Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work with
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 October 2016
The Management was great and so the benefits. Almost everyday safety team comes out to remind us our safety is their priority although we have to surpass their expectation in our productivity. Managers and HR are always on the floor and very approachable.
Pros
games, perks, monthly activities for employees, free snacks
Cons
long hours of work
Good management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 February 2017
Better management
Good methods of operations
Satisfying salary
Accessible
Easy to go and come back home
Good staff
Supervisors and other officials very co-operative
Enjoyed this job
Comfortable environment
Pros
Safe job
Cons
No cons
Fast pace and will hire you even if you have no warehouse experience
FC Associate / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC13 November 2016
Challenging work with good benefits. Will hire anyone willing to work hard and will train people on all the warehouse tasks that they will be assigned to.
Productive and fun workplace games and table tennis
Order picker/Stower (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 January 2017
Great place to work good benefits. Long work days 10 hours a day. Great 4 day work weeks. Bins are high and low to reach. A lot of rules for a strict timekeeping of work environment.
Enjoyable work, poor salary - rotating contracts
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2016
I love my work, the management is pretty good. Employees are treated in a very transitory fashion and essential lied to about the prospect of permanent positions. The sad thing is that its obvious that the objective is to gain good workers and release them before they would be required to give them a raise / benefits or be obligated to give them permanent work. Economy killers.
Pros
reasonable workflow, fun events
Cons
near minimum wage - no benefits - low/no permanent hire positions
Motivational although demanding
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC24 January 2017
The work day was 10 hours long although the work week only has 4 days, very packed work in the day and keeps getting more demanding. Amazon as a company always tries to keep you motivated with rewards but the management sometimes fails to do the same.

The hardest part of the job is standing around for 10 hours a day in steel toes sometimes being in the same place, the most enjoyable isbeing done for the day
Pros
2 lunch breaks
Fast paced High volume High energy
RET/Pack/Gift Wrap Ambassador and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJ29 March 2016
My day would begin by first checking the board to see what my duties will be for that day, I would then report to my designated area and either gather neccessary supplies and or reports and training tools and begin. As a Trainer I would demonstrate and educate associates in their respective processes, as a RET Trainer I would evaluate and demonstrate and guide the process for associates in order for them to achieve their desired goal as a productive associate. I thoroughly enjoyed being a process guide and a retrainer because it allowed me to work with associates who were having difficulties. The best part of my job was when I was able to help someone else meet their goals.
Pros
compensation and room for growth
Cons
travel distance
Challenging place with lots of opportunities.
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, UK9 May 2016
Amazon offers lots of opportunities but also is very demanding place. Those who are career focused, passionate about learning new things, and think outside of the box, amazon is the right place to start.
Pros
Health benefits, Education support.
Cons
Holiday embargo during critical periods mainly before Christmas time.
Underpaid and Extremely Competative.
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC23 September 2016
Amazon has a great work environment, which is one of the few benefits of working there. At first, I really enjoyed my time at amazon, as I spent a year working at an Amazon Fulfillment center. Unfortunately by the end of the year I was really starting to hate my job and eventually decided it was best to quit and move on considering how competitive it got.

Pros:
-Great Work Environment
-As long as you are a friendly individual, the managers are fantastic and very supportive for the most part.
-The benefits can be a plus depending
-Most coworkers I found to be a joy to work with and kept in touch with them after leaving
-Amazon is a huge brand and would look good on any resume
-mandatory rates weed out people who don't pull their weight.

Cons:
-starting wage in the fulfillment center is only $14 an hour which is extremely low considering you're expected to make extremely high rates which are constantly being pushed up and your wage stays the same. It's also low because they require you to get trained as a pit driver. The thing is the average wage for a pit/forklift driver where I live is 16-17$ an hour, so the wage does not match the level of performance they expect from you.
-with any fulfillment center having 200+ employees, it can be extremely difficult to move anywhere in the company unless you compete with everyone's rates consistently. This alone is extremely tiring and is again, not worth $14 an hour.
-Shifts are 10 hours which wouldn't be a bad thing if their expectations weren't so high.
-Mandatory overtime, especially during the holidays is extremely
  more... exhausting and time consuming as they sometimes require you to work 3-4 weeks straight working 50 hours a week.
-Holidays for amazon and prime week are a complete mess since every employee has to work on those days and half the time, the workload is just too much to handle. And still the wage is $14 an hour.
-The rates are too high for any job positioned at. everyone gets counted per item or action they do on an hourly basis and if you don't meet the rates too much, you'll be fired. Sometimes, you have to run just to keep up with everyone else.
Work was always positive fun and a great time.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON16 March 2016
A normal day at work would start at 7 am and start and end positive and happy all the time. Working there was a very fast paced and exceptional place to work and be trained to gain experience in factory work. The people are very nice and understanding and the work there is easy to pick up on when you have great concious down to earth trainers and assistants. the communication skills there are absolutely exceptional. (when being taught something or having something explained correct)
Pros
Benefits, salary, Positive and safe work environment
Cons
Lack of work sometimes.
games room
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC20 February 2017
good for workers to get a lot of steam and stress of their heads and also the staff was very kind and caring also helpful in a lot of ways if needed help to solve problems. they never cared if you worked long hours or overtime it was up to you. safe work handling practices taught in training how to lift heavy objects and rotate your whole body when picking up boxes.
Pros
free lunches and birthdays
Cons
percentage working hours
A great place to start your career.
Sr. Human Resources Assistant/Generalist (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC7 January 2017
A great stepping stone to kick start your career. Great HR team, work hard and make history.

New challenges everyday. No day is the same.
Lunch room and worplace are very good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 January 2017
I did 5 months in amazon. Firstly, I started as a employee after 2 month my head saw me working and they like my work so they selected as a supervisor and i was very happy at that movement.
Pros
Always do exercise before starting work
good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2017
it is a nice place to start your working experience, teach you so many good things and you will learn to work with so many different people around the corner .
Pros
free snacks, good area manager and other team
Cons
long hours, heavy work some times
Worst experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada,ontario25 November 2016
I worked in amazon for almost couple of months as warehouse associate. I was thinking it is a big organization and was expecting the same respect for employees. Sorry to say that Amazon in ontario, the managers are very rude and disrespect to employees.I don't know whether the higher official know about it or not. But for me it is the worst organization for employees respect. If an organization don't care employees, how can it take care of its customers.
multiculture company
fulfilment (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC12 December 2016
one of the huge ware house in BC with powerful managing ,and friendly crew . wonderful FC with good security and connection .Also verity in work shift can help to crew get rest .
Pros
nice lunch room
Cons
Productive fun place to work
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON25 October 2016
Great Place, Low income
Follow all safety measures to assure everyone goes home in one piece. Lots of fun through out the day to keep a positive feel.
Pros
up beat positive fun
Cons
long hours - low pay
High demand
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 January 2017
Amazon is a very demanding job. Its hard to keep up and had a lot of inside politics. It's a good place to make money because you get paid weekly.
Did not pay me for orientation and it has been more than four months
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON23 December 2016
I have been calling them multiple times and was told they will send me a cheque but it never came. I had to quit my job because of a schedule conflict with school. They have offered an option to pick thurs-mon schedule but when I was about to start working they did not have that shift and was told they did not have a choice but to let me go!
Productive target driven environment.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 November 2016
Productive target driven environment.

Amazon Fulfillment is a great organization in which to learn warehouse operations.

Had the opportunity to work in Inbound, Outbound, Product Returns and Intercompany Transfers.

Also had the opportunity to train new Warehouse Associates.
Pros
Great organization to learn warehouse operations
Cons
Very large organization