AMD

AMD Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great products
Senior Product Engineer (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioApril 22, 2012
Good work environment with occasional flip of plans. Distributed management and sometime confused too and too much dependent on the competitor's move.
GREAT WORK EXPERIENCE
Call Center Technician (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 21, 2014
DRIVE TO A SATELLITE LOCATION SET UP LAPTOP ACCESS THE MAIN COMPUTER. LEARNED HOW TO SELL A DREAM , MANAGEMENT IS NOT TO STABLE. MY CO-WORKERS ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND INTELLIGENT . HARDEST PART OF MY DAY IS DEALING WITH TRAFFIC TO AND FROM WORK. MEETING NEW PEOPLE ON THE PHONE GETTING THEM TO GO ON A VACATION.
Rain clouds
Design Engineer I (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 27, 2014
Pros: some coworkers were sympathetic; an enemy of your enemy is a friend.
Cons: leadership/management was lacking, and job security was non-existant.
A typical day at AMD began with my understanding that it might be my last. After the experience I learned that if a company wants to get rid of you it will find a reason to do so, even if you're a high-performer; worrying is a useless emotion. There are strong managers there, but I only met a small number of them. The good ones have probably already – more... left. Most of my coworkers had families - much more to lose than I did - and this motivated them to work ridiculous hours, reacting to failures like wounded wild animals. What once was a thriving rainforest of growth and innovation is now a boneyard of vultures and hyenas, with the occasional bald-eagle passing through (who they laid off five people to bring in). The hardest part of the job was not quitting prematurely. The most enjoyable part of the job was reminiscing about the time before the company began its downward spiral. – less
Great people
IC Sr. Staff mask design engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 21, 2014
I have some good friends here.
Co-workers are helpful and work as a group.
productive and advanced work space
Equipment technician (Former Employee), Singapore, S00July 1, 2014
learned to work in team to handle most advanced technology,
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Co-op Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 30, 2014
Pros: gym and location
Cons: less cubical space
A typical week at work would be busy Mondays through Thursday with a team lunch on Friday to cheer you up. Work culture is awesome, dress code not very formal. The people are helpful and there is a good teaching culture and sharing of knowledge amongst peers and supervisors.
Many talented people
Compiler Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Boxborough, MAJune 23, 2014
AMD was a place where the people were very knowledgeable in there respected fields.
Schedule of rosters business practices and operational requirements as appropriate with all responsibilities
Sr.Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ban galoreMay 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours to work
It was a responsibility to make sure submit complete monthly time sheet duly validated and authorized by supervisor,in case team leader or supervisor is unavailable we would recommend that you make necessary arrangements for the authorized person to sign and approve the time sheet should be sent to local AMD office no later than closing month
I was given the opportunity to learned and promoted. Management is fair.
Production Lead and Burn in Technician (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: being able to work independently on projects .
Cons: laying off employees
The most enjoyable company i worked for and my hardwork, ideas and accomplistment were appreciated.
Worked from home
Distribution Account Manager (Former Employee), Richardson, TexasMay 1, 2014
Pros: travel and customer interface
Cons: constantly changing of company messaging and lack and clear overall strategy
Challenging but a very unstable working environment. Lack of consistent leadership. The technology I was responsible for selling was could not keep up with the competition- this was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of of the job was my relationship with customers.
AMD, a great opportunity with great people
Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 23, 2014
I spent most of my time driving solutions that hopefully would make the final cut and be used to drive AMD's next generation product development. AMD is a great place to work with really talented people. They are a fun group and seeing some of the products in action is very exciting.
good first job
Systems Debug Engineer (Former Employee), texasApril 16, 2014
great coop experience.
products are not competitive.
very gung ho culture, which is awesome.
Not the same place I started 10 years ago
Design Engineer (Current Employee), AustinApril 15, 2014
Blah Blah Blah - I can not give any more details than this. Giving any more detail than mentioned will give away who I am.
Great people and technology
Director-WW Graphics (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 8, 2014
Pros: people, technology, culture
Cons: austin centric
AMD is a strong competitor and strives to innovate. Very nice culture. Austin centric however.
Strugling Company with Potential
Sr. Marketing Manager, Intelligence and Analysis (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: interesting work in semiconductors in austin
Cons: constant rifs are sapping morale
AMD's focus is shifting from PCs to semicustom silicon based on their IP developed for PCs and servers. PC area has downsized steadily over last 4 - 5 years with more of it going offshore. But even the semicustom division is losing US employees as cost continue to be cut. AMD employees in the US have to endure frequent RIFs and concern over where management – more... will cut next. Meanwhile, some future products for server and ultraportable clients hold promise of reviving departments other than semicustom. For now the SOCs for the PS4 and Xbox One are keeping the doors open. – less
Good people and interesting technical problems to solve.
Technical Marketing Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 10, 2014
AMD has been a good place to work with a decent work/life balance. The work has been very interesting and I have grown professionally while here.
On the down side, the company is having some financial problems, fairly frequent management changes and layoffs.
The Best Company in regards to their Employees
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 24, 2014
AMD is the best company and strives to maintain and retain their employees. They are quick to recognize and reward their employees and are generous in their recognition. In my 24+ years there, I was continously advanced and challenged to broaden my knowledge and skill sets.
Opportunities to advance, but lack of leadership
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, advancement
Cons: work/life balance, management
AMD offers plenty of opportunities for every level of employee, but is understaffed and over worked. A lack of leadership causes VP/Director level management to overwork employees in attempt to drive the initiatives. This causes a substantial amount of overlap and re-work between orgs.
Great company great managment
SAP Workplace Portal Analyst AMD (Former Employee), SunnyvaleFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great managment and culture
Cons: intel is a hard company to beat
100% vested your first day at work. "Why would we make you wait you should never want to go".
VP working on the shipping dock at year end push.
They walk the talk.
Ok place to be for now, but was not a long term goal
Senior Packaging Engineering (Former Employee), Markham, ILFebruary 14, 2014
People there were really cool, you pretty much had a job to do and management wouldn't care too much what you did as long as you got it done and got it right.
Company was going downhill when I left, but hopefully it will come back up.

About AMD

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor company with facilities around the world. The Company offer x86 microprocessors, – Read more