Amazon.com Pay & Benefits reviews

productive and fast pace
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON23 September 2017
management was good.they need high ratings if we cannot do then one will be fired.salary is good but less as compared to rating expectations.first they give proper training after that one can start their job
Pros
games
Cons
rating
Easy to get hired untill you find the carrier you want
FC associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC13 September 2017
In all FC's the amount of work is unbalanced, area managers may put you on rate and work very hard to meet it, or they may put you in direct moving stuff around relaxing but it get boring after a while, rotation of jobs never happens no matter how many time you ask because the rate of quiting the jobs in first weeks very high and most associates quit like me get fed up and quit after a year or so. I don't recommend advancement or what they called it you getting same wage if you moving pallets around or problem solver which is very stressful job for most people, if you are lucky and get to process assistance position the amount of stress in this position not worth the money. In my FC driving pit is a must in bc min wage of driving pit same wage as process assistance however they justify low wage by having what they called great benefits its great in states but in canada all get basic healthcare and most other warehouses offer full package even the worse one offer extended heath package. If you have week to waste try it your self and see if you can have fun as Amazonian say
Pros
Benefits from day one piad trainning
Cons
Too many
Co-operative management
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2017
Management help in work. fun loving environment. good salary. encourage so much. very cooperative associates. provide everything at work for e.g medicines, snacks etc.
Pros
good salary
Cons
long Hours
we can make good money but they r very racist
stower and receiver (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 July 2017
they give so much of stress though if we r working too hard still they come to us for giving us bad review and they never appricate for doing good work
Amazon provides a stable work environment.
Outbound Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 June 2017
Amazon is a very good place to work for people who like working on a line or doing repetitive motions. Benefits are great and the management always welcomes new employees with open arms.
Good to work with.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
The company is good to work with. The company culture is cordial and perfect. The managers, coming from the same background(Mostly), are fun too work with.Fr
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
It's fun working at Amazon and finding new opportunity. People find their growth and learn something new with the time.
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 June 2017
Working at Amazon is like you are learning something new on daily basis. It's simply easy to work and working schedule is little different than other industries which is beneficial for employees.
Pros
Good pay rate, other benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Productive and Good working environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 June 2017
The working environment was very good and productive. the team is very supportive. Salary benefits are good. The work you are assigned to is always according to your area of strength and you are always given new opportunities to learn something new.
Work life not great, too much of a hassle
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 June 2017
Work is better operating a machine and not working in the aisles. If you get hired, they have good benefits and pay, amazing benefits but should be greatly qualified.
Warehouse shipping clerk
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 June 2017
Good pay and benefits. Community was very close knit, knew a lot of people by the time I quit. Managers were very understanding and helped out whenever there were problems. Work ranged from very easy to moving heavy boxes depending on the days needs. Lots of walking/standing up is required for almost the entire day.
Pros
Good starting pay/benefits
Cons
Harder to move up in the company
Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2017
This company is good for people who want to stay on and grow
Lot of benefit by the company like paying for education after one year of service
Company is strict on performance but that is bound to be as it is customer eccentric organization hence they will like to go extra mile
You are able to sit only during your breaks hence you need to be physically strong
Promotion available to those who are good in performance and willing to grow
Pros
Just that long standing or walking time
Cons
Good culture and organisation, it not typical warehouse job
Agency sucked
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2017
Amazon was a great community, however working through the agency provided no job security and no benefits. We were constantly threatened with "points" going towards being let go, including requesting a sick day or going to a doctor.
Pros
Free lunches, raffles, nice management
Cons
Hard work, long hours
fun workplace
F/T Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Steels and hertiage RD22 May 2017
Great place to work, meet a lot of people. Benefits and pay is pretty great too! everybody helps you get through the process and it gets easier for you if you're new. Great opportunities
bad
Warehouse Associate - F/T (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KY18 May 2017
terrible management, okay job with great hours. expected to do more than what you're paid for. not long breaks at all, they like to cut short of the minimum
Pros
great hours
Cons
bad management
good atmosphere of workplace and have games to reduce work stress
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2017
this company is very good and give good pay rate .I worked there for 4 months and I never felt bored or under pressure. the timing of breaks is also very good.
big big productivity
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Daventry, UK6 May 2017
what can i say ....i m happy to work at amazon,for me it's one good place to work ,hard long hours but good rate with hours overtime,after 50 hours is double :)
Pros
coffe machines free, table tennis big place to eat :)
Cons
some manager and team leader are young and push target to ....impossible
Wok and fun at the same place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto Gore, ON29 April 2017
I worked only for a few months but it became like my second home with the same amount of care and professionalism. I never wanted to leave amazon but for my studies, it made me resign. Hope I'll get back there soon.
Pros
free transport
Cons
low salary
Productive and fun at work place
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON24 April 2017
Fun at work place. Management team are friendly. Good benefits. Work environment is really great. Long shift. Salary is a bit less when compared to the competitors.
Fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 April 2017
Relaxing Work when delivering. No pressure and can move at own pace. Pay is well for students and full timers. Only con is having to wake up early to go to work.
Pros
pay
Cons
early hours
One of the best company to work with
TRANSPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  ON15 April 2017
I loved working in Amazon. I felt it was like my second home. Lot of opportunities. I have learned many things at work like people management, leadership skills , open to opinions , etc.

When it comes to management, everything is balanced and ocean of opportunities to work inside Amazon. Every person is given importance.

The hardest part of the job would be, getting a load of unexpected work to do. But at end it is worth the services and salary they pay. You must learn to balance work and personal time.

The most enjoyable part of work is you are open to free culture. where you have no dress code, you are allowed to give your opinion irrespective of you level in the firm. You get to have fun. As the quote states "work hard , have fun and make history" :)
Pros
fun as well as work. Balanced culture
Cons
Little pressure with deadlines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval