AMEC

AMEC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good working culture and environment
Piping designer/drafter (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2014
Pros: nice working condition
Cons: business going down in the future.
Amec is the top EPMS in the world, they provide an easy going work environment and a productive work progress. Although, since they are such a big corporation, their management can be a little delayed in catching up with the pace of the oil and gas market. However, I have always enjoyed the time in this company's community and their development. The – more... Amec years were very valuable and memorable in my work experience. – less
Productive and fun work place with Gym
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT, ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE (Former Employee), CalgaryAugust 8, 2014
Pros: team building
Cons: pot luck
A typical day at work start at 7:30 with a safety meeting once a week and half hour of break at noon.
People are very kind an reliable with each other. The management team is easily accessible and helpful when needed.
The hardest part of the job is when the project is busy but the most enjoyable part is when co-workers support themself each other.
• More than 15 years working experience for Electrical design and drafting
Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 17, 2014
Responsible to create and update electrical single line diagrams, preparing area classification drawings in coordination with electrical engineers and other discipline engineers. Preparing electrical drawings including schematics drawing, wiring diagrams, motor control schematics, electrical installation details and panel schedules. Create and update – more... grounding layout, lighting/panel layout, electrical equipment layout to meet applicable codes and client specifications. Input data into SmartPlant Electrical (SPEL), maintain SPEL database and generating cable schedule, reporte equipment list, load list and motor datasheet. – less
Close group of people, almost Family
Document Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 24, 2014
Pros: great people, great safety program, they care about the people
Cons: project life the end is innevitable
I have enjoyed working here, the people are great very open and friendly, by far one of the better companies I have worked for. Management is at the same level as the employees, so one acts or is seen to be superior. Their doors are open at all times and there is an ease in communicating with them.
The DMG group worked collaboratively together, we were – more... an effective team and also were able to come together and have some fun, potlucks and birthday celebrations. – less
The work was very satisfying, and the company appreciated the output
Utilities construction lead (Former Employee), Calgary, Oakville, Kearl siteJune 16, 2014
Pros: as contractor, were part of the group and participated in co. functions
A typical day
Attend safety & warmup sessions
Review any urgent e-mai
walk site to see the activities on-going & see the compliance to schedule
Attend meetings construction review
Attend review of engineeriing status
Monitor site activity to approve execution
All activities that did not progress were a concern
All activities that progressed well gave – more... satisfaction
Staff are in general very good to get along – less
productive
Civil Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 14, 2014
good management, friendly atmosphere and working culture. working hours are 9 hrs per day.
Motivating and enjoyable work culture
Process Student Intern (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 10, 2014
Pros: designated days off, strong safey culture
During my internships at AMEC a reputable EPC company, as expected, I gained quality experiences and met many intellectual professionals that expanded both my technical and non-technical skills. During each task assigned I took the initiative to learn new concepts to successfully complete them.
Provides career growth opportunities in a friendly multicultural environment.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 14, 2014
AMEC management provides a lot of learning opportunities as well as career growth options to its employees. The management actively engages the employees and acts on good suggestions.

The working culture is friendly and co-operative. The multicultural atmosphere is very welcoming to all. Most co-workers are very efficient, hard-working and effective.
Valuable work experience
Junior technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 28, 2014
Pros: learn lots tests. know lots people. gain lots experiences
Typical day: Usually started at 7 am in the morning. The first thing to do is to finish up the tests for yesterday ( need to dry in the oven etc). Then performed the new tests that were request.

The co-works are really nice. We help each other at work, and we build a good relationship.
Very Busy Face Past Atmosphere
Lead Project Planner (Current Employee), St. John's, NLApril 14, 2014
It has been an amazing challenge working at AMEC. I have learned a lot of new things that i will be able to bring with me to any other job and task I take on.
Working in this company was a great opportunity.
Document Management Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 3, 2014
Pros: lunch with a group of employees is fun.
Cons: staying for a while in the office for fellowship with co-workers
Working to this company is a great privilege, the most prestigious company ever.
Excellen client relations
Assistant Construction Manager (Former Employee), Esterazy SaskatchewanFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: excellent cmt able to field engineer to promote progress
Cons: engineering unable to keep pace with job progress
Working with Mossaic Construction Management team proved to be very rewarding once we gained their trust. We as a CMT were able to make quick evaluations an decisions that were very quickly validated and approved by client which helped to promote completion of project well ahead of time and well under budget. No Contingency used on this project.
Not a place to really make money. Made me go back to school to further myself
Environmental Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: work in different divisions
Cons: lack of work, no projects were bid on
My tenure there was not a great experience. I was left to my own devices on how to work and what my duties were, which was the opposite of what I was told when I was interviewed. Management was not very involved on what people in my division were doing and created a negative work culture. Good thing was that it introduced to the safety side of work – more... and made me go back to school for Occupational Health and Safety – less
A lot of Lacking of Management, Nepotism
Ex-employee Sr. Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 19, 2013
Pros: some friendly colleagues
Cons: poor management
Not really stable company to work for. Heavy environment, a lot of politics, …nepotism.
The project manager and his wife (who is his assistant) travel back and forth to South America for their convenience at company’s expenses. Some designers have a lot of power to influence managers, even though they are rude, conflicting, and unprofessional. A lot – more... of layoffs. Managers yelling to employees in front of everybody, … unprofessional behavior. Crisis within the electrical department in Calgary. – less
Not easy to adjust to the climate
Engineer-in-Training (Former Employee), Saskatoon, Saskatchewan CanadaDecember 9, 2013
Pros: occasional weekday days-off to facilitate business
Saskatoon was definitely a bit more than I bargained for when I took this posting.
mining project
Senior Mechanical/Piping Engineer (Former Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 1, 2013
worked with multinational company having large projects in mining and mineral industries.
Excellent workplace with opportunities to learn.
Document Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2013
Although this was only a summer student job, I enjoyed working there and was able to experience working in a large firm such as AMEC. It was also an opportunity to meet people for networking purposes and to learn various procedures.
Great company to work for
Camp/Travel Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 5, 2013
AMEC is a great company to work for. I have learned alot in my past year as an employee.
Not much to keep an employee there
Intermediate Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2013
AMEC is a big company with big company policy and procedures.
Fun and engaging
Project Consultant (Engineer) (Former Employee), Cambridge, OnAugust 28, 2013
AMEC offers a fun and engaging environment with an excellent balance of office culture and growth opportunities.

1 2 3 4 5

About AMEC

AMEC is a focused supplier of high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the world’s oil and – Read more