corporate department and the environment they create.
Cons
Working the entire month of August 11+ hours, getting called a moment's notice for complaining tenants/parents in the middle of the night, being treated terribly by residents and parents due to issues out of your control, lower pay than competitor companies
Great facility
Lead Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 1, 2016
Easy access to work orders. great hours and friendly staff.
Great working environment, clean facilities.
Beautiful location.
Pros
Heath care, stable work, benifits
Cons
Lack of bugets for large $$items
what I learned
Porter (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 3, 2016
i learned how to maintain a large living quarters and as well a the protocol to follow with a team to manifest said maintenance
Pros
free lunches, friendly staff
Cons
n/a
Good Company
Sales Associate and Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 13, 2015
This is a great company to work for in college. They are great with working around your schedule and are very accommodating. The management staff is very friendly.