Amazon.com Employee Reviews in Canada

fun work place.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2016
It was always a good shift. I respected the work place very much. I had a very normal day shift, and very typical work. it was a lonely job to work cause I started talking to the books. that was the hardest part.
fun worklace
Process Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 28, 2016
working hours are 10 hour a day
fun activities
leared leadership skills
co workers are nice and friendly
the most enjoybale part of the job is work under pressure
Fast pace but interesting job
Coach/Assistant Supervisor - Fulfillment Centre (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2016
I was their Coach/Assistant Supervisor. I used to do coaching, mentoring,producing performance metrics for the associate. I did problem solving, audits.
I have nothing bad to really say
Onsite Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2016
High pressure work enviorment, but can be some what borring at times poor hours and managemnet, which leads to poor work life balance.
Nice warehouse
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCApril 5, 2016
the staff at Amazon were friendly made some good contacts working there was easy to learn the job quiclky only problem was wearing those steel toed boots
Great opportunity to learn customer service
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 29, 2016
I particularly enjoyed dealing with new customer each day. Also, helping customers gave me so much peace of mind. Furthermore, it was in my local vicinity so commute was easy.
A typical Fulfilment Center
Associate (Former Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 21, 2015
Not a place to build a career. Depending on the nature of your job, it could be very monotonous in nature and with little work-life balance.
Pros
Good for resume
Cons
Not a long term career option
Free coffee and clean lunch room. Friendly employees.
Picker-Packer (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCJanuary 8, 2016
There is always good hot coffee in a clean lunch room. Friendly employees come from different counties.
My job is a standard warehouse environment with fast pace requirement, standardized as well. I loved this standard job, as it is clear instruction, standard scanner job.
Pros
On bus routine.
Cons
Seasonal job.
Fun place to work at
Admin Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 28, 2015
Amazon is an amzing place to work at,very caring about the employee and HR is so efficient as they always stand by your side
Pros
pays
Fast Pace and Fun at times with a Fun Room at Break time
Dock Clerk/Heavy Equipment Trainer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Love the Experience at Amazon,its making me to be a more responsible and more manageable person. My Managers have a lot of trust and confidence in me and my work performance
Pros
fun games and free liunches from time to time...
Cons
Long Hours from time to time..
Fun workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 2, 2016
Great experience. Learned alot from amazon. Love to work again over there. Dedicated person willing to work and provide my commitment
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Overtime
Fast Pace Production Line Work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2016
It has been fast pace production line work. You cant stay away for moment.
Both packaging and receiving at a time has been hard, but by seeing others and experiencing yourself, it becomes easy and you enjoy the work.
Don't waste your time, not even worth a star at all!
Elf, Robot (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCFebruary 23, 2016
I was employed as an elf, sorry, 'associate'!, leading up to the 2015 Christmas period. The constant pressure to meet their ridiculous requirements, long hours, unreasonable pay and constant performance pressures and competition against everyone else to gain full employment and a 'Blue badge' is never ending and very unpleasant. Seriously the worst place I've ever worked at and the worst pays in my life! Forget statutory holidays such as Thanksgiving as they will require you to work as a slave regardless if it falls on your scheduled shift. You won't be paid any differently as a normal day but possibly given a piece of pumpkin pie for your efforts of sacrificing your rare time you should be spending with your family.

Seriously don't waste your time even if it sounds appealing! You're much better off looking elsewhere especially if you want to be treated like a human, paid like a human and have the entitlements that everyone so greatly deserves and have fought for, then treated like a machine or robot.

They seem concerned for safety but that's thrown out the window when you're required to pick, pack, bend, lift and squat at speeds that will never be safe to do so. You'll be constantly moved around from picking, packing, shipping, receiving, re-stocking, and back and forth various roles and parts of the monstrous warehouse that brings no satisfaction, enjoyment or consistency. You'll also be required to walk, well speed walk, 15-20km's a day in steel toed/ safety boots which will make your feet and legs ache like never before.

Watch out for employment opportunities through
  more... SMX or affiliate labour hire companies as they deliberately don't advertise under the Amazon umbrella. You won't know this until you visit one of their temporary sites, usually set up leading up to peak seasons, and walk through the door when seeking employment. If you realize this walk straight back out and don't look back.  less
Pros
Absolutely nothing at all
Cons
So many it's ridiculous
Was difficult to obtain a work/life balance.
Collate Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton WarehouseFebruary 29, 2016
A great place for people starting out in the workforce. Good team atmosphere. Safety of the associates was a very high priority.
Favoritism at workplace,
Fulfillment associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCFebruary 6, 2016
Favorite pets are valued most. Nothing is paid for high productivity. Frustration is the only feeling you carry home after working at this warehouse
Pros
Nice marketing strategies
Cons
many
very productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCDecember 27, 2015
Very energetic and productive work environment
learned many technical and non technical concepts of amazon
very supportive and helping co workers over there
Good place for a temporary work position
Administrative Assistant-Imaging and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 1, 2015
If you are transitioning from school to a career job, and are currently unemployed, this is a good temporary job. However, the pay is not the best, and opportunities for growth are few and far between in the department I work in. Good work environment, with high regard for work place safety.
productive
Outbound Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 5, 2015
management is nice ,listen to employees. hardest part of the job is the targets per hour. some times it is hard to meet them,
learn so many things
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2015
i always started my day with a thought that today i will learn new things and show good productivity,our management was good and very helpfull.my co-workers were loving and always keen to help eac hothers..hardwest part was leaving job and my co-workers,enjoyable moment was luckydraw in best attendence.which i got
Pros
free coffe, snacks, holiday meal and
Cons
long hours, donot have job security
fun workplace with videogame csnter and ping pong table
Inound picker (Current Employee) –  missisauga onSeptember 21, 2015
long very busy but fun day.. i learned how to use RF scanner. management is very nice. co workers are great people and very helpful. hardest part of the job is standing for 10 hours a day since the warehouse is huge.