American Airlines

American Airlines Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Atmosphere
Summer Part Time (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 22, 2014
I loved working at the airport. What a neat atmosphere and so addicting. It was neat chatting with people as to where they have been, or where they are headed too. Met some many unique individuals. I learned how to check people in, drive the sky bridge, how to do a final check and shut down of a plane overnight and how to do look for lost baggage. Truly – more... interesting job. The management was great, the co-workers were great and the majority of the customers were great. It was sad that it was only a summer position and the wage was not the greatest. But I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. – less
Airline assistant.
Practicum student (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 17, 2014
Pros: airport work, free parking, and great coworkers.
Cons: temp position, split shifts.
Great airline with great employees, all are generally close as they have been there for a number of years working together. Management was great and conveyed day-of tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Taught new employees and practicum students the ins and outs of how the Airline works.
Fun workplace but low pay
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 28, 2013
Pros: fun place
Cons: low pay
Fun workplace always meeting new people and assisting, however the pay is low to start. Hardest part is pushing people in wheelchairs, and when there are flight delays.
Awesome work place. Interesting and exciting
Passenger service rep/Ticket agent (Former Employee), Dorval, QcJuly 20, 2013
I absolutely loved my time at American Airlines. The hours were constantly changing and every day brought new challenges and adventures.

My co-workers were great and they made the shifts go by faster and we had a great time.
fun
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver International AirportMarch 7, 2013
LOve working with fun people

Vancouver International Airport
a great enviorment to work in
Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 11, 2012
everyone was nice, friendly and helpful
it was a job where you would meet new people everyday
it was an enjoyable place to work at
Diverse workplace with an ever changing environment
Lead Agent/Supervisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 14, 2012
Pros: great work family environment
Cons: can be long hours during off schedule operations.
- Day to day scheduling, keeping up to date of off scheduled operations, weather and staff.
- inform vendors and suppliers of any changes is policy and procedures
- Training of new hires and recording of continued training of all personnel.
Practicum at American Airlines
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 24, 2012
Pros: great opportunities
Cons: grumpy customers
~ A typical day at American Airlines to check passengers in, assist any passenger with dissabilities (wheelchair), escort minors travelling alone, Board passengers in plane.

~ I learned how an Airline get run, how customer service is very important in an Airline and any other job. I gained the skill of working under pressure, solve problems that will – more... benefit customer and company

~ I experience management situations when escorting a minor through airport security who was travelling alone. It was I reponsible for the minor until he was at the aircraft sited.

~ It is very important at times to work as a team, but also know when to work alone and overcome hard situations as everyone has they're own tasks.

~ Dealing with customers who do not want to back down when something goes wrong.

~ The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you did your best to help everyone, and you gain everyday a new experience and learn from everything. – less
Fun workplace with very nice people
Customer Service Agent YYC (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 19, 2012
Pros: flight benefits and medical benefits
Cons: split shifts
Very good company with a good management. Learned how to airline in general work by doing gate, check-in, baggage service, ticketing and operations. Great team of employees. The hardest part of the job is morning hours. You have to be at work at 4 am. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and the benefits.
Customer service
Customer Service Home Based Rep (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free stand by flights
Taking calls from customer either ready to book flights or checking the status of flights. This is one of the most interesting positions I have ever had.
Terrible work life and poor management
Airport Operations Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: job security and no advancement
No advancement and management it not experienced. HR is always on side of management and not on side of employee.
My first job !
Crew Chief/Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2014
As I started my first job at the age of 18, American Airlines and its extensive employee training was the foundation for who am I today. I learned origination skiils, responsibility, initiative, commitment, Safety and costumer service.
Wonderful company and people
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Maryland AirportsOctober 8, 2014
Pros: travel- great people!
Cons: not able to work as many hours as needed with the layover and off-hour commute time.
I am a hardworking honest individual pursuing a career that will utilize my education and well-rounded background. I have experience in sales (mostly inside- looking to expand to an outside territory), management, wine, interior/home goods, and event planning.

One of the most enjoyable experiences throughout my career- meeting and working with great – more... people! I put my heart and passion into everything I do.

The hardest part of my current job- I am not able to cultivate my passion for the wine industry. – less
best part time job
Fleet Service Agent (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2014
i have graduated so i am ready to move on and work in my field of study
Productive and fun workplace
Passenger Service and Account Supervisor (Former Employee), Montego Bay, Jamaica W IOctober 6, 2014
Airline work is very time sensitive and interesting work. One gets to meet so many different people and personalities. That alone makes each day unpredictable.
I am the airplane whisperer
Flight Quality Assurance Program Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: forget non-rev. the planes are full
Direct and lead research projects using aircraft operational data

Use data and trend analysis software to generate periodic reports for program analysis

Assist with preparation and publication of FOQA reports for leadership

Use Behavior Based Safety (BBS) tools to mitigate risks based Cockpit Resource Management that focuses on what crews do, analyzes – more... why they do it, and then applies a research-supported intervention strategy to reduce the likelihood to repeat the action.

Train new analysts and manage personal and professional development of FOQA team members – less
International Flight Attendant
International Flight Attendant (Former Employee), InternationalOctober 3, 2014
• Facilitated personal service, to ensure the comfort and safety of airline passengers during flight.
• Successful completion of extensive three-month training on: formulating safety procedures, first aid, hijacking scenarios and effective global communication.
• Conducted preflight briefing concerning: emergency procedures, crew coordination, customer – more... relations, inventory management, and promoted sales and marketing techniques. – less
Challeging and rewarding with all the positions within the company I was able to be a part of.
Customer Service Agent and more. (Former Employee), Tucson AZSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: excellent place to work and great benefits and fun.
Cons: when the office in my city closed
The atmosphere working for any Airline could be stressful at times but we all worked together and pulled through. I learned the most here doing so many different jobs over my career that it taught me many exceptional skills that I still hold onto and use today. I was part of Management, Payroll and Attendance, Scheduling, Hiring and of course interviewing, – more... Coaching and Mentoring other agents to make them the best possible for the company. This career was very rewarding and my time there was well spent with so many different tasks it was a great fit since I love learning new things and working with even the Corporate to give my input. – less
Very fast paced job attending to the diverse needs of the travelling public.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: meeting new people every day
Cons: long hours standing
Extensive customer service.
Ability to communicate clearly and decisively.
Attention to detail an absolute must.
great job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: terrorism
great job, with great benefits. Great meeting different people all over the world.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Airlines

AMR knows America's spacious skies -- and lots of others. Its main subsidiary is American Airlines, one of the largest airlines – Read more

American Airlines Photos