Amec Foster Wheeler

Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent workplace with opportunities to learn.
Document Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2013
Although this was only a summer student job, I enjoyed working there and was able to experience working in a large firm such as AMEC. It was also an opportunity to meet people for networking purposes and to learn various procedures.
Great company to work for
Camp/Travel Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 5, 2013
AMEC is a great company to work for. I have learned alot in my past year as an employee.
Not much to keep an employee there
Intermediate Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2013
AMEC is a big company with big company policy and procedures.
Fun and engaging
Project Consultant (Engineer) (Former Employee), Cambridge, OnAugust 28, 2013
AMEC offers a fun and engaging environment with an excellent balance of office culture and growth opportunities.
Great People.
Weigh Scale Officer (Former Employee), Red Earth Creek, ABJuly 24, 2013
6am to 8pm. The some days were short and some days it felt like the day wouldn't end,
My project manager and supervisor were two great people to work with.
Big engineering consulting company
Kearl Oil Sands Project, Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJuly 2, 2013
AMEC was my first employer in Canada; the most important think that I learned was the way to do oil and gas projects in Canada
Overall assessment, my job @ amec was very challenging but with my skill and expertise I could finish the project on time and less budget.
Electrical & Control Designer / Drafter (Current Employee), 111 Dunsmuir Vancouver, BCMay 12, 2013
Pros: we are entitled to have a free foods every friday morning at 10am
Cons: sometimes multiple project to finish at the same time.
I'm very much enjoying my day at AMEC because my colleague were very supportive specially to my projects. I learned a lot from their experiences and how to handle stress situation effectively. The hardest part of my job was when the software I'm using got crushed and takes time to put in normal condition.
Fast workplace with long hours.
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 17, 2013
Hardest part of the job is meet deadline wile kipping coordination with other departments.
Sweatshop
N/a (Current Employee), CalgaryMarch 5, 2013
Long hours and unrealistic expectations. Hard to have a life outside of work
good
Electrical Specialist /DB Project (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2013
good company with lots of opportunities
I enjoy working for this company, also I am looking for new challenges
A good place to work. Good focus on employees.
Environment & Infrastructure, Associate Consultant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: office is close to my home and commute is short
Cons: hours and expectations (perhaps some of my own) are long!
I am involved in the PM duties of three projects (two government clients and one private sector) in Calgary that include my technical and management skills in assisting with the preparation of regulatory applications and project related scoping studies.

I also share/coordinate PM duties for three EA applications for AMEC clients in BC. Duties are shared with AMEC staff in our BC offices. My role is as a mentor and facilitator to assist as well in communications with the client and helping staff to understand project scope and focus on baseline and assessment duties.
My typical day starts early and is constant communications and management of personnel and project tasks including a lot of work I do as well. Hardest part of the job is balancing priorities and keeping staff on track and focused on schedules and budgets.

Hardest part of the job is keeping up to the many demands, balancing all the meetings and still getting work completed!

Enjoyable part is being able to get some of my own tasks completed.
Amec is one of best place to work with lot of opportunities to be advanced and contiuous learning
Pipe Stress Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2013
-Amec takes care of employee well being
-conerned about employee safety
-value euity of employees

February 8, 2013

Previous contractor in Calgary. Some people are nice, but the electrical department is not the best area to work for in Calgary. Management is lacking of a lot management skills. Very often you can see Leads yelling and raising voice to others, very unprofessional ... in front of other people. There is not career development there, even thought they promised you a lot of expectations, blah, blah.... No honesty either. Some managers show a great smile to you, but behind ... they are hypocrites...In general, the company is great, but some managers are not giving the big reputation to the company. Wondered why a lot of people is leaving this department? Great and Good people are leaving, others are laying off. A lot of lays off... Sorry for the nice people there... but because of these mean managers, leads. Be a political person if your want to keep your job there, smile to your bosses, laugh of their jokes...

helping happy work environment
Structural Designer (Former Employee), calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2013
Its great experience working with Amec. Learnt so much from my seniors.
Good experience, provide training for their competitors
Environmental Technician (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 19, 2012
Pros: compensation, project experience, training
Cons: management issues, poor communication, unnecessary stress
My experience with the company overall wasn't a very good one. You're compensated fairly well for the work, but there were ever changing expectations with poor communication.
Your office/work environment differed from discipline to discipline as well as regional offices. My office was based in London, Ontario, but environment was toxic and uninviting. Having travelled to other offices, it became apparent that there was more of a sense of comradery. May have been due to management styles. Projects made huge margins, but managers claimed poverty, pushed billable time to unethical situations.
Relaxed yet professional workplace
Publishing Technician (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 23, 2012
AMEC has provided me with excellent work experience as a publishing technician. Our department is very relaxed and the environment is a comfortable one to work in. Everyone is very professional and works as a team to ensure projects are completed properly and on time, meeting the expectations of our clients. I've gained a lot of experience in the use of Microsoft Office (most projects use Word and PowerPoint as their base), in working as a team, and in project organization.
They good company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Sadbury, OntarioSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: they good peeple
Cons: i now work good
I like this company, they shaw me how to work and explein me safe practics, they good peeple, I work Manager easy.
AMEC was an excemt place to work who were fair and offered excellent compensation.
E&I Engineer, Detour Lake Project Nothern Ontario (Former Employee), Cochrane, ONJune 12, 2012
A typical day at work was working with contruction management team to kept the project on schedule and on budget

I learned to work with construction trade workers and to keep them on track.

I learned to work a a member of the constriction management team and enjoyed woking with like minded pprofessionls.

The hardest part of the job was anticipating what problems may occur in the future and solving them before they became an issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good people who were just intered in getting the job done.
Intermediate Accountant Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary - ABMarch 5, 2012
Pros: free lunches and dinners
Cons: not healthy offices
Not fun place to work at. No job security. Not a professional environment.
Evaluation de la compagnie
Adjointe administrative (Current Employee), Dorval, QCMay 30, 2015
Une belle compagnie qui offre aux employés beaucoup d'opportunités.

Cette entreprise m'offre la possibilté d'occuper un emploi avec des tâches diverses.

La sécurité d'emploi n'est malheureusement pas présente.
Une journée de travail sur chantier
Stagiaire (Former Employee), Fermont, QCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: beaucoup d'heures en banque
Cons: 3 mois sur chantier sans congé
Peu de parrainage, on devait résoudre nos problèmes sur chantier selon nôtre jugement.