Amazon.com Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast Pace and Fun at times with a Fun Room at Break time
Dock Clerk/Heavy Equipment Trainer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Love the Experience at Amazon,its making me to be a more responsible and more manageable person. My Managers have a lot of trust and confidence in me and my work performance
Pros
fun games and free liunches from time to time...
Cons
Long Hours from time to time..
FUN PLACE AND BEST TEAM WORKERS EVER
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  new wesminster bcSeptember 10, 2015
Best in all services with great scope of advancment and helpfull team mates , flexible scedule and weekely pay cheque is great bonus for every worker who works for amazon
Not the best place to work
Studio Administrator (Former Employee) –  May, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Employees are expected to work like machines. The work environment is too stressful, also there is barely any opportunity for growth.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Work Like Machine
Place to learn a lot
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 8, 2015
Best place to learn a lot and do a lot of interesting things. But the problem would be the non technical managers deciding architecture of the systems.
Good place for a temporary work position
Administrative Assistant-Imaging and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 1, 2015
If you are transitioning from school to a career job, and are currently unemployed, this is a good temporary job. However, the pay is not the best, and opportunities for growth are few and far between in the department I work in. Good work environment, with high regard for work place safety.
Top Notch and fun place to work.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2015
It was a pleasure to be associated with amazon, while working for Testing projects, loved every bit of it .Best wishes eveyone
Competitive and productive place to improve
Process Assistant (Operations Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 30, 2015
Working in Amazon FC is very competitive and gives the opportunity to improve on your abilities to drive your career forward.
good work experience
order picker / shipper receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 26, 2015
I learned about various jobs. As this was my first job I looked forward to learning about the shipping and receiving, using RF scanners.
Good
Auditor (Current Employee) –  BramptonJuly 24, 2015
Fun work place with supportive people.
Not all about the numbers but about quality
control. Decent pay and always room for development.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lots of walking
TDR Agent (Former Employee) –  BramptonJuly 20, 2015
Overall nice place to work. Management was nice. Schedule was perfectly organised. great environment. I would go back and work if I had the chance. Shifts are good
Horrible place to work.
Picker and packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton and MissisuagaJuly 3, 2015
I would rather like go to the moon without protective gear than work in a horrible company. 0% job security, 10-hour straight walking, Pick 138 items an hour and annoying managers (who even doesn't know how to run scanner properly).
Absolutely 0% of chances to grow within the company (if you get hired by SMX you are busted, one of the earth's annoying coaches and supervisors supervise you. When I ask some technical question about the job, they just stare at your face) You will get white badge if you hired by SMX and let me clear one thing every single responsibility or work is for white badge people and every single benefit only for blue badges (permanent employees). If you are a white badge employee you even don't get your gloves to use from vending machine with your badge, you have to ask manager every single time to get gloves.
Spoiler alert
DONT WORK IN AMAZON EVER IF YOUR LIFE REALLY MATTERS TO YOU. ONE OF MY HORRIBLY WRONG DECISION TO WORK WITH THEM.
Pros
Nothing to mark as pros rather than some cool people.
Cons
Horrible management, Annoying coaches and supervisors, No benefits for white badges, some stupid and unmeetable working rates, no room for growth, long hours. after working one month you will probablly count your loosen body parts.
Busy Workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioJune 29, 2015
• Assisted the warehouse with multiple tasks
• Administration of Windows domain and accounts
• Assisted the managers by responding to the objectives and goals
Intriguing and collaborative enviroment
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 10, 2015
Learned about time management and different technology used to track shipping of goods and accurately confirming orders
Distribution
Amazon (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 3, 2015
Clean place to work, a lot of people to associate with and well managed. Its a well rounded distribution center with excellent logistics.
fun work place
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2015
good place to work.
can meet people from different places.
only 4 days a week work @10hrs/day
easy work n good people
flexible work hours
good co workers and supervisors
Pros
10 hrs/day, only 4days work/week
Cons
nothing much
Place of growth and high energy!
Reciever /Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2015
- A typical day at work usually started with my associates and I working at our stations, receiving products. As the shift progresses and the number of items that need to be received decreases, I rotate between receiving items and doing other jobs that need to be done throughout the warehouse.
- I learned how to effectively work with others in order to get tasks done. I also learned how to problem solve.
- Management was very upbeat and always provided feedback.
- My co-workers were friendly and always made the workplace a positive environment.
- The most enjoyable part of working with amazon would be the satisfaction of working hard with my co-workers to go above and beyond the rates that are expected of us.
Pros
Excellent room/activities for breaks, Management gives good feedback, Management brings in food for holidays and celebrates with workers
Cons
Working long shifts in steel toe boots is hard on my legs
i like seniors nice behaviour with threir juniors
picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 19, 2015
I like their warehouse. it was very clean and quiet. luncharea is very clean .overall environment is amazing. seniors are cooperative and very helpful.
Bad co-workers worse Managment
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Derwent, ABMarch 15, 2015
While working at Amazon it started out good like any job does, but as time went on there was no room for moving up within the warehouse. The actual managers there were from different places
there seemed to be no room for moving up. Hard work and innovative ideas did not get you any closer to having a full time position there. I was told by a supervisor that we are not paid to think we are paid to work I understand that it is a labor job but the fact that we are hired at Amazon to simply work and not give ideas to make the work place a better place infuriated me.
Pros
40 work weeks
Cons
bad management
Amazing and Encouraging work environment
Customer Service/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 12, 2015
Having to meet up with the company stated monthly target made the job even more challenging but fun. The co-workers were friendly and great team players.
Amazing Learning experience
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 9, 2015
Overall It was really good to work at Amazon Fulfillment. It had really friendly environment, free lunches sometimes, nice rewards if you work hard. Hardest part of this job was that it has really long hours.
Pros
free lunches, friendly environment
Cons
long hours, repetitive work