Reporting to the Special Events & Guest Services Manager, the Booking & Guest Services Coordinator is responsible to lead the coordination of all guest services functions (accommodation, meeting rooms, food services, etc) to ensure exceptional customer service to clients that require conference and catering services in Ambrose facilities. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- coordinates room reservations, accommodations, catering, security, parking and technical support;
- develops & plans event menus in conjunction with Food Services;
- oversees all aspects of the Ambrose Residence Centres with regards to room rentals, billings, housekeeping schedules, procurement and laundry;
- enters and edits all details in a specialized event management software;
- administers the efficient and timely processing of invoices and payments including account reconciliation with contracted food services.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor degree or event management certificate;
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years related experience in hotel or tourism industry;
- Strong computer skills and ability to use or learn specialized software;
- Demonstrates a collaborative working style and an ability to be a team player;
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Ability to work irregular hours including weekends and evenings;
- Ability to lift 20kg+.
- Ambrose Employees agree to uphold and sign the University’s Statement of Faith upon initial appointment and govern the conduct of his or her work, in accordance therewith.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory criminal background check.
- In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens
and permanent residents of Canada.
START DATE: September 2, 2014
Review of applications begins immediately; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Ambrose University is committed to employment diversity and encourages applications from all qualified men and women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. For more information about Ambrose visit us online at www.ambrose.edu.