American Airlines

American Airlines Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Airline assistant.
Practicum student (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 17, 2014
Pros: airport work, free parking, and great coworkers.
Cons: temp position, split shifts.
Great airline with great employees, all are generally close as they have been there for a number of years working together. Management was great and conveyed day-of tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Taught new employees and practicum students the ins and outs of how the Airline works.
Fun workplace but low pay
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 28, 2013
Pros: fun place
Cons: low pay
Fun workplace always meeting new people and assisting, however the pay is low to start. Hardest part is pushing people in wheelchairs, and when there are flight delays.
Awesome work place. Interesting and exciting
Passenger service rep/Ticket agent (Former Employee), Dorval, QcJuly 20, 2013
I absolutely loved my time at American Airlines. The hours were constantly changing and every day brought new challenges and adventures.

My co-workers were great and they made the shifts go by faster and we had a great time.
fun
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver International AirportMarch 7, 2013
LOve working with fun people

Vancouver International Airport
a great enviorment to work in
Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 11, 2012
everyone was nice, friendly and helpful
it was a job where you would meet new people everyday
it was an enjoyable place to work at
Diverse workplace with an ever changing environment
Lead Agent/Supervisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 14, 2012
Pros: great work family environment
Cons: can be long hours during off schedule operations.
- Day to day scheduling, keeping up to date of off scheduled operations, weather and staff.
- inform vendors and suppliers of any changes is policy and procedures
- Training of new hires and recording of continued training of all personnel.
Practicum at American Airlines
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 24, 2012
Pros: great opportunities
Cons: grumpy customers
~ A typical day at American Airlines to check passengers in, assist any passenger with dissabilities (wheelchair), escort minors travelling alone, Board passengers in plane.

~ I learned how an Airline get run, how customer service is very important in an Airline and any other job. I gained the skill of working under pressure, solve problems that will – more... benefit customer and company

~ I experience management situations when escorting a minor through airport security who was travelling alone. It was I reponsible for the minor until he was at the aircraft sited.

~ It is very important at times to work as a team, but also know when to work alone and overcome hard situations as everyone has they're own tasks.

~ Dealing with customers who do not want to back down when something goes wrong.

~ The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you did your best to help everyone, and you gain everyday a new experience and learn from everything. – less
Fun workplace with very nice people
Customer Service Agent YYC (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 19, 2012
Pros: flight benefits and medical benefits
Cons: split shifts
Very good company with a good management. Learned how to airline in general work by doing gate, check-in, baggage service, ticketing and operations. Great team of employees. The hardest part of the job is morning hours. You have to be at work at 4 am. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and the benefits.
Enjoying working with people and staying busy
Curbside (Former Employee), DFW AirportDecember 13, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: sometime no breaks or lunch
Provided high level of customer service to passengers, employees and management. .Checked in passengers who came to the terminal entrance or passenger drop off. Answered questions regarding departures, arrivals, cancellations and terminal facilities. I often worked overtime, double shifts and alone, assisting a high volume of customers under little – more... or no supervision. Stocked supplies. – less
It was a good time in life. Great company to work for.
Crew Chief/Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2014
Pros: all was a pro
Cons: management not knowing their job.
The day started out at 4:00 am. I was the crew chief of the gate. I had to make sure all the equipment was running and enough equipment was on the gate to support the incoming flight. I learned how to run the gate in a timely fashion. Everything is timed. Management was ok but, the people they hired as the manager and supervisors had no experience in – more... the airlines. It was about cost. My co-workers were great, good people. The hardest part of the job was the quick turns of the flights, when you had to check others jobs and they didn't do it right. Watching the planes come and go. Wow – less
productive and fun
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 11, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: holidays are high season for travel
Flight attending is a very challenging yet rewarding career. Meeting all different type of cultures and visiting different States and Countries is extremely satisfying.
if you would like a career that keeps you on your feet and traveling this is it.
Great communication amongst all staff and clients. Financially rewarding.
American Airlines is a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 10, 2014
American Airlines is a good company to work for and it can pride itself on having great employees and a bright future. The new senior management team is introducing a more open culture and senior officers are frequently seen in the company cafeteria.
Enjoyable & Varied Work Environment
Real Estate IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Harmondsworth, ENGDecember 10, 2014
I have worked with a fantastically varied, dedicated and diverse workgroup over the years. My projects have been spread across the UK, Europe, Asia and South America and have afforded me an insight in to different cultures, work ethics and personalities.

I've had the opportunity to experience and train in various Project Management methodologies; Agile, – more... SLDC, Prince2 and PMP. This has been hugely beneficial given the difference in projects managed, be it real estate and facilities builds outs or product and software implementations.

I have been lucky enough to see parts of the world I'm sure I would not otherwise have seen and have met some fantastic people as a result but consistent periods of time spent away from home and extremely long work days can take their toll on a personal level. Saying that, I would absolutely not swap my American experience. It has been very fulfilling and has developed me both personally and professionally. – less
Crazy enviroment for sure
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 9, 2014
very fast pace enviroment things will change is a quick breath if you are on top of things and your people too could be very fun.
Productive and fun work place to work
Passenger Service Agent-Ground Staff (Former Employee), Seoul, The Republic of KoreaDecember 6, 2014
As working as a ground agent of American Airlines in Incheon International Airport, I keep airplanes running efficiently from welcoming passengers to an aircraft’s take-off.
I've learned a lot especially Customer Service Handling and all my co-worker was the best !!
Great company to advance your career
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 6, 2014
Excellent company to work for excellent benefits and job opportunities.
good work schedule
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2014
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: not much time for breaks
I liked working for that airline because of the flexibility of the schedules every month .
Missing in management-employee relationship.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 5, 2014
Needs improvement. Good co-workers. Treated TWA employees unfairly.
Awesome Leadership Team with fresh ideas and a great overall culture
Long Range Pilot Simulator Scheduler (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2014
Pros: flight benefits, wonderful leadership team, opportunites within.
Cons: some shift work with frequent bidding occurs, and differences in cities on how the same departments operate.
Some areas at entry level take longer to work your way up, but with perserverence and dedication, it can be done. Like anywhere, there are good and bad bosses, and most of mine have been amazing. The employees are like family and pull together during tough times, and the flight benefits are pretty cool. There's a positive energy that can be contagious – more... if you let it! – less
Great place to work.
Sheet Metal Inspector (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 30, 2014
Pros: the pay.
Cons: the layoff.
Excellent benefits and compensation. No complaints overall.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Airlines

AMR knows America's spacious skies -- and lots of others. Its main subsidiary is American Airlines, one of the largest airlines – Read more

American Airlines Photos