Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Free coffee and clean lunch room. Friendly employees.
Picker-Packer (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCJanuary 8, 2016
There is always good hot coffee in a clean lunch room. Friendly employees come from different counties.
My job is a standard warehouse environment with fast pace requirement, standardized as well. I loved this standard job, as it is clear instruction, standard scanner job.
Pros
On bus routine.
Cons
Seasonal job.
Great temp co-workers, horrible management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 14, 2015
Loved working with my temp co-workers and making jokes during mandatory break times since most of the work outside of break time was independent. Leadership is not very caring or understanding if you are injured. If they deem your injury so severe that you can't work, they find some other reason to fire you that is completely bogus. The work itself was easy, but the physical toll is not worth the pay. There is zero room for growth and no job security.
Pros
free lunches, great temp co-workers, 4 day work week
Cons
10 hour shifts, leadership with no empathy
I have nothing bad to really say
Onsite Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2016
High pressure work enviorment, but can be some what borring at times poor hours and managemnet, which leads to poor work life balance.
productive, fun work place amazing people
order picker (Former Employee) –  newestminster bcJanuary 18, 2016
i loved working with amazon . the people were amazing and the work flow was great. the only down side was the long hours. The management was very good and they helped with a lot of questions that i had and they helped with anything that i needed.
Pros
free lunches
fun work place.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2016
It was always a good shift. I respected the work place very much. I had a very normal day shift, and very typical work. it was a lonely job to work cause I started talking to the books. that was the hardest part.
friendly people and made peak fun
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONFebruary 16, 2016
My co workers at amazon wear great and friendly just like most of the management. The work was never to much or overwhelming because the workplace itself was very organized and everything seemed to run smoothly.
Great opportunity to learn customer service
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 29, 2016
I particularly enjoyed dealing with new customer each day. Also, helping customers gave me so much peace of mind. Furthermore, it was in my local vicinity so commute was easy.
Fast Pace Production Line Work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2016
It has been fast pace production line work. You cant stay away for moment.
Both packaging and receiving at a time has been hard, but by seeing others and experiencing yourself, it becomes easy and you enjoy the work.
Nice warehouse
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCApril 5, 2016
the staff at Amazon were friendly made some good contacts working there was easy to learn the job quiclky only problem was wearing those steel toed boots
Favoritism at workplace,
Fulfillment associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCFebruary 6, 2016
Favorite pets are valued most. Nothing is paid for high productivity. Frustration is the only feeling you carry home after working at this warehouse
Pros
Nice marketing strategies
Cons
many
HIgh energy environment with low pay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Amazon fulfillment (brampton)November 9, 2015
I work in Amazon as Warehouse Associate The work is physically demanding. Pay is low. Overtime is mandatory. Felt like a robot. Breaks were short because it took time to walk from warehouse to break room.

(i want the management of Amazon do picking at least one month in a year then they will know why people have so much complained)
Pros
Order Picker
very tiresome and tough job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2015
if you are person who can walk non stop for upto 10 hours then you are made for this job. Almost 25-30 km of daily non stop fast paced walk will certainly peel your weight off but you will certainly be left with frequent foot ache.
Pros
frequent prize draws
Cons
long hours and non stop walk.
Fun workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 2, 2016
Great experience. Learned alot from amazon. Love to work again over there. Dedicated person willing to work and provide my commitment
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Overtime
Was difficult to obtain a work/life balance.
Collate Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton WarehouseFebruary 29, 2016
A great place for people starting out in the workforce. Good team atmosphere. Safety of the associates was a very high priority.
Fast paced - great fellow associates - great benefits - fun Zone
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Delta B.COctober 9, 2015
Typical day would be fast paced, new requests coming at you from all department equally urgent.

What I learned at Amazon is to prioritize in order of importance and schedule everything you need to do for the following day in your calendar, else you would never get any thing accomplished - starting everything and finishing nothing.

Co-workers at Amazon are what made the job fun, cooperative, hard working and always willing to help one another.

Hardest part of my job is leaving, don't want to, but need to pursue a new career.
Pros
cultural days, treats of the world, family BBQ's
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Amazon Policy: work hard, have fun and make history
Customer Returns PROCESS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ONDecember 5, 2015
Amazon is a hard work place but it is fun to work with the best team: Customer Returns, I learned how to work in a warehouse for a company that take care 100% of the customers.
Pros
Montly Bonus and benefits
very productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCDecember 27, 2015
Very energetic and productive work environment
learned many technical and non technical concepts of amazon
very supportive and helping co workers over there
Clearly and consistently demonstrates extraordinary and exceptionalaccomplishments in all major areas of responsibility
RF Scanner & Picker (Former Employee) –  MissisaugaOctober 19, 2015
Accomplishments are well beyond reasonable, but demanding standards of performance, especially in the key areas of responsibility.
Fast Pace and Fun at times with a Fun Room at Break time
Dock Clerk/Heavy Equipment Trainer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Love the Experience at Amazon,its making me to be a more responsible and more manageable person. My Managers have a lot of trust and confidence in me and my work performance
Pros
fun games and free liunches from time to time...
Cons
Long Hours from time to time..
Good place for a temporary work position
Administrative Assistant-Imaging and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 1, 2015
If you are transitioning from school to a career job, and are currently unemployed, this is a good temporary job. However, the pay is not the best, and opportunities for growth are few and far between in the department I work in. Good work environment, with high regard for work place safety.