American Airlines

American Airlines Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Airline assistant.
Practicum student (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 17, 2014
Pros: airport work, free parking, and great coworkers.
Cons: temp position, split shifts.
Great airline with great employees, all are generally close as they have been there for a number of years working together. Management was great and conveyed day-of tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Taught new employees and practicum students the ins and outs of how the Airline works.
Fun workplace but low pay
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 28, 2013
Pros: fun place
Cons: low pay
Fun workplace always meeting new people and assisting, however the pay is low to start. Hardest part is pushing people in wheelchairs, and when there are flight delays.
Awesome work place. Interesting and exciting
Passenger service rep/Ticket agent (Former Employee), Dorval, QcJuly 20, 2013
I absolutely loved my time at American Airlines. The hours were constantly changing and every day brought new challenges and adventures.

My co-workers were great and they made the shifts go by faster and we had a great time.
fun
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver International AirportMarch 7, 2013
LOve working with fun people

Vancouver International Airport
a great enviorment to work in
Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 11, 2012
everyone was nice, friendly and helpful
it was a job where you would meet new people everyday
it was an enjoyable place to work at
Diverse workplace with an ever changing environment
Lead Agent/Supervisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 14, 2012
Pros: great work family environment
Cons: can be long hours during off schedule operations.
- Day to day scheduling, keeping up to date of off scheduled operations, weather and staff.
- inform vendors and suppliers of any changes is policy and procedures
- Training of new hires and recording of continued training of all personnel.
Practicum at American Airlines
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 24, 2012
Pros: great opportunities
Cons: grumpy customers
~ A typical day at American Airlines to check passengers in, assist any passenger with dissabilities (wheelchair), escort minors travelling alone, Board passengers in plane.

~ I learned how an Airline get run, how customer service is very important in an Airline and any other job. I gained the skill of working under pressure, solve problems that will – more... benefit customer and company

~ I experience management situations when escorting a minor through airport security who was travelling alone. It was I reponsible for the minor until he was at the aircraft sited.

~ It is very important at times to work as a team, but also know when to work alone and overcome hard situations as everyone has they're own tasks.

~ Dealing with customers who do not want to back down when something goes wrong.

~ The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you did your best to help everyone, and you gain everyday a new experience and learn from everything. – less
Fun workplace with very nice people
Customer Service Agent YYC (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 19, 2012
Pros: flight benefits and medical benefits
Cons: split shifts
Very good company with a good management. Learned how to airline in general work by doing gate, check-in, baggage service, ticketing and operations. Great team of employees. The hardest part of the job is morning hours. You have to be at work at 4 am. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and the benefits.
the traveling and customer service
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee), based in Boston San Juan and MiamiNovember 25, 2014
Pros: travel made lots of great friends
Cons: the commuting from base to home
I loved working in the airline business..miss the people to people contact and would love to return
Co-workers
Ground Handler (Former Employee), London Heathrow Airport, ENGNovember 23, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
This is where I began to work within a airport enviroment, and it is an eye opener for people starting to work within the ramp area of the airport. AA taught me alot before I moved on and they had some great people there to help newcomers to the airport.
great job hours/schedule
AOG Planner - Commercial Passenger Airline (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2014
Pros: satisfying work
Cons: no breaks
>situational challenges
>always something new to learn
>competent management
>great coworkers
>sitting at the desk for 12 hours
>flight passengers get to their destination with my help
Wonderful Place to Work
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), DFW HeadquartersNovember 13, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
American is a wonderful company. I was trained in many different areas in my 20 plus years at American. The benefits are great but my coworkers were better!
Great job but......
Station Agent (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 12, 2014
Great job, extremely flexible but just does not pay an acceptable salary in order to live.
I flew from New York to the West coast. Love being a flight atttendant. Love the passengers and received letters regarding my excellent.service.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), New York.November 11, 2014
Excellent company to work for, however, I worked for them many years ago. I worked for American Airlines as a flight attendant from 1955 to 1967 I tried to put in the years, however, your identifier did not go back far enough.
Recommendations
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis - Saint Paul, MNNovember 11, 2014
I would like to recommend Camille Shelton as a candidate for a position. As you can see from her resume that she is an asset for any open position within the company. She has excellent written and verbal communication skills, is extremely organized, able to learn tasks quickly and in a stressful situation.
Camille effectively scheduled and managed several – more... agents to maintain efficient and demanding operations. Offering her assistance to anyone on her team and going above and beyond she has an excellent relationship with the many clients, employees, and other professionals. She would be an asset to any Minnesota company and I recommend her for any open positions within the company. – less
has enviroment for growth
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 11, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction
Cons: long hours
I enjoy bringing all A&P mechanics expertise in minimizing down time of out of service aircraft through monitoring the training,details, and expand knowledge of maintenance manuals and systems.

I interact with Pilots and Ramp managers, and it can be a challenge to enable them to understand why at times aircraft repair takes time,
I try to make explaining – more... the working of a aircraft system in a way they will understand the complex methods required to be able to dispatch a down aircraft both on repair an safety .

I enjoy on being able to direct mechanics in corrective action of problems and seeing the flight dispatch with the least down time to the passengers.

I take pride in being able to communicate with all types of co-workers and enhance tier skills.. – less
American airlines
Maintenance Program Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 10, 2014
Great coworkers, good entry level, all the travel benefits of an American Airlines employee
Productive job with flight benefits!
International Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 8, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
At AA I received calls concerning reservations, accounts, or lost/damage luggage. I learned that working with the public can be challenging, but also can prove to be rewarding.
Great company with opportunity.
Corporate Instructor/Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: paid to travel and had the resources i needed to impart my knowledge.
Cons: restricted compensation but i loved what i did.
Excellent company with plenty of opportunities to advance. I supported a staff of approx. 12 Customer Service Instructors at the Corporate level as a Lead as well as facilitating training within the US and International locations. I learned every facet of the airline industry from being a Ticket Agent to Corporate Instructor. Management was quick to – more... listen to suggestions and acted as needed. One colleague is still my best friend. Getting communication of changes from Headquarters. The best part was visiting 45+ countries including 170+ cities and working with and meeting new friends. – less
A fantastic company to work for and the ability to visit the world
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to visit places in the world and provide good customer service
Cons: be away on days you wanted to be at home, but it was a unique opportunity to have fun away from home.
I had a good work package. Management was good and supportive flying was fun and a way to provide excellent customer service. Work days were every day including weekends, holidays and birthdays I liked that very much. It was a career. I miss American very much!

1 2 3 4 5

About American Airlines

AMR knows America's spacious skies -- and lots of others.┬áIts main subsidiary is American Airlines, one of the largest airlines – Read more

American Airlines Photos