Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Average place to work,
Senior Designer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Pleasant enough atmosphere, convienient location.
Cons: Never being told that it was a job well done.
Amec Foster Wheeler are a fair company.
Typical day at work is fun and enjoyable.
Management could be better as in honesty, typical large corporation attitude by management.
Co workers are good to work with, young group that need to be mentored by seniors with extensive experience.
Hardest part of job , dealing with management systems, need to be refined.
A day at Amec
MATERIALS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABMarch 6, 2016
Pros: good benifits
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work is doing laboratory testing of aggregates.Preparing test results and reporting to clients. I learned to deal with different personalities especially during site visits. My co workers are awesome to work with because we have a good working relationship .The hardest part of the job is driving in a remote site and long hours of work. The most enjoyable part of the job is of course is when you see your paycheck
Great folks, leadership?
Anonymous (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 23, 2016
Pros: DDO program, great people
Cons: Lacking true leadership focused on improving the organization (office)
Days are long, weekends are short or non-existent when you happen to fill a role that is deemed required. Hard work and commitment is not recognized either by a salary increase or simple thank you.
Fun
Design Engineer - Electrical (Former Employee), kuwaitApril 2, 2016
i had been working with great co-worker and nice management level for more than 3 years which they give me great support and punch of information and you could stay in touch with all your friends and managers after when you leave coz we being as such great family and doing good job together
Collaborative Results oriented drama free environment
electrical engineer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 21, 2015
Pros: collaborative team environment, makes it a pleasure to work here
Cons: long hours, no job security, cutbacks in benefits and stagnant wages
Well managed in Vancouver. Exceptional team environment focussed on obtaining results the right way. Generous training allowance.

Friday donut sessions with performance and safety moments - promotes excellent communication between staff and management.
Fall from potential greatness
Vice President, AMEC Environment & Infrastructure (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 24, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: lack of vision and intentionally poor communication
This company has lost it's way. It's fall from potential greatness has come as a result of it's inward focus in recent years. I wish then the best, but as long as the focus remains on inward controls rather than clients AmecFW will not be a pleasant place to attempt to build a career.
It is the best work place
Senior HVAC/Mechanical MEP Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary CanadaMay 15, 2016
Pros: Gain lots of experience
Cons: If your project is over, you may be let go
Very professional, very organised and very much fun. Very considerate and understanding. Co-workers are very friendly.
Multi national personnel type of people working there.
Large EPCM company with operations around the globe
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
Working with Amec Foster Wheeler has provided me with opportunities to expand my career skill set. I have been involved with multiple projects that have allowed me to develop my skills as a Project Engineer. It is a good place to work.
Nice co-workers to work with
Senior Administrator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Pay
Cons: Long Hours
like that we have a designated day off program so we work an extra .5 hrs per day in order to participate in the program and get an extra day off per month, and close down for 2 weeks over xmas, administrative, invoicing, dealing with engineers, contracts people
Everyday was a productive day, with something new to learn
Junior Expeditor/Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 14, 2016
Amec Foster Wheeler is a great organization to be with. They balance work and personal life.
Everyday you get an opportunity to learn something new under great management.
Amec Foster Wheeler provides a full range of services to the oil sands industry
Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary Alberta CanadaFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: Great working environment
Cons: Job insecurity due to nature of the business
Amec Foster Wheeler provides a full range of services to the oil sands industry, from initial studies and environmental consulting through to operator training and management of some of the largest construction projects in North America.

Amec Foster Wheeler has worked on almost every mineable lease in Canada since development of the industry in the 1950s. Our reputation in the application of new and established technologies means we are the pre-eminent provider of initial studies, design, environmental consulting, engineering, project management, construction services and operator training. Our areas of expertise span not only mineable extraction and in-situ bitumen production (using SAGD or other technologies) but also pipelines, power generation and infrastructure for bitumen extraction plants.
My work role
Bridge/Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 29, 2015
• Performing design and drafting for bridge projects

• Preparing the preparation of drawings and specifications on bridge projects

• Performing quantity takeouts and reviewing shop drawings

• Processing projects’ inspections and construction supervisions

• Assisting Seniors to process construction and post-construction engineering
Productive and educational
Civil Engineering Technologist (Former Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: always positive attitude
It is certainly a good company to work for. I learned how to coordinate tasks in a very busy environment. The management is an excellent example in the field that knows how achieve the best out of
workers,
Multiculture, harmonized, continuous learning environment
SENIOR BUYER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 28, 2016
- good cooperation with functional departments
- excellent cooperation and collaboration with each discipline
- good management system in place
- motivated work environment
Great atmosphere and information sharing
Instrumentation and Controls Designer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Amec Foster Wheeler tremendously. They gave me an opportunity to grow and develop far beyond any I had experienced in previous employment situations.
Good working atmosphere
FORMALLY THREESTREAMS ENG (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
Pros: An all inclusive working environment
Cons: None
Team work and a friendly working atmosphere with good support from senior mangement lead to well engineered projects and Client satisfaction.
Lots to learn
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 21, 2016
Project based disadvantage Is no security of work. My current office offers lots of learning opportunities.
If they can change their business model and have more sustaining project and maintenance & operation definitely a good company
Excellent Place to work
Senior Structural Designer (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 13, 2016
Enjoyable, excellent working environment and a pleasure working with staff and management, Flexible hours, good pay and benefits.
good tech support. Effortsare appreciated.
Water Resources Engineer-in-Training (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
The group at Amec Foster Wheeler was a productive. The majority of employees were terrific to work with, providing constructive and helpful feedback on all work completed.
A great company to work
Senior PDMS structural designer (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 5, 2016
Working on large projects with leading edge engineering tool. the management were very supportive. Co-works were easy communicate. Enjoy going into office everyday.
Revenue