Amazon.com Employee Reviews

productive,fun place,with all benefits medical and dental
Fulfilment Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 17, 2015
I am truly thrilled to be a part of amazon Canada and it s the place to work at.It s a fast paced,deadline oriented job and i love it,
benefits
Cons
night shifts
Great place to work if....
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCMarch 9, 2016
This company wants nothing but the best staff. They are a numbers based company. They want you to hit your rate every single week. It took me a couple months to get my groove as a white badge (SMX) before I got better and I eventually after six months of getting my conversion letter and then becoming a blue badge. The managers are committed, passionate people who want you to succeed along with the HR team. My advice to those who are considering applying at SMX or Amazon directly is this. If you have stellar work ethic, you're good with a people and you care about customer service you'll be fine here. BUT. on that note:

Yes, you will have to work 10 hour shifts.
Yes, they are a numbers driven company.
Yes, you will have to walk A LOT.
Yes, it's a competitive environment.
Yes, your RATES do matter.
Yes, your QUALITY matters.
Yes, your managers DO pay attention to your performance.
Yes, there are opportunities to grow.
Yes, there is Mandatory Overtime.

If you work hard, you'll have no problem here. If not, you may not get the result you want. Nothing comes free here. Leadership won't give you a blue badge because you give minimum effort and a mediocre attitude.
Pros
Great HR team, Great Managers, Opportunities to Grow, Good Co-Workers
Cons
Mandatory Overtime sometimes comes unexpectedly. (Flexibility is a must here)
Good Place and environment
Learning Ambassador/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 2, 2015
Good peaceful environment.
Difficult to maintain rate very crowded in peak season (Dec). GM and all managers are very good. HR is Exceptionally cooperative.
fun workplace with videogame csnter and ping pong table
Inound picker (Current Employee) –  missisauga onSeptember 21, 2015
long very busy but fun day.. i learned how to use RF scanner. management is very nice. co workers are great people and very helpful. hardest part of the job is standing for 10 hours a day since the warehouse is huge.
Fun place to work at
Admin Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 28, 2015
Amazon is an amzing place to work at,very caring about the employee and HR is so efficient as they always stand by your side
Pros
pays
Overall Good place.
Outbound Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 6, 2015
Good place to learn a lot of things. I think if you are a dedicated workers with a geninue desire to meet the expectations ; all places are good to work.
Pros
Excellent Break room
Cons
No cons really.
Very Anti Worker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 15, 2016
This company has replaced the whips used on slaves with there laptops. Constantly hounding workers about their rate twice a day. Workers walk eight hours a day nonstop. Management speaks about safety but its just all talk. Its all about your rate which must be 100 percent everyday. Workers break is from 10am to half ten yet you are pestered to start work before half ten for something called power rate. You get a warning if you are four minutes late although your break finishes at half ten. Management refuses to allow workers there half our break instead its down to 20 minutes. They stand as you enter the warehouse from the cafeteria yelling scan an item before half ten for your power rate. This company treats workers like slaves teaching you one think on orenition day but have you breaking every rule that is taught as orientation is over. You can see the frustration and disgust on workers faces everyday. This company feeds on immigrants knowing that most of them dont have a choice and are afraid to speak out. Everyday there are new workers its a revolving door of employees. Very few people attended the company's bbq which was held on site and workers that chose to work on that day were not even allowed to attend the bbq during their half hour lunch. Management shoots their mouths of about customer quality but with very few brain cell they fail to realize if workers are unhappy the customer suffers. Its only a matter of time before a worker is seriously injured. Worst working experience.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
A typical Fulfilment Center
Associate (Former Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 21, 2015
Not a place to build a career. Depending on the nature of your job, it could be very monotonous in nature and with little work-life balance.
Pros
Good for resume
Cons
Not a long term career option
productive
Outbound Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 5, 2015
management is nice ,listen to employees. hardest part of the job is the targets per hour. some times it is hard to meet them,
FUN PLACE AND BEST TEAM WORKERS EVER
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  new wesminster bcSeptember 10, 2015
Best in all services with great scope of advancment and helpfull team mates , flexible scedule and weekely pay cheque is great bonus for every worker who works for amazon
Not the best place to work
Studio Administrator (Former Employee) –  May, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Employees are expected to work like machines. The work environment is too stressful, also there is barely any opportunity for growth.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Work Like Machine
Place to learn a lot
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 8, 2015
Best place to learn a lot and do a lot of interesting things. But the problem would be the non technical managers deciding architecture of the systems.
Bad co-workers worse Managment
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Derwent, ABMarch 15, 2015
While working at Amazon it started out good like any job does, but as time went on there was no room for moving up within the warehouse. The actual managers there were from different places
there seemed to be no room for moving up. Hard work and innovative ideas did not get you any closer to having a full time position there. I was told by a supervisor that we are not paid to think we are paid to work I understand that it is a labor job but the fact that we are hired at Amazon to simply work and not give ideas to make the work place a better place infuriated me.
Pros
40 work weeks
Cons
bad management
it was a very fun environment to work in
Employment Recruiter (Former Employee) –  mississauga, onFebruary 9, 2015
-It was always busy day at work, you have your goals and attaining them till the day concludes was the main aspect. Encouragement to accomplish these goals was addressed by management in a very friendly and positive method.
this was a great learning tool, in order to have productivity, its very important to be positive in all aspects and to be very courteous to your co-workers
Competitive and productive place to improve
Process Assistant (Operations Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 30, 2015
Working in Amazon FC is very competitive and gives the opportunity to improve on your abilities to drive your career forward.
This is my own business and it is absolutely fantastic.
Owner (Current Employee) –  My homeJanuary 17, 2015
-Adjust prices for products in the morning
-Create an order for purchasing products every 1-2 weeks
-Provide excellent customer service and answer any questions they may have.

-I have learned to manage my own business in only 30-60 minutes a day.

-Me and my dad own this business together

-Making sure to stay on top of returns

-Very simple
Pros
work from home, put very little time in.
Cons
business grows slowly
learn so many things
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2015
i always started my day with a thought that today i will learn new things and show good productivity,our management was good and very helpfull.my co-workers were loving and always keen to help eac hothers..hardwest part was leaving job and my co-workers,enjoyable moment was luckydraw in best attendence.which i got
Pros
free coffe, snacks, holiday meal and
Cons
long hours, donot have job security
Place of growth and high energy!
Reciever /Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2015
- A typical day at work usually started with my associates and I working at our stations, receiving products. As the shift progresses and the number of items that need to be received decreases, I rotate between receiving items and doing other jobs that need to be done throughout the warehouse.
- I learned how to effectively work with others in order to get tasks done. I also learned how to problem solve.
- Management was very upbeat and always provided feedback.
- My co-workers were friendly and always made the workplace a positive environment.
- The most enjoyable part of working with amazon would be the satisfaction of working hard with my co-workers to go above and beyond the rates that are expected of us.
Pros
Excellent room/activities for breaks, Management gives good feedback, Management brings in food for holidays and celebrates with workers
Cons
Working long shifts in steel toe boots is hard on my legs
good work experience
order picker / shipper receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 26, 2015
I learned about various jobs. As this was my first job I looked forward to learning about the shipping and receiving, using RF scanners.
fun work place
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2015
good place to work.
can meet people from different places.
only 4 days a week work @10hrs/day
easy work n good people
flexible work hours
good co workers and supervisors
Pros
10 hrs/day, only 4days work/week
Cons
nothing much