Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work.
Picker and packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton and MissisuagaJuly 3, 2015
I would rather like go to the moon without protective gear than work in a horrible company. 0% job security, 10-hour straight walking, Pick 138 items an hour and annoying managers (who even doesn't know how to run scanner properly).
Absolutely 0% of chances to grow within the company (if you get hired by SMX you are busted, one of the earth's annoying coaches and supervisors supervise you. When I ask some technical question about the job, they just stare at your face) You will get white badge if you hired by SMX and let me clear one thing every single responsibility or work is for white badge people and every single benefit only for blue badges (permanent employees). If you are a white badge employee you even don't get your gloves to use from vending machine with your badge, you have to ask manager every single time to get gloves.
Spoiler alert
DONT WORK IN AMAZON EVER IF YOUR LIFE REALLY MATTERS TO YOU. ONE OF MY HORRIBLY WRONG DECISION TO WORK WITH THEM.
Pros
Nothing to mark as pros rather than some cool people.
Cons
Horrible management, Annoying coaches and supervisors, No benefits for white badges, some stupid and unmeetable working rates, no room for growth, long hours. after working one month you will probablly count your loosen body parts.
Busy Workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioJune 29, 2015
• Assisted the warehouse with multiple tasks
• Administration of Windows domain and accounts
• Assisted the managers by responding to the objectives and goals
Intriguing and collaborative enviroment
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 10, 2015
Learned about time management and different technology used to track shipping of goods and accurately confirming orders
Distribution
Amazon (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 3, 2015
Clean place to work, a lot of people to associate with and well managed. Its a well rounded distribution center with excellent logistics.
fun work place
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2015
good place to work.
can meet people from different places.
only 4 days a week work @10hrs/day
easy work n good people
flexible work hours
good co workers and supervisors
Pros
10 hrs/day, only 4days work/week
Cons
nothing much
Place of growth and high energy!
Reciever /Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2015
- A typical day at work usually started with my associates and I working at our stations, receiving products. As the shift progresses and the number of items that need to be received decreases, I rotate between receiving items and doing other jobs that need to be done throughout the warehouse.
- I learned how to effectively work with others in order to get tasks done. I also learned how to problem solve.
- Management was very upbeat and always provided feedback.
- My co-workers were friendly and always made the workplace a positive environment.
- The most enjoyable part of working with amazon would be the satisfaction of working hard with my co-workers to go above and beyond the rates that are expected of us.
Pros
Excellent room/activities for breaks, Management gives good feedback, Management brings in food for holidays and celebrates with workers
Cons
Working long shifts in steel toe boots is hard on my legs
i like seniors nice behaviour with threir juniors
picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 19, 2015
I like their warehouse. it was very clean and quiet. luncharea is very clean .overall environment is amazing. seniors are cooperative and very helpful.
Bad co-workers worse Managment
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Derwent, ABMarch 15, 2015
While working at Amazon it started out good like any job does, but as time went on there was no room for moving up within the warehouse. The actual managers there were from different places
there seemed to be no room for moving up. Hard work and innovative ideas did not get you any closer to having a full time position there. I was told by a supervisor that we are not paid to think we are paid to work I understand that it is a labor job but the fact that we are hired at Amazon to simply work and not give ideas to make the work place a better place infuriated me.
Pros
40 work weeks
Cons
bad management
Amazing and Encouraging work environment
Customer Service/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 12, 2015
Having to meet up with the company stated monthly target made the job even more challenging but fun. The co-workers were friendly and great team players.
Amazing Learning experience
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 9, 2015
Overall It was really good to work at Amazon Fulfillment. It had really friendly environment, free lunches sometimes, nice rewards if you work hard. Hardest part of this job was that it has really long hours.
Pros
free lunches, friendly environment
Cons
long hours, repetitive work
best company to work with
Deputy Manager - Operations (Former Employee) –  IBMFebruary 28, 2015
healthy team environment
grown from a fresh graduate to a Deputy manager operations
Helpful and rewarding management
Competiive co-workers
season time pressure
working as a team to break old records
Pros
employee centric
it was a very fun environment to work in
Employment Recruiter (Former Employee) –  mississauga, onFebruary 9, 2015
-It was always busy day at work, you have your goals and attaining them till the day concludes was the main aspect. Encouragement to accomplish these goals was addressed by management in a very friendly and positive method.
this was a great learning tool, in order to have productivity, its very important to be positive in all aspects and to be very courteous to your co-workers
learn so many things
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2015
i always started my day with a thought that today i will learn new things and show good productivity,our management was good and very helpfull.my co-workers were loving and always keen to help eac hothers..hardwest part was leaving job and my co-workers,enjoyable moment was luckydraw in best attendence.which i got
Pros
free coffe, snacks, holiday meal and
Cons
long hours, donot have job security
Great Facilities, Workspace and Cafeteria. Management, Organization and Training was rather lacking however.
Fulfillment Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Shipping and Receiving (Ship/Doc) and Picking AreaJanuary 21, 2015
The place had great new facilities and lots of room allowing for getting around the place to be quite easy. The cafeteria had plenty of room with more than enough microwaves as well as plenty of games such as a Ping Pong table, A PS3 with Gran Turismo racing set up and an Air Hockey table.
Unfortunately, when the work was on, the place was rather disorganized in certain respects. Picking, the simplest job ran rather smoothly. Packing I'm not sure since I never worked in that area. In my opinion however, the Shipping and Receiving Area could have been better organized and needed more staff members in order for the job to run smoothly. Training for that area was practically non-existent, not thorough enough or not done in a professional way. The main problem was that they had too many different sub-departments being run by the same small group of people rather than having a separate team for the Shipping area. In other words, the work tended to be more stressful than it should have been. On top of this, people who put in a lot of work or who provided feedback were not given the recognition they deserved and were instead the first ones to be looked down on which makes no sense whatsoever.
But to give the company the benefit of the doubt, it was a fairly new warehouse when I worked there so it will take time for the place to get things running up to speed. In many ways, it's machines they lack as well which would far exceed and benefit the company rather than forcing people to work overly hard when in many ways it's not possible for them to do that and achieve beneficial results.
Pros
free lunches, great gaming area, new facilities and clean bathrooms, lots of space for working
Cons
poorly organized when it came to shipping and receiving, poor team chemistry, poor divison of job positions/departments, training in need of improvement
This is my own business and it is absolutely fantastic.
Owner (Current Employee) –  My homeJanuary 17, 2015
-Adjust prices for products in the morning
-Create an order for purchasing products every 1-2 weeks
-Provide excellent customer service and answer any questions they may have.

-I have learned to manage my own business in only 30-60 minutes a day.

-Me and my dad own this business together

-Making sure to stay on top of returns

-Very simple
Pros
work from home, put very little time in.
Cons
business grows slowly
Review on Amazon as a Company
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Brmapton,ONDecember 18, 2014
I quickly learned how to adapt in a results-driven environment. Every single employee is willing to help and extend their expertise. Even as the company expands rapidly, the atmosphere is fun and exciting.
it was a good job
Warehouse associate (picker) (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCNovember 17, 2014
I enjoyed working there its just unfortunate I had to leave because I was not able to work gravyards
Pros
great people
Cons
long days
okay place to work
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 29, 2014
The management is good. Hours are good. The pay could be better. Safety is very good.
Pros
good environment
Cons
pay is not so great
Overall a good experience
Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 18, 2014
I started this institute and since it was my own very first business i had too many responsibilities to be taken care of simultaneously, from administration to syllabus designing and scheduling teachers. I learnt a lot from this.
Pros
teaching students everyday enhanced my knowledge too
Cons
nothing as such
Horrible place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC, CanadaSeptember 11, 2014
Where do I begin?

This place is a joke, I got hired on as a temp for the 4th quarter season (fall-winter) last year because it's the busiest. They hire on like 150 temp workers for this and then fire all of us on the first week of January.

There's only like 20-30 full time Amazon employees, the rest were temps from Amazon's in-house staffing agency SMX. Us temps get paid 12/hr while the perms make over 15/hr plus benefits. The temps get pushed harder and harder while the perms slack off.

We have "coaches", two over weight guys who walk around telling us how we can go through the isles and pick at a faster rate, oh yeah they want you to pick 130 picks a hour, that's one every 33 seconds throughout a vast warehouse, where you scan guns sends you from one side to the next. The coaches don't do anything other than that and get paid more than the temps for it.

You have "safety" guys who don't do jack but walk around pointing out errors in your lifting techniques or that your moving too fast in/out of aisles.

So the "safety" guys tell you to slow down, while management tells you to speed up. Anyone with a brain knows safety/speed don't go hand-in-hand.

The SMX staffing guy is a complete 'you know what'. And treats you like scum. Even though you pick at a faster speed than the permanents. If you make 130 picks a hour then he wants you to pick 140 your next shift and so on.

The permanents walk around leisurely at there own pace, laughing cracking jokes and the bosses don't care. The temps are pushed like machines, and if your caught having a 1 minute convo with a fellow temp
  more... you get "written up".

They dangle this carrot in front of you that you will get hired on as permanent if you work hard, this is a complete lie there is way too many temps and not enough full time permanent positions, the permanent positions are already filled and staffed.

Amazon is a joke and they cut corners buy hiring slave labor temps for there busiest season then save money buy firing them all after. They force you to work overtime, if you don't you get "2 points" you have 6 points till SMX fires you, being sick is 1.5 points.

The only positive is that all of the temps are friendly and cool people. The permanent employees are not and treat temps like dirt.

In the Canadian job market there are more than enough jobs out there that pay 12+ with benefits and management that cares about you and actually treats you well.

TL;DR ..... Avoid working at Amazon (Amazon Delta, Annacis Island) like the plague.
Pros
other temporary workers are friendly.
Cons
way too many to list.