Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews in Canada

Nice Team work environment
EDMS Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2016
Good company to work for. Tries to do the right thing for there employees. As they hire people on for projects, they tend to get rid of these same people when projects are complete.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Getting rid of permanent employees at end of project
Body shop outfit without a corporate identity of its own.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 31, 2016
Company is horribly managed as workers have no direction nor opportunity to grow. Political hires make the majority of management staff and rewards are not at all performance based. Company primarily focuses on billing hours and not provide quality service for clients.
Excellent company, great energy and team work. Very enjoyable workplace.
Co-op Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2016
My experience with AMEC was great! I learned a great deal about Process Engineering. I worked with a team of great people. I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked with AMEC and would love to work for them full time now that I have graduated chemical engineering (Co-op).
Pros
Gained valuable experience and worked with some great people
Cons
Absolutely NO cons
Cooperative environment which lead to less stress full day work
Civil Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 22, 2016
Learning to use Prosteel to produce 3D models was the most exciting part of my job. Helpful colleague and understanding project leads made it enjoyable experience.
Pros
Work/ Life balance was good
great working environment
Lab Technician assistant (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ONJune 16, 2016
great company too work for. friendly and welcoming. nice intro in too a construction type job. opened a few doors for other employment
Very team work orientated
Senior Administrator & Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, Ontario. CanadaJune 12, 2016
Working for Amec Foster Wheeler is a pleasure. Each day is a new day, you never know what your walking in to which keeps things very interesting. Management are very supportive and have an open door policy, no question is a stupid question and any work issues are dealt with immediately. We are a team orientated work force and always willing to help each other out. Hardest part of my job is stopping the boss from buying cakes and sweets to give away and the most enjoyable is the feeling of satisfaction I have at the end of my day.
Pros
Good benefits and occasional free lunches
Multicultural Company looking after multi Billion dollar projects
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER\ SYSTEM STUDY LEAD (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed my tasks in this company. As a lead, supervised and consulted junior/senior electrical engineers and educated them regarding system studies.
Excellent Company
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 6, 2016
This is an excellent company to work with. Fair treatment of employees, and has provided me with a veyr good opportunity to improce my skills and exposure to mega projects.
Pros
Large Company with mulititude of projects
Cons
No projects
Overall good place to work
Construction Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 30, 2016
Good team spirit overall. Family work balance is good, benefit are ok. Safety culture is exceptional. People seemed happy in general. Hardest part is to have people moved around from projects to projects.
AMEC Americas
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 18, 2016
Good company to work with. Nice work-life balance and experience in diverse projects. Optionally one can work at site or in office depending on ones preferences.
It is the best work place
Senior HVAC/Mechanical MEP Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary CanadaMay 15, 2016
Very professional, very organised and very much fun. Very considerate and understanding. Co-workers are very friendly.
Multi national personnel type of people working there.
Pros
Gain lots of experience
Cons
If your project is over, you may be let go
Excellent Place to work
Senior Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 13, 2016
Enjoyable, excellent working environment and a pleasure working with staff and management, Flexible hours, good pay and benefits.
good tech support. Effortsare appreciated.
Water Resources Engineer-in-Training (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
The group at Amec Foster Wheeler was a productive. The majority of employees were terrific to work with, providing constructive and helpful feedback on all work completed.
Large EPCM company with operations around the globe
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
Working with Amec Foster Wheeler has provided me with opportunities to expand my career skill set. I have been involved with multiple projects that have allowed me to develop my skills as a Project Engineer. It is a good place to work.
Good working atmosphere
FORMALLY THREESTREAMS ENG (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
Team work and a friendly working atmosphere with good support from senior mangement lead to well engineered projects and Client satisfaction.
Pros
An all inclusive working environment
Cons
A good company to work for
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 20, 2016
This is a great company. Generally, no complaints: interesting job, good people, very high job culture level. Everything is fine but the salary rate does not grow.
Everyday was a productive day, with something new to learn
Junior Expeditor/Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 14, 2016
Amec Foster Wheeler is a great organization to be with. They balance work and personal life.
Everyday you get an opportunity to learn something new under great management.
A great company to work
Senior PDMS structural designer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 5, 2016
Working on large projects with leading edge engineering tool. the management were very supportive. Co-works were easy communicate. Enjoy going into office everyday.
Fun
Design Engineer - Electrical (Former Employee) –  kuwaitApril 2, 2016
i had been working with great co-worker and nice management level for more than 3 years which they give me great support and punch of information and you could stay in touch with all your friends and managers after when you leave coz we being as such great family and doing good job together
Average place to work,
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 30, 2016
Amec Foster Wheeler are a fair company.
Typical day at work is fun and enjoyable.
Management could be better as in honesty, typical large corporation attitude by management.
Co workers are good to work with, young group that need to be mentored by seniors with extensive experience.
Hardest part of job , dealing with management systems, need to be refined.
Pros
Pleasant enough atmosphere, convienient location.
Cons
Never being told that it was a job well done.