Amarr Garage Doors

Amarr Garage Doors Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Staff
Production Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: paid holidays off
Cons: a lot of turn arounds
Work Flow stays pretty constant if you want overtime its there.

I learned that manufacturing jobs are good to work at especially when the other employees and supervisors are easy to get along with

Management is alright for the most part.

Most coworkers were willing to help when you asked and they were laid back and easy to get along with

Hardest part was the mandatory overtime after 10+days it kind of gets to you but the money is worth it

Most enjoyable part would be knowing the job is secure as long as you show up and just do your job the best you can
Typical order entry job.
Customer Service Warranty Specialist (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSFebruary 12, 2015
Typical order entry job. Answer calls from Lowes to set up work orders for garage door customers. Decently paced. It was alright. No huge complaints.
Fast paced manufacturing
Fullview Assembler (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: tons of overtime and weekends
a typical day i would be at my station in fullview on the drill making sure i had enough work prepared for my crew of 5 people and we would create fullview glass doors, the hardest part of my day would be finding 100% quaility product and the enjoyable parts of the day was the coworkers.
the equipment is worn out and always breaking down.
Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSJanuary 26, 2015
There is very little training provided and management has way too high of expectations from the maintenance crew and equipment to keep down time to a minimum. The production people are constantly
quitting or being replaced with people that don't know how to run the equipment so productivity is low. Human resources has a hire and fire policy so that very few experienced people work there and it ruins morale. The people in the maintenance department that have a secure job there would probably not have the experience or skill to work anywhere else so there is a very "insider and outsider" feeling to the department. Basically everybody in maintenance has to answer to every high school drop out and ex-con that Human Resources hires on the floor because "they are our customer" and that makes for a very long day.
Service tech
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSJanuary 6, 2015
It was a good place to work. But was to far for me to drive everyday
Its a job
Logistics/Install Coordinator (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSNovember 13, 2014
Feels like working for a company no one knows about. Seems like it was going nowhere in the future.
not fun dealing with management
Truck Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), Attleboro, MANovember 6, 2014
Pros: driving
Cons: treatment of employees
not a bad place to work @. but tough to work in warehouse when certain managers are complete utter JERKS.
Toggle Lock Operator (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSNovember 3, 2014
I worked with some of the greatest people at this company. I learned a lot almost every day working there.
Great company
Graduate Consultant (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCOctober 15, 2014
Great place to work. I highly recommend to anyone to seek out this place
Steady paced, labor intensive, warehouse work
EPS dept., EPS2, Track dept. (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSSeptember 26, 2014
EPS dept., EPS2, Track dept.
 Working safely in a physically demanding warehouse job.
 Contributing to the making, packaging, and shipping of garage doors and parts.
 We had to meet deadlines and were required to work mandatory overtime.
 I met my deadlines and showed up to work on time.
Dependable job
Hardware Specialist (Former Employee), Mocksville, NCAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches, cool co-workers
Cons: favoritism, bias management
Print lables for that days orders, if none for that day proceed to the next day
Make sure that you have plenty of supplies such as boxes, rope, tape
Identify how many orders you have and prioritize by truck numbers
Close out finished orders
We had a big Birthday Cake every month
General Accounting, Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 24, 2014
Pros: i liked everyone i worked with
Cons: longer hours on fridays than expected
The management was on a first name basis with everyone. I learned how to create journal entries in a real world environment.
Fast paced and highly productive job
Material Handler/Shipping/Receiving/Warehouse (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSFebruary 10, 2014
Can be stressful at times. Coworkers turn into family over time. They will always bend over backwards for you. I learned almost all positions in production, shipping, receiving and warehouse. Hardest part of the job is the long days, but for the most part goes by quickly.
Assembler (Current Employee), Mocksville, NCJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: team rewards
Cons: management
Typically everyday different orders come in and each day we try to complete as many as possible. Generally our daily quota is 200-240.
Very team oriented with 2 or more people working in this certain department. Most difficult part of the job is doing double work as well as the work for that day due to the lack of certains parts that was either lost in the system or has not arrived on the truck yet. Most enjoyable part of the day is completing orders and finishing strong exceeding the daily quota.
not enjoyable work
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSOctober 23, 2013
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: short breaks, mandatory overtime
not at all a good place to work i learned how not to run a business
Setup to fail
Manager In Training (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2013
Cons: everything
What they don't tell you is they have a 98% failure rate for their management program. They bring you on, put you with managers that have been relocated from other states and don't know the state laws and employment and make training very difficult. The expectations the company sets for you is unrealistic and sets you up to fail from the start.
Management makes it fun to come to work
Team Leader/Warehouse (Current Employee), Lindenhurst, NYAugust 3, 2013
I have working here for about 10yrs and i enjoy all my co- workers. The managers make you feel more like a family then beening your boss.
A normal place
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSApril 10, 2013
Pros: steady weekly pay, simple work
Cons: short breaks, short notice of demanded overtime
I found Amarr to be your standard production factory. The work was mainly simple and required repetitive tasks in an assembly fashion. Management was sometimes screwy, slow to respond to problems or direct the workforce. The hardest part probably would be fixing the machines that seemed to constantly mess up.
Nobody ever seemed excited to be at work
Intern (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSMarch 19, 2013
Spent a few hours in the office on a CAD system, then the rest of the day in the machine shop making parts.
Great!!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSMarch 4, 2013
My work day started at 3:30 and ended at 12:00. I learned about what went into making garage doors and a lot of things about myself. The managers were the absolute best. They were fun and they were great teachers. My co-workers were my family. I was away from home but thanks to them I never thought about it. The hard part was leaving everyday. I loved working there. The most enjoyable part was just being there and working with my co-workers.

About Amarr Garage Doors

This company is really into garage sales. Amarr designs, manufactures, and distributes garage doors for residential and commercial – Read more