Who is Amaya?
We are a growing industry leader who offers a full suite of gaming products and services including casino, poker, sportsbook, platform, lotteries, and slot machines. Many of the World's largest and best known gaming operators and casinos are powered by Amaya’s online, mobile, and land-based products.
Amaya has quickly gained the reputation as a leader amongst International gaming providers, most recently with the acquisitions of Cryptologic, Ongame, and Cadillac Jack. This tremendous growth has enabled us to successfully emerge into all major gaming markets across the globe with offices in North America, Central America, Europe, and Asia.
What You Can Expect
As Amayans, we like to do things differently. We value merit, expertise and the passion to succeed. We are always looking for a better way to get things done and for fantastic people to help us achieve our common goals. Amaya offers great and equal opportunities for all staff. We strive to keep our employees happy through supporting and encouraging a healthy work/ life balance. As part of the Amaya team, you have access to everything we have to offer including:
Amaya believes in fostering the development of its' teams and encourages everyone to partake in a variety of learning opportunities. We are strong proponents of promoting from within our existing network of individuals and believe that knowledge-sharing is crucial for success.
We benefit from happy and healthy employees and to support this, we have made it our mission to ensure that everyone has a healthy work/life balance. We have processes in place to ensure that this initiative is supported, such as a comprehensive benefits package (100% Amaya paid), a "Zen" room with activities such as foosball & pool as well as flexible workday start and end times.
Our office is located on the West end of Downtown Calgary, steps from the new Kerby C-Train station. We are 1 block from a convenient access point to the extensive Calgary cycling pathway network and offer secure storage for bicycles as well as on-site showers. Getting to work couldn't be easier - or more affordable!
Who are you?
Are you a team player who takes pride in creating the foundation for IT operations, providing innovative and strategic solutions?
Do you thrive in a fast paced, cutting edge environment, using the latest technologies and devices?
Are your skills with server/network design and operation something to brag about with your friends?
If so, our Infrastructure Team is looking for you as the next great mind to join Amaya!
As a System and Network Administrator, you will contribute to the team's overall success by providing a high level of both network and system design and operation along with knowledge and experience running operations in a co-location data center. As an integral part of IT operations, you will strive for excellence, continuously working to deliver top system functionality and service to our customers worldwide.
- Develop, document, and implement processes to deliver an automated, accurate, and efficient system and network environment.
- Design, develop, test, and implement server platform infrastructure and software.
- Manage and administer servers, firewalls, switches, and load balancers.
- Assist team members with on-site troubleshooting, replacement, and hardware repairs.
- Managing and resolving a variety of service requests including, incidents, changes and problem tickets.
- Patch Management of server and network infrastructure within department remit.
- Maintain accurate and up to date information in CMDB regarding server and infrastructural equipment.
Technical & Personal Attributes
- Strong experience in operations of RedHat Linux based platforms.
- Knowledge and experience in server hardware sizing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for various audiences including staff and team members.
- Experience working with x86 server hardware from vendors such as HP, Cisco, IBM, and Dell.
- Knowledge and experience administering network equipment such as firewalls/switches/load balancers.
- Highly responsible and motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision and completing tasks on time.
- Experienced in different virtualization including XEN, vmWare, and Linux KVM virtualization software.
Nice to Haves
- Follow market trends within the area in order to secure efficiency in both operational environment and cost.
- Scripting language experience is a strong asset.
We appreciate your interest in this fantastic opportunity, however due to a high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting those who are selected for an interview.