AMD Employee Review

Sad to see what ATI has become
SMTS DV Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 August 2013
ATI used to be a great place to work. After AMD carved it up and took over the desktop graphics, it seems a lot of the spirit of ATI disappeared.
The work was challenging, and I wish I had stayed long enough to get a real feel for it, and for how management has changed since the AMD takeover, but I was around at a time when they were changing CEOs practically every other week. When the new guy came in, they famously laid off several thousand people, and I got culled before I really had a chance to dig in.
The rumor is that they go through hiring binges and then soon after go through purges. Many of the senior staff are very frustrated with the situation.
Pros
Senior ATI people still there - some great people
Cons
The company seems rudderless

Other AMD Employee Reviews

Interesting work and fun co-workers
Software Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 July 2017
This was my first job out of university, and I was very happy to have worked here. I learned a lot about what I do and do not want out of a job. One problem I encountered was that I was often put on tasks that did not fit my interest, despite working in a team focused almost entirely on interesting things.
Pros
Fun, interesting work environment
Cons
Long hours, deadlines
AMD has turned the corner.
Senior Manager, Advanced Micro Devices (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 March 2017
When I was at AMD it felt like the company was afraid to take risks and go after something which has potential with a risk factor attached to it. Since I left many of the decision making people in upper management changed and now they are on a road to recovery and potential.
Pros
People, Work Environment, Benefits.
Cons
Lack of risk taking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMD. Our community is ready to answer.

AMD Reviews by Location