American Airlines

American Airlines Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Atmosphere
Summer Part Time (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 22, 2014
I loved working at the airport. What a neat atmosphere and so addicting. It was neat chatting with people as to where they have been, or where they are headed too. Met some many unique individuals. I learned how to check people in, drive the sky bridge, how to do a final check and shut down of a plane overnight and how to do look for lost baggage. Truly – more... interesting job. The management was great, the co-workers were great and the majority of the customers were great. It was sad that it was only a summer position and the wage was not the greatest. But I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. – less
Airline assistant.
Practicum student (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 17, 2014
Pros: airport work, free parking, and great coworkers.
Cons: temp position, split shifts.
Great airline with great employees, all are generally close as they have been there for a number of years working together. Management was great and conveyed day-of tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Taught new employees and practicum students the ins and outs of how the Airline works.
Fun workplace but low pay
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 28, 2013
Pros: fun place
Cons: low pay
Fun workplace always meeting new people and assisting, however the pay is low to start. Hardest part is pushing people in wheelchairs, and when there are flight delays.
Awesome work place. Interesting and exciting
Passenger service rep/Ticket agent (Former Employee), Dorval, QcJuly 20, 2013
I absolutely loved my time at American Airlines. The hours were constantly changing and every day brought new challenges and adventures.

My co-workers were great and they made the shifts go by faster and we had a great time.
fun
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver International AirportMarch 7, 2013
LOve working with fun people

Vancouver International Airport
a great enviorment to work in
Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 11, 2012
everyone was nice, friendly and helpful
it was a job where you would meet new people everyday
it was an enjoyable place to work at
Diverse workplace with an ever changing environment
Lead Agent/Supervisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 14, 2012
Pros: great work family environment
Cons: can be long hours during off schedule operations.
- Day to day scheduling, keeping up to date of off scheduled operations, weather and staff.
- inform vendors and suppliers of any changes is policy and procedures
- Training of new hires and recording of continued training of all personnel.
Practicum at American Airlines
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 24, 2012
Pros: great opportunities
Cons: grumpy customers
~ A typical day at American Airlines to check passengers in, assist any passenger with dissabilities (wheelchair), escort minors travelling alone, Board passengers in plane.

~ I learned how an Airline get run, how customer service is very important in an Airline and any other job. I gained the skill of working under pressure, solve problems that will – more... benefit customer and company

~ I experience management situations when escorting a minor through airport security who was travelling alone. It was I reponsible for the minor until he was at the aircraft sited.

~ It is very important at times to work as a team, but also know when to work alone and overcome hard situations as everyone has they're own tasks.

~ Dealing with customers who do not want to back down when something goes wrong.

~ The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you did your best to help everyone, and you gain everyday a new experience and learn from everything. – less
Fun workplace with very nice people
Customer Service Agent YYC (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 19, 2012
Pros: flight benefits and medical benefits
Cons: split shifts
Very good company with a good management. Learned how to airline in general work by doing gate, check-in, baggage service, ticketing and operations. Great team of employees. The hardest part of the job is morning hours. You have to be at work at 4 am. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and the benefits.
overall a good company
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: rare breaks, long inconsistent hours, irregular schedule
Overall is a good company to work for, but it is hard to have a life at home if you are a flight attendant. Don't expect to have weekends of holidays off. I would only be home about 7 days a month. Expect to get up extremely early and go to bed late. Long hours. It is hard to even find time to eat during the day. These problems come from being a flight – more... attendant in general not from American Airlines. There is a great work environment and people are nice. They train you well. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that you meet on a daily basis and the travel benefits. – less
Great oppurtunity working for aircraft maintenance
Production Coordinator (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: typing skills improved, customer service experience
Cons: pay is not enought, no weekends off, no overtime
Sabre logbooks and creating workload for the night or turn arounds
Answering phone calls for supervisors and crew chiefs taking messages
I've learned alot about aircrafts, models or aircrafts, sabre
The hardest part is when it gets extremely busy and you are the only person
The most enjoyable part of my job mechanic's interesting stories
my coworkers – more... are great to work with and are willing to cover shifts – less
The dream job and company to work for
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Guadalajara, Jalisco MexicoSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free passes, travel around the world, exposure
Cons: family balance, long hours.
As a Sales Representative I had the opportunity to make my way up to Disctrict Sales Manager.

There were many things I learned in mi 13 years of service, I was in charge of top Sales and producers, incentives and special programs, I was able to travel around the world and enjoy meeting new people.

I had the opportunity to be Company and Country representative – more... to launch several promotions with new companies and places to increase company sales and meet goals.

The hardest part of the job were the long hours work and to have a balance with family time because my kids were babies.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to be in touch with travel agents, tour operators, tourism bureaus and commercial accounts, I am a great communicator and really enjoy talking to people, solving problems and moving on to increase long term relation for the company. – less
Insightful and Rewarding place to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), DFW AirportSeptember 14, 2014
For getting right out of college, it was the perfect job. I learned so much about myself and the world thanks to being able to travel.
use to love that job
LAUGUARDIA AIRPORT SECURITY PERSON (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: one hour lunch time
I use to love that job because that was my first job but the hard part was the timing for early morning .
Fun work environment with great benefits.
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Cary, NCSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: super flying and health benefits
Cons: unstable work hours
Typical day at American Airlines entailed of answering phones and assist customers with their travel needs. Sales of tickets, re-issuing vouchers, helping airport agents via phone to locate better flights and/or re-booking customers on different flights if there was any cancellations to customers travel arrangements.

I learned at American Airlines – more... that having a great work attitude and good work ethics along with superb customer service skills your success will exceed your own expectations.

Every supervisor I had in different departments at AA were fantastic. When I was monitored on calls and called into the office they always made sure that I felt good about my performance. I received multiple praises from customers all over the world for the customer service I provided and my supervisor always made sure I knew how much of a value I was to AA. I had a great work relation ship with all supervisors at AA.

Most of my co-workers were folks I had graduated the training class with and this allowed us to grow close as a team. There have never been any issues with another team member in my department, in fact when I resigned my position at AA after the birth of my son, my co-workers threw me a miss you party. We helped each other out when one was “stuck” on a question from a customer and did not know how to proper handle the situation.

The hardest part of my position at AA was trying to help and angry customers that just were canceled on a flight due to mechanical problems on the aircraft or as simple as weather related issues. Often these particular customers had flights of extreme importance to them because they either had to be at a funeral or some work seminar. I was able to manage and handle those customers but it does make it a bit though when someone your trying to assist in the best professional possible way and to help them reach their destination is yelling and not able to professionally communicate with you. That made the call last much longer yet I was always able to successfully satisfy the consumer.

I worked at the Advantage Department which was one of my favorite. I was able to use my creative skills to rout customers around the globe. Being able to have great communication skills came in handy when dealing with "high profile" clients such as movie stars. It was exciting to speak with someone that you just saw in a movie and to know that you just booked their flight to where they were going.
I also enjoyed receiving phone calls from other countries to assist German and Greek speaking passengers to locate lost Baggage or to help them understand where and how they could obtain their belongings. – less
Great Place to work
Senior e-commerce product owner (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great working culture
Cons: salary must be commiserate with industry
I enjoy working at America Airline, Great culture and seasoned professionals.
Most exciting work experience.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Something new everyday. Great experience in terms of learning time management.
Office Job
Account Analyst (Former Employee), BrazilSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunchs and transportations
Cons: comfortable hours
Typical office job routine
Team work
Friendly co workers
Focus on accountability was challenging
Had an opportunity to experience the cargo activities for an airline
Could improve my English skills with the American Management
Developer for American Air Lines
Senior Consultant, SABRE WorldFare Department (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: learned year 2000 updates were simple
Cons: discovered i was not as happy as a follower than a leader
Typical - Developer and Systems Analyst for AA Fares and Pricing Application

Learned - Year 2000 programming updates

Management - Excellent pre-9/11 working environment. Open communication. Learning opportunities. Expanding System updates. Excellent customer communication.

Co-workers - Seasoned Airline IS developers. History from the 1960's

Hardest – more... - Step down from Technical Team Leader AA

Most enjoyable - .Year 2000 updates to the AA Enterprise System – less
Call center aspect
Internet Help Desk and other projects (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: very team oriented organization
Cons: very challenging and demanding job
dealing with customers directly
Excellent team
Very strict organization

1 2 3 4 5

About American Airlines

AMR knows America's spacious skies -- and lots of others. Its main subsidiary is American Airlines, one of the largest airlines – Read more

American Airlines Photos