Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Outside all day
Stock Put Away Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: worked with great people
Cons: lifting heavy stuff
Driving and delivering office furniture was the day...Loved the Co workers..Hardest partof the day was lifting heavy stuff up stairs.
Great Benefits, and receiving freebies every month
Customer Care Representative as Seller Support (Former Employee), Quezon City, PhilippinesJune 12, 2014
Pros: freebies
Cons: mid shift, 1 day off
* Fun at Training Period regarding about our products
* our team always have challenges everyday
* Receiving awards for having perfect attendance.
* Hardest part is coming to work at mid-shift everyday and only have 1 day off.
Did fun along with co-workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches and snacks for some associated days, gift cards for those who showed up on weekends
Cons: long hours, less breaks
I would day I really enjoyed working there, company is so caring towards their workers. I mean the company is famous about getting serious on the floor about employees health and safety measures. I felt this personally so I really enjoyed being a part of Amazon once in a life. The hardest part is that their shifts are for long period of time but at – more... the same time its kind of fun because all the co-workers are so nice to you that you didn't even realize of that hardest part sometimes. – less
Excellent work culture
Catalog Associate (Operations) (Former Employee), BangaloreJune 3, 2014
 Primary function as a Key Accounts Manager (end to end operations) for watches category.
 B2B, B2C Sales, Supply Chain management, Marketing, Vendor Management
 Setting up of products on the Amazon website.
 Ensuring the quality of the product pages in meeting of Amazon standards.
 Reviewing the competition for prices.
 Rolling out price, stock – more... & promotion reports.
 Supply chain management which included coordinating with the sellers and Amazon warehouse team for inflow of the goods.
 Identifying reasons for customer returns and working on the remedy action.
 Removal orders of goods to the sellers due to damage in the products.
 Training the new employees in the same role on end to end process of the function. – less
Fun workplace with focus on customer satisfaction not call and email volumes
Customer Services - Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Edinburgh, UKMay 23, 2014
Huge employer world wide so often follow ups got lost in the system which resulted in increasingly frustrated customers.
layed back work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 24, 2014
Pros: decent atomsphere
Cons: long hours
learned everything on the job, very repetitive , didn't see much of an opportunity to grow within the company
Productive and fun workplace.
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: seasonal job
I enjoy working in this company but they are only hiring when it's on peak season, good as a seasonal job.
Wouldn't recommand
Inventroy Control (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: spacious cafetaria, lots of microwaves, provide feminim hygiene products and medication
Cons: no cellphone, no locker, very annoying managers
Laid back work environment and OK pay but not a secure job and no advancement.What I hated the most was "coaches", supervisors/managers reminded you how you could lose your job any day.
Job was pretty simple (counting products), but very very very boring!!!
As one would think counting items everyday would lead to few errors but managers say that there – more... should be none.Which is when they would say to count better or you will lose your job.
I think if they had better more friendly mangers, who also had realistic expectations of employee performance, it would have been a much better place to work.
Because of managers attitudes several people would quit every week (I lasted 3 months, looks for another job while there, found one then left). So there were always new people coming in.
But what I did enjoy (the only thing) was it felt a little more free, in that we could go to the washroom or drink some water whenever we wanted. We were also allowed to talk with co workers even joke around a bit just as long as we were doing our job and not being so loud.
Overall it isn't a good place to work at, most hated it. But if there is no other choice what can you do but work :( – less
Positive Workplace
Content Associate (Former Employee), Chennai, TNFebruary 26, 2014
Amazing place to work. Managers were so friendly and approachable at anytime. Frequent time outings, fun committees and constant team building games motivates the employees and reduces stress.
Amazon.ca - Fullfillment
Area Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Amazon fulfillment is a typical production/warehousing atmosphere but with an insane amount of SKU variation which makes the way they conduct their operations very "peculiar". The Area Manager role effectively manages anywhere between 25 to over 120 warehouse associates, making it a very challenging and rewarding experience.

The Canadian fulfillment – more... side still needs to adjust their culture to the american Amazon.com culture which has a very good set of principles and practices. The lack of underlying operating principles make it very hard to cope with very frequent changes within the fulfillment site. Support from upper management is seldom available as they face their own difficulties trying to adjust to the same changes. – less
relatively fast paced work environment, great work atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cork, CDecember 29, 2013
Pros: challenging work
Cons: long hours, some tedium between customers
Communicate with customers, fulfillment centres and couriers to correct any faults in the ordering and delivery system.
Learned how to speak with and calm irate customers and how to co-ordinate multiple assets. also learned about the logistics behind such huge companies.
Management were on the most part very consistent and helpful. Co workers were friendly – more... and helpful. the most difficult part of the job was having to explain to customers that their orders would be delayed. the most enjoyable part was getting great customer feed back – less
Fun workplace
Senior Catalogue Assocaite (Current Employee), Chennai,Tamilnadu IndiaJuly 10, 2013
Pros: food coupons for breakfast and lunch
Cons: sometimes we need to stretch for long hours
Its a comfortable Job with Day shift and Shuttle facilities. I have learnt a lot of Supply chain process in Amazon.com and mainly works on the High Prioirty Tasks called Andon Cord and focus mainly on fixing customer issues.
I enjoyed when i worked with friendly staff. They have very tight security. I liked the punchuality. They give importants to everyone.
general labour (Former Employee), mississauga onJune 23, 2013
Cons: temparrey
Good company I liked that job but i had a had baby and my working hours was 2pm till 2am. So i need another seasonal work.
Company Review
Catalog Associate (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaJune 10, 2013
It was a great company to work with. The management was good and flexible too.
Very Productive place with lots of fun. As the motto suggests (Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.)
Seller Support (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 3, 2013
Pros: free meal passes every month, free transport and health insurance
Cons: stress during peak times
Everyday is energy packed with full of fun. We start the day with a bang like a group War Cry, rush back to our stations and do our work..

I have learnt very much of how much companies value theoir customers as they are the main purpose for the business.

The company has also impressed me with how each employee is treated with care. Every employee – more... is given the the utmost importance.

Very friendly co-workers, in fact very professional and down to earth.

Hardest part of the job is when we leave back home from work!

The job as a whole is very enjoyable. It depends from person to person, but I was very satisfied with my employment with Amazon.com. – less
fun and leisure place
Imaging Associate (Current Employee), chennai TNApril 29, 2013
The targets are kind off hectic. I did not get to learn much about what i was doing but got an opportunity to work on different projects and learn other things apart from the actual process but it is completely a fun place to work with. The hardest part of the job would be few leads there and the most enjoyable ones are the people.
fun with all working area
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 18, 2013
I love working with new people, .All co-workers are so good, nice, helping each other. We do picking like 10 hours walking.
fun with all working area
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 18, 2013
I love working with new people, learn to take debits, credit cards, cooking etc.All co-workers are so good, nice, helping each other.
Good
Senior Shared Analyst (Former Employee), Hyderabad, A.P, IndiaJanuary 8, 2013
A great company to work for. I have worked there for 1 year and have enjoyed the work culture.
Good
Senior Shared Analyst (Former Employee), Hyderabad, A.P, IndiaJanuary 8, 2013
A great company to work for. I have started my career with this company and ended up staying there for 5 years due to its work culture and learning opportunities i had got there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Amazon.com

Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, – Read more