AMD

AMD Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent team with a lot of scope to learn
Core Implementation (Physical Design) co-op (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 9, 2013
I found the seven months at AMD as a complete learning experience. I was fresh from Grad school and there were people always around to help me when needed. This internship gave me an opportunity to work with the finest team and let me understand the industrial practises and apply my concepts learnt at school. The team let me involve directly in their – more... project and hence I had ample work to do.
It was overall an amazing opportunity and I enjoyed it thoroughly. – less
Good work/life balance
Sr. Program Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 4, 2013
I enjoyed working at AMD - the people are great and the facility is very pleasant.
Typical
Senior Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 3, 2013
Poor and inconsistent high level management created a stressful working envoronment
Great Start for any Engineer
Co-Op Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 1, 2013
AMD in Austin is a beautiful campus; the work life is supplemented with on site exercise facilities, cafe's, lunchrooms, pool and ping pong tables, and much more. The work AMD does here is very applicable to the technology you use in your devices right now, and so you know that the work you put in every day is meaningful in short and long terms.
Excellent group of associates and very rewarding
AMD-Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 26, 2013
Pros: bonus incintives and responsibilities that helped me grow
Cons: long hours quartley
Organize, maintain paper and electronic files; manage projects.
Do basic research, schedule reservations, book travels and meetings,Coordinating office's administrative activities and store, retrieve information. Integrate information for dissemination to staff and clients. Act as proxy, representing him in meetings or communications.
A typical day – more... was more along the lines of being an assistant for a financial analyst. Helpings with gathering sales information and distributing vital information among corporate personele.
Since I was working as an assistant, I hardly had to answer to work with management. I worked closely in relation with Boss and established a very well relationship that proved to work well for us.
The hardest part of the job was proving myself in the financial industry/sales when my background is that of Medicine.
I enjoyed every aspect of the job because it helped me grow and strive to better myself among corporate level employees. I was able to prove to me and my co workers that with hard work and tenacity, I could rise to the occasion if need be. – less
Very high efficiency working place
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Taipei taiwanApril 26, 2013
Pros: teambuild
■ Managed for the world largest Discrete Graphics card company.
■Worked with product introduction, Marketing Event support, BOM Analysis, and Sales order rebate handle.
■ Work with internal team to create all types of Rebate T&C.

I learn how to made a tough and critical decisions.
Truly enjoyed with all team members.
Mgmt is oblivious, employees are apathetic.
Desktop Administrator II (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 24, 2013
Pros: learn what *not* to do at your next job.
Cons: management, benefits and culture
This is the company you go to when you want to do a bunch of nothing and take home a paycheck for all your non-work. The list of things they don't have or do wrong is too long to type out. The company is not poised to take advantage of technology, markets or talent.
Great culture of employees with great opportunities for advancement
Manager System Test/Validation (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 22, 2013
Pros: work/life management was easy
Cons: sometimes difficult to achieve deadlines due to last minute change.
My position consisted of multiple cross functional meetings. These meetings being necessary to keep all groups on the same page and deliverables on time. I learned most about my skills that I had yet to tap into. I was put in positions of management because my superiors saw my talent potential.

The most difficult part of the job was the late hours – more... and weekends nesessary at times to meet goals

I most enjoyed the people I worked with. I was able to hire really talented people for my group and we worked seamlessly together. – less
Dynamic work environment
Audit Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 21, 2013
AMD is experiencing a transformation and transition in strategy.
Well rounded company
Wafer Fabrication Technician in Photolithography (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 11, 2013
Pros: staff, benefits, culture
AMD was a great achievement and experience. I learned a great deal working at this company.
Disappointing and in serious decline
Product Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TxMarch 28, 2013
Appearing near rock bottom in many ways including loss of company idenity, cultural, and motivation to succeed.
AMD was one of the best company's that i have worked for.
Operations Facilitator (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 26, 2013
I was in the production area and enjoyed the challenge of increasing our production numbers and lowering our costs.
good place to work
Senior Systems Design Engineer (Former Employee), austinMarch 18, 2013
Pros: free gym and good pay
Cons: massive layoffs
AMD was a good place to work with decent compensation/benefits. The culture was good and the coworkers were extra friendly and helpful. The only bad part was that the company was always doing massive layoffs to increase profits.
AMD
MTS System Test/Validation Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: having in hand what people are only speculating about.
Cons: having in hand what people are only speculating about!
I worked in a small team of engineers responsible for testing RDK platforms. Day to day operations were normally, executing verification test on platforms focusing on your immediate area of responsibility. The challenge in this was prioritizing time well enough to prepare for new platforms incorporating new chipsets and new family of processors while – more... maintaining a high level service for products currently in development. All the this does pay off in readings the next days reviews after a each release of a product. – less
Company in the midst of a difficult transition
Sr. Manager, Product Marketing (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: decent salary and benies.
Cons: growing caste divide between execs and workforce.
Good, hardworking people for the most part. Company transitioning to a different value prop within the market place. Much hard work ahead for those who stick it out.
No comment
SMTS System Architect (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: lack of strategic direction
Lost at sea. I see at least 3 years of bad times.
They have a weak position in a declining market. Plan to enter new markets, but hard times until then.
Company in Transition
Change Management Specialist - PMO (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2013
Lots of changes going on - working to respond to the Tablet Market
Great people, good place to work
Program Manager / Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: telecomute
Cons: politics of management
Very good place to work minus the politics. (which you will find almost everywhere)
With two boys at home, one of the best parts of AMD is the WFH capablities. Flexible with schedules as long as your work is done.
Distribution Buisness Manager
Distribution Business Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2013
AMD was a challenging company to work for. The messaging for sales and marketing was never coesive which made it challenging to sell there product. Marketing dollars were also limited which made it challenging to sell product.
Can be a great place to work with the right executive management
Sr. Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: generally good for work/life balance
Cons: need to dramatically downsize to stay profitable at current revenue level
AMD is a very engineering-driven company and can be a great place to work if senior management is effective, which unfortunately has not been the case in recent years. Currently AMD seems lost and cannot escape its consumer client past. AMD needs help becoming a real enterprise competitor.

The best part of AMD was working along side some really smart – more... people, but there's been a huge brain drain recently. – less

About AMD

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor company with facilities around the world. The Company offer x86 microprocessors, – Read more