Amazon.com Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work if....
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCMarch 9, 2016
This company wants nothing but the best staff. They are a numbers based company. They want you to hit your rate every single week. It took me a couple months to get my groove as a white badge (SMX) before I got better and I eventually after six months of getting my conversion letter and then becoming a blue badge. The managers are committed, passionate people who want you to succeed along with the HR team. My advice to those who are considering applying at SMX or Amazon directly is this. If you have stellar work ethic, you're good with a people and you care about customer service you'll be fine here. BUT. on that note:

Yes, you will have to work 10 hour shifts.
Yes, they are a numbers driven company.
Yes, you will have to walk A LOT.
Yes, it's a competitive environment.
Yes, your RATES do matter.
Yes, your QUALITY matters.
Yes, your managers DO pay attention to your performance.
Yes, there are opportunities to grow.
Yes, there is Mandatory Overtime.

If you work hard, you'll have no problem here. If not, you may not get the result you want. Nothing comes free here. Leadership won't give you a blue badge because you give minimum effort and a mediocre attitude.
Pros
Great HR team, Great Managers, Opportunities to Grow, Good Co-Workers
Cons
Mandatory Overtime sometimes comes unexpectedly. (Flexibility is a must here)
Fun workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 2, 2016
Great experience. Learned alot from amazon. Love to work again over there. Dedicated person willing to work and provide my commitment
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Overtime
Great opportunity to learn customer service
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 29, 2016
I particularly enjoyed dealing with new customer each day. Also, helping customers gave me so much peace of mind. Furthermore, it was in my local vicinity so commute was easy.
Was difficult to obtain a work/life balance.
Collate Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton WarehouseFebruary 29, 2016
A great place for people starting out in the workforce. Good team atmosphere. Safety of the associates was a very high priority.
Don't waste your time, not even worth a star at all!
Elf, Robot (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCFebruary 23, 2016
I was employed as an elf, sorry, 'associate'!, leading up to the 2015 Christmas period. The constant pressure to meet their ridiculous requirements, long hours, unreasonable pay and constant performance pressures and competition against everyone else to gain full employment and a 'Blue badge' is never ending and very unpleasant. Seriously the worst place I've ever worked at and the worst pays in my life! Forget statutory holidays such as Thanksgiving as they will require you to work as a slave regardless if it falls on your scheduled shift. You won't be paid any differently as a normal day but possibly given a piece of pumpkin pie for your efforts of sacrificing your rare time you should be spending with your family.

Seriously don't waste your time even if it sounds appealing! You're much better off looking elsewhere especially if you want to be treated like a human, paid like a human and have the entitlements that everyone so greatly deserves and have fought for, then treated like a machine or robot.

They seem concerned for safety but that's thrown out the window when you're required to pick, pack, bend, lift and squat at speeds that will never be safe to do so. You'll be constantly moved around from picking, packing, shipping, receiving, re-stocking, and back and forth various roles and parts of the monstrous warehouse that brings no satisfaction, enjoyment or consistency. You'll also be required to walk, well speed walk, 15-20km's a day in steel toed/ safety boots which will make your feet and legs ache like never before.

Watch out for employment opportunities through
  more... SMX or affiliate labour hire companies as they deliberately don't advertise under the Amazon umbrella. You won't know this until you visit one of their temporary sites, usually set up leading up to peak seasons, and walk through the door when seeking employment. If you realize this walk straight back out and don't look back.  less
Pros
Absolutely nothing at all
Cons
So many it's ridiculous
friendly people and made peak fun
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONFebruary 16, 2016
My co workers at amazon wear great and friendly just like most of the management. The work was never to much or overwhelming because the workplace itself was very organized and everything seemed to run smoothly.
Fast Pace Production Line Work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2016
It has been fast pace production line work. You cant stay away for moment.
Both packaging and receiving at a time has been hard, but by seeing others and experiencing yourself, it becomes easy and you enjoy the work.
Worst place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Besides the long hours, the culture is very poor. The only thing that matter is the numbers not the people. I won't recommend no anyone who has a little of respect for a human being to work in this place. The management most likely are people just graduated from University or MBA Programs, they are smart but unfortunately most of them doesnt have people skills, no experience at all developing people. They have a lot of technology, but unfortunately most of the reports are unaccurate. It was a very sad experience for me to discover what it is behind this great company.
Pros
Free lunches
Favoritism at workplace,
Fulfillment associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCFebruary 6, 2016
Favorite pets are valued most. Nothing is paid for high productivity. Frustration is the only feeling you carry home after working at this warehouse
Pros
Nice marketing strategies
Cons
many
productive, fun work place amazing people
order picker (Former Employee) –  newestminster bcJanuary 18, 2016
i loved working with amazon . the people were amazing and the work flow was great. the only down side was the long hours. The management was very good and they helped with a lot of questions that i had and they helped with anything that i needed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Free coffee and clean lunch room. Friendly employees.
Picker-Packer (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCJanuary 8, 2016
There is always good hot coffee in a clean lunch room. Friendly employees come from different counties.
My job is a standard warehouse environment with fast pace requirement, standardized as well. I loved this standard job, as it is clear instruction, standard scanner job.
Pros
On bus routine.
Cons
Seasonal job.
Productive supervisors and managers are very suportive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCDecember 30, 2015
I learned how to used RF gun scanner and towing
I learned how I managed my time when I was assigned in gift wrapping and towing.

I enjoyed working with my co- workers so much fun
Hardest time when I don't know where I place my stuff
because all shelves was occupied. I was sad because my speed was suddenly down.

Free Dinner when we have an over time and bonus and raffle draw
for the most speed worker.
Pros
Free Pizza for dinner and warm up before and after work
Cons
very productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCDecember 27, 2015
Very energetic and productive work environment
learned many technical and non technical concepts of amazon
very supportive and helping co workers over there
Great temp co-workers, horrible management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 14, 2015
Loved working with my temp co-workers and making jokes during mandatory break times since most of the work outside of break time was independent. Leadership is not very caring or understanding if you are injured. If they deem your injury so severe that you can't work, they find some other reason to fire you that is completely bogus. The work itself was easy, but the physical toll is not worth the pay. There is zero room for growth and no job security.
Pros
free lunches, great temp co-workers, 4 day work week
Cons
10 hour shifts, leadership with no empathy
Amazon Policy: work hard, have fun and make history
Customer Returns PROCESS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ONDecember 5, 2015
Amazon is a hard work place but it is fun to work with the best team: Customer Returns, I learned how to work in a warehouse for a company that take care 100% of the customers.
Pros
Montly Bonus and benefits
very tiresome and tough job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2015
if you are person who can walk non stop for upto 10 hours then you are made for this job. Almost 25-30 km of daily non stop fast paced walk will certainly peel your weight off but you will certainly be left with frequent foot ache.
Pros
frequent prize draws
Cons
long hours and non stop walk.
Fun place to work at
Admin Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 28, 2015
Amazon is an amzing place to work at,very caring about the employee and HR is so efficient as they always stand by your side
Pros
pays
Cons
productive,fun place,with all benefits medical and dental
Fulfilment Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 17, 2015
I am truly thrilled to be a part of amazon Canada and it s the place to work at.It s a fast paced,deadline oriented job and i love it,
benefits
Cons
night shifts
HIgh energy environment with low pay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Amazon fulfillment (brampton)November 9, 2015
I work in Amazon as Warehouse Associate The work is physically demanding. Pay is low. Overtime is mandatory. Felt like a robot. Breaks were short because it took time to walk from warehouse to break room.

(i want the management of Amazon do picking at least one month in a year then they will know why people have so much complained)
Pros
Order Picker
productive
Outbound Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 5, 2015
management is nice ,listen to employees. hardest part of the job is the targets per hour. some times it is hard to meet them,