Amazon.com Employee Reviews

learn so many things
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2015
i always started my day with a thought that today i will learn new things and show good productivity,our management was good and very helpfull.my co-workers were loving and always keen to help eac hothers..hardwest part was leaving job and my co-workers,enjoyable moment was luckydraw in best attendence.which i got
Pros
free coffe, snacks, holiday meal and
Cons
long hours, donot have job security
Good Place and environment
Learning Ambassador/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2015
Good peaceful environment.
Difficult to maintain rate very crowded in peak season (Dec). GM and all managers are very good. HR is Exceptionally cooperative.
Great management and people but long hours and uneventful work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2014
With my time at Amazon I had very small tasks in a very large group of people. It was hard to connect with others as the establishment was so large, and the hours consumed the majority of my time. I was not trained on any tasks but one, which consisted of scanning items and organizing them into carts, despite requesting to learn other jobs throughout the warehouse. It was difficult to work such long hours while being forced to do the same mundane tasks over and over with no chance of a change of environment/ pace. However, all of my superiors were extremely friendly and accommodating and the payment was very satisfactory.
Pros
Great management, Good pay
Cons
Long hours, Duties tended to drag on
Did fun along with co-workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2014
I would day I really enjoyed working there, company is so caring towards their workers. I mean the company is famous about getting serious on the floor about employees health and safety measures. I felt this personally so I really enjoyed being a part of Amazon once in a life. The hardest part is that their shifts are for long period of time but at the same time its kind of fun because all the co-workers are so nice to you that you didn't even realize of that hardest part sometimes.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks for some associated days, gift cards for those who showed up on weekends
Cons
Long hours, less breaks
productive and great place to work
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  mississauga,on29 April 2014
Amazon is a great place to work in.The job comes with lot of responsibilities.Each person has a certain duties to fulfill his duties and achieve goal at the end of day.
As a floor supervisor my responsibilities included working close to associates and providing feedback on daily basis,to help associates by coaching them to achieve there target.Have to work close with managers to keep tab of all the shift.Most hardest part of job is when you get some stubborn associates who take things for granted but i was able to bring them up to the mark with one on one coaching.It is a good place to work in.
Productive work place with a table tennis
Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC3 March 2014
It was only seasonal employment but I had a fun experience. There are 3 different shifts to choose from donut, front and back half. It is a warehouse job so you are expected to lift, bend, twist and have proper body mechanics. Before starting work everyone needs to stretch, afterwards there is a board where your picture/name is to check where you are assigned. The hardest part of the job was the long hours of standing and walking. The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch and break time because its the only time you get to relax and sit down. But the job does give you a good work out so think of it as way to exercise.
relatively fast paced work environment, great work atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cork, C29 December 2013
Communicate with customers, fulfillment centres and couriers to correct any faults in the ordering and delivery system.
Learned how to speak with and calm irate customers and how to co-ordinate multiple assets. also learned about the logistics behind such huge companies.
Management were on the most part very consistent and helpful. Co workers were friendly and helpful. the most difficult part of the job was having to explain to customers that their orders would be delayed. the most enjoyable part was getting great customer feed back
Pros
challenging work
Cons
long hours, some tedium between customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ON3 October 2012
Amazon is a one of the best company I work so far. Everyone is treated equally. I have learned and improved my time management skills most important. My co-workers are very supportive and helping including Hr department and managers. The most challenging part of the job was early morning start at 4 during picks but it also went well. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the manager or supervisor always appreciate our work.
Pros
free bbqs
Amazon.ca - Fullfillment
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2014
Amazon fulfillment is a typical production/warehousing atmosphere but with an insane amount of SKU variation which makes the way they conduct their operations very "peculiar". The Area Manager role effectively manages anywhere between 25 to over 120 warehouse associates, making it a very challenging and rewarding experience.

The Canadian fulfillment side still needs to adjust their culture to the american Amazon.com culture which has a very good set of principles and practices. The lack of underlying operating principles make it very hard to cope with very frequent changes within the fulfillment site. Support from upper management is seldom available as they face their own difficulties trying to adjust to the same changes.
Summary
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 December 2013
1- its a very fast paced job and requires lot of determination, the supervisor and leadership category is very cooperative and understanding.
2- Management is Not able to develop interest in the job.
3- lot of management errors shoul can be rectified
3-General feeling is that Management consider the workers as
Pros
Co-workers and the coaches
Cons
1- operational software needs to be upgraded, 2 No job security
best enviorment to work
associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON21 July 2014
amazon fulfillment is among the best place. work week is 4 days only so work and life is balanced as you get more personal time.
Management is so fun to work with they listen to problems from associate and actually do solve them and the best part they are always smiling and willing to help.
working at such productive and happy place long hours even go quicker.
Pros
fun place 4 days work week
Fun place to work at
Admin Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2015
Amazon is an amzing place to work at,very caring about the employee and HR is so efficient as they always stand by your side
Pros
pays
Package Handler and picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2014
We use to start at 4 o clock in the morning and began our shift with stretching our body parts so we are not tired good through the day and can work effectively. It was a good experience because i always wanted to know how these online internet site works and how they ship items to the customers all over the continent/world. It was a great experience and had fun working there.
Overall Good place.
Outbound Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2015
Good place to learn a lot of things. I think if you are a dedicated workers with a geninue desire to meet the expectations ; all places are good to work.
Pros
Excellent Break room
Cons
No cons really.
Great place to work if....
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC9 March 2016
This company wants nothing but the best staff. They are a numbers based company. They want you to hit your rate every single week. It took me a couple months to get my groove as a white badge (SMX) before I got better and I eventually after six months of getting my conversion letter and then becoming a blue badge. The managers are committed, passionate people who want you to succeed along with the HR team. My advice to those who are considering applying at SMX or Amazon directly is this. If you have stellar work ethic, you're good with a people and you care about customer service you'll be fine here. BUT. on that note:

Yes, you will have to work 10 hour shifts.
Yes, they are a numbers driven company.
Yes, you will have to walk A LOT.
Yes, it's a competitive environment.
Yes, your RATES do matter.
Yes, your QUALITY matters.
Yes, your managers DO pay attention to your performance.
Yes, there are opportunities to grow.
Yes, there is Mandatory Overtime.

If you work hard, you'll have no problem here. If not, you may not get the result you want. Nothing comes free here. Leadership won't give you a blue badge because you give minimum effort and a mediocre attitude.
Pros
Great HR team, Great Managers, Opportunities to Grow, Good Co-Workers
Cons
Mandatory Overtime sometimes comes unexpectedly. (Flexibility is a must here)
Place of growth and high energy!
Reciever /Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2015
- A typical day at work usually started with my associates and I working at our stations, receiving products. As the shift progresses and the number of items that need to be received decreases, I rotate between receiving items and doing other jobs that need to be done throughout the warehouse.
- I learned how to effectively work with others in order to get tasks done. I also learned how to problem solve.
- Management was very upbeat and always provided feedback.
- My co-workers were friendly and always made the workplace a positive environment.
- The most enjoyable part of working with amazon would be the satisfaction of working hard with my co-workers to go above and beyond the rates that are expected of us.
Pros
Excellent room/activities for breaks, Management gives good feedback, Management brings in food for holidays and celebrates with workers
Cons
Working long shifts in steel toe boots is hard on my legs
A typical Fulfilment Center
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga21 September 2015
Not a place to build a career. Depending on the nature of your job, it could be very monotonous in nature and with little work-life balance.
Pros
Good for resume
Cons
Not a long term career option
FUN PLACE AND BEST TEAM WORKERS EVER
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  new wesminster bc10 September 2015
Best in all services with great scope of advancment and helpfull team mates , flexible scedule and weekely pay cheque is great bonus for every worker who works for amazon
Fun and hard working in this organization
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  mississauga on21 September 2012
Ive learned a lot of experience working with this company. they rotate employee to different job function. the hardest part of the job is during peak time they imposed mandatory 10 hour shift to everyone.
Pros
after a long hard day the company treats free lunches
Cons
mandatory long shift
Amazing Learning experience
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 March 2015
Overall It was really good to work at Amazon Fulfillment. It had really friendly environment, free lunches sometimes, nice rewards if you work hard. Hardest part of this job was that it has really long hours.
Pros
Free lunches, Friendly environment
Cons
Long hours, repetitive work