Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Excellent
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 January 2017
very safe and clean work environment. Very friendly staff. Clear division of work among various departments.
And among all the pay rate for the job was excellant.
Lunch room and worplace are very good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 January 2017
I did 5 months in amazon. Firstly, I started as a employee after 2 month my head saw me working and they like my work so they selected as a supervisor and i was very happy at that movement.
Pros
Always do exercise before starting work
Cons
Productive and fun workplace games and table tennis
Order picker/Stower (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 January 2017
Great place to work good benefits. Long work days 10 hours a day. Great 4 day work weeks. Bins are high and low to reach. A lot of rules for a strict timekeeping of work environment.
Did not pay me for orientation and it has been more than four months
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON23 December 2016
I have been calling them multiple times and was told they will send me a cheque but it never came. I had to quit my job because of a schedule conflict with school. They have offered an option to pick thurs-mon schedule but when I was about to start working they did not have that shift and was told they did not have a choice but to let me go!
Its a fune and lively place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 December 2016
its a fun place to work and my co-worker are lively, but the workload is too much at the warehouse I will recommend this job for a male because you will be lifting throughout the shift
multiculture company
fulfilment (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC12 December 2016
one of the huge ware house in BC with powerful managing ,and friendly crew . wonderful FC with good security and connection .Also verity in work shift can help to crew get rest .
Pros
nice lunch room
Worst experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada,ontario25 November 2016
I worked in amazon for almost couple of months as warehouse associate. I was thinking it is a big organization and was expecting the same respect for employees. Sorry to say that Amazon in ontario, the managers are very rude and disrespect to employees.I don't know whether the higher official know about it or not. But for me it is the worst organization for employees respect. If an organization don't care employees, how can it take care of its customers.
i really like the challenging environment and job duties
Customer service representative /problem-solver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 November 2016
Management is very cooperative. I learnt lot. I develop my overall personality. Staff members are very friendly. Very positive environment.
Great workspace and work culture
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 November 2016
Before every shift began, they had a team huddle, where stretches took place and had work appreciation of different types. When work began, if you are working according to pace and show quality of work, no supervisor or any manager would come to disturb because all your work is system monitored and the supervisors have the access to all your work related data. There are awards to be won every week like, a Kindle Fire tablet, or a Fitbit, or a giftcard, for anybody who shows exceptional work ethics. Lunch room has many games like, ping-pong, XBOX, Play Station, air hockey, and such. Work environment is really nice considering the type of work it is. There are many rights, facilities, and proper gear, provided to you by Amazon, so you can do your work with ease and comfort and most importantly with respect. The hardest part of the job was wearing safety shoes the whole time and walking considerable distances due to the massive scale of the warehouse. The most enjoyable part of the work is the ability to work with the people you like and everything else.
Pros
work experience, occasional free lunches, respect, integrity, safety, hassle-free
Cons
safety shoes along with long walking distances, seasonal shopping craziness
Productive target driven environment.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 November 2016
Productive target driven environment.

Amazon Fulfillment is a great organization in which to learn warehouse operations.

Had the opportunity to work in Inbound, Outbound, Product Returns and Intercompany Transfers.

Also had the opportunity to train new Warehouse Associates.
Pros
Great organization to learn warehouse operations
Cons
Very large organization
It's a puppy mill, except for humans.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 November 2016
Don't feel like writing too much, but they treat you like you're nothing because they know there's another 100 of you waiting for the job. One side of the management has no clue what the other side is doing, no co-ordination.
Productive fun place to work
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON25 October 2016
Great Place, Low income
Follow all safety measures to assure everyone goes home in one piece. Lots of fun through out the day to keep a positive feel.
Pros
up beat positive fun
Cons
long hours - low pay
Productive environment with a large team
Reciever / Dock Team (Former Employee) –  Annacis Island, BC13 October 2016
Very likeable work environment that focuses on teamwork and speed, allows for a lot of communication with coworkers, Management is very approachable and a very family lilke environment
Horrible company to work for, treated like a slave.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2016
Worked for Amazon at their Mississauga warehouse, Mill Creek avenue. SMX - Staff Management is their in house employment agency. Extremely rude and arrogant people from both SMX staff managemt and Amazon. No respect or manners or courtesy.
Its back breaking and knee breaking job. You basically work and are treated like a slave in there. They also assume you are a thief so they check you non stop with metal detectors every time you go i and out. You are shouted at and harassed at every opportunity.
Very high turnover, people come and go, so they are constantly in need of people. Unhappy and disgruntled workers everywhere. Close to 90 % are immigrants, most of them are New to the country, so its easy to exploit them. Very few White people work here. Ministry of labour needs to investigate this place. You will have a mental or physical breakdown if you work here more than a month.
Picking, Packing, Stocking, Shipping, Receiving doesn't matter where you work, its brutal. Your whole body will hurt and break down at the end of the day. The pay is NOT good either for the amount of slave work you do. Half an hour lunch break is actually only 20 mins, when you have to walk through the long warehouse and security detectors. You are monitored each and every second. Its like a JAIL in there. You will be USED left, right and centre at this place. You will lose your self respect and dignity after working here.
A mind numbing, soul crushing, physically and mentally hard job for a LOW pay. Shame on you AMAZON and SMX- Staff Management.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, Physically and Mentally hard, Brutal Management
It's Amazon
Fulfilment Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 October 2016
A nice place to work there. Lot of things to learn. Every day is different so you have to be prepaid to deal with the work and to satisfy our customers.
Fun place to work
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 October 2016
Best Security company ISA through which I worked in amazon. It was good job where I can work and study together. Nearest job to my house. Miss that place already.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
12 hour shift
Stowing Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC6 October 2016
Good place to work. I enjoyed working there and like the work culture. My job was stowing and organizing products into bins.
Pros
work culture
hard work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 September 2016
for money its good but its hard to work with amazon because they have productivity system and it can't be my future. Can't work with amazon more than two years.
Underpaid and Extremely Competative.
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC23 September 2016
Amazon has a great work environment, which is one of the few benefits of working there. At first, I really enjoyed my time at amazon, as I spent a year working at an Amazon Fulfillment center. Unfortunately by the end of the year I was really starting to hate my job and eventually decided it was best to quit and move on considering how competitive it got.

Pros:
-Great Work Environment
-As long as you are a friendly individual, the managers are fantastic and very supportive for the most part.
-The benefits can be a plus depending
-Most coworkers I found to be a joy to work with and kept in touch with them after leaving
-Amazon is a huge brand and would look good on any resume
-mandatory rates weed out people who don't pull their weight.

Cons:
-starting wage in the fulfillment center is only $14 an hour which is extremely low considering you're expected to make extremely high rates which are constantly being pushed up and your wage stays the same. It's also low because they require you to get trained as a pit driver. The thing is the average wage for a pit/forklift driver where I live is 16-17$ an hour, so the wage does not match the level of performance they expect from you.
-with any fulfillment center having 200+ employees, it can be extremely difficult to move anywhere in the company unless you compete with everyone's rates consistently. This alone is extremely tiring and is again, not worth $14 an hour.
-Shifts are 10 hours which wouldn't be a bad thing if their expectations weren't so high.
-Mandatory overtime, especially during the holidays is extremely
  more... exhausting and time consuming as they sometimes require you to work 3-4 weeks straight working 50 hours a week.
-Holidays for amazon and prime week are a complete mess since every employee has to work on those days and half the time, the workload is just too much to handle. And still the wage is $14 an hour.
-The rates are too high for any job positioned at. everyone gets counted per item or action they do on an hourly basis and if you don't meet the rates too much, you'll be fired. Sometimes, you have to run just to keep up with everyone else.
Differnt areas and different people to see
Delivery Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Its good job to see different area and people every day. But in down town, its hard job because of traffic and parking problems.
Management and co-workers are good and always helping.