Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
GREAT COMPANY
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee), East Point, GAOctober 2, 2014
Amazon is a great company to work for. They appreciate their employees and treat us very well. Be prepare to work hard, have fun and make history.
productive, motivated place, provide determination and hardwork.
Stower (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 1, 2014
Pros: awards/gift cards
friendly place, hard worker people and motivated managers and supervisors. I love the discipline that the place required for associates specially the safety. I work night shift and I love it, i love the physical task, walking and moving all the time.
Never again
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee), Dunfermline, SCTOctober 1, 2014
I was under paid, not paid for holidays, There working conditions are the worst I have ever worked in. There breaks are terrible having to walk 10 minutes of your break and having to leave 5 minutes early to clock back in so your 30 minute break is really 15 minutes.
Never again
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee), Dunfermline, SCTOctober 1, 2014
EMT
EMT (Current Employee), New Castle, DESeptember 30, 2014
Good company to work in terms of being out and about. We are about to get out into the Sunshine and more of people person.
Sotation/packer
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee), Hazleton, PASeptember 30, 2014
Boxes full with all types of items will be on table and each item has a designated location. Computer will say how many items go into each designated box; when box is full it will be ready to be sent onto next stage. Managers were always keeping N out making sure everything was safe, clean, and correct. Overall it was a good job that kept me constantly – more... moving. – less
Good place to work at.
Warehouse Associate/Trainer (Current Employee), phoernix Az.September 30, 2014
Typically the environment is extremely hectic, multi-tasking is a definite must. Yet working with people from a cooperative standpoint as a team can be very rewarding. Especially when yourself or others go out of their way to cooperate from a team standpoint to achieve daily goals.

Therefore working here is a n advantage, you're able to help others – more... and see them excel and improve, which is quite rewarding. – less
good place to work
warehouse operative (Former Employee), Peterborough, ENGSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free coffees
Cons: not alot of english speakers
enjoyed my time here but sometimes the targets are extreme even tho i always hit them, cudnt really interact with other workers as u had to stay on your own packing section . Management was laid back and expected you to always do your best and just left you to do your work.
Three different types of gaming systems
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Las VegasSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free gatorade and capucciano
Cons: sore feet
I loved working for this company. I found the goal oriented way of the company made me want to push harder.
Fast paced & great work enviroment
Order selector (Former Employee), Chester, VASeptember 29, 2014
Good place to work because it has great benefits and offer competitive pay
Ever changing Amazon
Model/Talent Producer (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: lots of experience, good benefits, nice campus
Cons: not much corporate culture, data driven, non caring attitude
Amazon is a fast growing company. The workload is intense and as a result there is often a large turnover. This turnover can be frustrating with management etc. positions taking a long time to be filled and work loads being added to other positions.

As Amazon matures they seem to be hiring better and you can really get some smart, experienced, talented – more... co workers with the opportunity to learn a lot from. There are still however a lot of best practices/ basic processes that need to be installed to make work run smoothly within this big machine.
It is exciting knowing that you are working for a "winner" however that can quickly run short if you just feel like you're on the hamster wheel.

An exciting but non-fulfilling company to work for however you come away with amazing experience making it a very good stepping stone. – less
Fast pace workplace
stow (Current Employee), Middletown, DESeptember 29, 2014
Pros: work 4 days a week, have 3 off (except during peak season)
Cons: short breaks, hard to get benefits set up, no one ever answers the phone in hr
I don't mind amazon. I do not see it as a career choice, but very fun, very fast, overtime available most the time.
fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: short breaks
learned to be very punctual and always watch your surroundings and others around you. Give credit where credit is due.
productive and fun work place as stated by tag line "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History"
QA (Former Employee), IndiaSeptember 29, 2014
Every day is like day one but with lots of improvement and progress. I have learnt management, mentoring and leading a team, flexibility, 24x7 availability for work.Cool management who understands our problems and identifies talent in an employee. co-operative co-workers.Hardest part of the QA job is confirming giving feedback and making people understand – more... why that is an error. enjoyable part is discussing QA projects in a call with people in Seattle. – less
warehouse
ICQA Associate (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 28, 2014
you was isolated counting inventory. the hardest part was having to be to your self for 10 hours a day
process returns
Customer Returns Associate/SMX Coach (Current Employee), Hebron, KYSeptember 28, 2014
Amazon in a very diverse company. I process items that customers of Amazon have bought and no longer want the item(s) anymore. The hardest part of the job is when certain areas of the building get backed up and there is nowhere to put the items in a safe location.
Great Place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: 4 10hr days work with 3 days off
Cons: 30min breaks
I love working for amazon its a fun place to be if you like long hours. Just 4 days a week with three days off great benefits and perks.
Not too bad most of the year
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 28, 2014
February-September is not too bad. October-January is rough.
busy bussy bussy
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), swanseaSeptember 27, 2014
Cons: busy and hard going
stowing goods to a high target with poor work condidions
as menioned on tv sevral times
Good Place To Work . Good Work Enviroment
Production Line Assembler (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VASeptember 27, 2014
Work was Good everyday. Great Teamwork Environment . Giid Place to learn fast pace work

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more