Amazon.com Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast paced High volume High energy
RET/Pack/Gift Wrap Ambassador and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJMarch 29, 2016
My day would begin by first checking the board to see what my duties will be for that day, I would then report to my designated area and either gather neccessary supplies and or reports and training tools and begin. As a Trainer I would demonstrate and educate associates in their respective processes, as a RET Trainer I would evaluate and demonstrate and guide the process for associates in order for them to achieve their desired goal as a productive associate. I thoroughly enjoyed being a process guide and a retrainer because it allowed me to work with associates who were having difficulties. The best part of my job was when I was able to help someone else meet their goals.
Pros
compensation and room for growth
Cons
travel distance
Worst place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Besides the long hours, the culture is very poor. The only thing that matter is the numbers not the people. I won't recommend no anyone who has a little of respect for a human being to work in this place. The management most likely are people just graduated from University or MBA Programs, they are smart but unfortunately most of them doesnt have people skills, no experience at all developing people. They have a lot of technology, but unfortunately most of the reports are unaccurate. It was a very sad experience for me to discover what it is behind this great company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Amazon Policy: work hard, have fun and make history
Customer Returns PROCESS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ONDecember 5, 2015
Amazon is a hard work place but it is fun to work with the best team: Customer Returns, I learned how to work in a warehouse for a company that take care 100% of the customers.
Pros
Montly Bonus and benefits
productive,fun place,with all benefits medical and dental
Fulfilment Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 17, 2015
I am truly thrilled to be a part of amazon Canada and it s the place to work at.It s a fast paced,deadline oriented job and i love it,
benefits
Cons
night shifts
Horrible place to work.
Picker and packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton and MissisuagaJuly 3, 2015
I would rather like go to the moon without protective gear than work in a horrible company. 0% job security, 10-hour straight walking, Pick 138 items an hour and annoying managers (who even doesn't know how to run scanner properly).
Absolutely 0% of chances to grow within the company (if you get hired by SMX you are busted, one of the earth's annoying coaches and supervisors supervise you. When I ask some technical question about the job, they just stare at your face) You will get white badge if you hired by SMX and let me clear one thing every single responsibility or work is for white badge people and every single benefit only for blue badges (permanent employees). If you are a white badge employee you even don't get your gloves to use from vending machine with your badge, you have to ask manager every single time to get gloves.
Spoiler alert
DONT WORK IN AMAZON EVER IF YOUR LIFE REALLY MATTERS TO YOU. ONE OF MY HORRIBLY WRONG DECISION TO WORK WITH THEM.
Pros
Nothing to mark as pros rather than some cool people.
Cons
Horrible management, Annoying coaches and supervisors, No benefits for white badges, some stupid and unmeetable working rates, no room for growth, long hours. after working one month you will probablly count your loosen body parts.
Great place to work if....
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCMarch 9, 2016
This company wants nothing but the best staff. They are a numbers based company. They want you to hit your rate every single week. It took me a couple months to get my groove as a white badge (SMX) before I got better and I eventually after six months of getting my conversion letter and then becoming a blue badge. The managers are committed, passionate people who want you to succeed along with the HR team. My advice to those who are considering applying at SMX or Amazon directly is this. If you have stellar work ethic, you're good with a people and you care about customer service you'll be fine here. BUT. on that note:

Yes, you will have to work 10 hour shifts.
Yes, they are a numbers driven company.
Yes, you will have to walk A LOT.
Yes, it's a competitive environment.
Yes, your RATES do matter.
Yes, your QUALITY matters.
Yes, your managers DO pay attention to your performance.
Yes, there are opportunities to grow.
Yes, there is Mandatory Overtime.

If you work hard, you'll have no problem here. If not, you may not get the result you want. Nothing comes free here. Leadership won't give you a blue badge because you give minimum effort and a mediocre attitude.
Pros
Great HR team, Great Managers, Opportunities to Grow, Good Co-Workers
Cons
Mandatory Overtime sometimes comes unexpectedly. (Flexibility is a must here)
productive, fun work place amazing people
order picker (Former Employee) –  newestminster bcJanuary 18, 2016
i loved working with amazon . the people were amazing and the work flow was great. the only down side was the long hours. The management was very good and they helped with a lot of questions that i had and they helped with anything that i needed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Productive supervisors and managers are very suportive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCDecember 30, 2015
I learned how to used RF gun scanner and towing
I learned how I managed my time when I was assigned in gift wrapping and towing.

I enjoyed working with my co- workers so much fun
Hardest time when I don't know where I place my stuff
because all shelves was occupied. I was sad because my speed was suddenly down.

Free Dinner when we have an over time and bonus and raffle draw
for the most speed worker.
Pros
Free Pizza for dinner and warm up before and after work
Cons
Great temp co-workers, horrible management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 14, 2015
Loved working with my temp co-workers and making jokes during mandatory break times since most of the work outside of break time was independent. Leadership is not very caring or understanding if you are injured. If they deem your injury so severe that you can't work, they find some other reason to fire you that is completely bogus. The work itself was easy, but the physical toll is not worth the pay. There is zero room for growth and no job security.
Pros
free lunches, great temp co-workers, 4 day work week
Cons
10 hour shifts, leadership with no empathy
Fast paced - great fellow associates - great benefits - fun Zone
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Delta B.COctober 9, 2015
Typical day would be fast paced, new requests coming at you from all department equally urgent.

What I learned at Amazon is to prioritize in order of importance and schedule everything you need to do for the following day in your calendar, else you would never get any thing accomplished - starting everything and finishing nothing.

Co-workers at Amazon are what made the job fun, cooperative, hard working and always willing to help one another.

Hardest part of my job is leaving, don't want to, but need to pursue a new career.
Pros
cultural days, treats of the world, family BBQ's
Cons
Mandatory overtime
friendly people and made peak fun
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONFebruary 16, 2016
My co workers at amazon wear great and friendly just like most of the management. The work was never to much or overwhelming because the workplace itself was very organized and everything seemed to run smoothly.
very tiresome and tough job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2015
if you are person who can walk non stop for upto 10 hours then you are made for this job. Almost 25-30 km of daily non stop fast paced walk will certainly peel your weight off but you will certainly be left with frequent foot ache.
Pros
frequent prize draws
Cons
long hours and non stop walk.
Productive and fun place to work
Staff Management SMX (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 15, 2016
Is a nice place to start a career, you learned very easily, the environment is nice, working with different ethnic people is nice. The hard part of the job is to work long hour more than 12 hrs. And the most enjoyable part of the job was free breakfast, Good recognition program.
Pros
Good recognition program
Cons
long hour
HIgh energy environment with low pay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Amazon fulfillment (brampton)November 9, 2015
I work in Amazon as Warehouse Associate The work is physically demanding. Pay is low. Overtime is mandatory. Felt like a robot. Breaks were short because it took time to walk from warehouse to break room.

(i want the management of Amazon do picking at least one month in a year then they will know why people have so much complained)
Pros
Order Picker
Great work place
Graveyard Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCMay 2, 2016
I would have to say that Amazon has one of the nicest warehouse's I've ever worked in, it's very spacious and neatly organized. While I was there everyone was very nice and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Good pay, great environment
A typical Fulfilment Center
Associate (Former Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 21, 2015
Not a place to build a career. Depending on the nature of your job, it could be very monotonous in nature and with little work-life balance.
Pros
Good for resume
Cons
Not a long term career option
Fast Pace and Fun at times with a Fun Room at Break time
Dock Clerk/Heavy Equipment Trainer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Love the Experience at Amazon,its making me to be a more responsible and more manageable person. My Managers have a lot of trust and confidence in me and my work performance
Pros
fun games and free liunches from time to time...
Cons
Long Hours from time to time..
If you need experience that's where you go.
Outbound Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 28, 2016
They are willing to train anybody on just about anything in the warehouse. Management doesn't really listen to their employees very well.
Pros
No experience necessary
Cons
low wages for type of work
Fun place to work at
Admin Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 28, 2015
Amazon is an amzing place to work at,very caring about the employee and HR is so efficient as they always stand by your side
Pros
pays
fun work place.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2016
It was always a good shift. I respected the work place very much. I had a very normal day shift, and very typical work. it was a lonely job to work cause I started talking to the books. that was the hardest part.