American Airlines

American Airlines Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Airline assistant.
Practicum student (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 17, 2014
Pros: airport work, free parking, and great coworkers.
Cons: temp position, split shifts.
Great airline with great employees, all are generally close as they have been there for a number of years working together. Management was great and conveyed day-of tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Taught new employees and practicum students the ins and outs of how the Airline works.
Fun workplace but low pay
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 28, 2013
Pros: fun place
Cons: low pay
Fun workplace always meeting new people and assisting, however the pay is low to start. Hardest part is pushing people in wheelchairs, and when there are flight delays.
Awesome work place. Interesting and exciting
Passenger service rep/Ticket agent (Former Employee), Dorval, QcJuly 20, 2013
I absolutely loved my time at American Airlines. The hours were constantly changing and every day brought new challenges and adventures.

My co-workers were great and they made the shifts go by faster and we had a great time.
fun
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver International AirportMarch 7, 2013
LOve working with fun people

Vancouver International Airport
a great enviorment to work in
Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 11, 2012
everyone was nice, friendly and helpful
it was a job where you would meet new people everyday
it was an enjoyable place to work at
Diverse workplace with an ever changing environment
Lead Agent/Supervisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 14, 2012
Pros: great work family environment
Cons: can be long hours during off schedule operations.
- Day to day scheduling, keeping up to date of off scheduled operations, weather and staff.
- inform vendors and suppliers of any changes is policy and procedures
- Training of new hires and recording of continued training of all personnel.
Practicum at American Airlines
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 24, 2012
Pros: great opportunities
Cons: grumpy customers
~ A typical day at American Airlines to check passengers in, assist any passenger with dissabilities (wheelchair), escort minors travelling alone, Board passengers in plane.

~ I learned how an Airline get run, how customer service is very important in an Airline and any other job. I gained the skill of working under pressure, solve problems that will benefit customer and company

~ I experience management situations when escorting a minor through airport security who was travelling alone. It was I reponsible for the minor until he was at the aircraft sited.

~ It is very important at times to work as a team, but also know when to work alone and overcome hard situations as everyone has they're own tasks.

~ Dealing with customers who do not want to back down when something goes wrong.

~ The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you did your best to help everyone, and you gain everyday a new experience and learn from everything.
Fun workplace with very nice people
Customer Service Agent YYC (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 19, 2012
Pros: flight benefits and medical benefits
Cons: split shifts
Very good company with a good management. Learned how to airline in general work by doing gate, check-in, baggage service, ticketing and operations. Great team of employees. The hardest part of the job is morning hours. You have to be at work at 4 am. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and the benefits.
fun work place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 23, 2015
I loved working for American Airlines in HSV until US Air took over the contract.
The co-workers are great to work with.
Aircraft Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: working as a team with fellow co-workers to get the job done
Cons: management decisions on lot of issues
The typical day is going in getting your job assignment on what you have repair that day, looking up the correct procedures to get the job done through the maintenance manuals. In the years of service there at American airlines I have became a skilled AMT ( Aviation Maintenance technician). Most all my co-worker had a sense of pride working on aircraft and or parts that goes on the aircraft.
The hardest things about working on airplanes is the tight places that you might have to get in, or the very heavy parts off the airplanes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the plane that you tore down to the hull or structure take off and fly away.
Educational
Aircraft Technician (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: college credits
Cons: no lunch
Very great place to work. very great people> the job was very informative. everyday was full of information THAT WAS DEMANDING TO BE GRASPED AND UTILIZED IN THE WORK PLACE.
Variety of NDT work was professionally challenging.
NDT Level III Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 20, 2015
My three years with American Airlines as an NDT Level III Specialist was very satisfying professionally. It was gratifying being able to use my experience and knowledge to improve the capabilities of the NDT Inspection Department and the Inspectors performing the work on the aircraft and its components.
Great Benifits
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2015
I loved working at American airlines because they do offer great benifits
Career
Agent (Former Employee), DFW Airport, TxJanuary 17, 2015
Worked all over the company in my career from Phones to Ticket counter to working the gates. Quality control, dealing with passengers to dealing with freight to all over the world. I worked for AMR / American Airlines since 1987-2014.
I enjoyed working at American Airlines
Tariff Representative Auditor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 15, 2015
I worked with an AWESOME team and supervisor and I enjoyed the job I was doing.
Enjoyed working for AA
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: lazy people.
Loading and unloading aircraft baggage
I learned how to balance the bellies of aircrafts so that the plane would be balanced on take off, during, and landing.
Co-workers were the best part of the job, met great people
The hardest part of the job was working with people who didn't want to work hard!
The most enjoyable part was being able to fly places for free.
Friendly caring people
Engine Records Specialist (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: rediculously slow hr processes
Great place to start and have a career. A lot of opportunities in a lot of different places.
Great Exposure
Commodity Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 13, 2015
Typical day at work include building financial analysis for specific projects, monitoring supplier performance improvement and addressing all of the unexpected issue from maintenance operations.
This was a job i started in working on the phone, and ended up as a mechanic.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Alliance AirportJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: the flight benefits.
Cons: retiring and losing some the great benefits.
This was a lot of fun working on the airport ramp, laughing and talking with co worker. I learn how our bag go through the system and meets us in the other cities. They are so much fun working together to get the plane out on time and having fun doing this. The heat and it so hot you could fried a egg on the ramp. The most enjoyable backing the plane off the gate with wands or flashlights at night.
Great Company
Reservation Rep (Former Employee), Fort Worth TexasJanuary 11, 2015
Great company to work for, great benefits, learn lots of new things

1 2 3 4 5

About American Airlines

AMR knows America's spacious skies -- and lots of others. Its main subsidiary is American Airlines, one of the largest airlines – Read more

American Airlines Photos