Amazon.com Employee Reviews in Canada

Good
Auditor (Current Employee) –  BramptonJuly 24, 2015
Fun work place with supportive people.
Not all about the numbers but about quality
control. Decent pay and always room for development.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lots of walking
Did fun along with co-workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2014
I would day I really enjoyed working there, company is so caring towards their workers. I mean the company is famous about getting serious on the floor about employees health and safety measures. I felt this personally so I really enjoyed being a part of Amazon once in a life. The hardest part is that their shifts are for long period of time but at the same time its kind of fun because all the co-workers are so nice to you that you didn't even realize of that hardest part sometimes.
Pros
free lunches and snacks for some associated days, gift cards for those who showed up on weekends
Cons
long hours, less breaks
Busy Workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioJune 29, 2015
• Assisted the warehouse with multiple tasks
• Administration of Windows domain and accounts
• Assisted the managers by responding to the objectives and goals
Productive work place with a table tennis
Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCMarch 3, 2014
It was only seasonal employment but I had a fun experience. There are 3 different shifts to choose from donut, front and back half. It is a warehouse job so you are expected to lift, bend, twist and have proper body mechanics. Before starting work everyone needs to stretch, afterwards there is a board where your picture/name is to check where you are assigned. The hardest part of the job was the long hours of standing and walking. The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch and break time because its the only time you get to relax and sit down. But the job does give you a good work out so think of it as way to exercise.
fun work place
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2015
good place to work.
can meet people from different places.
only 4 days a week work @10hrs/day
easy work n good people
flexible work hours
good co workers and supervisors
Pros
10 hrs/day, only 4days work/week
Cons
nothing much
Horrible place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC, CanadaSeptember 11, 2014
Where do I begin?

This place is a joke, I got hired on as a temp for the 4th quarter season (fall-winter) last year because it's the busiest. They hire on like 150 temp workers for this and then fire all of us on the first week of January.

There's only like 20-30 full time Amazon employees, the rest were temps from Amazon's in-house staffing agency SMX. Us temps get paid 12/hr while the perms make over 15/hr plus benefits. The temps get pushed harder and harder while the perms slack off.

We have "coaches", two over weight guys who walk around telling us how we can go through the isles and pick at a faster rate, oh yeah they want you to pick 130 picks a hour, that's one every 33 seconds throughout a vast warehouse, where you scan guns sends you from one side to the next. The coaches don't do anything other than that and get paid more than the temps for it.

You have "safety" guys who don't do jack but walk around pointing out errors in your lifting techniques or that your moving too fast in/out of aisles.

So the "safety" guys tell you to slow down, while management tells you to speed up. Anyone with a brain knows safety/speed don't go hand-in-hand.

The SMX staffing guy is a complete 'you know what'. And treats you like scum. Even though you pick at a faster speed than the permanents. If you make 130 picks a hour then he wants you to pick 140 your next shift and so on.

The permanents walk around leisurely at there own pace, laughing cracking jokes and the bosses don't care. The temps are pushed like machines, and if your caught having a 1 minute convo with a fellow temp
  more... you get "written up".

They dangle this carrot in front of you that you will get hired on as permanent if you work hard, this is a complete lie there is way too many temps and not enough full time permanent positions, the permanent positions are already filled and staffed.

Amazon is a joke and they cut corners buy hiring slave labor temps for there busiest season then save money buy firing them all after. They force you to work overtime, if you don't you get "2 points" you have 6 points till SMX fires you, being sick is 1.5 points.

The only positive is that all of the temps are friendly and cool people. The permanent employees are not and treat temps like dirt.

In the Canadian job market there are more than enough jobs out there that pay 12+ with benefits and management that cares about you and actually treats you well.

TL;DR ..... Avoid working at Amazon (Amazon Delta, Annacis Island) like the plague.
Pros
other temporary workers are friendly.
Cons
way too many to list.
Distribution
Amazon (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 3, 2015
Clean place to work, a lot of people to associate with and well managed. Its a well rounded distribution center with excellent logistics.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ONOctober 3, 2012
Amazon is a one of the best company I work so far. Everyone is treated equally. I have learned and improved my time management skills most important. My co-workers are very supportive and helping including Hr department and managers. The most challenging part of the job was early morning start at 4 during picks but it also went well. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the manager or supervisor always appreciate our work.
Pros
free bbqs
Amazing and Encouraging work environment
Customer Service/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 12, 2015
Having to meet up with the company stated monthly target made the job even more challenging but fun. The co-workers were friendly and great team players.
This is my own business and it is absolutely fantastic.
Owner (Current Employee) –  My homeJanuary 17, 2015
-Adjust prices for products in the morning
-Create an order for purchasing products every 1-2 weeks
-Provide excellent customer service and answer any questions they may have.

-I have learned to manage my own business in only 30-60 minutes a day.

-Me and my dad own this business together

-Making sure to stay on top of returns

-Very simple
Pros
work from home, put very little time in.
Cons
business grows slowly
Wouldn't recommand
Inventroy Control (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Laid back work environment and OK pay but not a secure job and no advancement.What I hated the most was "coaches", supervisors/managers reminded you how you could lose your job any day.
Job was pretty simple (counting products), but very very very boring!!!
As one would think counting items everyday would lead to few errors but managers say that there should be none.Which is when they would say to count better or you will lose your job.
I think if they had better more friendly mangers, who also had realistic expectations of employee performance, it would have been a much better place to work.
Because of managers attitudes several people would quit every week (I lasted 3 months, looks for another job while there, found one then left). So there were always new people coming in.
But what I did enjoy (the only thing) was it felt a little more free, in that we could go to the washroom or drink some water whenever we wanted. We were also allowed to talk with co workers even joke around a bit just as long as we were doing our job and not being so loud.
Overall it isn't a good place to work at, most hated it. But if there is no other choice what can you do but work :(
Pros
spacious cafetaria, lots of microwaves, provide feminim hygiene products and medication
Cons
no cellphone, no locker, very annoying managers
i like seniors nice behaviour with threir juniors
picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 19, 2015
I like their warehouse. it was very clean and quiet. luncharea is very clean .overall environment is amazing. seniors are cooperative and very helpful.
okay place to work
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 29, 2014
The management is good. Hours are good. The pay could be better. Safety is very good.
Pros
good environment
Cons
pay is not so great
Horrible management and a bunch of lies
Dock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCNovember 16, 2012
Management is horrible. They consider you as a number. They say safety is their first priority but anything outside work is not to their concern, I was sick and in the hospital for 2 days and I called and informed them. They still put me down as a no call/no show. Do not work for them at all.
productive and great place to work
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  mississauga,onApril 29, 2014
Amazon is a great place to work in.The job comes with lot of responsibilities.Each person has a certain duties to fulfill his duties and achieve goal at the end of day.
As a floor supervisor my responsibilities included working close to associates and providing feedback on daily basis,to help associates by coaching them to achieve there target.Have to work close with managers to keep tab of all the shift.Most hardest part of job is when you get some stubborn associates who take things for granted but i was able to bring them up to the mark with one on one coaching.It is a good place to work in.
fun work place
Gift wrapper and packer and picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2013
we came to know about diff. items and books etc.
co.workeers are friendly.fun at work place,the hardest part is to be fast in picking.
Pros
free lunches
layed back work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 24, 2014
learned everything on the job, very repetitive , didn't see much of an opportunity to grow within the company
Pros
decent atomsphere
Fast-paced growing company
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 6, 2013
Analyze issues and generate reports
Learned SQL
Good management
Co-worker are sensitive due to pressure
Physical challenge
Lots of OT if you need money
Pros
secured job
Cons
pressure
Review on Amazon as a Company
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Brmapton,ONDecember 18, 2014
I quickly learned how to adapt in a results-driven environment. Every single employee is willing to help and extend their expertise. Even as the company expands rapidly, the atmosphere is fun and exciting.
Overall a good experience
Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 18, 2014
I started this institute and since it was my own very first business i had too many responsibilities to be taken care of simultaneously, from administration to syllabus designing and scheduling teachers. I learnt a lot from this.
Pros
teaching students everyday enhanced my knowledge too
Cons
nothing as such