Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Productive and full of challenge
Full Stack Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 May 2017
Productive and full of challenge and in AWS, too much on call operational work and not well work life balance.

Some managers are stupid and not fully understand how manage their teams.
fun workplace
F/T Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Steels and hertiage RD22 May 2017
Great place to work, meet a lot of people. Benefits and pay is pretty great too! everybody helps you get through the process and it gets easier for you if you're new. Great opportunities
bad
Warehouse Associate - F/T (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KY18 May 2017
terrible management, okay job with great hours. expected to do more than what you're paid for. not long breaks at all, they like to cut short of the minimum
Pros
great hours
Cons
bad management
Good not Bad
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
Great culture good people
have a lot of resources
innovative
flexible, inclusive
different groups have different expectations managers all judge on different criteria - negative also the same for comparisons with team
Pros
culture, pay
Cons
expecations
good atmosphere of workplace and have games to reduce work stress
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2017
this company is very good and give good pay rate .I worked there for 4 months and I never felt bored or under pressure. the timing of breaks is also very good.
Unsafe and unprofessional
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON10 May 2017
the workplace is incredibly unsafe, fire exits constantly blocked by pallets stacked over 6 ft. causing you to find another if there were a fire alarm. managers were very young and promoted only attractive girls, and after you call that out you will be targeted and singled out causing any associates to have no voice for themselves.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Managers were very Immature and young
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 May 2017
I earned sufficient money to fulfill my basic needs myself. It helps to increase my financial level. It is the one of the famous company in the North America. I am very happy that i worked in a a warehouse. I never expected in my life before.
great place
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2017
Is an amazing place great people. really busy enviroment would love to go back there, only problem monthley contracts so you never know when you may loose your job
productive and fun workplace
Customer Services Associate (Former Employee) –  montego bay7 May 2017
Working as a customer service agent helps me to realize what is the customer needs and wants. also to help satisfied their needs and solving their problem. In solving their needs it makes my work easier with other customer how to resolve fast .The hardest part of the the job is when you don't know what to do in getting the issue resolve . The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leave happy that make me happy also. Finally with all the experience it make me realize that i can get the job done as fast as possible and make me become a better person.
Pros
free lunch
big big productivity
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Daventry, UK6 May 2017
what can i say ....i m happy to work at amazon,for me it's one good place to work ,hard long hours but good rate with hours overtime,after 50 hours is double :)
Pros
coffe machines free, table tennis big place to eat :)
Cons
some manager and team leader are young and push target to ....impossible
Dont do it !!
Warehouse Associate outbound (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC5 May 2017
I had been working there for almost 3 years and I'll tell you it's the worst job I've ever had.

Maybe its different at other Amazon warehouses
(I bloody hope)

Lots of favoritism, long hours, unrealistic rates per hour for productivity and quality and they change it ALL the time .(making the expected rate higher)

Injuries including work related injuries are treated as inconvenience's.

All I'm going to say is, most of the associates who have been there 3-4 years and who were all amazing associates and great co workers, all quit. Due to new system upgrades, new management and again favoritism .

What they don't get, is that the warehouse was an amazing work atmosphere prior to their "amazing sizemic upgrade" (construction upgrade) but ofcourse no one cares how the associates feel; just that they can meet more buisness needs.

The hours are long and emotionally and physically draining. They promise cross training (lies)There's not one associate who isn't exhausted or in pain throughout the day let alone the week .

Ridiculous attendance policies (point system)
2 doctors notes /year
1 doc note /yr if you're a temp.
Just don't do it . Please don't do it . You'll hate it I
promise !

Not like other warehouses; no phones allowed, no talking. Kind of dramatic, but YOU WILL be just a number to your PAs or managers. And really, they don't care ! And the only time they do is when u address them about it and you have to be agressive or they will not care ( sucks to say, but you'll see that it's true)

Every day I went to work , the older associates
  more... all told me " you work at a place like this ONLY when u don't have a choice". I was always advised to quit and find something else. And I'm Advising whoever sees this . Don't do it. It's not worth it.  less
Pros
Amazing co workers! Some of the best people youll ever meet, two 30 min breaks, HRs cool .
Cons
Management, rates, long hours, favoritism, unreliable, ew ew ew .
Amazon fulfillment centre - warehouse job
General Labour (Former Employee) –  8050 heritage road, brampton3 May 2017
Inbound - stocking items by using Rf scanner and computer,
Fill each and every stations with stocking items and inventory control by using pump truck
Outbound - rebining (stockings iteams from line on location and available them for packaging) and packaging
Pallets making and wrapping
fast paced even for a night shift
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2017
fast paced environment where walking multiple kilometers per day was the norm. Rates at which staff were meant to follow were reasonable and doable with some focus and brisk walking.
good workplace
packer, simplbin counter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 May 2017
one day during boxing day i am asked for overtime then it's good opportunity for me work over there and earn money. I go to work and did my well . Music was playing in background and i am enjoying doing work and listening music.
Pros
good environment
Cons
no cons
If you don't have a drive/need to excel, you won't succeed here.
Warehouse worker/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON30 April 2017
The worst thing about working here is the lack of job security if you're a picker/packer. Within a month, you have a limit of misplacing 3 items, then you get a warning and eventually fired. In a typical hour I was picking 60-80 items, in a day it was 540 items (10 hour days), and more than 10,000 in a month. The 3 item limit is stupid...

In an average day you will be on your feet standing the entire time, which you'll get used to in 2 weeks. They are always hiring more people because most end up quitting within the month. I loved working in this place because I'm not much of a people's person and I love walking. If you do the job without complaining, they'll love you and eventually offer you a permanent job.
Pros
Amazing cafeteria, amazing co-workers
Cons
Long-hours, 3 item limit to misplacing an item.
Challenging opportunities, constant learning and autonomous culture
Group Manager - Customer Service (CS) Operations (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, andhra pradesh30 April 2017
Group Manager roles encompasses people management, operations and process improvement. Amazon is great place to work as it provides ownership at individual level and allows risk-tasking decisions.
Wok and fun at the same place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto Gore, ON29 April 2017
I worked only for a few months but it became like my second home with the same amount of care and professionalism. I never wanted to leave amazon but for my studies, it made me resign. Hope I'll get back there soon.
Pros
free transport
Cons
low salary
Micro-management. Terrible work life balance. Frustrating promotion path.
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 April 2017
The culture varies organization by organization. Generally it is expected to "work hard", maybe at least 50 hours a week (just work hard, even if what you do does not sound right to you). In my experience, I did not have any option to apply my ideas. Things were dictated to me by my manager in a very detailed manner. New ideas were ignored (not even criticized). Same with my career promotion process, in which I did not have any input.
Pros
Working with smart people
Cons
Long hours. Frustrating promotion path.
Best place to work at!
PROBLEM SOLVER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2017
Typical day at amazon included receiving, stowing products
The new heritage dc has minimum walking and light weighed products.
You may be surprised by small lunch parties that your manager might treat you with if you perform well
Productive and fun at work place
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON24 April 2017
Fun at work place. Management team are friendly. Good benefits. Work environment is really great. Long shift. Salary is a bit less when compared to the competitors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.