Amazon.com Employee Reviews

good workplace
packer, simplbin counter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 May 2017
one day during boxing day i am asked for overtime then it's good opportunity for me work over there and earn money. I go to work and did my well . Music was playing in background and i am enjoying doing work and listening music.
Pros
good environment
Cons
no cons
If you don't have a drive/need to excel, you won't succeed here.
Warehouse worker/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON30 April 2017
The worst thing about working here is the lack of job security if you're a picker/packer. Within a month, you have a limit of misplacing 3 items, then you get a warning and eventually fired. In a typical hour I was picking 60-80 items, in a day it was 540 items (10 hour days), and more than 10,000 in a month. The 3 item limit is stupid...

In an average day you will be on your feet standing the entire time, which you'll get used to in 2 weeks. They are always hiring more people because most end up quitting within the month. I loved working in this place because I'm not much of a people's person and I love walking. If you do the job without complaining, they'll love you and eventually offer you a permanent job.
Pros
Amazing cafeteria, amazing co-workers
Cons
Long-hours, 3 item limit to misplacing an item.
Wok and fun at the same place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto Gore, ON29 April 2017
I worked only for a few months but it became like my second home with the same amount of care and professionalism. I never wanted to leave amazon but for my studies, it made me resign. Hope I'll get back there soon.
Pros
free transport
Cons
low salary
Micro-management. Terrible work life balance. Frustrating promotion path.
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 April 2017
The culture varies organization by organization. Generally it is expected to "work hard", maybe at least 50 hours a week (just work hard, even if what you do does not sound right to you). In my experience, I did not have any option to apply my ideas. Things were dictated to me by my manager in a very detailed manner. New ideas were ignored (not even criticized). Same with my career promotion process, in which I did not have any input.
Pros
Working with smart people
Cons
Long hours. Frustrating promotion path.
Best place to work at!
PROBLEM SOLVER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2017
Typical day at amazon included receiving, stowing products
The new heritage dc has minimum walking and light weighed products.
You may be surprised by small lunch parties that your manager might treat you with if you perform well
Productive and fun at work place
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON24 April 2017
Fun at work place. Management team are friendly. Good benefits. Work environment is really great. Long shift. Salary is a bit less when compared to the competitors.
Fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 April 2017
Relaxing Work when delivering. No pressure and can move at own pace. Pay is well for students and full timers. Only con is having to wake up early to go to work.
Pros
pay
Cons
early hours
Not a positive work place
Stower (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 April 2017
Amazon does not value it's workers and treats everyone as if they are expendable. They hold unrealistic standards for their employees and threaten them with their jobs if they do not work to these standards.
the place was fast paced and clean
Second hand to all employees (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2017
working with Amazon was a great experience . all the staff supervisor and managers was very good . The work over there was seasonal but they hire people who give them really good numbers.
One of the best company to work with
TRANSPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  ON15 April 2017
I loved working in Amazon. I felt it was like my second home. Lot of opportunities. I have learned many things at work like people management, leadership skills , open to opinions , etc.

When it comes to management, everything is balanced and ocean of opportunities to work inside Amazon. Every person is given importance.

The hardest part of the job would be, getting a load of unexpected work to do. But at end it is worth the services and salary they pay. You must learn to balance work and personal time.

The most enjoyable part of work is you are open to free culture. where you have no dress code, you are allowed to give your opinion irrespective of you level in the firm. You get to have fun. As the quote states "work hard , have fun and make history" :)
Pros
fun as well as work. Balanced culture
Cons
Little pressure with deadlines
productive and funworkplace.
In stock management (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 April 2017
it was a very good experience working with amazon. The atmosphere was very good. I used to work in inbound. My job at work was to stow different items in the right sequence.
Pros
good atmosphere.
Cons
some tasks were boring.
horrible job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 April 2017
don't ever work for amazon ... the managers have favorites .. the work makes you wanna kill your self.. they expect to much of you... you wake up everyday hating your job and hating your life because of this horrible place... you work 10 hours.... no one cares about you... the coworkers act like it is highschool... just don't do it
Pros
Going home
Cons
working for amazing
very very dissapointing
FULLFILLMENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 April 2017
i took the job under the pretence that everyday would have new and exciting opportunities and i wouldn't get caught in a rut. for the first 3 of four months i only was allowed to scan boxes and not converse with any other employees. of the 4 people i got hired with all of us quit. me being the longest hold out
Pros
great benefits and free food and drinks if your don't pay for them
Cons
it's basically slavery
Very fast-paced environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 April 2017
It is a very fast-paced working environment where quantity is valued more than quality.Very long hours in a day. Pay rate is very good with benefits available. Very easy to get a day off but also very easily fire employees.
Excellent place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2017
Excellent place to work. Good people to work with. Overall work environment is excellent. Flexible work schedule. I would recommend this place for work.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
not a good place to work
Order Picker/Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2017
It's really hard because you work 10 hour shifts everyday and there they can force you to do and extra 10 hour shift so you can work up to 60 hour weeks which is good if your looking for 60 hours.
Pros
Cons
long hours short breaks and security is rude.
workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 March 2017
i like the work environment, safety is the first priority their and management is very motivated and opportunities for promotion are very good. its being a proud as a part of this organisation.
benefits
Cons
stress
terrible company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC28 March 2017
Amazon is a terrible company, Pa's have no idea what they are doing. The hardest part about working at amazon is trying to not off yourself, I dont even want to be filling this out im being forced to.
Pros
Cons
Every con you could possibly think of
Work Hard Have Fun
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC21 March 2017
As a new comer i was blessed to have a job with Amazon as a warehouse associate the working days are from Monday to Thursday 7.30 pm till 6.00 am. its 10 hour shift of 4 days. From Amazon i got cross trained in different departments including Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor and Powered Industrial Truck (PIT)
I am trained in Cross transfers including pallet building and transfer to different locations
Pros
Brand name of Amazon, Lots of Learning
Cons
Basic pay as a beginer
interesting place to work at, with great people
Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 March 2017
this workplace has had a great vibe with helpful people. On a typical day is an everyday routine, come to work, do you job as told and make sure you get it done on time before the timer runs out. The workplace culture is simple but interesting people, all kinds of people. The hardest part of this job was having a timer that gives you very limited time to pick the product and give it to the packers for shipping.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.