Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Outside all day
Stock Put Away Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: worked with great people
Cons: lifting heavy stuff
Driving and delivering office furniture was the day...Loved the Co workers..Hardest partof the day was lifting heavy stuff up stairs.
Did fun along with co-workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches and snacks for some associated days, gift cards for those who showed up on weekends
Cons: long hours, less breaks
I would day I really enjoyed working there, company is so caring towards their workers. I mean the company is famous about getting serious on the floor about employees health and safety measures. I felt this personally so I really enjoyed being a part of Amazon once in a life. The hardest part is that their shifts are for long period of time but at – more... the same time its kind of fun because all the co-workers are so nice to you that you didn't even realize of that hardest part sometimes. – less
layed back work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 24, 2014
Pros: decent atomsphere
Cons: long hours
learned everything on the job, very repetitive , didn't see much of an opportunity to grow within the company
Productive and fun workplace.
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: seasonal job
I enjoy working in this company but they are only hiring when it's on peak season, good as a seasonal job.
Wouldn't recommand
Inventroy Control (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: spacious cafetaria, lots of microwaves, provide feminim hygiene products and medication
Cons: no cellphone, no locker, very annoying managers
Laid back work environment and OK pay but not a secure job and no advancement.What I hated the most was "coaches", supervisors/managers reminded you how you could lose your job any day.
Job was pretty simple (counting products), but very very very boring!!!
As one would think counting items everyday would lead to few errors but managers say that there – more... should be none.Which is when they would say to count better or you will lose your job.
I think if they had better more friendly mangers, who also had realistic expectations of employee performance, it would have been a much better place to work.
Because of managers attitudes several people would quit every week (I lasted 3 months, looks for another job while there, found one then left). So there were always new people coming in.
But what I did enjoy (the only thing) was it felt a little more free, in that we could go to the washroom or drink some water whenever we wanted. We were also allowed to talk with co workers even joke around a bit just as long as we were doing our job and not being so loud.
Overall it isn't a good place to work at, most hated it. But if there is no other choice what can you do but work :( – less
Amazon.ca - Fullfillment
Area Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Amazon fulfillment is a typical production/warehousing atmosphere but with an insane amount of SKU variation which makes the way they conduct their operations very "peculiar". The Area Manager role effectively manages anywhere between 25 to over 120 warehouse associates, making it a very challenging and rewarding experience.

The Canadian fulfillment – more... side still needs to adjust their culture to the american Amazon.com culture which has a very good set of principles and practices. The lack of underlying operating principles make it very hard to cope with very frequent changes within the fulfillment site. Support from upper management is seldom available as they face their own difficulties trying to adjust to the same changes. – less
relatively fast paced work environment, great work atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cork, CDecember 29, 2013
Pros: challenging work
Cons: long hours, some tedium between customers
Communicate with customers, fulfillment centres and couriers to correct any faults in the ordering and delivery system.
Learned how to speak with and calm irate customers and how to co-ordinate multiple assets. also learned about the logistics behind such huge companies.
Management were on the most part very consistent and helpful. Co workers were friendly – more... and helpful. the most difficult part of the job was having to explain to customers that their orders would be delayed. the most enjoyable part was getting great customer feed back – less
I enjoyed when i worked with friendly staff. They have very tight security. I liked the punchuality. They give importants to everyone.
general labour (Former Employee), mississauga onJune 23, 2013
Cons: temparrey
Good company I liked that job but i had a had baby and my working hours was 2pm till 2am. So i need another seasonal work.
fun with all working area
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 18, 2013
I love working with new people, .All co-workers are so good, nice, helping each other. We do picking like 10 hours walking.
fun with all working area
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 18, 2013
I love working with new people, learn to take debits, credit cards, cooking etc.All co-workers are so good, nice, helping each other.
Fun workplace, used dogs to assist
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2012
Pros: got to work with dogs. i love animals
Cons: night shift
1.patrolling warehouse
2. fun, excited co-workers, made it easy to work effectively
3. learned procedures and followed strict orders
4. overnight position made it difficult for me to manage my lifestyle
productive
Technical Support Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2012
they links their employee skills with opportunities for growth in the company and helps employees understand how their work contributes to the firm's success. That I like the most which help us to develop our skills and company.
Awesome place to work productive good benefits
Packer (Current Employee), Chester, VAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: i won a free lunch once.
Cons: breaks should be a little longer due to facility size.
I've learned that anything is possible working at Amazon. The management and staff were always supportive and inspirational. The co-workers were very outgoing individuals. The hardest part of the job for me was the levels I'd push myself to be better than yesterday. My most enjoyable part of the job is hearing my name on the loud speaker recognized – more... as one of the top packers in all of Amazon and if I may add being one of the first to win the FAB 50 AWARD! – less
We had catered lunches occasionally,had tv in break room.
Quality associate (Former Employee), Hebron, KYAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good work place, great associates to work with.
Cons: the division i worked in, was a new section and the management was far from up to the company standards of amazon.
For the most part it was a great place to work. It was a safe place to work.
Work Day
Customer Support Advisor (Former Employee), EdinburghAugust 16, 2014
Pros: good on cv
Cons: micro montoring causes stress. too demanding.
Stressful, lack of work/life balance. Too much demand to do too much. I enjoyed my job as I love working with customers. It would have been much better if they would have reduced their expectations of staff.
Great Warehouse Job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Lewisberry, PAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: fun work, good pay, great people
Cons: management
No place is perfect but my stay at Amazon was a good one. The people there are great and feels more like a family. Management can be unorganized a little and a bit pushy during peak season.
Busy and fast paced
Driver Associate (Former Employee), wednesburyAugust 15, 2014
Load van in the morning then drive to selected location deliver parcels
Provide clients with parcels.
Stow Associate (Former Employee), West Phoenix 11 LocationAugust 14, 2014
Pros: greet working enviorment
Cons: too much security screenings.
Stowing products on shelves.
Scan items for shipping. and provide customers with information.
Inventory control
Challenging Job
Outbound Associates (Current Employee), Haslet, TXAugust 14, 2014
Cons: we have medical, dental and visions and we have two 15 min breaks and one 30 min lunch break in 10 hours shift
Its pretty good but challenging job work in Amazon. Start up planning help employees to make day plan to work, which is nice. It has cross-training facility to hep employee to learn more and be productive. I have learned how to process a quality customer order and process them as earliest possible. Management does the Employee rating which helps us – more... to improve our quality work and helps develop the work environment. Management and Co-workers are very friendly and pretty much helpful. Some times i had to carry cases of 50 and 60 pounds which I felt the difficult but very rare I had to do that one though. – less
Productive and Happy Environment.
A runner (Former Employee), Dunfermline ScotlandAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free coffee, cakes and good health care.
Cons: long hours, sore feat and long distance.
I loved working at amazon after the first week. The pay was worth the hours and hard work you had to do, i loved making customers happy and making sure they got there package safely.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amazon.com

Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, – Read more