Amazon.com Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive work place with a table tennis
Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCMarch 3, 2014
It was only seasonal employment but I had a fun experience. There are 3 different shifts to choose from donut, front and back half. It is a warehouse job so you are expected to lift, bend, twist and have proper body mechanics. Before starting work everyone needs to stretch, afterwards there is a board where your picture/name is to check where you are assigned. The hardest part of the job was the long hours of standing and walking. The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch and break time because its the only time you get to relax and sit down. But the job does give you a good work out so think of it as way to exercise.
Wouldn't recommand
Inventroy Control (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Laid back work environment and OK pay but not a secure job and no advancement.What I hated the most was "coaches", supervisors/managers reminded you how you could lose your job any day.
Job was pretty simple (counting products), but very very very boring!!!
As one would think counting items everyday would lead to few errors but managers say that there should be none.Which is when they would say to count better or you will lose your job.
I think if they had better more friendly mangers, who also had realistic expectations of employee performance, it would have been a much better place to work.
Because of managers attitudes several people would quit every week (I lasted 3 months, looks for another job while there, found one then left). So there were always new people coming in.
But what I did enjoy (the only thing) was it felt a little more free, in that we could go to the washroom or drink some water whenever we wanted. We were also allowed to talk with co workers even joke around a bit just as long as we were doing our job and not being so loud.
Overall it isn't a good place to work at, most hated it. But if there is no other choice what can you do but work :(
Pros
spacious cafetaria, lots of microwaves, provide feminim hygiene products and medication
Cons
no cellphone, no locker, very annoying managers
Amazon.ca - Fullfillment
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Amazon fulfillment is a typical production/warehousing atmosphere but with an insane amount of SKU variation which makes the way they conduct their operations very "peculiar". The Area Manager role effectively manages anywhere between 25 to over 120 warehouse associates, making it a very challenging and rewarding experience.

The Canadian fulfillment side still needs to adjust their culture to the american Amazon.com culture which has a very good set of principles and practices. The lack of underlying operating principles make it very hard to cope with very frequent changes within the fulfillment site. Support from upper management is seldom available as they face their own difficulties trying to adjust to the same changes.
decent seasonal job with high expectations
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 21, 2014
amazon was a high expectations warehouse job with many rules and lots of expectations
the staff were generally quite nice
and a very safe environment to work in
Pros
cafateria, equiptment provided, detailed training
Cons
"manditory days off"
relatively fast paced work environment, great work atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cork, CDecember 29, 2013
Communicate with customers, fulfillment centres and couriers to correct any faults in the ordering and delivery system.
Learned how to speak with and calm irate customers and how to co-ordinate multiple assets. also learned about the logistics behind such huge companies.
Management were on the most part very consistent and helpful. Co workers were friendly and helpful. the most difficult part of the job was having to explain to customers that their orders would be delayed. the most enjoyable part was getting great customer feed back
Pros
challenging work
Cons
long hours, some tedium between customers
Summary
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 24, 2013
1- its a very fast paced job and requires lot of determination, the supervisor and leadership category is very cooperative and understanding.
2- Management is Not able to develop interest in the job.
3- lot of management errors shoul can be rectified
3-General feeling is that Management consider the workers as
Pros
co-workers and the coaches
Cons
1- operational software needs to be upgraded, 2 no job security
NO work/life balance for managers
Manager (Current Employee) –  MississaugaDecember 13, 2013
At the Mississauga site - ridiculous hours and tyrany style of sr mgmt
Productive and hectic
Ship Clerk (Former Employee) –  mississauga, onNovember 5, 2013
The Company is ok. It's just that they do not pay well enough for the amount of work and effort put in. It is very stressful to work in this company
Fun workkplace
Coach new employees (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 3, 2013
All the co-workers are workable,your surrounding is always pleasant.
productive workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2013
co-workers are friendly
the hardest part of the job was to walk for 8 to 9 hrs a day with productivity and that time they dont hire full timers
I enjoyed when i worked with friendly staff. They have very tight security. I liked the punchuality. They give importants to everyone.
general labour (Former Employee) –  mississauga onJune 23, 2013
Good company I liked that job but i had a had baby and my working hours was 2pm till 2am. So i need another seasonal work.
Cons
temparrey
Very nice workplac
Shipper/Receiver & Order (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2013
Very good place to work. Flexible schedule. Hard working employee.
fun with all working area
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 18, 2013
I love working with new people, .All co-workers are so good, nice, helping each other. We do picking like 10 hours walking.
fun with all working area
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 18, 2013
I love working with new people, learn to take debits, credit cards, cooking etc.All co-workers are so good, nice, helping each other.
Fast-paced growing company
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 6, 2013
Analyze issues and generate reports
Learned SQL
Good management
Co-worker are sensitive due to pressure
Physical challenge
Lots of OT if you need money
Pros
secured job
Cons
pressure
fun work place
Gift wrapper and packer and picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2013
we came to know about diff. items and books etc.
co.workeers are friendly.fun at work place,the hardest part is to be fast in picking.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Horrible management and a bunch of lies
Dock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCNovember 16, 2012
Management is horrible. They consider you as a number. They say safety is their first priority but anything outside work is not to their concern, I was sick and in the hospital for 2 days and I called and informed them. They still put me down as a no call/no show. Do not work for them at all.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ONOctober 3, 2012
Amazon is a one of the best company I work so far. Everyone is treated equally. I have learned and improved my time management skills most important. My co-workers are very supportive and helping including Hr department and managers. The most challenging part of the job was early morning start at 4 during picks but it also went well. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the manager or supervisor always appreciate our work.
Pros
free bbqs
Fun and hard working in this organization
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  mississauga onSeptember 21, 2012
Ive learned a lot of experience working with this company. they rotate employee to different job function. the hardest part of the job is during peak time they imposed mandatory 10 hour shift to everyone.
Pros
after a long hard day the company treats free lunches
Cons
mandatory long shift
Fun workplace, used dogs to assist
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2012
1.patrolling warehouse
2. fun, excited co-workers, made it easy to work effectively
3. learned procedures and followed strict orders
4. overnight position made it difficult for me to manage my lifestyle
Pros
got to work with dogs. i love animals
Cons
night shift