Amcor Rigid Plastics

Amcor Rigid Plastics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The best organizational culture
EHS Technician (Former Employee), CayeyOctober 9, 2014
Challenging and interesting working experiences.
Excellent culture. Employees were offered training opportunities and very competitive benefits.
Working at Amcor was very satisfactory to me. I had been working there for over 40 years and the people were great to work with.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILOctober 3, 2014
Pros: co-workers and management
In my early years at Amcor, I started as an attendant packing bottles. Throughout time I then advanced to being a quality inspector to working in Shipping and Receiving. I then became a Shipping Clerk. A typical day at work would be picking orders, setting appointments for pick-ups, filing, talking to customer service on orders, preparing labels for – more... UPS and FedEx on a daily basis. Everything I learned about Shipping and Receiving I had learned at Amcor. I learned different programs/software, and many trainings to complete certification in the job I did. The people at Amcor were friendly and excellent colleagues to work with. The hardest part of the job was leaving Amcor after many years. – less
Two years ago, overall rating would be FIVE star
Reclamation Manager (Former Employee), Franklin, INAugust 6, 2014
Pros: first day benefits, paid lunch
Cons: politics
Amcor Rigid Plastics is a global plastic packaging producer. Amcor
( Franklin IN) is a excellent company in terms of compensation, benefits and has a top rate Safety program. I have worked for them, Twenty-one years starting on the floor to leading a salvage regind section. Recently supervisors have transferred in to fill local openings from other plants – more... and created a culture of " out with the old, and in with the new". Its my opinion the philosophy now is loyalty of a younger employee to the supervisor than maturity (experience) and loyalty to the company while working in concert with supervision. – less
fun fast paced work environment
Grinder Operator/Sanitation (Former Employee), Blythewood, SCAugust 4, 2014
I learned the process of making plastic bottles. It was a very interesting process
Fun place to have worked
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Commerce, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: love my customers
Cons: company is closing
Company is Closing and there will be no offer to move. Loved working for this company, best part about it was my customers and meeting deadlines....
dont know if its worth the pay
Injection operator (Former Employee), indianapolisJune 17, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: management
pretty good pay but the managament wants to mircomanage everything.
Great working environment
Engineer (Former Employee), MichiganMay 22, 2014
nice manager, good culture, innovative thinking everywhere.
Average Company to work for
Technician (Current Employee), Franklin, INApril 29, 2014
Pros: plant has been in operation for 35+ years
Cons: insurance, call ins
Work varies from day to day for maintenance techs. There are times when you work 60 + hours a week and there are times when people are asked to take off early. Amcor is probably one of the best places to work in the area.
Enjoyed working at Amcor
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Blythewood, SCApril 22, 2014
Enjoyed working at Amcor.The benefits and pay were above normal.
Challenging fast pace work envirnment!
Materials Manager (Current Employee), Franklin, INApril 20, 2014
Manage planning, logistics, inventory, and resources
Organization is a must
Excellent Management team
Motivated employees which in turn motivated management
Terminations were difficult, but required for the business to grow
Progress was the most satisfying part of this job
Good company
Plant Controller (Current Employee), Blythewood, SCApril 8, 2014
Good company, makes quality product. Good people, enjoy working in the plant atmosphere. Good teamwork. Difficult to balance plant goals with overall corporate goals at times.
Great Company to work for. Unfortunately, they shut down the Delran Plant.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Cinnaminson, NJMarch 5, 2014
Great Company to work for. Unfortunately, they shut down the Delran Plant.
poor upper managment
Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee), Franklin,INFebruary 12, 2014
Long hours with no results. No pay increases in 4years. Management doesn't care about your feedback out you. Cares about their PIP Bonus more than Safety.
Nice place to work
Payroll Accountant (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: team aspect of most departments
Cons: advancement
Most departments and a team aspects. Very competitive company always looking for additional market share.
Highly productive, problem solving, proactive, multitasking and Team oriented.
Sales and Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami/Central AmericaJanuary 18, 2014
Key responsibilities: Send price quotes, receipt of purchase orders, forecasting, planning, distributing and receiving. Worked with customers and business units located in the Caribbean Islands, North America, Central America and South America.
Good
Manager (Former Employee), PRDecember 24, 2013
Nice place to work, lot to learn, nice people to work with.Continuos Improvement, safety culture and be the best are the main focus.
floor lead
FLOOR LEAD (Former Employee), Durham, NCNovember 6, 2013
Good job!!!! worked at a steady pace. Learned alot about shipping
Remote location with friendly, driven people
Supply Chain Management Intern (Former Employee), Manchester, MINovember 2, 2013
I primarily looked at improving the forecasting process. I learned how to deal with large sets of data, ambiguity and how to deal with individuals who were less than understanding and cooperative. Not an ideal location but the employees in the area where my cubicle was located seemed fairly nice and more than willing to help when I had questions.
Great place to work and pays good.
Safety Committee Member/Shipping/Materials (Current Employee), Itasca, ILOctober 28, 2013
I have been working here for 8 years and I have no complain. I would encourage anyone to work here.
Alot of tension
Maintenance Mechanic II (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 19, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: lack of communication
There is alot of tension between the maintenance employees and the management due to the lack of parts inventory, the increased amount of maintenance due to the lack of warehouse space, the lack of personnel due to the expansion, and the amount of forced overtime that regularly occurs. The management seems unconcerned with the issues. However, they – more... pay quite well compared to competitors. – less

1 2 3

About Amcor Rigid Plastics

Amcor Limited? Hardly. The package maker offers a near unlimited range of boxes, cartons, cans, flexible and film packaging, PET – Read more