Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Productive target driven environment.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 November 2016
Productive target driven environment.

Amazon Fulfillment is a great organization in which to learn warehouse operations.

Had the opportunity to work in Inbound, Outbound, Product Returns and Intercompany Transfers.

Also had the opportunity to train new Warehouse Associates.
Pros
Great organization to learn warehouse operations
Cons
Very large organization
i really like the challenging environment and job duties
Customer service representative /problem-solver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 November 2016
Management is very cooperative. I learnt lot. I develop my overall personality. Staff members are very friendly. Very positive environment.
Great workspace and work culture
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 November 2016
Before every shift began, they had a team huddle, where stretches took place and had work appreciation of different types. When work began, if you are working according to pace and show quality of work, no supervisor or any manager would come to disturb because all your work is system monitored and the supervisors have the access to all your work related data. There are awards to be won every week like, a Kindle Fire tablet, or a Fitbit, or a giftcard, for anybody who shows exceptional work ethics. Lunch room has many games like, ping-pong, XBOX, Play Station, air hockey, and such. Work environment is really nice considering the type of work it is. There are many rights, facilities, and proper gear, provided to you by Amazon, so you can do your work with ease and comfort and most importantly with respect. The hardest part of the job was wearing safety shoes the whole time and walking considerable distances due to the massive scale of the warehouse. The most enjoyable part of the work is the ability to work with the people you like and everything else.
Pros
work experience, occasional free lunches, respect, integrity, safety, hassle-free
Cons
safety shoes along with long walking distances, seasonal shopping craziness
It's a puppy mill, except for humans.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 November 2016
Don't feel like writing too much, but they treat you like you're nothing because they know there's another 100 of you waiting for the job. One side of the management has no clue what the other side is doing, no co-ordination.
Amazon
Overnight HR Ops Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 June 2016
10 hour shifts.
High turnovers.
Decent pay
Unhelpful HR staff
Uncaring management
This company is so customer driven that they completely do not care about the employees. If the employees are not happy, how can the company please the customer?
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours and limited shift options
Good environment to enhance your communication skills
Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 December 2016
Amazon is the best warehouse that i have worked with because it is fun while working, team work is excellent and good working condition.
Pros
Cheap Lunch
Cons
Long shift
Hard place to work, but people were awesome
Problem Solver Tier (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PA7 July 2016
Stress is what a typical day is made of, but you will learn a lot since you are in competition with everyone. The management is not that bad, the co-workers are always awesome.
Pros
good pay, learn a lot
Prepare to be a Robot
Coach/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 April 2016
This company is the most terrible company I have ever worked for and this is keeping in mind I worked as a coach/supervisor.

Hours are long 10 to 11 hours a day 4 days a week. You will be hired on as a temp worker to start no benefits etc. Overtime will be mandatory expect to work 60+ hours a week around Christmas so don't expect so see your family around the holidays or whenever they call for overtime to bad for you, expect to be pointed for missing days and let go if you miss more than 2 around Christmas.

Prepare to be a robot for everything you pick or do there is an expected rate based on the size of item EG 180 items per hour for smalls. The aisles are crowded and small in the larger items there is boxes all over the floor and items are stowed terribly. So good luck making your rate. If you are packing the equipment breaks half the time or the worker who is suppose to keep you supplied is busy talking to someone.

Oh best part during the middle of every week management sits together and reviews the workers rates. You get a lovely piece of paper to sign every week like a report card for adults you either made 100% or above or you didn't and you get a written warning get 3 written warnings and it's out the door for you. Oh did I mention hey is it your first week? Did you pick a wrong item or too many or too little expect a written for that as well. Make too many errors and you can be gone your first week.

As a coach/supervisor upper management was always on our case to be on the workers constantly harass them with rates and try and make them go faster even if
  more... they were 100% get them to go faster so they can raise the rates overall. A lot of times it was not the workers fault there was either a language barrier or their pick path was terrible but management never wanted to hear that it was always the workers fault though Amazons slogan is "Blame the process not the people"

I worked at the Brampton location 90% of the workers are Indian so if you are any other ethnicity good luck making any friends or having anyone to talk to. Most of the the workers speak Punjabi right in front of your face or to the other workers behind your back, even the mangers do it. Very few good people I met while working their and again I was a supervisor.

Amazon goes on and on about safety first .....in fact you will spend hours your first day learning about safety...what a joke amazon thinks you are a robot with no family expect to work long hours with low pay and to be called for overtime at any time.

I myself worked there for 1 1/2 years as a supervisor, things got slow so I was given the option to work nights as a temp worker or leave. A terrible heartless company that does not care about you or your family, there is little to no advancement unless your are Indian and suck up to the managers enough. STAY AWAY!!!!

Pros....... no overtime and benefits are good IF you can manage to get hired on and well good luck with that if you make too many errors, are sick too many days, or don't make rate it will never happen. Or well if they just don't like you.

Stay away from this company!!!!!
Pros
Benefits.....if you can get hired
Cons
Everything nothing good about this place
Enjoyed My Experience
Warehouse Worker (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON9 February 2017
I had a fun time working here! The machinery was easy to learn and they had a great training program in place. The workplace culture was very welcoming.
gud worplace nice environment
ship dock and packing (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 January 2017
nice environment for the job its real a good experience working in amazon. Everyone is friendly there. leaders were loyal and honest
there was a proper care for the employees.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
proper required time
Productive environment with a large team
Reciever / Dock Team (Former Employee) –  Annacis Island, BC13 October 2016
Very likeable work environment that focuses on teamwork and speed, allows for a lot of communication with coworkers, Management is very approachable and a very family lilke environment
Great Place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 February 2017
Great place to work, everyone is very friendly, training was smooth simple and informative. Supervisors are great and understanding, they are always there for assistance and listen to all your concerns.
Pros
Staff are nice and helpful
Cons
Hours could be short
Worst place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2016
Besides the long hours, the culture is very poor. The only thing that matter is the numbers not the people. I won't recommend no anyone who has a little of respect for a human being to work in this place. The management most likely are people just graduated from University or MBA Programs, they are smart but unfortunately most of them doesnt have people skills, no experience at all developing people. They have a lot of technology, but unfortunately most of the reports are unaccurate. It was a very sad experience for me to discover what it is behind this great company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Differnt areas and different people to see
Delivery Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Its good job to see different area and people every day. But in down town, its hard job because of traffic and parking problems.
Management and co-workers are good and always helping.
nice first experience
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2017
it was the only job I had in my real field. that's why i enjoyed it a lot and wanted to continue it but because of health problems at that time i had to left the job.
Its a fune and lively place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 December 2016
its a fun place to work and my co-worker are lively, but the workload is too much at the warehouse I will recommend this job for a male because you will be lifting throughout the shift
Excellent
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 January 2017
very safe and clean work environment. Very friendly staff. Clear division of work among various departments.
And among all the pay rate for the job was excellant.
Stowing Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC6 October 2016
Good place to work. I enjoyed working there and like the work culture. My job was stowing and organizing products into bins.
Pros
work culture
Fun place to work
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 October 2016
Best Security company ISA through which I worked in amazon. It was good job where I can work and study together. Nearest job to my house. Miss that place already.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
12 hour shift
effective and enjoy during breaks
packer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 October 2015
my work is quite good and PA and Managers are very co-operrative and helpful. there are lot of games in the break room that raise the competition. my coworkers are friendly. I am working in nightshift so sometimes feeling sleepy at the last hours of the job. my whole time of work is enjoyable. I love to to the work by heart.
Pros
games and free lunches, very quite and calm place, acer of safety
Cons
noting