Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews in Canada

Relaxed and Stress Free Work Envinronment
Lead Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 25, 2015
A pleasure to work at. Cordial employees and interesting mix of complex and simple projects. Focused primarily on upstream with a sprinkling of downstream projects.
Great work place for engineering practice
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2015
Great work place for engineering practice, got more experiences from projects and colleagues.. A number of structures practised, more opportunities to deal with different type of structures.
Pros
A number of seminars
Cons
Short of work
Very professional and friendly work environment
PDMS Designer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONNovember 17, 2015
Very professional and pleasant work place.
Friendly management. Ability to learn new things.
Focus on details in projects.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
Limited time contract work
Project Control Manager - Cover Letter
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  AlbertaOctober 27, 2015
Kindly note that I am managing the Project Controls for more than 12 years. I have experience on PMC, EPCM, and EPC of Oil and Gas, Buildings, Chemicals, Petrochemicals, and Mines and Refineries Projects. I am expert in Planning, Scheduling, Cost Controlling, and Project Controls and have leadership in Project Engineering, Procurement, Contracts, Controls, and Construction.

My Controls Management covers Projects of more than 10 Billion USD contract value.
I am highly skilled in Planning and Progress Monitoring, Cost Controls, Plans and Budgets, Commitments, Payments and Expenditures, and Margin Analysis, and can set up the Project Controls System and develop and implement the controls procedures in any kind of project.

Change Management of Budgets and Trends, Variations, and impact on Contingency and TIC are also part of my experience, in addition to the Risk Management, Causes and Effects, impact on Cost and Schedule, and mitigation Strategies.
international firm with little marketing
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 20, 2015
estimating, master reports, client management, proposal, technical writing

sales, staff mentoring, senior review, training, presentations
Cons
no marketing, poor leadership
Hard work but worth it
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 11, 2015
I was a lab tech there and I was busy constantly during the boom in Alberta. It was hard work and I enjoyed it, got tons of hours, recognition for hard work and my boss was great. I didn't want to leave but during the downturn I had no hours and had to move on.
Excellent Company
Project Materials Coordinador/Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Calgary and Oilsands SitesOctober 5, 2015
My best work experience so far, excellent company, work environment and safety culture at the best. Very good coworkers and professionals.
Pros
Good Safety culture, good salaries and excellent work environment
Cons
Work just on projects not permanent palcement
good company
Senior Electrical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
one of the best company i have worked for so far. good people and work-life balance. management however needs to look at the bureaucracy brewing on the lower level.
A very professional and well established and organized EPCM company
Senior Mechanical HVAC Designer & Specialist (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 24, 2015
The company always emphasizes safety, excellence and innovation. Their human resources are so extensive that they can handle any EPCM projects.
Pros
It it a well organized company
politics
Risk Coordinator Lead (Current Employee) –  calgarySeptember 23, 2015
A company that values politics more than hard work, dedication and proven success of their employees.. in the end, whoever is the biggest suck up will remain.

Nothing else to say.. just sad.
Critical Standards
Senior Planner For IORVL KDeOx project, FEED Phase (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2015
The projects I worked on were at times differing due to the nature of the clients and the project management. The challenge was to encourage systems standardization to benefit the client with benchmarking.
Pros
Extensive P6 Use
Cons
Long Hours
AMEC FW is a good company to work for and the working practices are very similar to other EPC Contractors
Principal Piping Materials Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SKSeptember 13, 2015
AMEC FW, Aberdeen is a typical EPC Contractor working for various clients on Brownfield projects.
The company has well established working procedures aimed at achieving a quality product.
Co-workers are a blend of older experienced personnel and young graduate engineers.
Very Professionally Managed Company
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB. CanadaSeptember 11, 2015
Working for AMEC greatly enhanced my knowledge and furthered my career. My time at AMEC was the most fun I've had in my career.

This company is great to work for and would highly recommend it to anyone considering working for them.
Pros
Excellent benefits plan. Good Management.
Cons
None to mention.
I love what I am doing
Senior Instrument & Control Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 6, 2015
Working with AMEC is full of fun, enjoy making things happen, and push project through the schedule. Best day is the delivery day as we mostly prepared well, hardest day when change comes to the project late and reschedule our work. Worst day when we let one of the team go because of work slowing down. best ever enjoyable part of the job when first oil come.
Pros
making good money
Cons
away of the family most of time
Company has a great professional environment to work, great resources, management accessible and friendly.
Electrical Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 3, 2015
- the flexible work time with a core schedule to fulfill provides great motivation to the people and the client.
- working face to face with the client provides a challenge to satisfy their needs, fulfilling the right procedures.
- communication from management to our people is key to get ownership and commitment to the project.
- all co-workers and client worked as one team, which was key for the success of the project.
Pros
Good resources, good office accommodation, team work was great!
Very productive with very high quality working environment
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2015
Great working atmosphere with lots of very friendly and helpful people. Lots of internal training provided on an ongoing basis.
Top management and leadership.
Pros
Great Team to work with.
Cons
N/A
Good company to work with
Senior Planner (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 21, 2015
Good company to work with. Job security is the biggest challenge. Lay off's are common. Better chance to work with diverse group of professionals.
Innovative
Document Control Analyst/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaAugust 13, 2015
Teamwork and determination and job assurance can prolong the culture of a company. I enjoyed working at Amec. It is a great place to work and grow with.
Excellent and Professional environment
Sr. Buyer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaAugust 4, 2015
AMEC is one of the best companies to work for, the vision and the people who lead this company are compromised with the excellence quality and safety culture in all the projects.
Pros
Good workplace and career building
Cons
Work is available as projects are in
Enjoyed Working at Amec
Expeditor/Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Oakville, OntarioJuly 13, 2015
In my position every day was interesting because you never knew what type of issues would arise. This kept things fun. I liked my coworkers very much as we worked well together.