Amazon.com Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 2, 2016
Great experience. Learned alot from amazon. Love to work again over there. Dedicated person willing to work and provide my commitment
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Overtime
productive
Outbound Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 5, 2015
management is nice ,listen to employees. hardest part of the job is the targets per hour. some times it is hard to meet them,
Favoritism at workplace,
Fulfillment associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCFebruary 6, 2016
Favorite pets are valued most. Nothing is paid for high productivity. Frustration is the only feeling you carry home after working at this warehouse
Pros
Nice marketing strategies
Cons
many
Good place for a temporary work position
Administrative Assistant-Imaging and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 1, 2015
If you are transitioning from school to a career job, and are currently unemployed, this is a good temporary job. However, the pay is not the best, and opportunities for growth are few and far between in the department I work in. Good work environment, with high regard for work place safety.
very productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCDecember 27, 2015
Very energetic and productive work environment
learned many technical and non technical concepts of amazon
very supportive and helping co workers over there
Great management and people but long hours and uneventful work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 28, 2014
With my time at Amazon I had very small tasks in a very large group of people. It was hard to connect with others as the establishment was so large, and the hours consumed the majority of my time. I was not trained on any tasks but one, which consisted of scanning items and organizing them into carts, despite requesting to learn other jobs throughout the warehouse. It was difficult to work such long hours while being forced to do the same mundane tasks over and over with no chance of a change of environment/ pace. However, all of my superiors were extremely friendly and accommodating and the payment was very satisfactory.
Pros
great management, good pay
Cons
long hours, duties tended to drag on
Account Supervisor
Account Supervisor-Staff Management (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,ONAugust 28, 2014
Working for Staff Management was a wonderful experience, learning a lot about Amazon's expectations, safety awareness and one on one communication with the associates on a daily basis.
My responsibilities consist of daily attendance, hourly productivity reports and feedback. Supervising over all safety,quality and productivity during the day. Attending production meetings weekly, investigating accidents and near misses to eliminate unsafe conditions and behaviors, coaching 5S throughout the facility . Entering all information into the Data base at end of shift. The best part of the job would be the relationship you develop with your co-workers and associates, I enjoy greeting them every morning and starting the day with a can do attitude, being a motivational speaking at start up meeting and having a safe and fun environment to work in.
Pros
safe and happy work environment
Cons
Place of growth and high energy!
Reciever /Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2015
- A typical day at work usually started with my associates and I working at our stations, receiving products. As the shift progresses and the number of items that need to be received decreases, I rotate between receiving items and doing other jobs that need to be done throughout the warehouse.
- I learned how to effectively work with others in order to get tasks done. I also learned how to problem solve.
- Management was very upbeat and always provided feedback.
- My co-workers were friendly and always made the workplace a positive environment.
- The most enjoyable part of working with amazon would be the satisfaction of working hard with my co-workers to go above and beyond the rates that are expected of us.
Pros
Excellent room/activities for breaks, Management gives good feedback, Management brings in food for holidays and celebrates with workers
Cons
Working long shifts in steel toe boots is hard on my legs
Prepare to be a Robot
Coach/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 20, 2016
This company is the most terrible company I have ever worked for and this is keeping in mind I worked as a coach/supervisor.

Hours are long 10 to 11 hours a day 4 days a week. You will be hired on as a temp worker to start no benefits etc. Overtime will be mandatory expect to work 60+ hours a week around Christmas so don't expect so see your family around the holidays or whenever they call for overtime to bad for you, expect to be pointed for missing days and let go if you miss more than 2 around Christmas.

Prepare to be a robot for everything you pick or do there is an expected rate based on the size of item EG 180 items per hour for smalls. The aisles are crowded and small in the larger items there is boxes all over the floor and items are stowed terribly. So good luck making your rate. If you are packing the equipment breaks half the time or the worker who is suppose to keep you supplied is busy talking to someone.

Oh best part during the middle of every week management sits together and reviews the workers rates. You get a lovely piece of paper to sign every week like a report card for adults you either made 100% or above or you didn't and you get a written warning get 3 written warnings and it's out the door for you. Oh did I mention hey is it your first week? Did you pick a wrong item or too many or too little expect a written for that as well. Make too many errors and you can be gone your first week.

As a coach/supervisor upper management was always on our case to be on the workers constantly harass them with rates and try and make them go faster even if
  more... they were 100% get them to go faster so they can raise the rates overall. A lot of times it was not the workers fault there was either a language barrier or their pick path was terrible but management never wanted to hear that it was always the workers fault though Amazons slogan is "Blame the process not the people"

I worked at the Brampton location 90% of the workers are Indian so if you are any other ethnicity good luck making any friends or having anyone to talk to. Most of the the workers speak Punjabi right in front of your face or to the other workers behind your back, even the mangers do it. Very few good people I met while working their and again I was a supervisor.

Amazon goes on and on about safety first .....in fact you will spend hours your first day learning about safety...what a joke amazon thinks you are a robot with no family expect to work long hours with low pay and to be called for overtime at any time.

I myself worked there for 1 1/2 years as a supervisor, things got slow so I was given the option to work nights as a temp worker or leave. A terrible heartless company that does not care about you or your family, there is little to no advancement unless your are Indian and suck up to the managers enough. STAY AWAY!!!!

Pros....... no overtime and benefits are good IF you can manage to get hired on and well good luck with that if you make too many errors, are sick too many days, or don't make rate it will never happen. Or well if they just don't like you.

Stay away from this company!!!!!
Pros
Benefits.....if you can get hired
Cons
Everything nothing good about this place
Amazon.ca - Fullfillment
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Amazon fulfillment is a typical production/warehousing atmosphere but with an insane amount of SKU variation which makes the way they conduct their operations very "peculiar". The Area Manager role effectively manages anywhere between 25 to over 120 warehouse associates, making it a very challenging and rewarding experience.

The Canadian fulfillment side still needs to adjust their culture to the american Amazon.com culture which has a very good set of principles and practices. The lack of underlying operating principles make it very hard to cope with very frequent changes within the fulfillment site. Support from upper management is seldom available as they face their own difficulties trying to adjust to the same changes.
Bad co-workers worse Managment
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Derwent, ABMarch 15, 2015
While working at Amazon it started out good like any job does, but as time went on there was no room for moving up within the warehouse. The actual managers there were from different places
there seemed to be no room for moving up. Hard work and innovative ideas did not get you any closer to having a full time position there. I was told by a supervisor that we are not paid to think we are paid to work I understand that it is a labor job but the fact that we are hired at Amazon to simply work and not give ideas to make the work place a better place infuriated me.
Pros
40 work weeks
Cons
bad management
relatively fast paced work environment, great work atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cork, CDecember 29, 2013
Communicate with customers, fulfillment centres and couriers to correct any faults in the ordering and delivery system.
Learned how to speak with and calm irate customers and how to co-ordinate multiple assets. also learned about the logistics behind such huge companies.
Management were on the most part very consistent and helpful. Co workers were friendly and helpful. the most difficult part of the job was having to explain to customers that their orders would be delayed. the most enjoyable part was getting great customer feed back
Pros
challenging work
Cons
long hours, some tedium between customers
Clearly and consistently demonstrates extraordinary and exceptionalaccomplishments in all major areas of responsibility
RF Scanner & Picker (Former Employee) –  MissisaugaOctober 19, 2015
Accomplishments are well beyond reasonable, but demanding standards of performance, especially in the key areas of responsibility.
Good Place and environment
Learning Ambassador/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 2, 2015
Good peaceful environment.
Difficult to maintain rate very crowded in peak season (Dec). GM and all managers are very good. HR is Exceptionally cooperative.
TDR Agent (Former Employee) –  BramptonJuly 20, 2015
Overall nice place to work. Management was nice. Schedule was perfectly organised. great environment. I would go back and work if I had the chance. Shifts are good
best enviorment to work
associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJuly 21, 2014
amazon fulfillment is among the best place. work week is 4 days only so work and life is balanced as you get more personal time.
Management is so fun to work with they listen to problems from associate and actually do solve them and the best part they are always smiling and willing to help.
working at such productive and happy place long hours even go quicker.
Pros
fun place 4 days work week
Overall Good place.
Outbound Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 6, 2015
Good place to learn a lot of things. I think if you are a dedicated workers with a geninue desire to meet the expectations ; all places are good to work.
Pros
Excellent Break room
Cons
No cons really.
it was a very fun environment to work in
Employment Recruiter (Former Employee) –  mississauga, onFebruary 9, 2015
-It was always busy day at work, you have your goals and attaining them till the day concludes was the main aspect. Encouragement to accomplish these goals was addressed by management in a very friendly and positive method.
this was a great learning tool, in order to have productivity, its very important to be positive in all aspects and to be very courteous to your co-workers
Summary
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 24, 2013
1- its a very fast paced job and requires lot of determination, the supervisor and leadership category is very cooperative and understanding.
2- Management is Not able to develop interest in the job.
3- lot of management errors shoul can be rectified
3-General feeling is that Management consider the workers as
Pros
co-workers and the coaches
Cons
1- operational software needs to be upgraded, 2 no job security
FUN PLACE AND BEST TEAM WORKERS EVER
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  new wesminster bcSeptember 10, 2015
Best in all services with great scope of advancment and helpfull team mates , flexible scedule and weekely pay cheque is great bonus for every worker who works for amazon