Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Good place for a temporary work position
Administrative Assistant-Imaging and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 September 2015
If you are transitioning from school to a career job, and are currently unemployed, this is a good temporary job. However, the pay is not the best, and opportunities for growth are few and far between in the department I work in. Good work environment, with high regard for work place safety.
Place of growth and high energy!
Reciever /Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2015
- A typical day at work usually started with my associates and I working at our stations, receiving products. As the shift progresses and the number of items that need to be received decreases, I rotate between receiving items and doing other jobs that need to be done throughout the warehouse.
- I learned how to effectively work with others in order to get tasks done. I also learned how to problem solve.
- Management was very upbeat and always provided feedback.
- My co-workers were friendly and always made the workplace a positive environment.
- The most enjoyable part of working with amazon would be the satisfaction of working hard with my co-workers to go above and beyond the rates that are expected of us.
Pros
Excellent room/activities for breaks, Management gives good feedback, Management brings in food for holidays and celebrates with workers
Cons
Working long shifts in steel toe boots is hard on my legs
Horrible place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC, Canada11 September 2014
Where do I begin?

This place is a joke, I got hired on as a temp for the 4th quarter season (fall-winter) last year because it's the busiest. They hire on like 150 temp workers for this and then fire all of us on the first week of January.

There's only like 20-30 full time Amazon employees, the rest were temps from Amazon's in-house staffing agency SMX. Us temps get paid 12/hr while the perms make over 15/hr plus benefits. The temps get pushed harder and harder while the perms slack off.

We have "coaches", two over weight guys who walk around telling us how we can go through the isles and pick at a faster rate, oh yeah they want you to pick 130 picks a hour, that's one every 33 seconds throughout a vast warehouse, where you scan guns sends you from one side to the next. The coaches don't do anything other than that and get paid more than the temps for it.

You have "safety" guys who don't do jack but walk around pointing out errors in your lifting techniques or that your moving too fast in/out of aisles.

So the "safety" guys tell you to slow down, while management tells you to speed up. Anyone with a brain knows safety/speed don't go hand-in-hand.

The SMX staffing guy is a complete 'you know what'. And treats you like scum. Even though you pick at a faster speed than the permanents. If you make 130 picks a hour then he wants you to pick 140 your next shift and so on.

The permanents walk around leisurely at there own pace, laughing cracking jokes and the bosses don't care. The temps are pushed like machines, and if your caught having a 1 minute convo with
  more... a fellow temp you get "written up".

They dangle this carrot in front of you that you will get hired on as permanent if you work hard, this is a complete lie there is way too many temps and not enough full time permanent positions, the permanent positions are already filled and staffed.

Amazon is a joke and they cut corners buy hiring slave labor temps for there busiest season then save money buy firing them all after. They force you to work overtime, if you don't you get "2 points" you have 6 points till SMX fires you, being sick is 1.5 points.

The only positive is that all of the temps are friendly and cool people. The permanent employees are not and treat temps like dirt.

In the Canadian job market there are more than enough jobs out there that pay 12+ with benefits and management that cares about you and actually treats you well.

TL;DR ..... Avoid working at Amazon (Amazon Delta, Annacis Island) like the plague.
Pros
Other temporary workers are friendly.
Cons
Way too many to list.
Amazon.ca - Fullfillment
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2014
Amazon fulfillment is a typical production/warehousing atmosphere but with an insane amount of SKU variation which makes the way they conduct their operations very "peculiar". The Area Manager role effectively manages anywhere between 25 to over 120 warehouse associates, making it a very challenging and rewarding experience.

The Canadian fulfillment side still needs to adjust their culture to the american Amazon.com culture which has a very good set of principles and practices. The lack of underlying operating principles make it very hard to cope with very frequent changes within the fulfillment site. Support from upper management is seldom available as they face their own difficulties trying to adjust to the same changes.
Did fun along with co-workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2014
I would day I really enjoyed working there, company is so caring towards their workers. I mean the company is famous about getting serious on the floor about employees health and safety measures. I felt this personally so I really enjoyed being a part of Amazon once in a life. The hardest part is that their shifts are for long period of time but at the same time its kind of fun because all the co-workers are so nice to you that you didn't even realize of that hardest part sometimes.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks for some associated days, gift cards for those who showed up on weekends
Cons
Long hours, less breaks
productive
Outbound Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2015
management is nice ,listen to employees. hardest part of the job is the targets per hour. some times it is hard to meet them,
Bad co-workers worse Managment
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Derwent, AB15 March 2015
While working at Amazon it started out good like any job does, but as time went on there was no room for moving up within the warehouse. The actual managers there were from different places
there seemed to be no room for moving up. Hard work and innovative ideas did not get you any closer to having a full time position there. I was told by a supervisor that we are not paid to think we are paid to work I understand that it is a labor job but the fact that we are hired at Amazon to simply work and not give ideas to make the work place a better place infuriated me.
Pros
40 work weeks
Cons
Bad management
fun workplace with videogame csnter and ping pong table
Inound picker (Current Employee) –  missisauga on21 September 2015
long very busy but fun day.. i learned how to use RF scanner. management is very nice. co workers are great people and very helpful. hardest part of the job is standing for 10 hours a day since the warehouse is huge.
Amazing Learning experience
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 March 2015
Overall It was really good to work at Amazon Fulfillment. It had really friendly environment, free lunches sometimes, nice rewards if you work hard. Hardest part of this job was that it has really long hours.
Pros
Free lunches, Friendly environment
Cons
Long hours, repetitive work
Competitive and productive place to improve
Process Assistant (Operations Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 July 2015
Working in Amazon FC is very competitive and gives the opportunity to improve on your abilities to drive your career forward.
best enviorment to work
associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON21 July 2014
amazon fulfillment is among the best place. work week is 4 days only so work and life is balanced as you get more personal time.
Management is so fun to work with they listen to problems from associate and actually do solve them and the best part they are always smiling and willing to help.
working at such productive and happy place long hours even go quicker.
Pros
fun place 4 days work week
Cons
Productive work place with a table tennis
Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC3 March 2014
It was only seasonal employment but I had a fun experience. There are 3 different shifts to choose from donut, front and back half. It is a warehouse job so you are expected to lift, bend, twist and have proper body mechanics. Before starting work everyone needs to stretch, afterwards there is a board where your picture/name is to check where you are assigned. The hardest part of the job was the long hours of standing and walking. The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch and break time because its the only time you get to relax and sit down. But the job does give you a good work out so think of it as way to exercise.
Clearly and consistently demonstrates extraordinary and exceptionalaccomplishments in all major areas of responsibility
RF Scanner & Picker (Former Employee) –  Missisauga19 October 2015
Accomplishments are well beyond reasonable, but demanding standards of performance, especially in the key areas of responsibility.
Summary
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 December 2013
1- its a very fast paced job and requires lot of determination, the supervisor and leadership category is very cooperative and understanding.
2- Management is Not able to develop interest in the job.
3- lot of management errors shoul can be rectified
3-General feeling is that Management consider the workers as
Pros
Co-workers and the coaches
Cons
1- operational software needs to be upgraded, 2 No job security
Good Place and environment
Learning Ambassador/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2015
Good peaceful environment.
Difficult to maintain rate very crowded in peak season (Dec). GM and all managers are very good. HR is Exceptionally cooperative.
FUN PLACE AND BEST TEAM WORKERS EVER
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  new wesminster bc10 September 2015
Best in all services with great scope of advancment and helpfull team mates , flexible scedule and weekely pay cheque is great bonus for every worker who works for amazon
Overall Good place.
Outbound Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2015
Good place to learn a lot of things. I think if you are a dedicated workers with a geninue desire to meet the expectations ; all places are good to work.
Pros
Excellent Break room
Cons
No cons really.
it was a very fun environment to work in
Employment Recruiter (Former Employee) –  mississauga, on9 February 2015
-It was always busy day at work, you have your goals and attaining them till the day concludes was the main aspect. Encouragement to accomplish these goals was addressed by management in a very friendly and positive method.
this was a great learning tool, in order to have productivity, its very important to be positive in all aspects and to be very courteous to your co-workers
Not the best place to work
Studio Administrator (Former Employee) –  May, ON10 September 2015
Employees are expected to work like machines. The work environment is too stressful, also there is barely any opportunity for growth.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Work Like Machine
TDR Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton20 July 2015
Overall nice place to work. Management was nice. Schedule was perfectly organised. great environment. I would go back and work if I had the chance. Shifts are good