Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice place to work
Warehouse colleague (Current Employee), Milton Keynes, ENGJanuary 14, 2015
Friendly people, Physically easy job, various job places every day (you dont have to work all the time in the same place ) , nice canteen. Although you have to meet tight deadlines, and the breakfast menu in the canteen all the time is the same :/
A Big Warehouse
Packaging (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: they have a nurse office, stations in variety of places for any questions or concerns, and constant reminders of your well being is number one.
Cons: no free lunch, pg's don't really help, its hard to get the correct answer to a question.
Now working in Amazon wasn't so bad and its really hard to get hired on as their standards are a little high but not unattainable. The managers and assistants consistently are aware of each worker and want to make sure of their well being, plus each work department is very simple, simply repetitive and the long hours that would get to you. Now working their may seem a bit like high school when it comes to break times, if you weren't the social butterfly then you were the loner and that in turn effects your outlook on the rest of the work period, so I recommend finding some work friends and when it comes to working, well it goes by very quickly, especially if you break it down by breaks compared to thinking the whole time frame. Overall they really look out for you, sure their are some cons but I found the pros more worth looking at.
A Big Warehouse
Packaging (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 14, 2015
SIMPLE AND EASY
Pit driver/Utility Worker (Current Employee), Avenel, NJJanuary 14, 2015
I WORK IN AVENEL NJ SORT CENTER. I AM A SORTER.THE JOB IS BABY CAKES ANY ONE CAN DO IT.I SEE PEOPLE THAT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE ON THERE 60'S WORK IN THERE IS VERY LIGHT WORK NOT HEAVY AT ALL,THE ONLY THING IS THAT YOU DO HAVE TO WALK ALOT AND STAND NO SITTING.BUT HEY YOUR BODDY ADAPTS
Not the best work place, rude to there employees.
Pack/ICQA (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: pay amount
Cons: lack of management, and not long enough breaks or lunch
Managers were not helpful in ways that they should have been, They were rude to there employees and not good customer service.
Process Associate Retail Systems (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free sudexo, cab
Cons: salary is not enough for the work i do.
I learnt too many things as it was my first job, got to know how business works and what i can contribute to the business to make it feasible. I would want to implement all my ideas but there are few constraints which are stopping me. Management is also good. My co-workers are very helpful and its fun.
fun place to work
Packer/Material Handler (Former Employee), Campbellsville, KYJanuary 13, 2015
was an ok place to work. they do not hvae and understanding that sometimes you have to take off to take your child to the hospital cause theyb are very sick.
Awesome Job
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
paper work

about being a hard worker

very good

coworkers were cool

walking 22 miles

food
Work Work Work
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Nashville TnJanuary 13, 2015
Fast Paced Environment

Best Technology. Not the place to work if you don't want to compete.
great weight loss place
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: weight loss
Cons: crazy scanner
this was run for your money job. i ran 22 miles a day picking orders that my scanner on their system would just bounce me everywhere. co-workers i never saw because you did not have time to ever stop and say hello or you would not make rate.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Campbellsville, KYJanuary 13, 2015
I enjoyed my time at amazon because I was able to contribute to other peoples happiness by making sure they received the correct order. It was also a great way to get exercise due to the amount of walking you did each day.
I already wrote a review on this
Picker (Former Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 13, 2015
I already wrote a review on this. The very first review I wrote is about Amazon. Great place to be if you don't go through ISS.
great company that tries hard to satisfy
CSR (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: work from home, great company, great managers
Cons: huge knowledge base without great software...
Work day was fast paced, I was cross trained to perform many duties, Management was very helpful and always positive. It was work at home so I did not meet many of my co workers but chatting in the team room was always fun and usually productive. The hardest thing was the large amount of information I had to digest as I was cross trained into almost every split.. I loved solving a complicated problem for a customer and earning their loyalty!!
This is the worst company to work for
Warehouse associate (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 13, 2015
The GSP1 plant shows more favoritism with in the management and leadership positions. This plant doesn't care about the safety of the employees when inclement weather is known about. This company classifies a warehouse associate in the same category as a cashier and basis the pay by a cashier's pay. This is the worst company to work for they treat you like you are in high school still.
Loved my job.
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits, decent pay.
Cons: long walks to the break areas without a lot of time.
-I usually did the same thing most days, picking items from the racks with a forklift to be packed and shipped.
-I learned to work quickly and safely with others and by myself.
-Management was mostly laid back and easy to work with and for.
-My co-workers were a delight to work with and I'd gladly go back. -The hardest part of my job was standing on the forklift for 10 hours. -The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co-workers.
great company
Trainer (Former Employee), Patterson, CAJanuary 13, 2015
hard to get into but once you do you can go any direction within the company that you choose. They prefer college grads but do not allow that to stop you. You can work your way up from the bottom. just requires 2 years within that field and you can apply for management.
Good workplace
Warehouse order picker (Former Employee), Rugeley, ENGJanuary 13, 2015
To begin with, if you are naive and you believe all advertisements then you think that amazon is fun an wonderful place to work.
Well, I would not agree about part being fun since what you do all day is picking at fast pace. But if you are not looking for fun place but looking for good job then I recommend whenever there are any vacancy at Amazon grab your chance. I recommend Amazon because:
+good pay at night shift (~8 pound /h || overtime 10 pound/ hour)
+easy job (you don't really need to lift heavy objects they say that the biggest box you need to lift weights 14.99kg but you will rarely find such "heavy" box probably you will be picking Hunger game disc or Twilight books)
+safe warehouse
+you do not need to wear safe boots, well if you have been working in workplace where you need to stand or walk all day you understand what I mean.
+/-your individual work will never be in vain since every item you picked will be analyzed in computers chart,
cool place for about a week or two then boring
fulfillment associate (Current Employee), Ruskin,FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, weekly pay
Cons: almost everything
I recently just moved to Florida and this job helped me meet people. But besides that the job is boring and long. Your standing in the same spot for almost 10 hours and you are not getting put in different depmartment unless the other department is short. HR watches you everywhere you go so you cant really do anything.
Productive and very good team work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Peterborough, ENGJanuary 13, 2015
Hardest part of my job was counting , after 3-5 hours you just starting to work faster but your brain is tired already!
Very fast paced and rate tracking job
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great benefits, paid time off, vacation, and set schedule
Cons: long hours, work on rates, and no cafeteria
A typical day of work consists of standing at your station for 10 hours packing out orders for customers. I've learned in my employment here that you are better off staying to yourself and your work. Management sometimes are not as knowledgeable to the task at hand due to lack of communication. Coworkers are fun and diverse, you will meet a variety of people as an employee here. Hardest part of the job is standing in one position for a long periodically time.

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more