Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Account Supervisor
Account Supervisor-Staff Management (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,ON28 August 2014
Working for Staff Management was a wonderful experience, learning a lot about Amazon's expectations, safety awareness and one on one communication with the associates on a daily basis.
My responsibilities consist of daily attendance, hourly productivity reports and feedback. Supervising over all safety,quality and productivity during the day. Attending production meetings weekly, investigating accidents and near misses to eliminate unsafe conditions and behaviors, coaching 5S throughout the facility . Entering all information into the Data base at end of shift. The best part of the job would be the relationship you develop with your co-workers and associates, I enjoy greeting them every morning and starting the day with a can do attitude, being a motivational speaking at start up meeting and having a safe and fun environment to work in.
Pros
Safe and Happy work Environment
fun worklace
Process Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 June 2016
working hours are 10 hour a day
fun activities
leared leadership skills
co workers are nice and friendly
the most enjoybale part of the job is work under pressure
relatively fast paced work environment, great work atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cork, C29 December 2013
Communicate with customers, fulfillment centres and couriers to correct any faults in the ordering and delivery system.
Learned how to speak with and calm irate customers and how to co-ordinate multiple assets. also learned about the logistics behind such huge companies.
Management were on the most part very consistent and helpful. Co workers were friendly and helpful. the most difficult part of the job was having to explain to customers that their orders would be delayed. the most enjoyable part was getting great customer feed back
Pros
challenging work
Cons
long hours, some tedium between customers
Strenuous but rewarding work each day.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2016
Amazon teaches you to focus and stay on task because it involves a lot of repetitive work that can cause you to lose focus easily. It is a fast paced environment which helps to learn how to work under pressure. Managers were constantly supporting and motivating all the workers during each shift. All workers that I encountered were pleasant and tried to help the new people become used to the environment. Maintaining the appropriate rates was a challenge due to many variables on any given day. Interaction with great co-workers was the most enjoyable part of Amazon.
Pros
Fast paced, constant support from team
Cons
Long shifts, no opportunity for growth
friendly people and made peak fun
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON16 February 2016
My co workers at amazon wear great and friendly just like most of the management. The work was never to much or overwhelming because the workplace itself was very organized and everything seemed to run smoothly.
Fast paced - great fellow associates - great benefits - fun Zone
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Delta B.C9 October 2015
Typical day would be fast paced, new requests coming at you from all department equally urgent.

What I learned at Amazon is to prioritize in order of importance and schedule everything you need to do for the following day in your calendar, else you would never get any thing accomplished - starting everything and finishing nothing.

Co-workers at Amazon are what made the job fun, cooperative, hard working and always willing to help one another.

Hardest part of my job is leaving, don't want to, but need to pursue a new career.
Pros
cultural days, treats of the world, family BBQ's
Cons
Mandatory overtime
A typical Fulfilment Center
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga21 September 2015
Not a place to build a career. Depending on the nature of your job, it could be very monotonous in nature and with little work-life balance.
Pros
Good for resume
Cons
Not a long term career option
Very rewarding and productive workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2016
- Very Team Oriented
- Productive Workplace
- Very demanding when it came to achieving the necessary pace of work.
- Great place to be introduced to the workforce.
Really Huge warehouse with lots of facilities inside
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2016
it was a good experience for to work at that warehouse, spent %99 of the time pushing carts and walking and running around looking for items.
Strict rules
Fulfillment associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2016
They are very strict with safety and productivity. you are expected to meet their rates which is hard to reach in your first few weeks. Then after a few weeks your body gets used to it.
HIgh energy environment with low pay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Amazon fulfillment (brampton)9 November 2015
I work in Amazon as Warehouse Associate The work is physically demanding. Pay is low. Overtime is mandatory. Felt like a robot. Breaks were short because it took time to walk from warehouse to break room.

(i want the management of Amazon do picking at least one month in a year then they will know why people have so much complained)
Pros
Order Picker
Competitive and productive place to improve
Process Assistant (Operations Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 July 2015
Working in Amazon FC is very competitive and gives the opportunity to improve on your abilities to drive your career forward.
Summary
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 December 2013
1- its a very fast paced job and requires lot of determination, the supervisor and leadership category is very cooperative and understanding.
2- Management is Not able to develop interest in the job.
3- lot of management errors shoul can be rectified
3-General feeling is that Management consider the workers as
Pros
Co-workers and the coaches
Cons
1- operational software needs to be upgraded, 2 No job security
best enviorment to work
associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON21 July 2014
amazon fulfillment is among the best place. work week is 4 days only so work and life is balanced as you get more personal time.
Management is so fun to work with they listen to problems from associate and actually do solve them and the best part they are always smiling and willing to help.
working at such productive and happy place long hours even go quicker.
Pros
fun place 4 days work week
Cons
very tiresome and tough job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2015
if you are person who can walk non stop for upto 10 hours then you are made for this job. Almost 25-30 km of daily non stop fast paced walk will certainly peel your weight off but you will certainly be left with frequent foot ache.
Pros
frequent prize draws
Cons
long hours and non stop walk.
Bad co-workers worse Managment
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Derwent, AB15 March 2015
While working at Amazon it started out good like any job does, but as time went on there was no room for moving up within the warehouse. The actual managers there were from different places
there seemed to be no room for moving up. Hard work and innovative ideas did not get you any closer to having a full time position there. I was told by a supervisor that we are not paid to think we are paid to work I understand that it is a labor job but the fact that we are hired at Amazon to simply work and not give ideas to make the work place a better place infuriated me.
Pros
40 work weeks
Cons
Bad management
Place of growth and high energy!
Reciever /Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2015
- A typical day at work usually started with my associates and I working at our stations, receiving products. As the shift progresses and the number of items that need to be received decreases, I rotate between receiving items and doing other jobs that need to be done throughout the warehouse.
- I learned how to effectively work with others in order to get tasks done. I also learned how to problem solve.
- Management was very upbeat and always provided feedback.
- My co-workers were friendly and always made the workplace a positive environment.
- The most enjoyable part of working with amazon would be the satisfaction of working hard with my co-workers to go above and beyond the rates that are expected of us.
Pros
Excellent room/activities for breaks, Management gives good feedback, Management brings in food for holidays and celebrates with workers
Cons
Working long shifts in steel toe boots is hard on my legs
Amazon Policy: work hard, have fun and make history
Customer Returns PROCESS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ON5 December 2015
Amazon is a hard work place but it is fun to work with the best team: Customer Returns, I learned how to work in a warehouse for a company that take care 100% of the customers.
Pros
Montly Bonus and benefits
Fast pace but interesting job
Coach/Assistant Supervisor - Fulfillment Centre (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 March 2016
I was their Coach/Assistant Supervisor. I used to do coaching, mentoring,producing performance metrics for the associate. I did problem solving, audits.
fun work place.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 March 2016
It was always a good shift. I respected the work place very much. I had a very normal day shift, and very typical work. it was a lonely job to work cause I started talking to the books. that was the hardest part.