AMD Employee Review

Traditional Work Environment
Benefit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA1 November 2012
A typical day at work involved interacting with peers and fellow employees, or upper management.

Hardest part of the job being confined in an enclosed work space behind locked doors every day with staggered lunch coverage.

Most enjoyable part of the job interacting with employees on an international basis.
Pros
solid benefits
Cons
cut backs

Other AMD Employee Reviews

Interesting work and fun co-workers
Software Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 July 2017
This was my first job out of university, and I was very happy to have worked here. I learned a lot about what I do and do not want out of a job. One problem I encountered was that I was often put on tasks that did not fit my interest, despite working in a team focused almost entirely on interesting things.
Pros
Fun, interesting work environment
Cons
Long hours, deadlines
AMD has turned the corner.
Senior Manager, Advanced Micro Devices (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 March 2017
When I was at AMD it felt like the company was afraid to take risks and go after something which has potential with a risk factor attached to it. Since I left many of the decision making people in upper management changed and now they are on a road to recovery and potential.
Pros
People, Work Environment, Benefits.
Cons
Lack of risk taking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMD. Our community is ready to answer.

AMD Reviews by Location