Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Staff Management SMX (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON15 April 2016
Is a nice place to start a career, you learned very easily, the environment is nice, working with different ethnic people is nice. The hard part of the job is to work long hour more than 12 hrs. And the most enjoyable part of the job was free breakfast, Good recognition program.
Pros
Good recognition program
Cons
long hour
Nice warehouse
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC5 April 2016
the staff at Amazon were friendly made some good contacts working there was easy to learn the job quiclky only problem was wearing those steel toed boots
Fast pace but interesting job
Coach/Assistant Supervisor - Fulfillment Centre (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 March 2016
I was their Coach/Assistant Supervisor. I used to do coaching, mentoring,producing performance metrics for the associate. I did problem solving, audits.
Fast paced High volume High energy
RET/Pack/Gift Wrap Ambassador and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJ29 March 2016
My day would begin by first checking the board to see what my duties will be for that day, I would then report to my designated area and either gather neccessary supplies and or reports and training tools and begin. As a Trainer I would demonstrate and educate associates in their respective processes, as a RET Trainer I would evaluate and demonstrate and guide the process for associates in order for them to achieve their desired goal as a productive associate. I thoroughly enjoyed being a process guide and a retrainer because it allowed me to work with associates who were having difficulties. The best part of my job was when I was able to help someone else meet their goals.
Pros
compensation and room for growth
Cons
travel distance
fun work place.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 March 2016
It was always a good shift. I respected the work place very much. I had a very normal day shift, and very typical work. it was a lonely job to work cause I started talking to the books. that was the hardest part.
Work was always positive fun and a great time.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON16 March 2016
A normal day at work would start at 7 am and start and end positive and happy all the time. Working there was a very fast paced and exceptional place to work and be trained to gain experience in factory work. The people are very nice and understanding and the work there is easy to pick up on when you have great concious down to earth trainers and assistants. the communication skills there are absolutely exceptional. (when being taught something or having something explained correct)
Pros
Benefits, salary, Positive and safe work environment
Cons
Lack of work sometimes.
Great place to work if....
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC9 March 2016
This company wants nothing but the best staff. They are a numbers based company. They want you to hit your rate every single week. It took me a couple months to get my groove as a white badge (SMX) before I got better and I eventually after six months of getting my conversion letter and then becoming a blue badge. The managers are committed, passionate people who want you to succeed along with the HR team. My advice to those who are considering applying at SMX or Amazon directly is this. If you have stellar work ethic, you're good with a people and you care about customer service you'll be fine here. BUT. on that note:

Yes, you will have to work 10 hour shifts.
Yes, they are a numbers driven company.
Yes, you will have to walk A LOT.
Yes, it's a competitive environment.
Yes, your RATES do matter.
Yes, your QUALITY matters.
Yes, your managers DO pay attention to your performance.
Yes, there are opportunities to grow.
Yes, there is Mandatory Overtime.

If you work hard, you'll have no problem here. If not, you may not get the result you want. Nothing comes free here. Leadership won't give you a blue badge because you give minimum effort and a mediocre attitude.
Pros
Great HR team, Great Managers, Opportunities to Grow, Good Co-Workers
Cons
Mandatory Overtime sometimes comes unexpectedly. (Flexibility is a must here)
Fun workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 March 2016
Great experience. Learned alot from amazon. Love to work again over there. Dedicated person willing to work and provide my commitment
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Overtime
Great opportunity to learn customer service
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 February 2016
I particularly enjoyed dealing with new customer each day. Also, helping customers gave me so much peace of mind. Furthermore, it was in my local vicinity so commute was easy.
Was difficult to obtain a work/life balance.
Collate Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Warehouse29 February 2016
A great place for people starting out in the workforce. Good team atmosphere. Safety of the associates was a very high priority.

Want to know more about Amazon.com?

Ask a question
Don't waste your time, not even worth a star at all!
Elf, Robot (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC23 February 2016
I was employed as an elf, sorry, 'associate'!, leading up to the 2015 Christmas period. The constant pressure to meet their ridiculous requirements, long hours, unreasonable pay and constant performance pressures and competition against everyone else to gain full employment and a 'Blue badge' is never ending and very unpleasant. Seriously the worst place I've ever worked at and the worst pays in my life! Forget statutory holidays such as Thanksgiving as they will require you to work as a slave regardless if it falls on your scheduled shift. You won't be paid any differently as a normal day but possibly given a piece of pumpkin pie for your efforts of sacrificing your rare time you should be spending with your family.

Seriously don't waste your time even if it sounds appealing! You're much better off looking elsewhere especially if you want to be treated like a human, paid like a human and have the entitlements that everyone so greatly deserves and have fought for, then treated like a machine or robot.

They seem concerned for safety but that's thrown out the window when you're required to pick, pack, bend, lift and squat at speeds that will never be safe to do so. You'll be constantly moved around from picking, packing, shipping, receiving, re-stocking, and back and forth various roles and parts of the monstrous warehouse that brings no satisfaction, enjoyment or consistency. You'll also be required to walk, well speed walk, 15-20km's a day in steel toed/ safety boots which will make your feet and legs ache like never before.

Watch out for employment opportunities through
  more... SMX or affiliate labour hire companies as they deliberately don't advertise under the Amazon umbrella. You won't know this until you visit one of their temporary sites, usually set up leading up to peak seasons, and walk through the door when seeking employment. If you realize this walk straight back out and don't look back.  less
Pros
Absolutely nothing at all
Cons
So many it's ridiculous
Strenuous but rewarding work each day.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2016
Amazon teaches you to focus and stay on task because it involves a lot of repetitive work that can cause you to lose focus easily. It is a fast paced environment which helps to learn how to work under pressure. Managers were constantly supporting and motivating all the workers during each shift. All workers that I encountered were pleasant and tried to help the new people become used to the environment. Maintaining the appropriate rates was a challenge due to many variables on any given day. Interaction with great co-workers was the most enjoyable part of Amazon.
Pros
Fast paced, constant support from team
Cons
Long shifts, no opportunity for growth
friendly people and made peak fun
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON16 February 2016
My co workers at amazon wear great and friendly just like most of the management. The work was never to much or overwhelming because the workplace itself was very organized and everything seemed to run smoothly.
Fast Pace Production Line Work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 February 2016
It has been fast pace production line work. You cant stay away for moment.
Both packaging and receiving at a time has been hard, but by seeing others and experiencing yourself, it becomes easy and you enjoy the work.
Worst place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2016
Besides the long hours, the culture is very poor. The only thing that matter is the numbers not the people. I won't recommend no anyone who has a little of respect for a human being to work in this place. The management most likely are people just graduated from University or MBA Programs, they are smart but unfortunately most of them doesnt have people skills, no experience at all developing people. They have a lot of technology, but unfortunately most of the reports are unaccurate. It was a very sad experience for me to discover what it is behind this great company.
Pros
Free lunches
Favoritism at workplace,
Fulfillment associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC6 February 2016
Favorite pets are valued most. Nothing is paid for high productivity. Frustration is the only feeling you carry home after working at this warehouse
Pros
Nice marketing strategies
Cons
many
productive, fun work place amazing people
order picker (Former Employee) –  newestminster bc18 January 2016
i loved working with amazon . the people were amazing and the work flow was great. the only down side was the long hours. The management was very good and they helped with a lot of questions that i had and they helped with anything that i needed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Free coffee and clean lunch room. Friendly employees.
Picker-Packer (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC8 January 2016
There is always good hot coffee in a clean lunch room. Friendly employees come from different counties.
My job is a standard warehouse environment with fast pace requirement, standardized as well. I loved this standard job, as it is clear instruction, standard scanner job.
Pros
On bus routine.
Cons
Seasonal job.
A demanding and rewarding job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orléans, A33 January 2016
The Schedule were split in weeks and we had to change every weeks and work on the morning or this afternoon. from the 5.45 am to 12.30 pm and from 12.45 pm to 7.30 pm, We were doing Picking and Packing, which is a very physical and demanding activity but everything is made to help you to improve you experience and get faster.
Productive supervisors and managers are very suportive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC30 December 2015
I learned how to used RF gun scanner and towing
I learned how I managed my time when I was assigned in gift wrapping and towing.

I enjoyed working with my co- workers so much fun
Hardest time when I don't know where I place my stuff
because all shelves was occupied. I was sad because my speed was suddenly down.

Free Dinner when we have an over time and bonus and raffle draw
for the most speed worker.
Pros
Free Pizza for dinner and warm up before and after work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.