Amec Foster Wheeler

Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company to work with
Senior Planner (Current Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 21, 2015
Good company to work with. Job security is the biggest challenge. Lay off's are common. Better chance to work with diverse group of professionals.
Innovative
Document Control Analyst/ Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaAugust 13, 2015
Teamwork and determination and job assurance can prolong the culture of a company. I enjoyed working at Amec. It is a great place to work and grow with.
Excellent and Professional environment
Sr. Buyer (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Good workplace and career building
Cons: Work is available as projects are in
AMEC is one of the best companies to work for, the vision and the people who lead this company are compromised with the excellence quality and safety culture in all the projects.
Enjoyed Working at Amec
Expeditor/Supply Chain (Former Employee), Oakville, OntarioJuly 13, 2015
In my position every day was interesting because you never knew what type of issues would arise. This kept things fun. I liked my coworkers very much as we worked well together.
PDS Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2015
Friendly work environment.
Access to in house training programs.
Competitive salary when possible.
Employee's safety is a priority.
Good benefits package
Fast paced engineering solutions
Construction Management Support & Superintendent (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 3, 2015
Pros: resources and documentation at hand
Cons: frequent emergency solutions required
Coordination from concept to final design to construction. Typical day consists of confirming status of pending milestones/deadlines with suppliers/contractors and documenting detailed process of advancements with the design/construction of various subsystems.
Enjoyable tow work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2015
Company is an EPCM.
Busy every day to meet deadlines.
Management is great and work as a team.
To gain experience in the engineering industry.
The staff are great supportive people
Project Expeditor - Kearl Suite of Projects (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJune 11, 2015
Pros: Safety oriented, Charities, Golf Tournaments and Lunch and Learns
Cons: Long hours due to work load
Work is fast paced, with a heavy work load.
AMEC is great to recognize your abilities and to advance you to the next level.
Co-workers are extremely supportive and many had a great sense of humor.
Hardest part of the job is getting through the workload - but good to be busy, you have to be very very organized.
Most enjoyable is getting involved with charities, golf tournament, lunch and learns.
A good training ground for career starter in the engineering and supply chain environment
Buyer / Expeditor (Former Employee), OakvilleJune 10, 2015
Pros: with Designated Day Off
Cons: no recreation area
I was able to enhance more my supply chain knowledge because of the extensive training. People are generally treated equal. Environment is conducive to working productively. I enjoyed the company of the friendly co-workers, even after working hours.
You can work well if you know someone is in higher rank. Hence is not a good culture in overall.
Civil & Structural Designer (Current Employee), LabradorJune 4, 2015
Draft and design civil & structural drawings is my daily task.
What I had learn is coordinate among other discipline through out the whole project.
The co-workers are nice.
The hardest part of the job is you need have a good relationship with your section manager. If he doesn't know you at all, you hard works are hardly appreciate.
Dynamic Work place where clients can be engaged on various aspects from proposal stage to reporting.
Senior Geotechnical Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 2, 2015
An ideal typical day of work starts with checking on engineers working in the filed on various projects that I am engaged in. Field work typically leads to reporting and analysis in the office. Upon report completion and the supervision of intermediate level engineers I am contacting clients to update them on project progress and following up for future work to be engaged in.

I have been dynamically engaged with various coworkers working in the filed and office to complete reporting and proposal writing. to complete reports and project work and hand in to the client on time and budget gives me satisfaction and sense of achievement.
Material Controller (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 1, 2015
The job is great because I get tons of time off working a 14 days on / 14 days off shift. I like that each day brings a new challenge to take on.
Professional respectful environment
Project Controller / IT (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMay 15, 2015
Pros: Great beneifts
Cons: Sometimes lack direction
Amec Foster Wheeler is a good place to work with internal education structure that fosters self improvement.
Clear focus on critical path and high on HSSE standards.
Currently undergoing many changes with the new merger (Amec and Foster Wheeler have merged to become Amec Foster Wheeler).
This particular job can be slow during downturns, and just the opposite when larger projects are approved, par for the business!
Co-workers are friendly, professional and co-operative for the most part.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Piping Designer / Checker (Former Employee), Oakville, Ontario, CanadaMay 6, 2015
I had the opportunity of working for Piping and Process discipline in the same project. First time I worked inside Process discipline, so I learned a lot and provided help as a mechanical engineer for P&ID's and Line List production, and after that I cameback to Piping to continue with my regular activities.
A company that you will consider to work continuously, until you retire
Lead Structural Designer (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 4, 2015
Employees are very focus on their daily assignment. Amec will provide you training that is related to your discipline. The management is making sure that people in the projects are proactive and work hard to finish the job on time and meet the budget.

My co-workers are very respectful with each other. Very cooperative and are team players.

The hardest part of the job was we were short of staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that the management recognized the value of quality work.
Learned a great deal - awesome people!
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 24, 2015
Great place to work! Amazing experience working with some of the greatest people. Opportunity to grow your skill sets.
Professionalism and high wages
HVAC Designer / 3D Modeller (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 21, 2015
Pros: high wages
Cons: N/A
Amec Foster Wheeler is one of the best companies I ever worked for. Professional management, high salaries, and long lasting projects.
100% field work
Engineering Student Surveyor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 28, 2015
I was always in the field surveying and helping with design. Good experience if you have a good crew chief. Food allowance living out of town is well worth it.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good working environemnt, lots of opportunity
Cons: still subject to the market ups and downs
Good place to work, good benefits, strong support for work/life balance. Provides many opportunities within the same company so you can try several positions and type of work.

It is still a consulting company, so it is subject to the ups and downs of the market.
Professional and fun to work.
Mechanical/Piping designer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SkMarch 14, 2015
Pros: lunch & learn, and co. training
Cons: longgg winter.
Easy going and highly professional work culture, easy to
approach people from other disciplines willing and helpful for any thing related to the projects. strict in budgeted time(which is always the norm in every EPCM company) and
freedom to work extra hours if necessary to meet deadlines and submissions of packages. to summarize, deliver, deliver, deliver,
good company activities in and out of the work place, good community involvements with voluntary employee participation. very lenient in approving extra days off. in general I believed they offer a balanced lifestyle in that particular office.
Revenue