Amazon.com

• Salary/Benefits
Great leadership Opportunity
Area Manager (Current Employee), Coffeyville, KSSeptember 8, 2014
Lead more than 140 associates daily
Provide insight and leadership to associates
Utilize time-managemnt skills daily
fast paced enviroment & supervisors willing to help
picker (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: worked without any supervision
Cons: meeting productivity
fast paced & buisy from beginning to end of shift. time went by fast every evening
Huge place
Packing Associate (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 7, 2014
This place is not bad to work at but you cannot get to work during the holidays.
Amazon
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2014
Work was Work position where I can utilize my excellent customer service skills and
strong organizational skills
Could be better, could be worse
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Hebron, KYSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: stable work, plenty of overtime available, good co-workers
Cons: lack of upper promotional oppurtunity, a lot of favoritism
Hard work in a warehouse with variable temperatures. Co-workers are generally easy to get along with.

New skill training comes to those who are in good with management, not necessarily those who are deserving.

Amazon DOES NOT promote management (area managers, OPS, etc) from within.
A day at Amazon
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CASeptember 5, 2014
Once arrived in the building you head to your locker to lock up any personal belongings because you cannot bring it on the floor. Then you go to your department and stretch and have a meeting. Once assigned to your job function you log on under your name so they can keep track of your hours. I'm currently in the pantry department and one of my favorite – more... jobs is to pick. My department also deals with the robots also known as a kiva. In the process of picking, the computer gives you the orders you have to pick for the customers. You select the boxes and pick the items then you send the box down the conveyor belt to get packed. Teamwork is a key factor working at amazon, from receiving to shipping, everyone works together to meet the customers needs. – less
Scammed by NCG logistics via Amazon
Driver (NGC logistics) (Current Employee), Amazon Nottingham (DNG1)September 5, 2014
Pros: amazon staff are brilliant
Cons: mis training and additional work unpaid
Worked for NGC logistics the official partner for Amazon they claim but when you start there you see about 20 other companies doing the same. Anyway NGC teach you to hide parcels in gardens, throw over fences put in bins. Anything to make sure you dont bring them back to depot. But when theres a complaint they go against you to show amazon they are – more... perfect. So dont trust these guys. Also found out by another guy who they later got rid off that they claim wages to pay you for induction & training day but didnt pay us. The Boss is a liar calls himself Nav but is never around when there is problems. Always pay drivers late and work them over the legal working hours.

Work for transline or PCS instead. Beware of NGC they are not the "official partner" – less
worst job ever.
Stock worker (Former Employee), Chester, VASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: pay is good
Cons: the quality and rate system is almost unreal.
Amazon has to be the worst job I have ever had its to much walking, breaks are short, and hours are long. You get write up's for every quality or rate error so there is no job security.
productive
Temporary Packer (Former Employee), RudgelySeptember 5, 2014
was fun to work their u always had something to do in a very busy environment. i learned how to reach deadlines an achieve them, my co workers was very helpful if i needed assistance.
the hardest part of the job was being on are feet for long periods but u get use to it after a period of time.
Amazon
Sorter (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2014
Amazon is a great work environment, and has pretty decent wages. The people there are easy to get along with. The long hours on your feet will take some getting used to.
Productive work environment with ping ball table
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: layoffs
A typical day at Amazon consisted of arriving to work 30mins before the shift, reporting to pre-shift meeting, reporting to work area, and working until the end of the shift.While at Amazon i learn how to use different kinds of forklifts such as the stand up, the side rider, and the Pc. Along with learning the Trailer Dock and Release Safety procedure. – more... as well obtaining exceptional people skills and gaining experience in a leadership role. Management at Amazon was quite exceptional all supervisors and managers alike was patient, kind, and explained every task with great detail. My co-workers was ideal making life long friends along with amazing colleges at work has not been a subject i am unexperienced to. the hardest part of the job would have to be the seasonal time period when productivity was at a all time high for seasons and many many orders had to be filled out. the most enjoyable part of the job was actually all day majority of the day as cliche as that sounds its true Amazon is an ideal place to work at besides the constant layoffs. – less
Pays great. Thats about it.
Inbound Problem Solver (Former Employee), Fernley NVSeptember 3, 2014
Horrible safety ethic, managers play favorites, life/work balance is miserable. (seriously, work, home, sleep, work, 6 days a week.)
Fast-paced warehouse with a variety of personalities
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 3, 2014
-A typical day at work: receiving product to exceed productivity expectations.
-One thing I've learned is how to stand out from the crowd.
-There are leaders in place to ensure proper workflow.
-My co-workers are people from all walks of life.
-The hardest part is knowing that opportunities for advancement is limited.
-The most enjoyable part of the – more... job is interacting with new people. – less
Typical Warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2014
You have your good days and you have your bad but it is a job not my career
Amazing work environment
SMX staff (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: long breaks, time management
AMAZON is a clean and very secure place to work. no matter what location of the building you worked in you could see that management and you coworkers made the effort to help you out and make sure everything was safe. Amazon is a very large building but each section has its goal I worked in packing where you pack out costumer orders and solve problems – more... with orders such as damaged items and canceled orders.the fun part about this job was management and crew communication if the floor did not make quota we understood it was us as a team that needed to push harder. because we are all co owners in the company. – less
Warehouse Worker
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2014
To start, most employees enter Amazon through a temp agency and if they are in the right place at the right time (usually holiday season if you survive the rat race) then employees will get an offer to apply to become "converted" as a full time amazon employee. Temp associates and Amazon associates do the same work except Amazon associates get benefits, – more... and raises until you reach the capped raise in your tier level (will speak more on tier levels below)

A typical day working at Amazon fulfillment center depends on your position. You either enter into the warehouse as a Tier 1 associate and work your way up (becoming a manager will be rare for you if you do it this way) or you come in as a manager (if you qualify for the manager position I suggest you ONLY apply straight into the management position).

In Amazon there are (2) departments: Inbound and Outbound. I only know about outbound. In outbound you will be classified as a picker or a packer; and they mean EXACTLY what the name means. You either PICK customer purchases ALL day or you PACK customers purchases into boxes ALL day. All day meaning 10 hours for 4 days in a week. So imagine shopping all day putting random items in your "cart' (aka picking) or being the store-bagger at the end of the cash register placing those purchases into a single box ALL day (aka packer).

Positions in Amazon fulfillment center are really easy, however, when you have to do something really easy over and over again it becomes very boring and hard on your body. You are not allowed to sit down except for at break ( you get two 15 min breaks, but is really 9 min breaks depending on your location in the building and how fast you walk) and lunch (30 min).

to give a small background about me: I have my degree and was qualified for the manager position, however, I made the fatal mistake of thinking that I could "work my way up". Unfortunately, Amazon hires most of their managers (from what I saw in my building) from the College internship program so your manager will either be in their early 20's or beat down and a bit older because they worked their way up in the company for 6-8 years and FINALLY became manager (a rare event!) meanwhile the intern student/manager did a 3 month internship and got the position if they did well during the internship. (the much SMARTER way because working your body out is NOT worth it!)

By the way, Amazon fires their managers if they are not keeping up with "performance" at the end of 1 year. Managers are also on call 24/7 so I suggest you do NOT have a family. And if you are working at a warehouse in Florida, and receive a call that Amazon is shipping you to Seattle. Pack your bags for Seattle if you want to keep you management job.

other positions in the building go as follows: 1. Tier (1) warehouse associate, Tier 2 don't exist; Tier 3 is either safety, trainer, or PA (which is similar to supervisor) - majority of employees only want to make it to the tier 3 position because beyond that is considered stressful (tier 3 is also lateral so Amazon will switch around people already in the position to fill openings) Tier 4; is newbie manager or computer IT; Tier 5 is Manager; and Tier 6 is probably something like your managers-manager and anything past that does not matter...

To close this review, because it is getting too long. Just Google Amazon warehouse employee reviews or something like that and you will surely see ALL the complaints. There are the rare people who enjoy working in the warehouse job but they are usually workaholics with low standards. Majority of fulfillment associates despise working there but deal with it to pay bills, and feel as if their is no other job options.

more info about me: I worked at Amazon for 2 years trying to work my way into the management position. within those 2 years I noticed that my body was degrading. My hands felt stiff in the morning, My feet became swollen while working on the dock (where packages are loaded into trucks), I suffered through back to back sprained groin muscles to the point that I could not bend, or walk and eventually I started to have breakdowns because I was exhausted, my body ached constantly and I became miserable which led me to give up trying for the management position and leave. Looking back, I wished I left sooner.

To officially end, the best part of working their was leaving and the worst part was everything else. The associates are nice if your not a drama-magnet. – less
Average workplace
Christmas temporary worker (Former Employee), Swansea, Fabian WaySeptember 2, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: robotic work
Twice I have worked here under many different roles. Treated like dirt on times. Break times were horrible due to the lack of time you had and distance to walk to the food hall. The job was do-able but wouldnt work here if i had other options
Very Poor Management
Inbound Stocker (Former Employee), Carlisle, PASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: hours
poor management, co-workers were not happy, overall could have been run better. should have more meetings that workers can attend to give their input on what should be done to make things better
The work schedule is very hard for single moms.
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee), Chester, VASeptember 2, 2014
The hours are long but the pay is good. Its nice to have a set schedule but being a single mom and having a child that just started school its hard to keep him on a routine because I don't get off work until 4am.
rubbish
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), swanseaSeptember 2, 2014
i dont really want to make a comment on this company because they are such a shambles

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more