Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Amazon
Picker/Stower (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC16 June 2017
Working in amazon is great. Great people and great work, but favoritism is seen there. They don't give equal opportunities to other people. They tend to favor a certain batch of people.
It's fun working at Amazon and finding new opportunity. People find their growth and learn something new with the time.
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 June 2017
Working at Amazon is like you are learning something new on daily basis. It's simply easy to work and working schedule is little different than other industries which is beneficial for employees.
Pros
Good pay rate, other benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Productive and Good working environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 June 2017
The working environment was very good and productive. the team is very supportive. Salary benefits are good. The work you are assigned to is always according to your area of strength and you are always given new opportunities to learn something new.
Work life not great, too much of a hassle
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 June 2017
Work is better operating a machine and not working in the aisles. If you get hired, they have good benefits and pay, amazing benefits but should be greatly qualified.
fun place to work at
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC6 June 2017
i really enjoyed working there, met new people, worked as a team very well. the hardest thing probably for me working there was that it was graveyard shift which is really hard, even if you are busy all night long.
good place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2017
excellent human resource department well manage and safe production area, diverse community and good workplace environment, it is hard to walk for the entire shift 10hrs a day but i think it is the nature of work and should deal with it. i just have to move to another location that's why i left Amazon.
Warehouse shipping clerk
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 June 2017
Good pay and benefits. Community was very close knit, knew a lot of people by the time I quit. Managers were very understanding and helped out whenever there were problems. Work ranged from very easy to moving heavy boxes depending on the days needs. Lots of walking/standing up is required for almost the entire day.
Pros
Good starting pay/benefits
Cons
Harder to move up in the company
Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2017
This company is good for people who want to stay on and grow
Lot of benefit by the company like paying for education after one year of service
Company is strict on performance but that is bound to be as it is customer eccentric organization hence they will like to go extra mile
You are able to sit only during your breaks hence you need to be physically strong
Promotion available to those who are good in performance and willing to grow
Pros
Just that long standing or walking time
Cons
Good culture and organisation, it not typical warehouse job
Agency sucked
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2017
Amazon was a great community, however working through the agency provided no job security and no benefits. We were constantly threatened with "points" going towards being let go, including requesting a sick day or going to a doctor.
Pros
Free lunches, raffles, nice management
Cons
Hard work, long hours
Productive and full of challenge
Full Stack Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 May 2017
Productive and full of challenge and in AWS, too much on call operational work and not well work life balance.

Some managers are stupid and not fully understand how manage their teams.
fun workplace
F/T Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Steels and hertiage RD22 May 2017
Great place to work, meet a lot of people. Benefits and pay is pretty great too! everybody helps you get through the process and it gets easier for you if you're new. Great opportunities
bad
Warehouse Associate - F/T (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KY18 May 2017
terrible management, okay job with great hours. expected to do more than what you're paid for. not long breaks at all, they like to cut short of the minimum
Pros
great hours
Cons
bad management
Good not Bad
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
Great culture good people
have a lot of resources
innovative
flexible, inclusive
different groups have different expectations managers all judge on different criteria - negative also the same for comparisons with team
Pros
culture, pay
Cons
expecations
good atmosphere of workplace and have games to reduce work stress
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2017
this company is very good and give good pay rate .I worked there for 4 months and I never felt bored or under pressure. the timing of breaks is also very good.
Unsafe and unprofessional
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON10 May 2017
the workplace is incredibly unsafe, fire exits constantly blocked by pallets stacked over 6 ft. causing you to find another if there were a fire alarm. managers were very young and promoted only attractive girls, and after you call that out you will be targeted and singled out causing any associates to have no voice for themselves.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Managers were very Immature and young
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 May 2017
I earned sufficient money to fulfill my basic needs myself. It helps to increase my financial level. It is the one of the famous company in the North America. I am very happy that i worked in a a warehouse. I never expected in my life before.
great place
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2017
Is an amazing place great people. really busy enviroment would love to go back there, only problem monthley contracts so you never know when you may loose your job
productive and fun workplace
Customer Services Associate (Former Employee) –  montego bay7 May 2017
Working as a customer service agent helps me to realize what is the customer needs and wants. also to help satisfied their needs and solving their problem. In solving their needs it makes my work easier with other customer how to resolve fast .The hardest part of the the job is when you don't know what to do in getting the issue resolve . The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leave happy that make me happy also. Finally with all the experience it make me realize that i can get the job done as fast as possible and make me become a better person.
Pros
free lunch
big big productivity
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Daventry, UK6 May 2017
what can i say ....i m happy to work at amazon,for me it's one good place to work ,hard long hours but good rate with hours overtime,after 50 hours is double :)
Pros
coffe machines free, table tennis big place to eat :)
Cons
some manager and team leader are young and push target to ....impossible
Dont do it !!
Warehouse Associate outbound (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC5 May 2017
I had been working there for almost 3 years and I'll tell you it's the worst job I've ever had.

Maybe its different at other Amazon warehouses
(I bloody hope)

Lots of favoritism, long hours, unrealistic rates per hour for productivity and quality and they change it ALL the time .(making the expected rate higher)

Injuries including work related injuries are treated as inconvenience's.

All I'm going to say is, most of the associates who have been there 3-4 years and who were all amazing associates and great co workers, all quit. Due to new system upgrades, new management and again favoritism .

What they don't get, is that the warehouse was an amazing work atmosphere prior to their "amazing sizemic upgrade" (construction upgrade) but ofcourse no one cares how the associates feel; just that they can meet more buisness needs.

The hours are long and emotionally and physically draining. They promise cross training (lies)There's not one associate who isn't exhausted or in pain throughout the day let alone the week .

Ridiculous attendance policies (point system)
2 doctors notes /year
1 doc note /yr if you're a temp.
Just don't do it . Please don't do it . You'll hate it I
promise !

Not like other warehouses; no phones allowed, no talking. Kind of dramatic, but YOU WILL be just a number to your PAs or managers. And really, they don't care ! And the only time they do is when u address them about it and you have to be agressive or they will not care ( sucks to say, but you'll see that it's true)

Every day I went to work , the older associates
  more... all told me " you work at a place like this ONLY when u don't have a choice". I was always advised to quit and find something else. And I'm Advising whoever sees this . Don't do it. It's not worth it.  less
Pros
Amazing co workers! Some of the best people youll ever meet, two 30 min breaks, HRs cool .
Cons
Management, rates, long hours, favoritism, unreliable, ew ew ew .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.