AmazonAutoNation.com Ltd. We are a well established marketing company working
exclusively with Auto Dealers in Canada. Each of us work in “the cloud” from our home office.
We manage all aspects of our clients online marketing including PPC, SEM, SEO, Social Media,
Blogging, Video Production and much more. Founded in 2007, we represent dozens of car
dealers across Canada and have 8 full-time employees from both Canada and the US.
This position is open to well qualified Canadian and US residents seeking a permanent full-time
career working from home.
An Account Manager is the main point of contact for all dealership client’s staff, acting as an
extension of their team to advocate on their behalf to all other applicable vendors. Account
Managers report to the Director of Client Services, perform tasks both delegated internally and
from the client. An Account Manager has not only the aptitude to consult and aid their clients but
the attitude needed to foster a very close working relationship with their clients.
Experience working at a dealership or as an online consultant would be a great benefit to the
To be determined on an individual basis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Setting up new accounts with internal processes
- Website updating and back end configurations, including but not limited to:
- Facilitation of the following, including but not limited to:
- updating images and graphic elements (Photoshop or comparable skills are an
- website content management
- domain, website, and email hosting
- inventory feed setups to both the main dealership website and exports to other
websites (such as Canadian Black Book, autoTRADER, or Kijiji)
- interdepartmental tasks and projects, such as communicating requests from the
client to the Search Engine team for Google AdWords campaigns, or working with
vendors to organize postings of videos and other website content across all online platforms (social media, websites, etc.)
- Delegation and sharing of tasks both within AAN and with the clients and their chosen
- Resolution of inventory issues with vendors, schedule meetings, perform research,
update websites, troubleshoot common issues, and overall represent the dealership as
an extension of their staff
- Assisting in issue resolutions, including but not limited to:
- Other vendors’ products and services
- Timely completion of regularly scheduled (monthly basis) tasks
- Familiarity with the operational structure of a car dealership and why their online
marketing solution is so important to branding, lead generation, and closing sales of cars
- Basic understanding of SEM and SEO
- Completion of special projects and creative projects as they arise.
- Experience in Google Analytics and analytics reporting are an important asset
- This is an ever present and rewarding challenge for an Account Manager. Our
clients look to us as the consultative experts who, if they do not know the answer
to a question, will proactively seek the answers and solutions that will work best
for the task at hand
- Proactive development and maintenance of knowledge and skills related to the industry’s
technologies, website platforms, online tools, products and services, and trends
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
Technical Aptitude: Strong knowledge of webbased applications and common internet
protocols and conventions, such as browsers, email, domains, HTTP, and FTP. Basic
knowledge of web display languages, particularly HTML (CSS is a plus!) Experience in Microsoft
or Google cloud applications such as MS Word/Google documents and Excel/Google
spreadsheets. Experience in managing online goods/inventory for sale and/or website content a
plus. Experience in web based CRM such as SalesForce or Insightly.
Industry knowledge: Strong understanding of automotive industry and basic dealership
hierarchy/staffing. Experience working at a dealership or as an online consultant would be a
great benefit to the successful candidate.
Communication skills: Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and
articulate both verbally and in writing with teammates, clients, and vendors. An AAN teammate,
especially an Account Manager, has patience when working with difficult situations and people,
and is able to maintain and complete a regularly scheduled queue of tasks while also managing
the ever changing and fast paced relationships with their accounts and those tasks that arise.
Organization Skills: Excellent time management skills are a must when working remotely. An
Account Manager has the ability to multi-task, proactively and creatively problem solve,
self manage and prioritize. The ability to follow procedure and protocol as outlined by AAN and
as needed by their clients. Understanding the importance of the proprietary nature of sensitive
client information and its security is critical.
Teamwork Skills: Prioritizes needs of self, others, the organization, and clients with flexibility.
Offers ambition, creativity, and collaboration to better our company and foster a supportive and
productive work environment. An AAN teammate is not a ‘clock watcher,’ but one who will go
above and beyond to deliver for the company and their clients, making them an essential partner
to us and our clients.