Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews

Bad management, not transparent on expectations.
Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2016
Bad management in my experience. Was told the department had low moral and should have too that as a sign that I should have stayed aways. Was given mark ups at the end of day and told they needed them done by 9 am the next day and they complained when I worked overtime to get it done.

No real training offered and expected to create a worming civil 3d template as I was trying to produce drawings.

In total a bad experience.
Pros
Good benifits.
Cons
Not realistic on dead lines.
Very team work orientated
Senior Administrator & Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, Ontario. Canada12 June 2016
Working for Amec Foster Wheeler is a pleasure. Each day is a new day, you never know what your walking in to which keeps things very interesting. Management are very supportive and have an open door policy, no question is a stupid question and any work issues are dealt with immediately. We are a team orientated work force and always willing to help each other out. Hardest part of my job is stopping the boss from buying cakes and sweets to give away and the most enjoyable is the feeling of satisfaction I have at the end of my day.
Pros
Good benefits and occasional free lunches
A day at Amec
MATERIALS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB6 March 2016
A typical day at work is doing laboratory testing of aggregates.Preparing test results and reporting to clients. I learned to deal with different personalities especially during site visits. My co workers are awesome to work with because we have a good working relationship .The hardest part of the job is driving in a remote site and long hours of work. The most enjoyable part of the job is of course is when you see your paycheck
Pros
good benifits
Excellent Place to work
Senior Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 May 2016
Enjoyable, excellent working environment and a pleasure working with staff and management, Flexible hours, good pay and benefits.
good tech support. Effortsare appreciated.
Productive, engaging and felt valued
Senior Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2016
A typical day on project can be very occupied at the height of the project. I learnt a lot about forecasts, actuals, budgets, variances, FTEs, KPIs, compliance, audits, change orders, project baseline scope and estimates. Management was keen and kept asking questions to make sure the project is progressing within guidelines with proper authority, controls and as planned. One of the challenging part of the job was being pulled in different directions at many a times during the course of the project. Nonetheless, it was rewarding as well as hectic at times. As I look back at it, it was good and refreshing as it never stays the same.
Pros
Free jackets, souvenirs, occassional lunches and treats.
Cons
Occassional hours during C'mas holidays.
A good company to work for
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 April 2016
This is a great company. Generally, no complaints: interesting job, good people, very high job culture level. Everything is fine but the salary rate does not grow.
Collaborative Results oriented drama free environment
electrical engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 December 2015
Well managed in Vancouver. Exceptional team environment focussed on obtaining results the right way. Generous training allowance.

Friday donut sessions with performance and safety moments - promotes excellent communication between staff and management.
Pros
collaborative team environment, makes it a pleasure to work here
Cons
long hours, no job security, cutbacks in benefits and stagnant wages
Great folks, leadership?
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 March 2016
Days are long, weekends are short or non-existent when you happen to fill a role that is deemed required. Hard work and commitment is not recognized either by a salary increase or simple thank you.
Pros
DDO program, great people
Cons
Lacking true leadership focused on improving the organization (office)
Great company to work for!
Section Manager & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2016
Great place to work for. Good benefits. Great staff and management team. A lot of oppurtunities to work in different areas of the company
Good
Senior Architect (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2016
Good work environment
Benefits are very good
Long work hours
Great
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 February 2016
One of the best jobs I had with a great paying company along with great benefits and great co-workers. Training and procedures given .
Good career growth
Senior Instrumentation and Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2016
Provided an excellent opportunity to work on multiple large scale oil & gas projects. Very good project management team and long term client relationship.
Pros
Great Team work
Cons
Compensation rate is less
Body shop outfit without a corporate identity of its own.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2016
Company is horribly managed as workers have no direction nor opportunity to grow. Political hires make the majority of management staff and rewards are not at all performance based. Company primarily focuses on billing hours and not provide quality service for clients.
Good company
Senior Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2016
Good company with a solid work, family culture. Good international connections and travel. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Amec and would recommend this employers to others.
Easy place to work
Biologist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 September 2016
Company is full of knowledgeable people. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement and work on numerous projects within the province and throughout the world.
productive and fun working place
CITRIX SUPPORT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2016
-very productive and it was a great place to be part of
-very relaxed environment
-friendly and helpful co-workers
-great salary
Safety oriented company with good WLB.
project Accuntant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 September 2016
3.5years at Amec was good. Safety first. commendable Communications with staff about company's performance. Pay not fantastic, great people, good team
Pros
safety conscious, DDOs, Good culture
Cons
Pay below average, limited growth
Excellent company, great energy and team work. Very enjoyable workplace.
Co-op Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2016
My experience with AMEC was great! I learned a great deal about Process Engineering. I worked with a team of great people. I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked with AMEC and would love to work for them full time now that I have graduated chemical engineering (Co-op).
Pros
Gained valuable experience and worked with some great people
Cons
Absolutely NO cons
Very Professionally Managed Company
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB. Canada11 September 2015
Working for AMEC greatly enhanced my knowledge and furthered my career. My time at AMEC was the most fun I've had in my career.

This company is great to work for and would highly recommend it to anyone considering working for them.
Pros
Excellent benefits plan. Good Management.
Cons
None to mention.
AMEC Americas
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2016
Good company to work with. Nice work-life balance and experience in diverse projects. Optionally one can work at site or in office depending on ones preferences.