Amazon.com
2,513 reviews

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Looking to work in IT. AVOID Amazon Logistics, no IT.
IT Support Technician (Former Employee), United KingdomNovember 23, 2014
Pros: expenses and hotels paid for.
Cons: bad management, no room for progression, highly repetitive tasks
If you're looking to work in an exciting IT environment with opportunities to set up servers, install or upgrade operating systems, or even just looking at providing everyday IT Support with general IT issues like repairing a users laptop. Then AVOID Amazon Logistics. The role is a highly repetitive , where you will be expected to do plenty of data – more... entry, move and send different boxes (e.g assets tags, barcode scanners etc) Asset tag devices (stick a number on a piece of equipment). AND that's just to start with.

You will also be expected to:

- Set up android driver devices on a daily basis, and not just a few we are speaking up to 200 devices a week. Yes that's correct the same task again and again, all day everyday.
- Send these devices back when they have been broken and repeat the process above.
- Deal with a manager who you will hardly see, who will never ask how you are doing and only ask for more android devices, expect them to also talk at you with no chance of a real conversation.
- Plenty of promises which will not be kept.
- Delegation of repetitive tasks on top of your already busy work load of repetitive tasks.
- More data entry on systems to do with the companies inventory, the companies online phone portal, their package tracking system which you won't even get to play with, you'll only get to add the android devices on.
- Deal with angry staff with actual IT issues coming in and not having any resources to help them(e.g "can you fix my laptop", sorry we don't have a server that can do that on site)

If you do however work in a supermarket and wish to change roles to have a change and like doing bad tasks which don't involve IT, then join Amazon Logistics. They pay well but expect a poor career and social life.

However though operations is the exciting part of the business, seeing how past the parcels can come from the fulfilment centre to a delivery depot ready for drivers to ship all within less than 24 hours. – less
A GOOD COMPANY
Customer Sales Executive (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APNovember 23, 2014
Pros: free transport
Cons: incentives
AKE US TO WORK IN NIGHT SHIFTS. GIVES GOOD PAY WITH LESS TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE. WHAT I LEARNT AT AMAZON IS TO COMMUNICATE TO SPEAK TO LEARN. OVERALL A GOOD COMPANY.
Good
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APNovember 22, 2014
Good Company.
Nice place to work and learn.
Great learning experience.
One year plus
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 22, 2014
Pros: fast pace, smart people
Cons: lack of company wide direction, no life balance, aggressive vs. collaborative
Amazon takes a certain type of personality to succeed. They may be customer focused but not employee focused. No support for career growth. Areasthe business is not focused on tend to struggle. Not a fun place to work.
An ok place to work. They had music, if you were close enough to hear it.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Hebron, KYNovember 21, 2014
Pros: excellent benefitsx
Cons: management
Get to work, clock in and sort different items for 10 hours. Clock out and go home. I learned that I don't like standing in one place all day. The management were polite but not sincere when they spoke to you. The co-workers were awesome people. The hardest part was just standing all day and not being recognized for a job well done.
Good place to work,
Data Operations, Special Projects Manager (Former Employee), ManassasNovember 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no answer
Management and operations personal need addition training as technologies changes,
Rewarding work environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 21, 2014
Dynamic and high volume work environment. My co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job. Learned about multiple facets of the Data Center world. Cross training with the IT and controls sides of the house. Exposure to some of the most cutting edge technology in the industry.
Its a fast paced, goal oriented and employee friendly workplace
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 21, 2014
Its a fast paced, goal oriented and employee friendly workplace
Fast track promotions, poor work life balance
Area Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 21, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: no work life balance, poor culture
The culture is if you are not happy with your job there are 20 more in line for it and it shows. 13 hour days, contradictions in priorities set by management, some sites have great culture others have very poor culture.

Cut throat environment.
Unappreciated Job.
Driver (Former Employee), CroydonNovember 21, 2014
I worked for Amazon with all the promises of being rewarded with substantial payments for overtime etc; Did this occur?? NO!! You start with a good work load and then the number of drops increases and increases and you put in about 15 to 16 hours daily and not get paid for the extra hours that you work!!!! There is also the no return with undelivered – more... packages!!!! – less
possitive but the manager sucks
Driver / labourer (Former Employee), mile endNovember 20, 2014
i was a great job, made great freinds but not great freinds with the higher workers.
productive and fast pace work Environment
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Carlisle, PANovember 20, 2014
I enjoyed my time working at Amazon when I am able to return I will reapply not a day laterI I enjoyed the fast pace working environment and the people. I also would recommend anybody to apply to the company.
About Amazon
Stower (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 20, 2014
Pros: three breaks a day, health care benifits, always had job openings
Cons: point system, time cunsuming not ment to have a family if work nights
Amazon was a really great experience . It was very fast pace from day to day. Great exercise. Would walk up to 6 to 9 miles a day. Everyone was very helpful and fun. We would listen to music every day at stand up before we started our shift and when we came back from lunch to give us motivation and a pick me up. It was loud also. some places you were – more... not able to walk threw without ear plugs. It taught me a lot and I greatly appreciated the work experience. – less
The wrong people in key positions
Fullfilment Associate (Current Employee), Southern CaliforniaNovember 20, 2014
Pros: benefits from day one
Cons: cookie cutter management. they all tell you the same shhtuff word for word
I have nothing really positive to say.I have only seen the terminal manager about five times or less sense I got hired . And the open door policy is a joke to say the least. If you ask any questions the management team dances around the answers which tells you that they are clueless, the scary part is they all have degrees. And the co-workers who do – more... move up are the friends or favorites of the managers. When you inform a manager of an issue they just shrugs their shoulders and pass you on to another manager who does the same, or their favorite move is to tell you that they will look into it and get back to you. Over all , this is a meat market for the children that work there and supplement income for those ready to retire. However, for those caught in the middle like me .......lesson learned.One team one dream my a55. – less
Terrible Self-Employed Agency staff
Multi-Drop Driver (Former Employee), BOW LondonNovember 19, 2014
Pros: job experience
Cons: almost everything else
APLE low wages dodgy compulsory accountant 70 per day 55 after tax for 10hours. If you take the van home APLE charges you for petrol. On top of that if you break the speed limit you get fined half a day wages.
Superb company to work for if you like being a slave.
180+ packages
140+ drops per day
If your lucky enough to finish early be prepared to help – more... out other slower drivers. Even though at the interview process they promise you 10 hours pay and you can go early when you finish your route. – less
Expects high numbers and poor training
Associate (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYNovember 19, 2014
While working at amazon I was offered a promotion and while I was waiting for my dept and to be trained they fired me because the wear house was too full. They know they are too full and still expect workers to meet high production numbers
A great experience and opportunity but Amazon is not for everyone
Program Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 19, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Amazon but I did not feel that Amazon was a long-term career for me. The main reason is that Seattle is too far from home and there are no opportunities to relocate to my hometown with Amazon. The second reason is that the work/life balance can be extremely challenging, especially during Peak. I have always worked hard and – more... put in the hours but Amazon was on another level - a level I was not willing to commit to for the long-term. – less
Avoid the Control Systems Specialist Position
Control Systems Specialist (Former Employee), DuPontNovember 18, 2014
Cons: everything
The controls are garbage, the conveyors are garbage (from Dematic) The ladder code is an incredibly confusing hairball of Add-On-Instructions, AOI's some of which are embedded 3 deep. They use Message instructions for interlocking controllers instead of Produced/Consumed tags.
You can't change the code without a lengthy change process
You have to wear – more... a complete arc flash protection suit to even open a panel.
The 'safety' is ridiculous & more about empire building than safety
The managers are complete jerks
Avoid at all costs especially if you are a controls engineer used to working productively – less
Amazon?
Picker (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaNovember 18, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks, long hours, couldnt listen to music
Its slave work. & I would just walk 20 miles a shift with few breaks.
Picking orders and making sure the trucks made it out on time.
Order Picker (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits and hourly pay
Cons: got rid of free meals
I enjoyed my co-workers and being able to go out everyday I worked and just be on my own and pick orders at a rate per hour.

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more