American Airlines

American Airlines Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Airline assistant.
Practicum student (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 17, 2014
Pros: airport work, free parking, and great coworkers.
Cons: temp position, split shifts.
Great airline with great employees, all are generally close as they have been there for a number of years working together. Management was great and conveyed day-of tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Taught new employees and practicum students the ins and outs of how the Airline works.
Fun workplace but low pay
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 28, 2013
Pros: fun place
Cons: low pay
Fun workplace always meeting new people and assisting, however the pay is low to start. Hardest part is pushing people in wheelchairs, and when there are flight delays.
Awesome work place. Interesting and exciting
Passenger service rep/Ticket agent (Former Employee), Dorval, QcJuly 20, 2013
I absolutely loved my time at American Airlines. The hours were constantly changing and every day brought new challenges and adventures.

My co-workers were great and they made the shifts go by faster and we had a great time.
fun
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver International AirportMarch 7, 2013
LOve working with fun people

Vancouver International Airport
a great enviorment to work in
Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 11, 2012
everyone was nice, friendly and helpful
it was a job where you would meet new people everyday
it was an enjoyable place to work at
Diverse workplace with an ever changing environment
Lead Agent/Supervisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 14, 2012
Pros: great work family environment
Cons: can be long hours during off schedule operations.
- Day to day scheduling, keeping up to date of off scheduled operations, weather and staff.
- inform vendors and suppliers of any changes is policy and procedures
- Training of new hires and recording of continued training of all personnel.
Practicum at American Airlines
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 24, 2012
Pros: great opportunities
Cons: grumpy customers
~ A typical day at American Airlines to check passengers in, assist any passenger with dissabilities (wheelchair), escort minors travelling alone, Board passengers in plane.

~ I learned how an Airline get run, how customer service is very important in an Airline and any other job. I gained the skill of working under pressure, solve problems that will – more... benefit customer and company

~ I experience management situations when escorting a minor through airport security who was travelling alone. It was I reponsible for the minor until he was at the aircraft sited.

~ It is very important at times to work as a team, but also know when to work alone and overcome hard situations as everyone has they're own tasks.

~ Dealing with customers who do not want to back down when something goes wrong.

~ The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you did your best to help everyone, and you gain everyday a new experience and learn from everything. – less
Fun workplace with very nice people
Customer Service Agent YYC (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 19, 2012
Pros: flight benefits and medical benefits
Cons: split shifts
Very good company with a good management. Learned how to airline in general work by doing gate, check-in, baggage service, ticketing and operations. Great team of employees. The hardest part of the job is morning hours. You have to be at work at 4 am. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and the benefits.
Excellent job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), JFK International AirportAugust 26, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: long hour days up to 16 hrs
A typical day at work will be seeing co-workers you have not seen in days, weeks, even months. Management was always professional with everyone. The hardest part of the job was being alone in layovers in special days and the most enjoyable was traveling the world.
A Day In A Life At American Airlines
Operational Coordinator (Current Employee), Oklahoma cityAugust 26, 2014
Pros: travel when flights allow
Cons: merging is not fun
Today was a typical day at work. Starting at 0500am 6 kickoff flights before 0700am. First one boarded up and went out of service at departure time. We have three gates and borrowing one from the city. The 0600 Chicago delayed to 0650 with crew legality problems, 0600 DFW mechanical and no place to put 0710 departure. I was working or answering questions – more... on three flights at the same time, while training a new agent. What I learned is Organization is everything and communication. Passengers following me from gate to gate knowing that I will get them where they need to be. We are short handed so not much to say about co-workers. The hardest part about my job is not being able to leave on time and getting my passengers to their destination like we had promised. I enjoy my job because of my passengers and I look in the mirror everyday and know without a shadow of a doubt I did the best I could. – less
Flying is not a job, it is a lifestyle!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2014
Pros: fly anywhere in the world at a whim.
Cons: long non-routine schedules due to weather or unexpected events.
The role of a flight attendant revolves around two major premises: Safety and Service. A typical day at work is never the same. Work environment is subject to frequent changes in climate and locales and involves variable hours and working conditions, changes in cabin altitude from sea level of 8,000 feet, variable positive and negative G loads and occasional – more... turbulence in flight. In actual operations, Flight Attendants may be rescheduled to remain on duty for up to 14 hours Domestic, 16 to 18 hours International. In an emergency, must be prepared to rapidly evacuate passengers from an aircraft, provide leadership, direct and assist passenger in accordance with government and company regulations. Service will include food and beverage services from a modest snack service on a short haul flight to a full course dinner on the long haul flights.

The most enjoyable part of the job is like being on vacation and getting paid for it. But the hardest part of the job is being away from home during those important holidays of the year, Christmas, Thanksgiving and important events such as birthdays, anniversary, weddings, etc. – less
Long hours away from home
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free travel
Cons: a lot of time away from home
It was a great job with great risks. A typical day was start 2 hours before flight time. Check in on the plane. Start getting safety equipment ready and make sure in place. Get passengers on board. Take a head count. Get out of the gate on time. Serve meals and drinks. Make sure passengers adhere to safety guidelines. Get everything stowed before 10000 – more... feet. Land and prepare for deboarding the plane. – less
Legacy airline with a strong pedigree
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free travel, flexibility
Cons: reserve flying
This career requires strong soft skills such as being dependable, adaptable, and being equipped with interpersonal skills which transcend culture and demographics. The Flight Attendant career requires that individuals be able to effectively work in a team environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction I got from serving others. – more... The most challenging part of the job is having to serve the mandatory reserve time because during that time I am idle. – less
Fast pace don't make a mistake business
Lead Station Agent/Supervisor (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 21, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: poor management and no room for error
Long days and hours
Loved the work
Some management was good. Others poor
Co-workers.. most were lazy
long hours and days. don't make mistakes because you will pay
love the flight benefits
Cooperative environment
Special Counsel (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2014
It was really good experience working on the US Air merger trial. I learned a lot and worked with really professional attorneys.
amex
customer service (Former Employee), plantation, flAugust 15, 2014
Pros: the pay is everything
Cons: micro-manage
Management is horrible, its all about favorites. Excellent pay but stressful environment. However corporate seems to care because if you submit a suggestion, they will listen.
Very involved tecnical environment - fast paced
Technical Crew Chief - Structural Repair (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: long hours
Enjoyed solving various maintenance problems. Training personnel on equipment and procedures. Management was very engaged. Co-workers were from all walks of life & learned a lot from them. Hardest part of job was the hours (midnights & weekends). Most enjoyable was seeing your work fly away in the morning.
Fast past environment
Account Development Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great advancement opportunities and benefits
Great place to work, great advancement opportunities. Learned how to lead employees and enjoyed working with corporate accounts.
Hate working in a Union Environment
Aircraft Maintenance Production Suprvisor (Former Employee), Alliance Airport, Fort Worth, TxAugust 13, 2014
I Loved the People there. Both Management and Hourly. Vey Supportive Environment.
AA Summary
Home Based Representative (Former Employee), Cary, NCAugust 11, 2014
Answered telephone calls regarding airline policies and information, and created and updated airline reservations for customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Airlines

AMR knows America's spacious skies -- and lots of others.┬áIts main subsidiary is American Airlines, one of the largest airlines – Read more

American Airlines Photos