Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews in Canada

A day at Amec
MATERIALS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at work is doing laboratory testing of aggregates.Preparing test results and reporting to clients. I learned to deal with different personalities especially during site visits. My co workers are awesome to work with because we have a good working relationship .The hardest part of the job is driving in a remote site and long hours of work. The most enjoyable part of the job is of course is when you see your paycheck
Pros
good benifits
Cons
Collaborative Results oriented drama free environment
electrical engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 21, 2015
Well managed in Vancouver. Exceptional team environment focussed on obtaining results the right way. Generous training allowance.

Friday donut sessions with performance and safety moments - promotes excellent communication between staff and management.
Pros
collaborative team environment, makes it a pleasure to work here
Cons
long hours, no job security, cutbacks in benefits and stagnant wages
Great folks, leadership?
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 23, 2016
Days are long, weekends are short or non-existent when you happen to fill a role that is deemed required. Hard work and commitment is not recognized either by a salary increase or simple thank you.
Pros
DDO program, great people
Cons
Lacking true leadership focused on improving the organization (office)
Great company to work for!
Section Manager & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Great place to work for. Good benefits. Great staff and management team. A lot of oppurtunities to work in different areas of the company
Good career growth
Senior Instrumentation and Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 5, 2016
Provided an excellent opportunity to work on multiple large scale oil & gas projects. Very good project management team and long term client relationship.
Pros
Great Team work
Cons
Compensation rate is less
Good
Senior Architect (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Good work environment
Benefits are very good
Long work hours
Great
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 25, 2016
One of the best jobs I had with a great paying company along with great benefits and great co-workers. Training and procedures given .
productive and fun working place
CITRIX SUPPORT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2016
-very productive and it was a great place to be part of
-very relaxed environment
-friendly and helpful co-workers
-great salary
Very Professionally Managed Company
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB. CanadaSeptember 11, 2015
Working for AMEC greatly enhanced my knowledge and furthered my career. My time at AMEC was the most fun I've had in my career.

This company is great to work for and would highly recommend it to anyone considering working for them.
Pros
Excellent benefits plan. Good Management.
Cons
None to mention.
Amec Foster Wheeler provides a full range of services to the oil sands industry
Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta CanadaFebruary 18, 2016
Amec Foster Wheeler provides a full range of services to the oil sands industry, from initial studies and environmental consulting through to operator training and management of some of the largest construction projects in North America.

Amec Foster Wheeler has worked on almost every mineable lease in Canada since development of the industry in the 1950s. Our reputation in the application of new and established technologies means we are the pre-eminent provider of initial studies, design, environmental consulting, engineering, project management, construction services and operator training. Our areas of expertise span not only mineable extraction and in-situ bitumen production (using SAGD or other technologies) but also pipelines, power generation and infrastructure for bitumen extraction plants.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Job insecurity due to nature of the business
Average place to work,
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 30, 2016
Amec Foster Wheeler are a fair company.
Typical day at work is fun and enjoyable.
Management could be better as in honesty, typical large corporation attitude by management.
Co workers are good to work with, young group that need to be mentored by seniors with extensive experience.
Hardest part of job , dealing with management systems, need to be refined.
Pros
Pleasant enough atmosphere, convienient location.
Cons
Never being told that it was a job well done.
Generally a climate of anxiety for job retention and a lot of pressure to complete packages in unrealistic timescales
Manager (Former Employee) –  CalgaryFebruary 5, 2015
There is little or no job security which does affect the way people work... why bother to go the extra mile for people who don't care if I still have a job tomorrow... Loyalty is for a select few.
Safety is a joke really... the culture seems to be about getting a quota of Near Miss Reports in irrespective of the quality to get a reward each month... it does little to improve anything. Other safety is based on parenting skills... and worrying about women's footwear!
Not a company of first choice!

That said, while you have a job... the money and benefits are good... that's more down to the Client paying for it rather than AMEC...

Planning and time scales- issues both with AMEC and their Client lead to unrealistic timescales for completions and that leads to great stress - those who can't cope or kick back seem not to be around the following Monday......
Pros
salary benefits
Cons
job security
Nice co-workers to work with
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 27, 2016
like that we have a designated day off program so we work an extra .5 hrs per day in order to participate in the program and get an extra day off per month, and close down for 2 weeks over xmas, administrative, invoicing, dealing with engineers, contracts people
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Fun
Design Engineer - Electrical (Former Employee) –  kuwaitApril 2, 2016
i had been working with great co-worker and nice management level for more than 3 years which they give me great support and punch of information and you could stay in touch with all your friends and managers after when you leave coz we being as such great family and doing good job together
Project Control Manager - Cover Letter
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  AlbertaOctober 27, 2015
Kindly note that I am managing the Project Controls for more than 12 years. I have experience on PMC, EPCM, and EPC of Oil and Gas, Buildings, Chemicals, Petrochemicals, and Mines and Refineries Projects. I am expert in Planning, Scheduling, Cost Controlling, and Project Controls and have leadership in Project Engineering, Procurement, Contracts, Controls, and Construction.

My Controls Management covers Projects of more than 10 Billion USD contract value.
I am highly skilled in Planning and Progress Monitoring, Cost Controls, Plans and Budgets, Commitments, Payments and Expenditures, and Margin Analysis, and can set up the Project Controls System and develop and implement the controls procedures in any kind of project.

Change Management of Budgets and Trends, Variations, and impact on Contingency and TIC are also part of my experience, in addition to the Risk Management, Causes and Effects, impact on Cost and Schedule, and mitigation Strategies.
Fall from potential greatness
Vice President, AMEC Environment & Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 24, 2015
This company has lost it's way. It's fall from potential greatness has come as a result of it's inward focus in recent years. I wish then the best, but as long as the focus remains on inward controls rather than clients AmecFW will not be a pleasant place to attempt to build a career.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
lack of vision and intentionally poor communication
PDS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2015
Friendly work environment.
Access to in house training programs.
Competitive salary when possible.
Employee's safety is a priority.
Good benefits package
Multiculture, harmonized, continuous learning environment
SENIOR BUYER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 28, 2016
- good cooperation with functional departments
- excellent cooperation and collaboration with each discipline
- good management system in place
- motivated work environment
A great company to work
Senior PDMS structural designer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 5, 2016
Working on large projects with leading edge engineering tool. the management were very supportive. Co-works were easy communicate. Enjoy going into office everyday.
Productive and educational
Civil Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 2, 2016
It is certainly a good company to work for. I learned how to coordinate tasks in a very busy environment. The management is an excellent example in the field that knows how achieve the best out of
workers,
Pros
always positive attitude