Ambius Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Installer (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MD5 August 2017
At Ambius is where I received my customer service experience. I was responsible for keeping the customers happy. As a plant installer/customer service rep, I was on the front line day to day to assist in the needs of customers.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, IL30 June 2017
My manager was awesome, although she is no longerthere. I was sorry to leave ambius the job was fast paced with teamwork very important
Sdfjkdfjkdfjdflkjd
Pros
Manag
Cons
Salay
Fun workplace
Senior Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA11 May 2017
Ambius is the world’s largest interior landscaping company specializing in designing spaces with plants, holiday décor, replica plants, ambient scenting, and green walls for commercial environments.
We are very proud to say that we’ve received numerous awards from both national and local associations, as well as from some of the most prestigious industry publications.
Very Educational and many Locations
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL6 May 2017
This company will help you Enhance the work environment to make their customers and their customers feel at home and have a Beautiful view to look at.
Some fun events like conference and flexible working day
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 March 2017
Ok, field work is no joke! Can work long days doing paper work and better support is needed from managers.
Colleagues are fun to work with and making commission is great.
Pros
Flexible days, commission
Cons
Not a normal 9-5 or office role
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC2 March 2017
The people I was working were nice with and the places I did the Gardening and care of indoor plants at were nice to visit. Having a work vehicle was good.
Pros
Having Company vehicle
Cons
Lots of driving
Very stressful
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, IL13 January 2017
This company has very good benefits. you work very long hrs and the compensation is minimum. allays under staff. you work 10-16 hrs days night and day some times.
Pros
good benefits 401K health.
Cons
No support under staff, work over load.
Fun learning experience
Service Area ManagerSupervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CA28 June 2016
Lots of physical labor involved, but overall a great company to work for and with. Management was easy to work with and supportive.
Pros
Lots of driving
Cons
Manager supportive and willing to guide towards career growth.
Great place to work, good people, nice ambiance,comfortable.
Customer Service/Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, IL9 March 2016
Ambius rents and maintains indoor plants and holiday décor. Office was always full of beautiful things. Finance, sales/service, projects, marketing, and horticultural teams all get along great in the space and have monthly meetings to keep employees informed about the company.
Typical day involved managing staff that handed collections, inbound service calls, insurance certificates, and administrative duties for 18 of Ambius' branches all over the US & Canada. My co-workers were all professional, easy to talk to and work with.
The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with our customers. Making sure they received the service they deserved, sending them billings they could understand, and making it easy for them to pay us.
The hardest part of the job was working with limited systems, and a frequently changing upper management teams.
Pros
Beautiful plants and holiday decorations. Good teamwork in office.
Cons
Limited systems help through IT
Fun Place to learn new design ideas
Designer- Freelance (Former Employee) –  Omaha Nebraska13 January 2016
Design large Christmas Trees , panel trees etc .
for large Hospitals.Union Pacfic, etc. Five day work week, designed Trees from the lighting to the décor. Also, designed private home from the outside to the interior.
Interesting place to work for, dealing with live interior plants
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OH21 July 2015
Covering a multi-city area, and on a 6 week route schedule, I was in charge of maintaining Interior tropical plants inside corporate office buildings. As a service technician I was also responsible for writing up replacement plants, and talking with our contacts to ask and inform them about our services that we provide.
Pros
Not staying at one place for the whole day
Cons
Always being monitored
Great place to work. Miss the job very much.
Branch Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WA30 June 2015
Day to day working with sales and service managers was very nice. I had a great support network from the sales up to the region managers. Was very upset when they did realignment and elimination of my position. Would go back in a heart beat if they asked me to.
Ambius Review
Sales and Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL2 June 2015
Great relationship with my boss. Interesting product to sell (holiday décor and green plant rental). Loved meeting with clients.
Pros
Flexibilty and the knowledge I gained
Cons
no direction from corporate
mooi bedrijf
Servicemedewerkster B - interieurbeplanting (Current Employee) –  Duiven, GE28 January 2015
Mooi bedrijf.
Veel zelfstandigheid en vrijheid.
Eigen werkindeling maken met feedback op de achtergrond.
Lichamelijk zwaar werk.
It was a good healthy and safe place.
Delivery Driver / Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines IL28 November 2014
A typical day started with getting to the warehouse and loading your truck. Then it was time to get started on your route. Great co-workers and management. I really enjoyed this job because of the people I worked with and our clients. It was a great experience and was sorry it was only summer help.
Flexible hours, great managers, supportive and appreciative
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MA16 January 2014
I worked at Ambius for 14 years, with great co-workers, a team attitude, learned about plant care and customer service, at times there was a heavy workload with extra work at Christmas to water extra plants, and stay in the allotted work day. I loved to meet new people and keep their businesses looking beautiful. Plants keep noise levels lower, keep the air cleaner and enhance the look of the company or lobby.
Pros
Paid vacations, health insurance provided, provided a work van
Cons
Support managers were overworked.
A productive work environment.
Warehouse management (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC2 December 2013
I worked part time here doing warehouse management. I would come in and determine what needed to be done in the warehouse. Once I determined what needed to be done I would go about organizing, cleaning, supervising incoming shipments, and taking care of the plants that needed it. I learned a lot about plants and how to care for them. My co-workers were usually out at client sites and therefore the hardest part of the job was that I was working alone 90% of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see the impact that I made on the warehouse at the end of the day.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no cons
Productive workplace with a family like environment.
Admistrative Assistant and Seasonal Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OH7 May 2013
A typical day at work was never dull working with the ladies at Ambius. I learn so much about the plants, the customers, fellow employees, and I learned a whole lot about christmas trees. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the plants and remembering them. I enjoyed the people I worked with both customers and employees.
Pros
Happy Environment, Nice co-workers, great management.
Cons
A lot of learning and changing constantly.
Demanding work with hard working employees.
CSS-Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL10 April 2013
A very physically demanding place to work with little to no support staff.
A great place to work for but they are moving.
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, IL14 February 2013
This is a great place to work for.. You get to learn a lot from your bosses. Your busy from start to end of your day and your day goes by so fast.

Company is moving their Finance Dept to Reading, Pa.
Pros
you get to work together with the whole company
Cons
i don't have anything i don't like about the company