Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews

I love what I am doing
Senior Instrument & Control Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 6, 2015
Working with AMEC is full of fun, enjoy making things happen, and push project through the schedule. Best day is the delivery day as we mostly prepared well, hardest day when change comes to the project late and reschedule our work. Worst day when we let one of the team go because of work slowing down. best ever enjoyable part of the job when first oil come.
Pros
making good money
Cons
away of the family most of time
Company has a great professional environment to work, great resources, management accessible and friendly.
Electrical Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 3, 2015
- the flexible work time with a core schedule to fulfill provides great motivation to the people and the client.
- working face to face with the client provides a challenge to satisfy their needs, fulfilling the right procedures.
- communication from management to our people is key to get ownership and commitment to the project.
- all co-workers and client worked as one team, which was key for the success of the project.
Pros
Good resources, good office accommodation, team work was great!
good company
Senior Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Avery good company but unfortunately the projects in mining industry are slowing down.
Enjoyable working environment
good co-worker relationship
productive and fun working place
CITRIX SUPPORT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2016
-very productive and it was a great place to be part of
-very relaxed environment
-friendly and helpful co-workers
-great salary
Good
Senior Architect (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Good work environment
Average management team
High office politics
High turnover
Less room to grow
Benefits are very good
Long work hours
Excellent Company
Project Materials Coordinador/Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Calgary and Oilsands SitesOctober 5, 2015
My best work experience so far, excellent company, work environment and safety culture at the best. Very good coworkers and professionals.
Pros
Good Safety culture, good salaries and excellent work environment
Cons
Work just on projects not permanent palcement
Relaxed and Stress Free Work Envinronment
Lead Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 25, 2015
A pleasure to work at. Cordial employees and interesting mix of complex and simple projects. Focused primarily on upstream with a sprinkling of downstream projects.
Project Control Manager - Cover Letter
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  AlbertaOctober 27, 2015
Kindly note that I am managing the Project Controls for more than 12 years. I have experience on PMC, EPCM, and EPC of Oil and Gas, Buildings, Chemicals, Petrochemicals, and Mines and Refineries Projects. I am expert in Planning, Scheduling, Cost Controlling, and Project Controls and have leadership in Project Engineering, Procurement, Contracts, Controls, and Construction.

My Controls Management covers Projects of more than 10 Billion USD contract value.
I am highly skilled in Planning and Progress Monitoring, Cost Controls, Plans and Budgets, Commitments, Payments and Expenditures, and Margin Analysis, and can set up the Project Controls System and develop and implement the controls procedures in any kind of project.

Change Management of Budgets and Trends, Variations, and impact on Contingency and TIC are also part of my experience, in addition to the Risk Management, Causes and Effects, impact on Cost and Schedule, and mitigation Strategies.
Very professional and friendly work environment
PDMS Designer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONNovember 17, 2015
Very professional and pleasant work place.
Friendly management. Ability to learn new things.
Focus on details in projects.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
Limited time contract work
Very Professionally Managed Company
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB. CanadaSeptember 11, 2015
Working for AMEC greatly enhanced my knowledge and furthered my career. My time at AMEC was the most fun I've had in my career.

This company is great to work for and would highly recommend it to anyone considering working for them.
Pros
Excellent benefits plan. Good Management.
Cons
None to mention.
Hard work but worth it
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 11, 2015
I was a lab tech there and I was busy constantly during the boom in Alberta. It was hard work and I enjoyed it, got tons of hours, recognition for hard work and my boss was great. I didn't want to leave but during the downturn I had no hours and had to move on.
A very professional and well established and organized EPCM company
Senior Mechanical HVAC Designer & Specialist (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 24, 2015
The company always emphasizes safety, excellence and innovation. Their human resources are so extensive that they can handle any EPCM projects.
Pros
It it a well organized company
Critical Standards
Senior Planner For IORVL KDeOx project, FEED Phase (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2015
The projects I worked on were at times differing due to the nature of the clients and the project management. The challenge was to encourage systems standardization to benefit the client with benchmarking.
Pros
Extensive P6 Use
Cons
Long Hours
international firm with little marketing
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 20, 2015
estimating, master reports, client management, proposal, technical writing

sales, staff mentoring, senior review, training, presentations
Cons
no marketing, poor leadership
Amec
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2015
Laid off due to lack of Projects, Was a great company to work for over the past 6 years. Now looking for work either in the Oil Industries or out side it.
Fast paced engineering solutions
Construction Management Support & Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 3, 2015
Coordination from concept to final design to construction. Typical day consists of confirming status of pending milestones/deadlines with suppliers/contractors and documenting detailed process of advancements with the design/construction of various subsystems.
Pros
resources and documentation at hand
Cons
frequent emergency solutions required
The staff are great supportive people
Project Expeditor - Kearl Suite of Projects (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJune 11, 2015
Work is fast paced, with a heavy work load.
AMEC is great to recognize your abilities and to advance you to the next level.
Co-workers are extremely supportive and many had a great sense of humor.
Hardest part of the job is getting through the workload - but good to be busy, you have to be very very organized.
Most enjoyable is getting involved with charities, golf tournament, lunch and learns.
Pros
Safety oriented, Charities, Golf Tournaments and Lunch and Learns
Cons
Long hours due to work load
You can work well if you know someone is in higher rank. Hence is not a good culture in overall.
Civil & Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  LabradorJune 4, 2015
Draft and design civil & structural drawings is my daily task.
What I had learn is coordinate among other discipline through out the whole project.
The co-workers are nice.
The hardest part of the job is you need have a good relationship with your section manager. If he doesn't know you at all, you hard works are hardly appreciate.
Dynamic Work place where clients can be engaged on various aspects from proposal stage to reporting.
Senior Geotechnical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 2, 2015
An ideal typical day of work starts with checking on engineers working in the filed on various projects that I am engaged in. Field work typically leads to reporting and analysis in the office. Upon report completion and the supervision of intermediate level engineers I am contacting clients to update them on project progress and following up for future work to be engaged in.

I have been dynamically engaged with various coworkers working in the filed and office to complete reporting and proposal writing. to complete reports and project work and hand in to the client on time and budget gives me satisfaction and sense of achievement.
A good training ground for career starter in the engineering and supply chain environment
Buyer / Expeditor (Former Employee) –  OakvilleJune 10, 2015
I was able to enhance more my supply chain knowledge because of the extensive training. People are generally treated equal. Environment is conducive to working productively. I enjoyed the company of the friendly co-workers, even after working hours.
Pros
with Designated Day Off
Cons
no recreation area