Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive environment
packer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 11, 2014
Pros: only 4 days of work
Cons: the drive
enjoyed working here its a past pace job with a lot of different people
It was hard work and long hours.
Batch Packer (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 11, 2014
I usually had to be up by 5am to be there at 6:30am, traffic was always bad. I learned basics on how to scan and arrange items. The management was alright if you could find them and we weren't allowed to really converse with the co-workers apart from our breaks, although that suited me fine, but overall the co-workers were nice. The hardest part was – more... probably standing for so long and getting up super early however I really didn't mind after awhile. The most enjoyable part was the work, sending off the orders wondering who it was for and imagining scenes of when the package arrives and I am sure that sounds very silly but it was my favorite part and kept me going all day. – less
good job
Order Picker (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJuly 11, 2014
Pros: all the hours wanted to work
Cons: very hot job and no work when rained
Hot job got to like ouside work and be willing to work long hours
Fun environment
Seasonal through Staff management (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJuly 11, 2014
Fun and easy place to work. Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Stay busy none stop
Stower (Former Employee), Chester, VAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: pay
12hours shift of pick up products and storing them in the right section of the warehouse
It Is A Fast Paste Job But A Fun Place To Be
Warehouse Associate/Coach (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJuly 10, 2014
Pros: when we reach our big goals the managers usually by everyone free lunch or throw events.
I've Learned A Lot Dealing With Safety First And Knowing How To Help Others As Coaching Them On The Job. The Managers Were Very Cool And They Keep The Job Exciting. I Really Did Not Find Anything Hard About This Job. The Most Fun Part About Amazon Is Coaching Because Helping Others Improve Their Skills And Keeping Them Motivated Always Makes Me Feel – more... Great When Making A Difference For The Better.I Enjoy Working With My Co-workers Because They Were Energetic And As Motivated As I Am. – less
face pace
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benifits
Great place to work. Face pace and the day fly by management is a bit stale
Productive work
Warehouse (Former Employee), Chester, VAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: clean lunch room
Cons: short breaks
The hardest part of this job is that you may have to walk up to 15-20 miles a day.
The best part is that your always working.
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Haslet, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: hard to move up
-A typical day would be packing items into boxes and checking quality of item. Certain days I would Problem solve orders which had issues that needed to be resolved.
-I learned a lot of quality work ethics
-Management was friendly and connected with the associates well
-The hardest part of the job would definitely be what they call 'peak season' (Nov. – more... through Jan.) It was very hectic at times and we worked long hours.
-The most enjoyable part was when I Problem Solved because I got to use my brain and learn new things daily. – less
productive
Picker (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 9, 2014
long 10 hours of work. offer overtime. great pay!! meet a lot of new people.
Average
Returns Processor (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJuly 9, 2014
Long hours and short break times. Shifts can be changed day to day
Contractor on the Toys Team
Associate Vendor Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 8, 2014
From free nerf guns to going home at 5pm, as a contractor I had the best of both worlds at Amazon. Some full time employees had to work nightmare shifts until midnight when *@& hit the fan, but I was able to work hard 9-5 and ensure that I was a successful member of the team.
Fast paced forward thinking organization
Operations Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Tracy, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: progressive thinking company.
Cons: i do not agree with the constant changing of my schedule, work/life balance is unsatisfactory.
My time with Amazon has been a nice learning experience. Very fast paced constantly changing role. My favorite part of the role is the ability to help the internal customers I serve. The most difficult part is the managements not giving consideration to home life and it's responsibilities.
Productive and fun workplace
E-book Japanese Language Expert (Former Employee), Chennai, TNJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches and fun friday
Cons: long hours
Amazon.com is a very good company and job culture of this company is also good. that's why, i didn't get any typical day at my work. From Amazon.com, I have learned that how to work in MNC Company. My self confidence is also increase.
Fun place to work. Family like environment
Picker/PIT Operator and Water Spider (Current Employee), Hebron kyJuly 8, 2014
I love working at Amazon, everyone there is like family and friends to me. It is so fun to work there learning new things every day
learning experience of something new for myself
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Dunfermline, SCTJuly 8, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunities
Cons: long hours
I would start work at 8am and finish at 6.30.
I would perhaps learn a new area or task if I was required to do so.
I learnt to be patient if I was training a new individual. I also learnt a lot about how the warehouse operated and learnt new computer skills.
I found management very informative and very approachable for any reason.
I built up great relationships – more... with my co-workers and also found if I required help I could approach anyone to ask for information.
Standing for long periods of time and sometimes learning new areas and computers could sometimes be a challenge.
I enjoyed the work and the people and found this employer treated their staff well with different fun activities and treats for break times. – less
Amazon - A Great Employer!
CSA [Customer Service Associate], CS Lead (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJuly 7, 2014
My time working at Amazon.com in their Customer Service team was time well spent. The most enjoyable part of the job was often the most challenging - assisting customers with their issues and resolving problems in new and creative ways. Later as a CS Lead, I was able to assist CSAs with both their professional and personal development.
Innovative and exciting place to work
Sr. Product Management Intern (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 7, 2014
Amazon is working on disrupting the market across many different fronts and its a very exciting place to work right now.
Challenging Workplace
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Shepherdsville, KYJuly 7, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: long hours
Tough work environment that demands the most out of its people. Rewarding and provided a solid foundation for any operations leader.
was rough
Stower (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 6, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: not much awards
go to whereever you were asked to go and put stuff away management was good co-workers is hard to say i statyed to myself worked alone hardest part of job the disorganization teh besty part of job it was interesting

About Amazon.com

Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, – Read more