Amec Foster Wheeler

Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews

politics
Risk Coordinator Lead (Current Employee) –  calgarySeptember 23, 2015
A company that values politics more than hard work, dedication and proven success of their employees.. in the end, whoever is the biggest suck up will remain.

Nothing else to say.. just sad.
Critical Standards
Senior Planner For IORVL KDeOx project, FEED Phase (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2015
The projects I worked on were at times differing due to the nature of the clients and the project management. The challenge was to encourage systems standardization to benefit the client with benchmarking.
Pros
Extensive P6 Use
Cons
Long Hours
AMEC FW is a good company to work for and the working practices are very similar to other EPC Contractors
Principal Piping Materials Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SKSeptember 13, 2015
AMEC FW, Aberdeen is a typical EPC Contractor working for various clients on Brownfield projects.
The company has well established working procedures aimed at achieving a quality product.
Co-workers are a blend of older experienced personnel and young graduate engineers.
Very Professionally Managed Company
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB. CanadaSeptember 11, 2015
Working for AMEC greatly enhanced my knowledge and furthered my career. My time at AMEC was the most fun I've had in my career.

This company is great to work for and would highly recommend it to anyone considering working for them.
Pros
Excellent benefits plan. Good Management.
Cons
None to mention.
I love what I am doing
Senior Instrument & Control Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 6, 2015
Working with AMEC is full of fun, enjoy making things happen, and push project through the schedule. Best day is the delivery day as we mostly prepared well, hardest day when change comes to the project late and reschedule our work. Worst day when we let one of the team go because of work slowing down. best ever enjoyable part of the job when first oil come.
Pros
making good money
Cons
away of the family most of time
Company has a great professional environment to work, great resources, management accessible and friendly.
Electrical Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 3, 2015
- the flexible work time with a core schedule to fulfill provides great motivation to the people and the client.
- working face to face with the client provides a challenge to satisfy their needs, fulfilling the right procedures.
- communication from management to our people is key to get ownership and commitment to the project.
- all co-workers and client worked as one team, which was key for the success of the project.
Pros
Good resources, good office accommodation, team work was great!
Very productive with very high quality working environment
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2015
Great working atmosphere with lots of very friendly and helpful people. Lots of internal training provided on an ongoing basis.
Top management and leadership.
Pros
Great Team to work with.
Cons
N/A
Good company to work with
Senior Planner (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 21, 2015
Good company to work with. Job security is the biggest challenge. Lay off's are common. Better chance to work with diverse group of professionals.
Innovative
Document Control Analyst/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaAugust 13, 2015
Teamwork and determination and job assurance can prolong the culture of a company. I enjoyed working at Amec. It is a great place to work and grow with.
Excellent and Professional environment
Sr. Buyer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaAugust 4, 2015
AMEC is one of the best companies to work for, the vision and the people who lead this company are compromised with the excellence quality and safety culture in all the projects.
Pros
Good workplace and career building
Cons
Work is available as projects are in

Want to know more about Amec Foster Wheeler?

Ask a question
Enjoyed Working at Amec
Expeditor/Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Oakville, OntarioJuly 13, 2015
In my position every day was interesting because you never knew what type of issues would arise. This kept things fun. I liked my coworkers very much as we worked well together.
PDS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2015
Friendly work environment.
Access to in house training programs.
Competitive salary when possible.
Employee's safety is a priority.
Good benefits package
Fast paced engineering solutions
Construction Management Support & Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 3, 2015
Coordination from concept to final design to construction. Typical day consists of confirming status of pending milestones/deadlines with suppliers/contractors and documenting detailed process of advancements with the design/construction of various subsystems.
Pros
resources and documentation at hand
Cons
frequent emergency solutions required
Enjoyable tow work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 15, 2015
Company is an EPCM.
Busy every day to meet deadlines.
Management is great and work as a team.
To gain experience in the engineering industry.
The staff are great supportive people
Project Expeditor - Kearl Suite of Projects (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJune 11, 2015
Work is fast paced, with a heavy work load.
AMEC is great to recognize your abilities and to advance you to the next level.
Co-workers are extremely supportive and many had a great sense of humor.
Hardest part of the job is getting through the workload - but good to be busy, you have to be very very organized.
Most enjoyable is getting involved with charities, golf tournament, lunch and learns.
Pros
Safety oriented, Charities, Golf Tournaments and Lunch and Learns
Cons
Long hours due to work load
A good training ground for career starter in the engineering and supply chain environment
Buyer / Expeditor (Former Employee) –  OakvilleJune 10, 2015
I was able to enhance more my supply chain knowledge because of the extensive training. People are generally treated equal. Environment is conducive to working productively. I enjoyed the company of the friendly co-workers, even after working hours.
Pros
with Designated Day Off
Cons
no recreation area
You can work well if you know someone is in higher rank. Hence is not a good culture in overall.
Civil & Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  LabradorJune 4, 2015
Draft and design civil & structural drawings is my daily task.
What I had learn is coordinate among other discipline through out the whole project.
The co-workers are nice.
The hardest part of the job is you need have a good relationship with your section manager. If he doesn't know you at all, you hard works are hardly appreciate.
Dynamic Work place where clients can be engaged on various aspects from proposal stage to reporting.
Senior Geotechnical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 2, 2015
An ideal typical day of work starts with checking on engineers working in the filed on various projects that I am engaged in. Field work typically leads to reporting and analysis in the office. Upon report completion and the supervision of intermediate level engineers I am contacting clients to update them on project progress and following up for future work to be engaged in.

I have been dynamically engaged with various coworkers working in the filed and office to complete reporting and proposal writing. to complete reports and project work and hand in to the client on time and budget gives me satisfaction and sense of achievement.
Material Controller (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 1, 2015
The job is great because I get tons of time off working a 14 days on / 14 days off shift. I like that each day brings a new challenge to take on.
Professional respectful environment
Project Controller / IT (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 15, 2015
Amec Foster Wheeler is a good place to work with internal education structure that fosters self improvement.
Clear focus on critical path and high on HSSE standards.
Currently undergoing many changes with the new merger (Amec and Foster Wheeler have merged to become Amec Foster Wheeler).
This particular job can be slow during downturns, and just the opposite when larger projects are approved, par for the business!
Co-workers are friendly, professional and co-operative for the most part.
Pros
Great beneifts
Cons
Sometimes lack direction