Amec Foster Wheeler

Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews

Nice co-workers to work with
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 27, 2016
like that we have a designated day off program so we work an extra .5 hrs per day in order to participate in the program and get an extra day off per month, and close down for 2 weeks over xmas, administrative, invoicing, dealing with engineers, contracts people
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Project Control Manager - Cover Letter
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  AlbertaOctober 27, 2015
Kindly note that I am managing the Project Controls for more than 12 years. I have experience on PMC, EPCM, and EPC of Oil and Gas, Buildings, Chemicals, Petrochemicals, and Mines and Refineries Projects. I am expert in Planning, Scheduling, Cost Controlling, and Project Controls and have leadership in Project Engineering, Procurement, Contracts, Controls, and Construction.

My Controls Management covers Projects of more than 10 Billion USD contract value.
I am highly skilled in Planning and Progress Monitoring, Cost Controls, Plans and Budgets, Commitments, Payments and Expenditures, and Margin Analysis, and can set up the Project Controls System and develop and implement the controls procedures in any kind of project.

Change Management of Budgets and Trends, Variations, and impact on Contingency and TIC are also part of my experience, in addition to the Risk Management, Causes and Effects, impact on Cost and Schedule, and mitigation Strategies.
Great
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 25, 2016
One of the best jobs I had with a great paying company along with great benefits and great co-workers. Training and procedures given .
Generally a climate of anxiety for job retention and a lot of pressure to complete packages in unrealistic timescales
Manager (Former Employee) –  CalgaryFebruary 5, 2015
There is little or no job security which does affect the way people work... why bother to go the extra mile for people who don't care if I still have a job tomorrow... Loyalty is for a select few.
Safety is a joke really... the culture seems to be about getting a quota of Near Miss Reports in irrespective of the quality to get a reward each month... it does little to improve anything. Other safety is based on parenting skills... and worrying about women's footwear!
Not a company of first choice!

That said, while you have a job... the money and benefits are good... that's more down to the Client paying for it rather than AMEC...

Planning and time scales- issues both with AMEC and their Client lead to unrealistic timescales for completions and that leads to great stress - those who can't cope or kick back seem not to be around the following Monday......
Pros
salary benefits
Cons
job security
Multicultural Company looking after multi Billion dollar projects
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER\ SYSTEM STUDY LEAD (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed my tasks in this company. As a lead, supervised and consulted junior/senior electrical engineers and educated them regarding system studies.
Excellent Company
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 6, 2016
This is an excellent company to work with. Fair treatment of employees, and has provided me with a veyr good opportunity to improce my skills and exposure to mega projects.
Pros
Large Company with mulititude of projects
Cons
No projects
Easy place to work
Biologist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 1, 2016
Company is full of knowledgeable people. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement and work on numerous projects within the province and throughout the world.
It is the best work place
Senior HVAC/Mechanical MEP Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary CanadaMay 15, 2016
Very professional, very organised and very much fun. Very considerate and understanding. Co-workers are very friendly.
Multi national personnel type of people working there.
Pros
Gain lots of experience
Cons
If your project is over, you may be let go
Overall good place to work
Construction Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 30, 2016
Good team spirit overall. Family work balance is good, benefit are ok. Safety culture is exceptional. People seemed happy in general. Hardest part is to have people moved around from projects to projects.
Large EPCM company with operations around the globe
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
Working with Amec Foster Wheeler has provided me with opportunities to expand my career skill set. I have been involved with multiple projects that have allowed me to develop my skills as a Project Engineer. It is a good place to work.
Critical Standards
Senior Planner For IORVL KDeOx project, FEED Phase (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2015
The projects I worked on were at times differing due to the nature of the clients and the project management. The challenge was to encourage systems standardization to benefit the client with benchmarking.
Pros
Extensive P6 Use
Cons
Long Hours
great working environment
Lab Technician assistant (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ONJune 16, 2016
great company too work for. friendly and welcoming. nice intro in too a construction type job. opened a few doors for other employment
good company
Senior Electrical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
one of the best company i have worked for so far. good people and work-life balance. management however needs to look at the bureaucracy brewing on the lower level.
Excellent Place to work
Senior Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 13, 2016
Enjoyable, excellent working environment and a pleasure working with staff and management, Flexible hours, good pay and benefits.
good tech support. Effortsare appreciated.
Excellent Company
Project Materials Coordinador/Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Calgary and Oilsands SitesOctober 5, 2015
My best work experience so far, excellent company, work environment and safety culture at the best. Very good coworkers and professionals.
Pros
Good Safety culture, good salaries and excellent work environment
Cons
Work just on projects not permanent palcement
AMEC Americas
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 18, 2016
Good company to work with. Nice work-life balance and experience in diverse projects. Optionally one can work at site or in office depending on ones preferences.
A company that you will consider to work continuously, until you retire
Lead Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 4, 2015
Employees are very focus on their daily assignment. Amec will provide you training that is related to your discipline. The management is making sure that people in the projects are proactive and work hard to finish the job on time and meet the budget.

My co-workers are very respectful with each other. Very cooperative and are team players.

The hardest part of the job was we were short of staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that the management recognized the value of quality work.
Everyday was a productive day, with something new to learn
Junior Expeditor/Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 14, 2016
Amec Foster Wheeler is a great organization to be with. They balance work and personal life.
Everyday you get an opportunity to learn something new under great management.
Good working atmosphere
FORMALLY THREESTREAMS ENG (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
Team work and a friendly working atmosphere with good support from senior mangement lead to well engineered projects and Client satisfaction.
Pros
An all inclusive working environment
Cons
Great atmosphere and information sharing
Instrumentation and Controls Designer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Amec Foster Wheeler tremendously. They gave me an opportunity to grow and develop far beyond any I had experienced in previous employment situations.