Amazon.com Employee Reviews in Canada

Enjoyable work, poor salary - rotating contracts
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 6, 2016
I love my work, the management is pretty good. Employees are treated in a very transitory fashion and essential lied to about the prospect of permanent positions. The sad thing is that its obvious that the objective is to gain good workers and release them before they would be required to give them a raise / benefits or be obligated to give them permanent work. Economy killers.
Pros
reasonable workflow, fun events
Cons
near minimum wage - no benefits - low/no permanent hire positions
Fast paced High volume High energy
RET/Pack/Gift Wrap Ambassador and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJMarch 29, 2016
My day would begin by first checking the board to see what my duties will be for that day, I would then report to my designated area and either gather neccessary supplies and or reports and training tools and begin. As a Trainer I would demonstrate and educate associates in their respective processes, as a RET Trainer I would evaluate and demonstrate and guide the process for associates in order for them to achieve their desired goal as a productive associate. I thoroughly enjoyed being a process guide and a retrainer because it allowed me to work with associates who were having difficulties. The best part of my job was when I was able to help someone else meet their goals.
Pros
compensation and room for growth
Cons
travel distance
Productive and fun place to work
Staff Management SMX (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 15, 2016
Is a nice place to start a career, you learned very easily, the environment is nice, working with different ethnic people is nice. The hard part of the job is to work long hour more than 12 hrs. And the most enjoyable part of the job was free breakfast, Good recognition program.
Pros
Good recognition program
Cons
long hour
Worst place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Besides the long hours, the culture is very poor. The only thing that matter is the numbers not the people. I won't recommend no anyone who has a little of respect for a human being to work in this place. The management most likely are people just graduated from University or MBA Programs, they are smart but unfortunately most of them doesnt have people skills, no experience at all developing people. They have a lot of technology, but unfortunately most of the reports are unaccurate. It was a very sad experience for me to discover what it is behind this great company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Productive supervisors and managers are very suportive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCDecember 30, 2015
I learned how to used RF gun scanner and towing
I learned how I managed my time when I was assigned in gift wrapping and towing.

I enjoyed working with my co- workers so much fun
Hardest time when I don't know where I place my stuff
because all shelves was occupied. I was sad because my speed was suddenly down.

Free Dinner when we have an over time and bonus and raffle draw
for the most speed worker.
Pros
Free Pizza for dinner and warm up before and after work
Great work place
Graveyard Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCMay 2, 2016
I would have to say that Amazon has one of the nicest warehouse's I've ever worked in, it's very spacious and neatly organized. While I was there everyone was very nice and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Good pay, great environment
Cons
Great temp co-workers, horrible management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 14, 2015
Loved working with my temp co-workers and making jokes during mandatory break times since most of the work outside of break time was independent. Leadership is not very caring or understanding if you are injured. If they deem your injury so severe that you can't work, they find some other reason to fire you that is completely bogus. The work itself was easy, but the physical toll is not worth the pay. There is zero room for growth and no job security.
Pros
free lunches, great temp co-workers, 4 day work week
Cons
10 hour shifts, leadership with no empathy
Free coffee and clean lunch room. Friendly employees.
Picker-Packer (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCJanuary 8, 2016
There is always good hot coffee in a clean lunch room. Friendly employees come from different counties.
My job is a standard warehouse environment with fast pace requirement, standardized as well. I loved this standard job, as it is clear instruction, standard scanner job.
Pros
On bus routine.
Cons
Seasonal job.
If you need experience that's where you go.
Outbound Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 28, 2016
They are willing to train anybody on just about anything in the warehouse. Management doesn't really listen to their employees very well.
Pros
No experience necessary
Cons
low wages for type of work
productive, fun work place amazing people
order picker (Former Employee) –  newestminster bcJanuary 18, 2016
i loved working with amazon . the people were amazing and the work flow was great. the only down side was the long hours. The management was very good and they helped with a lot of questions that i had and they helped with anything that i needed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
friendly people and made peak fun
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONFebruary 16, 2016
My co workers at amazon wear great and friendly just like most of the management. The work was never to much or overwhelming because the workplace itself was very organized and everything seemed to run smoothly.
Very rewarding and productive workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 5, 2016
- Very Team Oriented
- Productive Workplace
- Very demanding when it came to achieving the necessary pace of work.
- Great place to be introduced to the workforce.
Fast pace but interesting job
Coach/Assistant Supervisor - Fulfillment Centre (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2016
I was their Coach/Assistant Supervisor. I used to do coaching, mentoring,producing performance metrics for the associate. I did problem solving, audits.
Really Huge warehouse with lots of facilities inside
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2016
it was a good experience for to work at that warehouse, spent %99 of the time pushing carts and walking and running around looking for items.
Fast Pace Production Line Work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2016
It has been fast pace production line work. You cant stay away for moment.
Both packaging and receiving at a time has been hard, but by seeing others and experiencing yourself, it becomes easy and you enjoy the work.
Great opportunity to learn customer service
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 29, 2016
I particularly enjoyed dealing with new customer each day. Also, helping customers gave me so much peace of mind. Furthermore, it was in my local vicinity so commute was easy.
fun work place.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2016
It was always a good shift. I respected the work place very much. I had a very normal day shift, and very typical work. it was a lonely job to work cause I started talking to the books. that was the hardest part.
HIgh energy environment with low pay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Amazon fulfillment (brampton)November 9, 2015
I work in Amazon as Warehouse Associate The work is physically demanding. Pay is low. Overtime is mandatory. Felt like a robot. Breaks were short because it took time to walk from warehouse to break room.

(i want the management of Amazon do picking at least one month in a year then they will know why people have so much complained)
Pros
Order Picker
I have nothing bad to really say
Onsite Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2016
High pressure work enviorment, but can be some what borring at times poor hours and managemnet, which leads to poor work life balance.
very tiresome and tough job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2015
if you are person who can walk non stop for upto 10 hours then you are made for this job. Almost 25-30 km of daily non stop fast paced walk will certainly peel your weight off but you will certainly be left with frequent foot ache.
Pros
frequent prize draws
Cons
long hours and non stop walk.