Who is Amaya?
We are a growing industry leader who offers a full suite of gaming products and services including casino, poker, sportsbook, platform, lotteries, and slot machines. Many of the World's largest and best known gaming operators and casinos are powered by Amaya’s online, mobile, and land-based products.
Amaya has quickly gained the reputation as a leader amongst International gaming providers, most recently with the acquisitions of Cryptologic, Ongame, and Cadillac Jack. This tremendous growth has enabled us to successfully emerge into all major gaming markets across the globe with offices in North America, Central America, Europe, and Asia.
What You Can Expect
As Amayans, we like to do things differently. We value merit, expertise and the passion to succeed. We are always looking for a better way to get things done and for fantastic people to help us achieve our common goals. Amaya offers great and equal opportunities for all staff. We strive to keep our employees happy through supporting and encouraging a healthy work/ life balance. As part of the Amaya team, you have access to everything we have to offer including:
Amaya believes in fostering the development of its' teams and encourages everyone to partake in a variety of learning opportunities. We are strong proponents of promoting from within our existing network of individuals and believe that knowledge-sharing is crucial for success.
We benefit from happy and healthy employees and to support this, we have made it our mission to ensure that everyone has a healthy work/life balance. We have processes in place to ensure that this initiative is supported, such as a comprehensive benefits package (100% Amaya paid), a "Zen" room with activities such as foosball & pool as well as flexible workday start and end times.
Our office is located on the West end of Downtown Calgary, steps from the new Kerby C-Train station. We are 1 block from a convenient access point to the extensive Calgary cycling pathway network and offer secure storage for bicycles as well as on-site showers, Getting to work couldn't be easier - or more affordable!
Who are you?
Are you a Java scripting ninja who delivers high quality code?
Do you possess a deep understanding of object oriented design principles that reaches beyond basic Inheritance?
Are your greatest achievements realized when you are surrounded by people who want to hear your opinions, who want to share their knowledge, and where you are empowered to deliver results by your own self direction?
If so, our Client Development Team is looking for you as the next great mind to join our team!
As a Java Developer, you will contribute to the team's overall success by providing creative solutions for the unique challenges of software development in the online gaming space. We strive for excellence, continuously improving the existing software through new code development, refactoring, and advanced testing practices.
- Identify and communicate technical and processes impediments, providing effective solutions to ensure the overall quality, reliability, and scalability of the system.
- Provide high-level system design and support of the system architecture, APIs and protocols.
- Creation of web service APIs and integration with 3rd party systems using a variety of approaches (REST, XML-RPC, JSON-RPC, SOAP)
- Design new databases and work against existing legacy databases as required.
Technical & Personal Attributes
- Strong command of Java programming language, the Java platform, and Java Application Servers (Resin, Tomcat)
- Solid user interface design skills, both for back office software as well as a good eye for custom user interfaces for player facing gaming software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for various audiences including customers, team members, and management.
- Strong analysis and design skills, capable of participating in many stages in the development life cycle as assigned by Project Manager.
- Able to translate user stories and requirements into a design that produces high quality code.
- Solid understanding and experience working with Object Oriented Design Principles.
Nice to Haves
- Exposure to MS SQL Server, T/SQL, PostgreSQL, and ORM is an asset.
- Developing web applications/services for both Linux and Windows environments is an asset.
- Experience with other languages and platforms are an asset, especially Ruby, Python, PHP, .NET, or ActionScript 3 and Flash/Flex.