Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall a good experience
Picker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: teaching students everyday enhanced my knowledge too
Cons: nothing as such
I started this institute and since it was my own very first business i had too many responsibilities to be taken care of simultaneously, from administration to syllabus designing and scheduling teachers. I learnt a lot from this.
Horrible place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Delta, BC, CanadaSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: other temporary workers are friendly.
Cons: way too many to list.
Where do I begin?

This place is a joke, I got hired on as a temp for the 4th quarter season (fall-winter) last year because it's the busiest. They hire on like 150 temp workers for this and then fire all of us on the first week of January.

There's only like 20-30 full time Amazon employees, the rest were temps from Amazon's in-house staffing agency – more... SMX. Us temps get paid 12/hr while the perms make over 15/hr plus benefits. The temps get pushed harder and harder while the perms slack off.

We have "coaches", two over weight guys who walk around telling us how we can go through the isles and pick at a faster rate, oh yeah they want you to pick 130 picks a hour, that's one every 33 seconds throughout a vast warehouse, where you scan guns sends you from one side to the next. The coaches don't do anything other than that and get paid more than the temps for it.

You have "safety" guys who don't do jack but walk around pointing out errors in your lifting techniques or that your moving too fast in/out of aisles.

So the "safety" guys tell you to slow down, while management tells you to speed up. Anyone with a brain knows safety/speed don't go hand-in-hand.

The SMX staffing guy is a complete 'you know what'. And treats you like scum. Even though you pick at a faster speed than the permanents. If you make 130 picks a hour then he wants you to pick 140 your next shift and so on.

The permanents walk around leisurely at there own pace, laughing cracking jokes and the bosses don't care. The temps are pushed like machines, and if your caught having a 1 minute convo with a fellow temp you get "written up".

They dangle this carrot in front of you that you will get hired on as permanent if you work hard, this is a complete lie there is way too many temps and not enough full time permanent positions, the permanent positions are already filled and staffed.

Amazon is a joke and they cut corners buy hiring slave labor temps for there busiest season then save money buy firing them all after. They force you to work overtime, if you don't you get "2 points" you have 6 points till SMX fires you, being sick is 1.5 points.

The only positive is that all of the temps are friendly and cool people. The permanent employees are not and treat temps like dirt.

In the Canadian job market there are more than enough jobs out there that pay 12+ with benefits and management that cares about you and actually treats you well.

TL;DR ..... Avoid working at Amazon (Amazon Delta, Annacis Island) like the plague. – less
Outside all day
Stock Put Away Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: worked with great people
Cons: lifting heavy stuff
Driving and delivering office furniture was the day...Loved the Co workers..Hardest partof the day was lifting heavy stuff up stairs.
Did fun along with co-workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches and snacks for some associated days, gift cards for those who showed up on weekends
Cons: long hours, less breaks
I would day I really enjoyed working there, company is so caring towards their workers. I mean the company is famous about getting serious on the floor about employees health and safety measures. I felt this personally so I really enjoyed being a part of Amazon once in a life. The hardest part is that their shifts are for long period of time but at – more... the same time its kind of fun because all the co-workers are so nice to you that you didn't even realize of that hardest part sometimes. – less
layed back work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 24, 2014
Pros: decent atomsphere
Cons: long hours
learned everything on the job, very repetitive , didn't see much of an opportunity to grow within the company
Productive and fun workplace.
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: seasonal job
I enjoy working in this company but they are only hiring when it's on peak season, good as a seasonal job.
Wouldn't recommand
Inventroy Control (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: spacious cafetaria, lots of microwaves, provide feminim hygiene products and medication
Cons: no cellphone, no locker, very annoying managers
Laid back work environment and OK pay but not a secure job and no advancement.What I hated the most was "coaches", supervisors/managers reminded you how you could lose your job any day.
Job was pretty simple (counting products), but very very very boring!!!
As one would think counting items everyday would lead to few errors but managers say that there – more... should be none.Which is when they would say to count better or you will lose your job.
I think if they had better more friendly mangers, who also had realistic expectations of employee performance, it would have been a much better place to work.
Because of managers attitudes several people would quit every week (I lasted 3 months, looks for another job while there, found one then left). So there were always new people coming in.
But what I did enjoy (the only thing) was it felt a little more free, in that we could go to the washroom or drink some water whenever we wanted. We were also allowed to talk with co workers even joke around a bit just as long as we were doing our job and not being so loud.
Overall it isn't a good place to work at, most hated it. But if there is no other choice what can you do but work :( – less
Amazon.ca - Fullfillment
Area Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Amazon fulfillment is a typical production/warehousing atmosphere but with an insane amount of SKU variation which makes the way they conduct their operations very "peculiar". The Area Manager role effectively manages anywhere between 25 to over 120 warehouse associates, making it a very challenging and rewarding experience.

The Canadian fulfillment – more... side still needs to adjust their culture to the american Amazon.com culture which has a very good set of principles and practices. The lack of underlying operating principles make it very hard to cope with very frequent changes within the fulfillment site. Support from upper management is seldom available as they face their own difficulties trying to adjust to the same changes. – less
relatively fast paced work environment, great work atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cork, CDecember 29, 2013
Pros: challenging work
Cons: long hours, some tedium between customers
Communicate with customers, fulfillment centres and couriers to correct any faults in the ordering and delivery system.
Learned how to speak with and calm irate customers and how to co-ordinate multiple assets. also learned about the logistics behind such huge companies.
Management were on the most part very consistent and helpful. Co workers were friendly – more... and helpful. the most difficult part of the job was having to explain to customers that their orders would be delayed. the most enjoyable part was getting great customer feed back – less
I enjoyed when i worked with friendly staff. They have very tight security. I liked the punchuality. They give importants to everyone.
general labour (Former Employee), mississauga onJune 23, 2013
Cons: temparrey
Good company I liked that job but i had a had baby and my working hours was 2pm till 2am. So i need another seasonal work.
fun with all working area
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 18, 2013
I love working with new people, .All co-workers are so good, nice, helping each other. We do picking like 10 hours walking.
fun with all working area
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 18, 2013
I love working with new people, learn to take debits, credit cards, cooking etc.All co-workers are so good, nice, helping each other.
Fun workplace, used dogs to assist
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2012
Pros: got to work with dogs. i love animals
Cons: night shift
1.patrolling warehouse
2. fun, excited co-workers, made it easy to work effectively
3. learned procedures and followed strict orders
4. overnight position made it difficult for me to manage my lifestyle
productive
Technical Support Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2012
they links their employee skills with opportunities for growth in the company and helps employees understand how their work contributes to the firm's success. That I like the most which help us to develop our skills and company.
rec prep, package items
prep (Former Employee), chatt tnSeptember 21, 2014
problem solving and rec, items packaging, at amazon.helping employs with the preblems and items they were packing,
Sweet and Sour
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: incredibly smart people
Cons: too much work
My experience at amazon was very enjoyable, but very sour at the same time. My biggest issue with it was that there were times when, due to deadlines I had to meet, I would stay at the headquarters working until 2 AM. Sometimes I would go home early, but I would still work from home until 2 AM.

How much time you work depends on what deadlines are coming – more... up, and what time you are in. If you get an offer to come work for amazon, try to avoid ECPS and AWS! – less
hard work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Hebron, KYSeptember 21, 2014
Cons: no matter how hard i worked i still couldn't get hired
a lot of walking. a lot of standing. but great coworkers. management was not that polite.
work
Mechandise coordinator (Current Employee), Hazleton, PASeptember 20, 2014
Not the ideal place to be employed, long hours and bad working conditions.
Fun place to work.
Reciever, Prep, Problem Solver, Process Guide (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 19, 2014
Amazon is a friendly and fast paced environment. Very fun place to work.
Fun environment and great co-workers
Account Executive (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2014
Overall a good place to work but politics and poor management severely impacted morale.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amazon.com

Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to – Read more