Seasonal Position ( April/ May – October 31)
Hours are varied and dependant on cruise ship arrivals.
Oversee cruise ship arrivals, ensuring a high level of customer service and employee focus. Execute plans for tour operations that are profitable, safe and lawful.
Requires administrative preparations prior to cruise ship arrivals, on site supervision during an arrival and reporting arrivals details to supervisor.
Provide direction, on site supervision, and support to the Cruise operational team through collaboration with Ambassatours Gray Line head office.
Reports to: Cruise Supervisor – Atlantic Ports
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the daily operations and functions of the shore excursion programs
- Responsible for day-of ticket sales and daily reconciliation
- Confirms supplier visits
- Develops and implements staff schedules of daily operations
- Works with the ship staff and office staff to ensure proper scheduling, delivery and invoicing
- Monitors and develops the quality of the shore excursions and guest experiences
- Ensure that everything is working in full capability and reporting all concerns Responsible for the collection of visitor survey forms
- Responds to shore excursion staff inquiries
- Resolve shore excursion staff and guest concerns and complaints
- Coordinates the pierside sales program
- Supports cruise staff including tour guides, drivers and coordinators
- Helps to recruit, train, evaluate and maintain shore excursion quality
- Helps to organize staff orientation and training sessions
- Maintains strong communication with staff, other tour operators and port staff
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment
Administration & Skills
- Upholds policies and procedures
- Compiles and submits daily tour numbers, reports to the supervisor of cruise operations
- Participates in appropriate office activities and meetings as required
- Provides support to the cruise supervisor as required
- Maintains community and industry partnerships
- Strong leadership skills, with a firm and fair approach when interacting with staff
- Experience working within a high traffic environment
- Ability to plan, organize and manage effectively
- High level of customer service skills and knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
Hours are varied and depend on the cruise ship arrivals. Please check the local port authority website to confirm dates.
Apply online at www.ambassatours.com/careers
Please no phone calls.
All candidates will be contacted for an interview during the week of March 25 – 29, 2013