AMD

AMD Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good people and interesting technical problems to solve.
Technical Marketing Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 10, 2014
AMD has been a good place to work with a decent work/life balance. The work has been very interesting and I have grown professionally while here.
On the down side, the company is having some financial problems, fairly frequent management changes and layoffs.
The Best Company in regards to their Employees
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 24, 2014
AMD is the best company and strives to maintain and retain their employees. They are quick to recognize and reward their employees and are generous in their recognition. In my 24+ years there, I was continously advanced and challenged to broaden my knowledge and skill sets.
Opportunities to advance, but lack of leadership
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, advancement
Cons: work/life balance, management
AMD offers plenty of opportunities for every level of employee, but is understaffed and over worked. A lack of leadership causes VP/Director level management to overwork employees in attempt to drive the initiatives. This causes a substantial amount of overlap and re-work between orgs.
Great company great managment
SAP Workplace Portal Analyst AMD (Former Employee), SunnyvaleFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great managment and culture
Cons: intel is a hard company to beat
100% vested your first day at work. "Why would we make you wait you should never want to go".
VP working on the shipping dock at year end push.
They walk the talk.
Ok place to be for now, but was not a long term goal
Senior Packaging Engineering (Former Employee), Markham, ILFebruary 14, 2014
People there were really cool, you pretty much had a job to do and management wouldn't care too much what you did as long as you got it done and got it right.
Company was going downhill when I left, but hopefully it will come back up.
Research and Devolopment
Platform Power and Performance Sr. Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: team
Cons: leaving
a typical day at work:
Optimizing and validating anything consuming power.

What you learned: To extensive to list, suffice to say, a lot.

Management: Immediate Managers are great.

Your Co-Workers: One of the best team I have been on, ever...

The hardest part of the job: Leaving...

The most enjoyable part of the job: Working there.
Great company in many areas with challenging passive/aggressive corp culture (see HBR)
Marketing (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: excellent compensation, competitive benefits and realistic work/life balance
Cons: numerous lay-offs, many changes in management, struggling focus
Many positives exist (e.g. great history and people); however, consistently changing leadership has made focus in a specific market(s) for long-term success very difficult.
Production worker
Senior Clerk - Leader (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: early work hours
Cons: 2 breaks 15 minutes each, lunch 45 minutes
Working in a clean room environment. Wafer fabrication area.
Fast-paced, productive work-place
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: great compensation, fair benefits
Cons: lots of turn-over in upper management
I worked a 10-year stint at AMD before when the company still manufactured their own products and owned their own real-estate. Competitive pressures have forced AMD to focus on chip design and chip sales only and to sale off their manufacturing and much of their real assets. As a result, the face of the company has changed and the family culture and – more... feeling of a long-term, stable work environment is not as strong as it once was. It is still a very aggressive company with some great career opportunities available. Just feels a little uncertain these days I the halls. – less
Great People with lot of management confusion
Design Verification Engineer L2 (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2014
Been here for 5 years. Great talent but struggling to survive
A company in need of reinventing itself.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: competitive salary, opportunity to learn
Cons: poor work life balance, very little job security
The semiconductor industry in the US is dying. The employees that are left are doing the work of 3 or 4 people to help control labor costs, so work life balance is poor. Salary is not competitive compared to other major semiconductor companies, but is well above most other technology companies in the area. There is almost always a layoff in Q4 each – more... year. You will learn a great deal about technology and work in the forefront of high-tech. – less
Good place to learn, good people
Director, Marketing (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, culture
Cons: long term growth, reputation as a winning company
Good place to learn and gain a broad range of job experience.
Team work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 16, 2013
Pros: working hard
Cons: moved production to off shore.
To manage, direct, and coordinate all aspects of manufacturing including interfacing with engineering, quality, customers, vendors, and subcontractors to meet the objectives of our customers and the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I did my job and meet the goals of the department and the hardest part of the job was when I did not – more... have help to do my job and I had to go to next task. – less
Challenging to find better revenue
Senior Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 1, 2013
Nice people. Unfortunately the technology industry is a very challenging environment to hold a secure position.
Interesting place to work, no 2 days are the same
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 14, 2013
Pros: great technology, good people, culture of respect
Cons: limited opportunities for growth
AMD is constantly re-inventing itself. The top executives and bottom knowledge workers continue to churn in and out of the organization while middle management remains largely the same. All in all AMD is a great place to work, where work-life balance and respect are valued pillars to the culture. However if you desire to grow and get different opportunities – more... from within an organization AMD might not be the place for you. There's simply too much uncertainty and change for the organization to focus any meaningful resources on fostering employee career development. – less
Working in a AMD is a dream job but no conversion into Full Time
Multimedia Testing on AMD GPU's (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APNovember 5, 2013
Pros: free snacks
Cons: long working hours
->Overall work culture is good but only is long hours we need to stay to complete the assigned work.
->Learning perpective is really good.
->Management is really good there is no discrimination between Contractors and FTE'S
->Co- workers are friendly and they will help as i need of them.
->There will be no hardest part in the job until we feel it.
->Most – more... enjoyable part of the job is from the activities conducted by HR teams. – less
a good job
Mask Design Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 24, 2013
good place to work to move up to management , good people to work for
Productive and fun work place.
Hardware Test (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: not free food
Nice people and cool environment to work. Learned a lot of new thing & new technology.
A very good experience
IT Auditor (Former Employee), M07September 29, 2013
My co-workers are very friendly and they are willing to teach when I am having problems. My team leader is open to any opinions even from interns. The internship allows me to see how auditing also plays an important role in a company. It is also fascinating to see how a multinational company communicate and collaborate on certain projects.
Good Work with lot of learning scope
Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 15, 2013
I have joined AMD some time back and in these days I feel that there's lot of learning opportunities. Team mates are extremely co-operative and open to discussions.

About AMD

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor company with facilities around the world. The Company offer x86 microprocessors, – Read more