Amazon.com Employee Reviews

lots of pressure
Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC1 February 2017
Good place to work especially for new comers, and people who want to work for short times. its hard for people with family due to the working schedulle
Pros
free fun zones for games and paly
gud worplace nice environment
ship dock and packing (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 January 2017
nice environment for the job its real a good experience working in amazon. Everyone is friendly there. leaders were loyal and honest
there was a proper care for the employees.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
proper required time
nice first experience
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2017
it was the only job I had in my real field. that's why i enjoyed it a lot and wanted to continue it but because of health problems at that time i had to left the job.
Motivational although demanding
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC24 January 2017
The work day was 10 hours long although the work week only has 4 days, very packed work in the day and keeps getting more demanding. Amazon as a company always tries to keep you motivated with rewards but the management sometimes fails to do the same.

The hardest part of the job is standing around for 10 hours a day in steel toes sometimes being in the same place, the most enjoyable isbeing done for the day
Pros
2 lunch breaks
High demand
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 January 2017
Amazon is a very demanding job. Its hard to keep up and had a lot of inside politics. It's a good place to make money because you get paid weekly.
Nice place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 January 2017
I always enjoy working at there.it has very good and employees friendly environment. I worked in 8050 heritage road & 6995 winston churchil road brampton warehouses. Both the places are good. Managers are supportive.
Pros
Free lunches(occasionally) & gifts
Cons
Discipline
Excellent
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 January 2017
very safe and clean work environment. Very friendly staff. Clear division of work among various departments.
And among all the pay rate for the job was excellant.
A great place to start your career.
Sr. Human Resources Assistant/Generalist (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC7 January 2017
A great stepping stone to kick start your career. Great HR team, work hard and make history.

New challenges everyday. No day is the same.
Lunch room and worplace are very good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 January 2017
I did 5 months in amazon. Firstly, I started as a employee after 2 month my head saw me working and they like my work so they selected as a supervisor and i was very happy at that movement.
Pros
Always do exercise before starting work
Cons
Productive and fun workplace games and table tennis
Order picker/Stower (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 January 2017
Great place to work good benefits. Long work days 10 hours a day. Great 4 day work weeks. Bins are high and low to reach. A lot of rules for a strict timekeeping of work environment.
Did not pay me for orientation and it has been more than four months
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON23 December 2016
I have been calling them multiple times and was told they will send me a cheque but it never came. I had to quit my job because of a schedule conflict with school. They have offered an option to pick thurs-mon schedule but when I was about to start working they did not have that shift and was told they did not have a choice but to let me go!
Good environment to enhance your communication skills
Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 December 2016
Amazon is the best warehouse that i have worked with because it is fun while working, team work is excellent and good working condition.
Pros
Cheap Lunch
Cons
Long shift
Its a fune and lively place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 December 2016
its a fun place to work and my co-worker are lively, but the workload is too much at the warehouse I will recommend this job for a male because you will be lifting throughout the shift
multiculture company
fulfilment (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC12 December 2016
one of the huge ware house in BC with powerful managing ,and friendly crew . wonderful FC with good security and connection .Also verity in work shift can help to crew get rest .
Pros
nice lunch room
Worst experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada,ontario25 November 2016
I worked in amazon for almost couple of months as warehouse associate. I was thinking it is a big organization and was expecting the same respect for employees. Sorry to say that Amazon in ontario, the managers are very rude and disrespect to employees.I don't know whether the higher official know about it or not. But for me it is the worst organization for employees respect. If an organization don't care employees, how can it take care of its customers.
i really like the challenging environment and job duties
Customer service representative /problem-solver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 November 2016
Management is very cooperative. I learnt lot. I develop my overall personality. Staff members are very friendly. Very positive environment.
Great workspace and work culture
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 November 2016
Before every shift began, they had a team huddle, where stretches took place and had work appreciation of different types. When work began, if you are working according to pace and show quality of work, no supervisor or any manager would come to disturb because all your work is system monitored and the supervisors have the access to all your work related data. There are awards to be won every week like, a Kindle Fire tablet, or a Fitbit, or a giftcard, for anybody who shows exceptional work ethics. Lunch room has many games like, ping-pong, XBOX, Play Station, air hockey, and such. Work environment is really nice considering the type of work it is. There are many rights, facilities, and proper gear, provided to you by Amazon, so you can do your work with ease and comfort and most importantly with respect. The hardest part of the job was wearing safety shoes the whole time and walking considerable distances due to the massive scale of the warehouse. The most enjoyable part of the work is the ability to work with the people you like and everything else.
Pros
work experience, occasional free lunches, respect, integrity, safety, hassle-free
Cons
safety shoes along with long walking distances, seasonal shopping craziness
Fast pace and will hire you even if you have no warehouse experience
FC Associate / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC13 November 2016
Challenging work with good benefits. Will hire anyone willing to work hard and will train people on all the warehouse tasks that they will be assigned to.
Productive target driven environment.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 November 2016
Productive target driven environment.

Amazon Fulfillment is a great organization in which to learn warehouse operations.

Had the opportunity to work in Inbound, Outbound, Product Returns and Intercompany Transfers.

Also had the opportunity to train new Warehouse Associates.
Pros
Great organization to learn warehouse operations
Cons
Very large organization
It's a puppy mill, except for humans.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 November 2016
Don't feel like writing too much, but they treat you like you're nothing because they know there's another 100 of you waiting for the job. One side of the management has no clue what the other side is doing, no co-ordination.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.