Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Hard place to work, but people were awesome
Problem Solver Tier (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PA7 July 2016
Stress is what a typical day is made of, but you will learn a lot since you are in competition with everyone. The management is not that bad, the co-workers are always awesome.
Pros
good pay, learn a lot
Amazon
Overnight HR Ops Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 June 2016
10 hour shifts.
High turnovers.
Decent pay
Unhelpful HR staff
Uncaring management
This company is so customer driven that they completely do not care about the employees. If the employees are not happy, how can the company please the customer?
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours and limited shift options
A growing company with no dirth of opportunities
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC28 June 2016
A growing company with no dirth of opportunities, very friendly for a diverse workforce. Its an excellent place for someone who really wants to display boundaryless behavior and a keen sense of acquiring new skills and knowledge.
fun worklace
Process Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 June 2016
working hours are 10 hour a day
fun activities
leared leadership skills
co workers are nice and friendly
the most enjoybale part of the job is work under pressure
Enjoyable work, poor salary - rotating contracts
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2016
I love my work, the management is pretty good. Employees are treated in a very transitory fashion and essential lied to about the prospect of permanent positions. The sad thing is that its obvious that the objective is to gain good workers and release them before they would be required to give them a raise / benefits or be obligated to give them permanent work. Economy killers.
Pros
reasonable workflow, fun events
Cons
near minimum wage - no benefits - low/no permanent hire positions
Really Huge warehouse with lots of facilities inside
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2016
it was a good experience for to work at that warehouse, spent %99 of the time pushing carts and walking and running around looking for items.
Challenging place with lots of opportunities.
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, UK9 May 2016
Amazon offers lots of opportunities but also is very demanding place. Those who are career focused, passionate about learning new things, and think outside of the box, amazon is the right place to start.
Pros
Health benefits, Education support.
Cons
Holiday embargo during critical periods mainly before Christmas time.
Very rewarding and productive workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2016
- Very Team Oriented
- Productive Workplace
- Very demanding when it came to achieving the necessary pace of work.
- Great place to be introduced to the workforce.
Strict rules
Fulfillment associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2016
They are very strict with safety and productivity. you are expected to meet their rates which is hard to reach in your first few weeks. Then after a few weeks your body gets used to it.
Great work place
Graveyard Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC2 May 2016
I would have to say that Amazon has one of the nicest warehouse's I've ever worked in, it's very spacious and neatly organized. While I was there everyone was very nice and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Good pay, great environment
Cons
I have nothing bad to really say
Onsite Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2016
High pressure work enviorment, but can be some what borring at times poor hours and managemnet, which leads to poor work life balance.
If you need experience that's where you go.
Outbound Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON28 April 2016
They are willing to train anybody on just about anything in the warehouse. Management doesn't really listen to their employees very well.
Pros
No experience necessary
Cons
low wages for type of work
Prepare to be a Robot
Coach/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 April 2016
This company is the most terrible company I have ever worked for and this is keeping in mind I worked as a coach/supervisor.

Hours are long 10 to 11 hours a day 4 days a week. You will be hired on as a temp worker to start no benefits etc. Overtime will be mandatory expect to work 60+ hours a week around Christmas so don't expect so see your family around the holidays or whenever they call for overtime to bad for you, expect to be pointed for missing days and let go if you miss more than 2 around Christmas.

Prepare to be a robot for everything you pick or do there is an expected rate based on the size of item EG 180 items per hour for smalls. The aisles are crowded and small in the larger items there is boxes all over the floor and items are stowed terribly. So good luck making your rate. If you are packing the equipment breaks half the time or the worker who is suppose to keep you supplied is busy talking to someone.

Oh best part during the middle of every week management sits together and reviews the workers rates. You get a lovely piece of paper to sign every week like a report card for adults you either made 100% or above or you didn't and you get a written warning get 3 written warnings and it's out the door for you. Oh did I mention hey is it your first week? Did you pick a wrong item or too many or too little expect a written for that as well. Make too many errors and you can be gone your first week.

As a coach/supervisor upper management was always on our case to be on the workers constantly harass them with rates and try and make them go faster even if
  more... they were 100% get them to go faster so they can raise the rates overall. A lot of times it was not the workers fault there was either a language barrier or their pick path was terrible but management never wanted to hear that it was always the workers fault though Amazons slogan is "Blame the process not the people"

I worked at the Brampton location 90% of the workers are Indian so if you are any other ethnicity good luck making any friends or having anyone to talk to. Most of the the workers speak Punjabi right in front of your face or to the other workers behind your back, even the mangers do it. Very few good people I met while working their and again I was a supervisor.

Amazon goes on and on about safety first .....in fact you will spend hours your first day learning about safety...what a joke amazon thinks you are a robot with no family expect to work long hours with low pay and to be called for overtime at any time.

I myself worked there for 1 1/2 years as a supervisor, things got slow so I was given the option to work nights as a temp worker or leave. A terrible heartless company that does not care about you or your family, there is little to no advancement unless your are Indian and suck up to the managers enough. STAY AWAY!!!!

Pros....... no overtime and benefits are good IF you can manage to get hired on and well good luck with that if you make too many errors, are sick too many days, or don't make rate it will never happen. Or well if they just don't like you.

Stay away from this company!!!!!
Pros
Benefits.....if you can get hired
Cons
Everything nothing good about this place
Productive and fun place to work
Staff Management SMX (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON15 April 2016
Is a nice place to start a career, you learned very easily, the environment is nice, working with different ethnic people is nice. The hard part of the job is to work long hour more than 12 hrs. And the most enjoyable part of the job was free breakfast, Good recognition program.
Pros
Good recognition program
Cons
long hour
Nice warehouse
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC5 April 2016
the staff at Amazon were friendly made some good contacts working there was easy to learn the job quiclky only problem was wearing those steel toed boots
Fast pace but interesting job
Coach/Assistant Supervisor - Fulfillment Centre (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 March 2016
I was their Coach/Assistant Supervisor. I used to do coaching, mentoring,producing performance metrics for the associate. I did problem solving, audits.
Fast paced High volume High energy
RET/Pack/Gift Wrap Ambassador and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJ29 March 2016
My day would begin by first checking the board to see what my duties will be for that day, I would then report to my designated area and either gather neccessary supplies and or reports and training tools and begin. As a Trainer I would demonstrate and educate associates in their respective processes, as a RET Trainer I would evaluate and demonstrate and guide the process for associates in order for them to achieve their desired goal as a productive associate. I thoroughly enjoyed being a process guide and a retrainer because it allowed me to work with associates who were having difficulties. The best part of my job was when I was able to help someone else meet their goals.
Pros
compensation and room for growth
Cons
travel distance
fun work place.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 March 2016
It was always a good shift. I respected the work place very much. I had a very normal day shift, and very typical work. it was a lonely job to work cause I started talking to the books. that was the hardest part.
Work was always positive fun and a great time.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON16 March 2016
A normal day at work would start at 7 am and start and end positive and happy all the time. Working there was a very fast paced and exceptional place to work and be trained to gain experience in factory work. The people are very nice and understanding and the work there is easy to pick up on when you have great concious down to earth trainers and assistants. the communication skills there are absolutely exceptional. (when being taught something or having something explained correct)
Pros
Benefits, salary, Positive and safe work environment
Cons
Lack of work sometimes.
Great place to work if....
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC9 March 2016
This company wants nothing but the best staff. They are a numbers based company. They want you to hit your rate every single week. It took me a couple months to get my groove as a white badge (SMX) before I got better and I eventually after six months of getting my conversion letter and then becoming a blue badge. The managers are committed, passionate people who want you to succeed along with the HR team. My advice to those who are considering applying at SMX or Amazon directly is this. If you have stellar work ethic, you're good with a people and you care about customer service you'll be fine here. BUT. on that note:

Yes, you will have to work 10 hour shifts.
Yes, they are a numbers driven company.
Yes, you will have to walk A LOT.
Yes, it's a competitive environment.
Yes, your RATES do matter.
Yes, your QUALITY matters.
Yes, your managers DO pay attention to your performance.
Yes, there are opportunities to grow.
Yes, there is Mandatory Overtime.

If you work hard, you'll have no problem here. If not, you may not get the result you want. Nothing comes free here. Leadership won't give you a blue badge because you give minimum effort and a mediocre attitude.
Pros
Great HR team, Great Managers, Opportunities to Grow, Good Co-Workers
Cons
Mandatory Overtime sometimes comes unexpectedly. (Flexibility is a must here)