Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Account Supervisor
Account Supervisor-Staff Management (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,ONAugust 28, 2014
Working for Staff Management was a wonderful experience, learning a lot about Amazon's expectations, safety awareness and one on one communication with the associates on a daily basis.
My responsibilities consist of daily attendance, hourly productivity reports and feedback. Supervising over all safety,quality and productivity during the day. Attending production meetings weekly, investigating accidents and near misses to eliminate unsafe conditions and behaviors, coaching 5S throughout the facility . Entering all information into the Data base at end of shift. The best part of the job would be the relationship you develop with your co-workers and associates, I enjoy greeting them every morning and starting the day with a can do attitude, being a motivational speaking at start up meeting and having a safe and fun environment to work in.
Pros
safe and happy work environment
a nurturing environment
Creative Arts Program Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2014
during my time at Amazon Downtown I was able to grow as an educator. The fit was so perfect that when the previous owners went to retire I ended up purchases the business from them. Truly perfect!
It was good Canadian experiance
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 1, 2014
• Followed set procedures for stowing books and stuffs in their proper shelves
• Picked orders per order lists
best enviorment to work
associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJuly 21, 2014
amazon fulfillment is among the best place. work week is 4 days only so work and life is balanced as you get more personal time.
Management is so fun to work with they listen to problems from associate and actually do solve them and the best part they are always smiling and willing to help.
working at such productive and happy place long hours even go quicker.
Pros
fun place 4 days work week
Productive and fun workplace
Shipper and receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 15, 2014
in the beginning of the day we discus our goal and target of the day
we achieve highest product receive and ship record in amazon canada
It was so clean in every aspect. Excellent facilities.
Forklift Operator Driver and ship dock assistant (Former Employee) –  mississauga ontarioJuly 6, 2014
i worked at amazon as a forklift operator and ship dock assitant i can drive all machhines...
Outside all day
Stock Put Away Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2014
Driving and delivering office furniture was the day...Loved the Co workers..Hardest partof the day was lifting heavy stuff up stairs.
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
lifting heavy stuff
Did fun along with co-workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2014
I would day I really enjoyed working there, company is so caring towards their workers. I mean the company is famous about getting serious on the floor about employees health and safety measures. I felt this personally so I really enjoyed being a part of Amazon once in a life. The hardest part is that their shifts are for long period of time but at the same time its kind of fun because all the co-workers are so nice to you that you didn't even realize of that hardest part sometimes.
Pros
free lunches and snacks for some associated days, gift cards for those who showed up on weekends
Cons
long hours, less breaks
productive and great place to work
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  mississauga,onApril 29, 2014
Amazon is a great place to work in.The job comes with lot of responsibilities.Each person has a certain duties to fulfill his duties and achieve goal at the end of day.
As a floor supervisor my responsibilities included working close to associates and providing feedback on daily basis,to help associates by coaching them to achieve there target.Have to work close with managers to keep tab of all the shift.Most hardest part of job is when you get some stubborn associates who take things for granted but i was able to bring them up to the mark with one on one coaching.It is a good place to work in.
layed back work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 24, 2014
learned everything on the job, very repetitive , didn't see much of an opportunity to grow within the company
Pros
decent atomsphere
Cons
Productive and fun workplace.
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 21, 2014
I enjoy working in this company but they are only hiring when it's on peak season, good as a seasonal job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
seasonal job
Package Handler and picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 7, 2014
We use to start at 4 o clock in the morning and began our shift with stretching our body parts so we are not tired good through the day and can work effectively. It was a good experience because i always wanted to know how these online internet site works and how they ship items to the customers all over the continent/world. It was a great experience and had fun working there.
Productive work place with a table tennis
Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCMarch 3, 2014
It was only seasonal employment but I had a fun experience. There are 3 different shifts to choose from donut, front and back half. It is a warehouse job so you are expected to lift, bend, twist and have proper body mechanics. Before starting work everyone needs to stretch, afterwards there is a board where your picture/name is to check where you are assigned. The hardest part of the job was the long hours of standing and walking. The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch and break time because its the only time you get to relax and sit down. But the job does give you a good work out so think of it as way to exercise.
Wouldn't recommand
Inventroy Control (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Laid back work environment and OK pay but not a secure job and no advancement.What I hated the most was "coaches", supervisors/managers reminded you how you could lose your job any day.
Job was pretty simple (counting products), but very very very boring!!!
As one would think counting items everyday would lead to few errors but managers say that there should be none.Which is when they would say to count better or you will lose your job.
I think if they had better more friendly mangers, who also had realistic expectations of employee performance, it would have been a much better place to work.
Because of managers attitudes several people would quit every week (I lasted 3 months, looks for another job while there, found one then left). So there were always new people coming in.
But what I did enjoy (the only thing) was it felt a little more free, in that we could go to the washroom or drink some water whenever we wanted. We were also allowed to talk with co workers even joke around a bit just as long as we were doing our job and not being so loud.
Overall it isn't a good place to work at, most hated it. But if there is no other choice what can you do but work :(
Pros
spacious cafetaria, lots of microwaves, provide feminim hygiene products and medication
Cons
no cellphone, no locker, very annoying managers
Amazon.ca - Fullfillment
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Amazon fulfillment is a typical production/warehousing atmosphere but with an insane amount of SKU variation which makes the way they conduct their operations very "peculiar". The Area Manager role effectively manages anywhere between 25 to over 120 warehouse associates, making it a very challenging and rewarding experience.

The Canadian fulfillment side still needs to adjust their culture to the american Amazon.com culture which has a very good set of principles and practices. The lack of underlying operating principles make it very hard to cope with very frequent changes within the fulfillment site. Support from upper management is seldom available as they face their own difficulties trying to adjust to the same changes.
decent seasonal job with high expectations
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 21, 2014
amazon was a high expectations warehouse job with many rules and lots of expectations
the staff were generally quite nice
and a very safe environment to work in
Pros
cafateria, equiptment provided, detailed training
Cons
"manditory days off"
relatively fast paced work environment, great work atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cork, CDecember 29, 2013
Communicate with customers, fulfillment centres and couriers to correct any faults in the ordering and delivery system.
Learned how to speak with and calm irate customers and how to co-ordinate multiple assets. also learned about the logistics behind such huge companies.
Management were on the most part very consistent and helpful. Co workers were friendly and helpful. the most difficult part of the job was having to explain to customers that their orders would be delayed. the most enjoyable part was getting great customer feed back
Pros
challenging work
Cons
long hours, some tedium between customers
Summary
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 24, 2013
1- its a very fast paced job and requires lot of determination, the supervisor and leadership category is very cooperative and understanding.
2- Management is Not able to develop interest in the job.
3- lot of management errors shoul can be rectified
3-General feeling is that Management consider the workers as
Pros
co-workers and the coaches
Cons
1- operational software needs to be upgraded, 2 no job security
NO work/life balance for managers
Manager (Current Employee) –  MississaugaDecember 13, 2013
At the Mississauga site - ridiculous hours and tyrany style of sr mgmt
Productive and hectic
Ship Clerk (Former Employee) –  mississauga, onNovember 5, 2013
The Company is ok. It's just that they do not pay well enough for the amount of work and effort put in. It is very stressful to work in this company